PDA

View Full Version : Ar noon need help cleaning new AR

GLOCKINGRAT
04-12-2012, 8:08 AM
I have a new stag arms ar15 which i havnt had time to shoot but i want to clean te rifle out and clean the barrel as recommended but im a nood with ar's i have an idea of how to clean it out but alil intimadated on messing something up. Any advice or anybody near the glendale/pasadena area wiling to show me or do it for me will pay $ if needed thanks.

ch3ck5ix
04-12-2012, 8:35 AM
Congrats on the new rifle -- I'm sure BRD will kick in soon...
Here's a link to fieldstrip: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_7/456002_Field_stripping_the_AR15__massive_pics_.htm l
Here's a link for lube points: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_3_7/548967_AR15_LUBE_POINTS.html

Clean that thing and lets go shoot it! PM me, I've got a new upper and scope that needs zeroing -- maybe we can arrange to meet at Angeles Shooting Range.

Baconator
04-12-2012, 8:37 AM
Don't be worried about messing it up, the design is very simple and straightforward. Once you get it into pieces you will see.

Bhobbs
04-12-2012, 8:42 AM
ARs aren't fragile little toys, they are solid rifles. Find a good field stripping guide, oil it up, put it back together and hit the range.

Army
04-12-2012, 8:49 AM
Boresnake 2-4 times, wipe off the bolt/carrier assembly with a rag, re-lube correctly, and shoot it.

The rifle ain't no sissy gun that needs a scrubbing of all the little bitty parts. Just wipe off the gunk, and lightly lube before shooting.

Ksmash01
04-12-2012, 9:04 AM
Boresnake 2-4 times, wipe off the bolt/carrier assembly with a rag, re-lube correctly, and shoot it.

The rifle ain't no sissy gun that needs a scrubbing of all the little bitty parts. Just wipe off the gunk, and lightly lube before shooting.

So I shouldn't feel bad, because that's exactly how I clean my rifles(AR-15).

I will do a thorough strip and clean twice a year, especially on guns I don't shoot as much.

bigdawg86
04-12-2012, 9:16 AM
Is running the pins on the trigger/hammer without lube an issue? I have a piston AR so carbon fouling isn't an issue... and I am not a rambo style shooter so thousands of rounds per trip to the range NEVER happens.

EDIT: I also am running the Spike's Enahnced LPK (Nickel boron coating)