PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 doing time

Schlyme
04-12-2012, 4:05 PM
so i had read the thread about the savage on sale at big 5 soooo i went to go look at one. well both the Burbank store and the palmdale store didn't have it. i tossed and turned overnight about this craving i had so this morning i stop by the palmdale store to put a ruger into jail. although i like the look of the stainless/black carbine, i did go with the blued/wood one for two reasons. 1) it was about $50 cheaper, 2) the wood felt nicer in my hands over the poly stock.

now I'm just sitting hear staring at the clock as it goes tick tick tick :p
here is a file pic
http://modernsurvivalonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/ruger_1022rb.jpg

JNunez23
04-12-2012, 5:29 PM
Congrats on the the new purchase.

You might want to give the Van Nuys store a shot next time, they carry a decent amount of firearms.

htfan
04-12-2012, 6:31 PM
Very Nice!! Just a warning if you decide to start customizing it... gets addicting!

This is coming from personal experience.

Schlyme
04-12-2012, 7:25 PM
Very Nice!! Just a warning if you decide to start customizing it... gets addicting!

This is coming from personal experience.

OMG I was just at the tactical solutions web site!!!! I need an intervention to keep me from blowing my mortgage!!! :eek:

as far as store locations, burbank is very near work and palmdale is even closer to my house lol. I did see the ruger scout rifle in burbank. i truly feel addicted to shooting!!!

htfan
04-13-2012, 6:34 AM
Yes! Let us know if you needs an intervention.. we're here to help!

Schlyme
04-13-2012, 10:57 PM

I think I'm good. The wife(my 67 mustang) will be back tomorrow and requires a lot of TLC ( engine, trim items and interior ) so she'll be taking possession of all my expendable cash for the near future. I do get a small ammo fund though :p

Schlyme
04-19-2012, 7:05 PM
She's almost free!!! Just a few more days!!! And Amazon shipped my 10/22 case today so it will be delivered on monday as well!!!

Catalyst81
04-19-2012, 7:56 PM
Congrats! I get to pick mine up in a week.

Schlyme
04-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Free at last!!!!!!!!!!!!! wohoo. hopefully tomorrow i will have time before work to clean her and make sure everything is A-ok for shooting ASAP

BBJohnnyT
04-23-2012, 2:03 PM
Congrats! This exact 10/22 configuration was my first gun purchase back in 1980. I still have it and regularly shoot it. Aside from some dings in the stock and the thinning blue finish, it still looks and functions the same as the day I bought it. Other firearms have come and gone, but my old Ruger is an old friend that accompanied me on many plinking adventures. I will never sell it. Hope you'll have the same experience.

htfan
04-25-2012, 12:55 PM
+1 ^^^

Congrats! The same 10/22 was my first rifle back in 1985. I started modifying it then decided to bring it back to complete stock and build a 2nd custom 10/22 with the parts.

... And will never sell it!

EHarris
04-26-2012, 1:51 AM
First Gun I ever shot! love these things. I just picked up a Deluxe sporter model last week. now its time for some mods.

Splash One
04-26-2012, 1:58 AM
OMG I was just at the tactical solutions web site!!!! I need an intervention to keep me from blowing my mortgage!!! :eek:

as far as store locations, burbank is very near work and palmdale is even closer to my house lol. I did see the ruger scout rifle in burbank. i truly feel addicted to shooting!!!

There there, it's okay. I'll just hold on to that 10/22 for you ;)

trob
04-27-2012, 12:48 PM
wait until you have 4 brothers for it :)

ojisan
04-27-2012, 1:17 PM

You bet...we're here to help!
We will hep you select the best accessories and mods for your needs so at least you don't waste any money while blowing your mortgage.
That's how CalGuns does intervention.
;)

Schlyme
04-27-2012, 2:10 PM
hahaha well I just picked up a package deal burris scopes for my AR with a bonus scope fore the 10/22. Now to find rings for it hahahaha