PDA

View Full Version : Ruger 10/22 takedown quality

official_d
04-12-2012, 3:37 PM
Found a screaming deal on a 10/22 takedown I almost cant refuse, but Im still a littl iffy on the quality of it. I know ruger makes good products and the 10/22 has been a work horse for the plinkers but is the takedown model sturdy? Its hard to explain but does it feel good in your hands? Does it have any shake in end of the rifle that would make it not accurate? I ask because I havent been able to find one in person to fondle. I want something that has a quality and tight feel to it.
Here is the deal I found: http://slickguns.com/product/ruger-1022-takedown-22lr-blk-syn-29999-sh?a=5735&k=other

oddball
04-12-2012, 3:47 PM
I have handled mine before it was put away while I wait out the 10 days.

It is rock solid, the interface between the two halves is a great design. The buzz on its accuracy is really reassuring.

official_d
04-12-2012, 4:02 PM
Ive heard its a pretty accurate little rifle. It doesnt have to be the most accurate thing in the world for being a plinker. Im just worried after a couple years of use the interface between the two halfs is going to get lose from taking it apart a lot which in the long run will make it shoot terrible. I need to get my hands on one but its hard to find one at a local gun store.

jimster716
04-12-2012, 4:40 PM
It is solid. I found the gap between both halves of the stock disconcerting but barrel to receiver is locked down solid. I love my lil plinker.

REDPATCHUSMC
04-12-2012, 4:53 PM
Good review here!

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ruger-1022-td-takedown-model-new-gun-review/

whtl
04-12-2012, 5:11 PM
Ruger 10/22 TakeDown on sale at Turners . Calguners get another $10.00 off.

BBJohnnyT
04-12-2012, 9:12 PM
Ive heard its a pretty accurate little rifle. It doesnt have to be the most accurate thing in the world for being a plinker. Im just worried after a couple years of use the interface between the two halfs is going to get lose from taking it apart a lot which in the long run will make it shoot terrible. I need to get my hands on one but its hard to find one at a local gun store.
I have 200 rounds through my TD so far. Same groups as a standard 10/22, after two or 3 rounds once you attach the barrel. The manual says to cock and dry fire a couple of times to seat the barrel, which I haven't done, so that makes sense. There is a knurled adjustment knob to take out any play that would develop after years of use, so it doesn't look like it'll be an issue. I'm impressed with the TD, Ruger really thought this through.

REPR
04-12-2012, 10:48 PM
Seems like a solid little rifle. If anything does work it's way out Ruger has a long history of making things right without a hassle.

GixxerGuy
04-12-2012, 10:52 PM
how do we get an additional $10 off?

REPR
04-12-2012, 11:18 PM
how do we get an additional $10 off?

Mention you're a Calguns member and ask about a discount.

cdmcdoug
04-13-2012, 5:16 PM
Calguns Member's only special came out again today.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=559847

Excaliburr
04-15-2012, 3:58 AM
You can go to gunblast.com for another review. They look to be well made, at least as well as the other 10/22's that are made today. My take down feels good and is tight + shoots accurate..at least as far as 22's go with a compatent shooter. So I guess it depends on what you are looking for? If you are looking for a take down and have only $300 in your budget, then this is the one to get at the moment. I personally love 10/22's and with all those possible accessories, how could you go wrong? Many agree with me, which is why it is hard to find them up here in the North. Ruger has another winner if you ask me.