PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 25MN Extraction/Feeding Issue

flyte74
04-12-2012, 1:26 PM
I have been experiencing an issue with my Marlin 25MN. I have to apply slight backwards and downward pressure on the magazine while cycling the bolt to get it to extract/feed properly. I bought new magazines for it, but the issue is still there. To my untrained eye it looks as though the magazine wants to sit a tad to high which causes the next round to hinder the extraction of the empty casing if I don't pull down on the magazine. Has anyone else with a 25MN (or similar Marlin like the 25M or the newer 925) run into this? Any recommendations for a fix?

rckjeep
04-13-2012, 11:42 AM
I've noticed that if I slam a mag into a mag fed Marlin it will go in further than it should. I'm wondering if yours was repeatedly slammed in and caused some wear to the mag stop.

flyte74
04-16-2012, 8:06 AM
That could be the case. I downloaded the schematics and will be taking a closer look at it this week when I get the chance. I'll take a look at the mag stop and hopefully I can get this minor issue fixed. Thanks for the tip.

dangerranger
04-19-2012, 5:41 PM
I tuned mine by bending the mag guide slightly forward to get all my mags feeding equilly well.if you are having to push back maybe the oposite will fix yours. DR