PDA

View Full Version : HK MR556A1 Upper Receiver Kit $1895 on HKWEBSHOP

seainc
04-12-2012, 9:35 AM
Here HKWEBSHOP (http://us.hkwebshop.com/HKWebShop/show/byItemID/10116//238///////////true)

badicedog
04-12-2012, 9:43 AM
wow... I'll pass:eek:

Droppin Deuces
04-12-2012, 10:32 AM
Boy, you'd have to be a real dumb*** to buy into that racket.

:hide:

MrPlink
04-12-2012, 10:42 AM

Like the USMC?

bighead
04-12-2012, 11:06 AM
Like the USMC?

Does the USMC buy uppers at 1900?

If they do, the dumbass applies imo.

PolishMike
04-12-2012, 11:09 AM
Does the USMC buy uppers at 1900?

If they do, the dumbass applies imo.

They probably buy them at 4k lol

bighead
04-12-2012, 11:13 AM
They probably buy them at 4k lol

Who cares, it's only taxpayer money and the Fed can just print more lol.

MrPlink
04-12-2012, 11:23 AM
So gov procurement = civilian market!

I learn something new here everday!

Hope nobody has bought any of the following:

Colt, KAC, FNH, LMT, DD, Trijicon, Aimpoint, Eotech, and dont even dream of LakeCity, that is unless you have the buying power of the government!

ptoguy2002
04-12-2012, 12:04 PM
Buy quality once, cry once, and be done with it.
I guess HK doesn't hate us anymore.....

Droppin Deuces
04-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Buy quality once, cry once, and be done with it.
I guess HK doesn't hate us anymore.....

I've bought once and cried once several times now, and each time there was lower already attached to the gun.

MikeR
04-12-2012, 1:40 PM
Thats better than the $3-$4k people are asking for their used 416 uppers!

No i wont be buying one either, the Only HK i own is made by Benelli and i don't see that changing anytime soon.

nitroxdiver
04-12-2012, 1:47 PM

;-) I did. Although I bought the complete rifle to have a specimen example of a piston AR in the collection that is as close as I'm likely to get to the government issued one (416). I like it, but would take a KAC sr-15 DI upper every day of the week and twice on Sunday over the HK if I had to choose. I would prefer it more if it were 416 spec, but that was beyond my pain threshold for cost to go the 416 upper route.

It's actually not a bad price when you consider the complete rifle is north of 3k in Ca. Like I said I like it and am proud to own t and it shoots well. I just wouldn't make it my primary rifle, and it's not.

Have fun...

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
04-12-2012, 1:47 PM
Thats better than the $3-$4k people are asking for their used 416 uppers!

+1! If I had the money for this upper I would be all over it!

Best piston system on the market, with a ton of stuff that makes it superior.

HKDoc
04-12-2012, 1:50 PM
It's a sweet upper. Occasionally there are better deals on gunbroker. The other odd thing is that the hk web shop charges tax on purchases even though they are out of state....

seainc
04-12-2012, 2:10 PM
I ordered some rifle case last time and there was no tax charged.

It's a sweet upper. Occasionally there are better deals on gunbroker. The other odd thing is that the hk web shop charges tax on purchases even though they are out of state....

BucDan
04-12-2012, 2:14 PM
That's roughly the price for a sexy SR-15!

jcslone
04-12-2012, 8:15 PM
Like the USMC?

Nah, we get the Army's handmedowns lol...but MARSOC does get LWRCI's :drool5:

for the price of that upper, I can get an LWRCI M6-G...much better value and bang for the buck IMHO

pc_load_letter
04-12-2012, 8:21 PM
Heck, that price for that upper is what I paid for my LWRCI M6A2 rifle from Scottsdale Gun Club.

Nah, we get the Army's handmedowns lol...but MARSOC does get LWRCI's :drool5:

for the price of that upper, I can get an LWRCI M6-G...much better value and bang for the buck IMHO

Droppin Deuces
04-12-2012, 9:25 PM
+1! If I had the money for this upper I would be all over it!

Best piston system on the market, with a ton of stuff that makes it superior.

Superior to what? Because there's some really good stuff out there, and until there's a head-to-head comparison between the major piston players, "Best piston system on the market, with a ton of stuff that makes it superior" doesn't mean a whole lot.
I'm not saying the HK isn't good, but there has to be some real reason why they're charging $400-$900 more than other maufacturers.

NoHeavyHitter
04-12-2012, 9:29 PM
WOW! They didn't say you can't have it in Kaliforneeya. :eek:

Knight_Who_Says_Ni
04-12-2012, 9:45 PM
Superior to what? Because there's some really good stuff out there, and until there's a head-to-head comparison between the major piston players, "Best piston system on the market, with a ton of stuff that makes it superior" doesn't mean a whole lot.
I'm not saying the HK isn't good, but there has to be some real reason why they're charging $400-$900 more than other maufacturers.

It has a few items that make it superior; swagged barrel, gas port location, and buffer system. It's fit and finish is second to none, pick one up and you'll instantly realize what I'm talking about. I can't recall it off the top of my head, but the mean rounds between stoppages is amazing.

Not to mention it's being fielded by almost every top tier SOF team out there.

Massan
04-12-2012, 10:07 PM
Urgh, might as well pay a bit more for the complete rifle if thats the price of the upper. I love my HKs but man you gotta dig real hard to find decent prices for them.