PDA

View Full Version : Vector v93 muzzle brake for featureless

13204u
04-12-2012, 7:00 PM
Well I am dead set on getting a vector v93. I have the cash. One thing I want to do is make the rifle featureless. This means I need to replace the flash hider. My concern is that the only muzzle brake I can find for the rifle, while advertised as such, looks exactly like the flash hider I would be taking off. I cannot find another one available. Below is what I am talking about
http://www.robertrtg.com/igf_brake.html
Should I be concerned, worried? What should I do? I don't want to draw extra attention when it is not needed due to appearance. :confused:

Chaos47
04-12-2012, 7:16 PM
It being marketed as a Muzzle Brake pretty much makes it be good to go for CA DOJ.
By closing up the front and making the opening bullet size makes it different enough from the FH version to be compliant.

tacticalcity
04-12-2012, 8:56 PM
:useless: (of the V93)

jchen76@gmail.com
04-12-2012, 9:58 PM
Should be good to go. That's I used on C93. Sold/Transferred with no issues. It is pain to get the original flash hider off.
http://www.investmentgradefirearms.com/igfproducts.htm
Even the maker says it is a muzzle brake.

brianm767
04-12-2012, 11:02 PM
If the V-93 has a barrel that is less than 16" without the flash suppressor, how do you legally take the permanent flash suppresor off to swap it out, seams like the minute you take it off, you now have a short barreled rifle.

Are there licensed folks who can do it?

Does the barrel need to come off the receiver first to avoid the SBR issue?

I spoke to a distributor and they then talked to Vector about making me a V-93 with a brake of my choice, they were going to pull one off he line prior to flash suppressor installation and install my brake that I would supply to them, I was going to use the IGF brake, I have one on my SAR-8 and it looks great,.

Merc1138
04-12-2012, 11:03 PM
If the V-93 has a barrel that is less than 16" without the flash suppressor, how do you legally take the permanent flash suppresor off to swap it out, seams like the minute you take it off, you now have a short barreled rifle.

Are there licensed folks who can do it?

Does the barrel need to come off the receiver first to avoid the SBR issue?

I spoke to a distributor and they then talked to Vector about making me a V-93 with a brake of my choice, they were going to pull one off he line prior to flash suppressor installation and install my brake that I would supply to them, I was going to use the IGF brake, I have one on my SAR-8 and it looks great,.

You have a gun smith with an FFL(can't remember exactly which one.. 07 I think?) do it.