PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Realtor San Bern. Mtn area

MikeR
04-12-2012, 3:57 PM
Looking for an actual CGN member/Realtor that has experience and knowledge with vacant land in San Bernardino mountain area, Arrowhead, Crestline, Big Bear ect...

Looking to buy, Please PM me.

Thanks
Mike

sbjmg
04-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Make sure they offer cashback. And not $500, I am talking about a healthy split of the 2.5-3% they get.

AndrewMendez
04-22-2012, 2:01 PM
Make sure they offer cashback. And not $500, I am talking about a healthy split of the 2.5-3% they get.

Are you kidding me? Make sure they offer cash back?

Do you understand how expensive being a Realtor is?

In Realtor fees alone, per year, I pay $1200 a year. That's to hang the Realtor tag at the end of my title. Ever 3 months, I owe $100 to my local MLS board, my Supra key that allows me to get into people's houses cost me about 26 bucks a month.
On top of that, I have my car payment, plus insurance (over $600 alone). Every single company requires you to hold incredibly high limits, as you are driving with passengers all over the place.

On Average, per transaction last year, I drove 229 miles per deal. That does not include the every day driving back and forth to the office. That is solely driving for each deal. That's showing houses, dropping stuff off at Escrow to save my clients from paying a $50 delivery, etc etc. That's wear and tear on my car as well as gas.

My broker comes in, then takes his cut (most take 30%), then I pay 8% ON EACH DEAL that goes to Century 21 Corporate, for use of their Franchise. I personally have an assistant, and per deal right now, she is averaging about $250 a transaction for hours worked, so I can go out, and look for more business. That does not include the rest of the income she earns, for general paperwork, organizing, answering calls, etc. My desk fee, to park my butt in a seat at work, and have access to a fax/copies/scanner/phone is another $100 a month.
After that, I pay my errors and omissions insurance (not cheap when your selling $250k houses), I donate to a charity and then I pay all my expenses for that specific deal. I purchase a small gift for my clients, then what ever is left, I set a budget for myself until I close my next deal for personal expenses.
After that comes advertising. I DROP OVER $600 a month on advertising. That's money that keeps my phone ringing.

On average, I pay for 2 separate training events per year. They range from Short sale seminars to script/role playing to business management to coaching to property management to Certified distressed property expert to a keep yourself out of court. These are generally 3-5 day events, and most cost $500, the last I went to in San Diego cost $999. The last 3 have been in San Diego, Las Vegas and New Orleans....that's airfare or driving, plus $100 a night for a hotel....all to better serve my clients as a business professional.

So when I hear someone say...Make sure they offer cashback. And not $500, I am talking about a healthy split of the 2.5-3% they get." my first reaction is shut your damn mouth, and mind your own business. After that, I wonder....what is this Agent doing differently then I....to be able to afford to do that.....cut a few of the above out, and then you have your answer....In our industry, we call those discount agents....and if you have an agent offer to give you a large portion of there check, you have to wonder....just what does the agent think of there own self worth, if they are willing to give you so much of it. Then..wonder....how well are they going to work for me, if they are making so little per deal.

A huge number of the listings I am taking right now are short sales. I have one of the FASTEST closing times in my office right now, at just over 16 weeks per deal from the time I get the listing. 16 weeks of me running around, spending money, working in the office, negotiating with the bank....and then getting paid.

Do the math real quick, assuming I close 1 deal per month and sell a $250K house....that's $6250 per deal (2.5%)...at 16 weeks per deal....just how much am I making per deal after all of that? :rolleyes:

You have an agent offer to give you his commission, and you better run to the ****ing hills, as that agent will do nothing for you but waste your time. I promise you, that I am one of the most efficient and productive agent's in my area, and if you were to go thru a deal with me, after working with another agent for a few months, you would not even consider asking me for a penny of my commission. As a matter a fact, the last 4 clients I have worked with, have actually given me a gift for my tireless work. Every deal I opened Escrow on last year, I closed. Every deal thus far, has also closed.
Why....when other agents in the area are averaging 1 every 3.6 to fall out....because I cover every single base before even showing the property...

