View Full Version : Leupold Scope Height to Clear Fixed Front Sight?

04-12-2012, 8:13 AM
Morning Calguners,

I'm about to purchase the Leupold Mark AR Rifle Scope 6-18X 40 Mil-Dot Matte 1-inch Adjustable.

I think its a pretty good deal (of course if you have seen a better deal let me know) and Im interested in starting to do some long range shooting with my DD AR.

I have a fixed front sight and wanted some input on what height rings I would need. Ideally I'm interested in using a quick detach set up for the scope. I see that Leupold makes a set up for about $95.

Any advice and guidance on if a quick detach setup on a scope is a good or bad idea would be appreciated along with any suggestions on scope ring height.

Thanks in advance for your time and stay dry out there!

04-12-2012, 8:20 AM
If you get something like that Leupold mount, the ring height is taken care of by the mount. At 6x minimum magnification you won't even see the front sight so don't worry about it.

Black Majik
04-12-2012, 8:25 AM
At a 6x minimum magnification, you won't need to worry about the front sight blade, it wont show in your FOV. You'll need the correct height scope mount to get a proper cheek weld. Take a look at the Burris PEPR to start. Good luck.

04-12-2012, 10:52 AM
even with the mark ar 1.5-4 set at 1.5 you don't see the front sight with an AR cantilever mount.