PDA

View Full Version : Last time I will ever set foot inside a Turner's store

drifter2be
04-13-2012, 4:05 PM
10 days ago I met with another forum member to swap/transfer guns. Things seemed pretty reasonable there, typical slow Turner's transfer process, but no big deal. I furnished a recently purchased lock, with the receipt, to the gentleman doing the transfer. I tried to leave the lock with the gun, but I was told that I didn't need to and was told to take the magazines for the gun as well...:confused:...OK?

Showed up today 10 minutes before my pick up time to do a little shopping around then pick up my gun, counter wasn't busy so I decided to get the process started. After taking 15 minutes to find the gun in the back the counterperson asks about the lock...:facepalm: "You guys told me that you didn't need me to leave it with the gun" "Well we can't release it without one"

Apparently the idiot doing the paperwork recorded zero information from the receipt I had furnished at the time of transfer...AWESOME! BUT, I can drive back home the 35 miles and 40 minutes it takes to pick up the lock and bring it in, OR I can waste more money and buy one from them...

Before any typical calgunners jump in and say it is required, yeah I know, but I had already furnished the lock with proof of purchase, how is it my fault these dingleberries at Turner's didn't bother to take down the info I had provided?

Needless to say, today was THE LAST time I will EVER set foot in Turner's ever again. Big loss for them as I had a few hundred bucks to drop on magazines, primers, defense rounds, bullets and a holster today, plus we will now be going elsewhere for my GF's revolver. Will be steering all my friends and family that shoot away from their stores as well.

shooperman
04-13-2012, 4:37 PM
You could have done what I always do at Home Depot. Buy it, use it, and return it. That's my little way of sticking it to those big corporations. :43:

ThemBastards
04-13-2012, 4:43 PM
Sounds like a mistake... They happen

Ed_Hazard
04-13-2012, 6:07 PM
The person who did your paperwork should have photocopied the receipt and added it to the package.

I've never had to physically present the lock, just a receipt dated withen the 30 days of DROS. A manager might have been of more help.

drifter2be
04-13-2012, 9:07 PM
The person who did your paperwork should have photocopied the receipt and added it to the package.

I've never had to physically present the lock, just a receipt dated withen the 30 days of DROS. A manager might have been of more help.

The guy handling this was a manager:facepalm:

bigboy
04-14-2012, 9:07 PM
What turners location is this?

drifter2be
04-14-2012, 10:19 PM
San bernardino

Ackrite
04-14-2012, 10:24 PM
I can see why you would be frustrated, but Murphy's Law doesn't take a day off. I usually just take it back with me after the 10 days just in case. It's not a big deal to leave it in your car for an extra week and a half.

maxwellca21
04-14-2012, 10:29 PM
I can see why you would be frustrated, but Murphy's Law doesn't take a day off. I usually just take it back with me after the 10 days just in case. It's not a big deal to leave it in your car for an extra week and a half.

prolly returned the lock already.

DirtyLaundry
04-14-2012, 10:45 PM
I always just sign the safe release unless I'm buying a handgun. :confused:

With things like this its always best to plan for the worst case scenario. Dot all your T's and cross all your I's, bring everything, leave nothing to chance or the off chance that some guy told you something and might remember your face ten days later and what he said. Just bring what you know is required in order to avoid situations like this.

Ask the manager to throw in a couple of boxes of ammo for the inconvenience and move on.

POLICESTATE
04-14-2012, 10:48 PM
Over the years I've seen many posts about the service at Turner's, now while I have never been there since I live in the Bay Area, I must say that it almost sounds like Targetmaster's West up here in Milpitas and this Turner's outfit are owned by the same people.

Who knows? Maybe the are.

Ackrite
04-14-2012, 11:03 PM
Over the years I've seen many posts about the service at Turner's, now while I have never been there since I live in the Bay Area, I must say that it almost sounds like Targetmaster's West up here in Milpitas and this Turner's outfit are owned by the same people.

Who knows? Maybe the are.

And I'm sure somewhere on the internet there's somebody complaining about how bad their shopping experience was at Wal-Mart when they knew what to expect before they even stepped foot in there. Personally, I'm not a fan of Turner's, but I avoid it for a reason instead of having to end up complaining about something that I would've expected to experience.

drifter2be
04-14-2012, 11:11 PM

Why the hell couldn't the retarded counter-jockey just let me leave the lock with the gun?

Quite frankly I'm done talking about it. Between this and them selling guns that have already been drosed to someone else it should be quite obvious that Turner's does not have their act together. I won't be going there anymore and I will be recommending that the place be avoided like the plague to all my friends and family. I'm tired of giving them chances to get their act together. I have been to every location in SoCal and the only one with reasonable customer service is the corona store. Every other location is filled with rude and unhelpful employees and general incompetence. I could go on and on about the bad times I have had at Turner's Outdoorsman but I'm done thinking about it.

Ackrite
04-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Why the hell couldn't the retarded counter-jockey just let me leave the lock with the gun?

Quite frankly I'm done talking about it. Between this and them selling guns that have already been drosed to someone else it should be quite obvious that Turner's does not have their act together. I won't be going there anymore and I will be recommending that the place be avoided like the plague to all my friends and family. I'm tired of giving them chances to get their act together. I have been to every location in SoCal and the only one with reasonable customer service is the corona store. Every other location is filled with rude and unhelpful employees and general incompetence. I could go on and on about the bad times I have had at Turner's Outdoorsman but I'm done thinking about it.

I 100% agree with you. The last time I went was for the grand opening of their Rancho Cucuamonga store. Luckily, Ammo Bros Ontario is the same driving distance from me so I go there instead. Which is why I hate to complain about these things because I know what I'm in for if I go to Turner's and it's something that is either avoidable or something I know I might have to deal with if I go there. And I hope you didn't take any of my posts as flaming you.

stitchnicklas
04-14-2012, 11:28 PM
i am so sick and tired of all the turner apoligzers blaming the patron for turners incompetence.

they are screwing up more and more,their price deals are looking more and more like bass pro prices,they even have the stupid number system and that they ignore half the time like basspro.

screwing people out of money
screwing people out of time
screwing people out of expensive gas
blaming everything but them selves for the issues

enjoy fanboys as more and more people are going elsewhere for good service and THE SAME PRICE.

AragornElessar86
04-15-2012, 12:02 AM
Ya, I just found a new killer shop within walking distance from my house, whose everyday prices are around what Turners sale prices are. It's ammo only at Turners for me from now on. Too bad too, I was really rooting for the "new" Turners. Frankly, I'd rather have the old Turners back.

G1500
04-15-2012, 10:18 AM
San bernardino

San Bernardino Turners is AWFUL!

jpigeon
04-15-2012, 5:59 PM
Always bring everything you need before your purchase and when it is time to pick up. Be prepared for the unexpected...