And that is why I make what I make per deal....An agent is no different then a Lawyer, Doctor or Accountant. You pay a high fee, for a very important task.

/rant.

Andrew

Baconator
04-22-2012, 2:03 PM
Are you kidding me? Make sure they offer cash back?

Do you understand how expensive being a Realtor is?

In Realtor fees alone, per year, I pay $1200 a year. That's to hang the Realtor tag at the end of my title. Ever 3 months, I owe $100 to my local MLS board, my Supra key that allows me to get into people's houses cost me about 26 bucks a month.
On top of that, I have my car payment, plus insurance (over $600 alone). Every single company requires you to hold incredibly high limits, as you are driving with passengers all over the place.

On Average, per transaction last year, I drove 229 miles per deal. That does not include the every day driving back and forth to the office. That is solely driving for each deal. That's showing houses, dropping stuff off at Escrow to save my clients from paying a $50 delivery, etc etc. That's wear and tear on my car as well as gas.

My broker comes in, then takes his cut (most take 30%), then I pay 8% ON EACH DEAL that goes to Century 21 Corporate, for use of their Franchise. I personally have an assistant, and per deal right now, she is averaging about $250 a transaction for hours worked, so I can go out, and look for more business. That does not include the rest of the income she earns, for general paperwork, organizing, answering calls, etc. My desk fee, to park my butt in a seat at work, and have access to a fax/copies/scanner/phone is another $100 a month.
After that, I pay my errors and omissions insurance (not cheap when your selling $250k houses), I donate to a charity and then I pay all my expenses for that specific deal. I purchase a small gift for my clients, then what ever is left, I set a budget for myself until I close my next deal for personal expenses.
After that comes advertising. I DROP OVER $600 a month on advertising. That's money that keeps my phone ringing.

On average, I pay for 2 separate training events. They range from Short sale seminars to script/role playing to business management to coaching to property management to Certified distressed property expert to a keep yourself out of court. These are generally 3-5 day events, and most cost $500, the last I went to in San Diego cost $999. The last 3 have been in San Diego, Las Vegas and New Orleans....that's airfare or driving, plus $100 a night for a hotel....all to better serve my clients as a business professional.

So when I hear someone say...Make sure they offer cashback. And not $500, I am talking about a healthy split of the 2.5-3% they get." my first reaction is shut your damn mouth, and mind your own business. After that, I wonder....what is this Agent doing differently then I....to be able to afford to do that.....cut a few of the above out, and then you have your answer....In our industry, we call those discount agents....and if you have an agent offer to give you a large portion of there check, you have to wonder....just what does the agent think of there own self worth, if they are willing to give you so much of it. Then..wonder....how well are they going to work for me, if they are making so little per deal.

A huge number of the listings I am taking right now are short sales. I have one of the FASTEST closing times in my office right now, at just over 16 weeks per deal from the time I get the listing. 16 weeks of me running around, spending money, working in the office, negotiating with the bank....and then getting paid.

Do the math real quick, assuming I close 1 deal per month and sell a $250K house....that's $6250 per deal (2.5%)...at 16 weeks per deal....just how much am I making per deal after all of that? :rolleyes:

You have an agent offer to give you his commission, and you better run to the ****ing hills, as that agent will do nothing for you but waste your time. I promise you, that I am one of the most efficient and productive agent's in my area, and if you were to go thru a deal with me, after working with another agent for a few months, you would not even consider asking me for a penny of my commission. As a matter a fact, the last 4 clients I have worked with, have actually given me a gift for my tireless work. Every deal I opened Escrow on last year, I closed. Every deal thus far, has also closed.
Why....when other agents in the area are averaging 1 every 3.6 to fall out....because I cover every single base before even showing the property...

And that is why I make what I make per deal....An agent is no different then a Lawyer, Doctor or Accountant. You pay a high fee, for a very important task.

/rant.

Andrew

So, 2% then? ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

VCEnterprises
04-24-2012, 1:36 PM
Sent you a PM