View Full Version : 10/22 BHO mod doesn't seem to work on one 10/22

04-11-2012, 7:22 PM
I bought my kids '3' 10/22's and I am making them into Liberty rifles. All three are finished. One is giving me some trouble. I modded the BHO on all three, but on one it doesn't want to release the bolt when I pull back and let go. The other two rifles are fine. The extended mag release doesn't seem to be hanging it up. Is there any testing/debugging I can do to figure this out?

04-11-2012, 7:42 PM
First things that pop in my head. Compare the "radius" on all three modded BHO's and see if one is clearly different.

Second, take the non-working BHO and put it in the working rifles to see if it's actually that piece. Then take a working one and put in the rifle that doesn't seem to be working. It will maybe eliminate one of the possibilities.

04-11-2012, 9:10 PM
Good idea. I'll do that tomorrow. That'll tell me whether it's the BHO or something else.

04-11-2012, 9:21 PM
The only time I've had them not work is when something is pinching or impeding its movement. In my case, it was the mag release. Take a close look, it if its touching at all it will impede the bolt stop. A little shave with a razorblade on the plastic mag release is all it took.

04-12-2012, 8:25 PM
It was the BHO, I didn't grind enough. Now all rifles are fine. Thanks!