PDA

View Full Version : Remington 760 GameMaster

papawolfe
04-12-2012, 9:38 PM
I just got a Remington 760 GameMaster in a 30.06 caliber. Any opinions on this rifle. I am trying to find the synthetic fore end and butt stock to replace the wood so it wont get damaged when i take it out to the range or the hills. or if any one knows where i can find the synthetic replacements parts would be helpful

killshot44
04-12-2012, 10:20 PM
Not saying parts for those are models are rare, but you might find some behind the Romney 4Pres office there in Garden Grove.........

They don't carry a lot of regard. So, without value, replacement parts don't get made.
I know you can still find magazines for sale but anything else would be a gunbroker/ebay find.

GL

elSquid
04-12-2012, 10:32 PM
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/762075/ram-line-syntech-rifle-stock-and-forend-remington-760-7600-synthetic-black

-- Michael

barrym66
04-12-2012, 10:51 PM
Not saying parts for those are models are rare, but you might find some behind the Romney 4Pres office there in Garden Grove.........

They don't carry a lot of regard. So, without value, replacement parts don't get made.
GL

Wow, two disses in one post, congrats. :rolleyes:

I have a 760 in 30-.06 with a vintage Redfield fixed 10X scope, early 60's S/N, that my Dad gave me years ago when he felt he would no longer use it. It has taken many deer for both of us, including my first at age 12, and a couple wild pigs for me in the last few years at Tejon Ranch. It is accurate (at 1 MOA using surplus US ammo and under with inexpensive Remington Cor-Lokt), and reliable.

Pump action rifles are not in vogue now, so you can find good 760's for a steal. It does have a kick, though - I added a Hogue butt pad which really helps.

If you plan on doing a lot of wet weather hunting, replacing the stock is not a bad idea, though many (including mine) had pretty good wood, and with that shiny Rem finish, more likely to get scratched in the field (I've been lucky so far).

Good luck and enjoy your 760!