PDA

View Full Version : Sniper rifle dilemma

bryan1919
04-11-2012, 6:43 PM
Hey....
Here I am of course asking the seasoned pro's...
Okay - I want sniper rifle. I love the (long - 22 - 24+ barrel) of the M1A
But... also hearing/seeing a Remington 700p or 700pss us best for sniper.
Want to keep cost under 2K ( I know with an M1A - cost will be more )

I want kinda the best of both worlds - or have my cake and icing too.
I'm thinking the M1A So I can go into combat with it (if the S.H.T.F.) and also have a good long rifle to pic off bad guys at at least 300+ meters.

Then if necessary, have to go in and "clean out" a "bad guy house" close range style with the same gun.

Thoughts and suggestions?

pat4wd
04-11-2012, 6:45 PM
:popcorn:

MrPlink
04-11-2012, 6:51 PM
First of all, good to have you back Gecko45 :ninja:

If you want a semi auto that would be regarded as a "sniper" rifle then prepare to pay big bucks for one.

Even replicating the bolt action sniper rifles in service can get really really expensive, nevermind optics.

You could probably build a pretty damn accurate AR10 (or similar 308 model) for under 2k, but this leaves you with no cash for optics.

And 300 meters? Seriously? You dont need a sniper rifle for that. I (along with many of us here) can hit man sized targets all day long at 300yards with an AK using open sights, which need I tell you is FAR FAR FAR from a "sniper" platform.

If thats your intended max range, just build an AR in 5.56 with a good SS barrel.

Im sorry, I have to say this: In your SHTF scenario you are intentionally engaging targets at 300yds? Outside of the reds invading us Im having a hard time picturing any scenario on US soil where that wouldnt just be outright murder.

:TFH:

MrPlink
04-11-2012, 6:52 PM

lol

p.s.

IBTL

berg
04-11-2012, 6:54 PM
Hey....

I'm thinking the M1A So I can go into combat with it (if the S.H.T.F.) and also have a good long rifle to pic off bad guys at at least 300+ meters.

Then if necessary, have to go in and "clean out" a "bad guy house" close range style with the same gun.

Is this a real post? :confused:

jbush
04-11-2012, 7:01 PM
I didn't know there were civilian snipers.:eek:

bryan1919
04-11-2012, 7:03 PM
I never said anything about distance (the 300 meter thing) I'm just asking if an M1A can hold it's own against a 700p or pps. AND/OR if they are in comparison to sniper rifles.

I fu••king hate it when a=holes come in here putting words in my mouth.

How damn hard is that question? F**K!!!!

MrPlink
04-11-2012, 7:04 PM
I didn't know there were civilian snipers.:eek:

http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/DC+Sniper+John+Allen+Muhammad+Executed+Virginia+gy 0y_ZzNFNvl.jpg

this guy tried it

bryan1919
04-11-2012, 7:05 PM
Lee Harvey Oswald apparently was one... big FAIL.. well no... he did his job.

bryan1919
04-11-2012, 7:10 PM
Didn't know there was civilian snipers? Hmmm. Lee Harvey Oswald was one. Not that he was "correct" in his targets - but damn at least we live in a country where we can voice an opinion with a bullet.

mwc
04-11-2012, 7:13 PM
Not sure if serious?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mJ4lc_Q9Q6k/SbqQ2scWIoI/AAAAAAAAcP0/NHNOiAbjmYU/s400/futurama_fry_looking_squint.jpg

CSACANNONEER
California DFG code ONLY allows one to use a shotgun to take snipe. If you are planning to go sniping in another state, please check their laws before you buy the wrong type of firearm.

pat4wd
thats not voicing a opinion.. that is murder.. Right wrong or somewhere in between thats is all it is.. Voicing a opinion you use your voice

TheExiled
04-11-2012, 7:14 PM

I never said anything about distance (the 300 meter thing)
I fu••king hate it when a=holes come in here putting words in my mouth

:confused:

To answer your question, I think an M1 or AR platform would suit those "needs" better than a bolt gun

pat4wd
04-11-2012, 7:19 PM
Hey....

I never said anything about distance (the 300 meter thing)!!!

Looks like you mentioned 300 meters to me..

wurger
04-11-2012, 7:19 PM
I'm confused. Is this an airsoft forum?

CSACANNONEER
04-11-2012, 7:22 PM
I never said anything about distance (the 300 meter thing) I'm just asking if an M1A can hold it's own against a 700p or pps. AND/OR if they are in comparison to sniper rifles.

Short term memory loss isn't good to have when dealing with firearms. I suggest seeing a MD about correcting your medical condition before you go shooting or handle firearms again.

Sikhawk
04-11-2012, 7:24 PM
OP, I would recommend lurking for a bit to learn some calguns etiquette.
Anyone who comes here wanting a mil/leo "sniper rifle" is going to be laughed at.
You will learn a WHOLE lot just by reading these forums everyday and doing some research instead of asking every single question that comes to mind.

Sniper3142
04-11-2012, 7:27 PM

Hey... Can I have some of that? I've got the ...
http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/miller_highlife_bottles.jpg

:)

pat4wd
04-11-2012, 7:29 PM
Hey... Can I have some of that? I've got the ...
http://sportsandeventspromotions.com.au/images/99bottlesofbeer208.gif

:)

you want extra butter??:)

2nd Shot
04-11-2012, 7:31 PM
Just based on your first two posts, it'd probably be for the best if you put the gun down and go back to playing Call of Duty. I don't think anybody here wants to advise you on picking "sniper rifles" to play Lee Harvey Oswald with. As a bonus, snapping and yelling obscenities at people you never met is not only socially acceptable, but completely normal on CoD.

The War Wagon
04-11-2012, 7:35 PM
I NEVER get in on these in time - woot-woot! :rolleyes:

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc305/The_War_Wagon/InBeforeTheLock.gif

Prc329
04-11-2012, 7:38 PM
Im sorry, I have to say this: In your SHTF scenario you are intentionally engaging targets at 300yds? Outside of the reds invading us Im having a hard time picturing any scenario on US soil where that wouldnt just be outright murder.

:TFH:

They could have used a couple of nice semi-auto precision rifle to help defend Hershel's farm.

rero360
04-11-2012, 7:42 PM
My recommendation, once you turn 17, get your parent's signature, enlist in the Army as an 11B, work real hard at physical training, field craft and marksmanship and do your best to get picked for a slot in sniper school. Then, if you are able to pass, then you will have a sniper rifle, and don't worry if its an M24, M110, M21, M90, 95, or 82 they all do the job.

p2rider426
04-11-2012, 7:43 PM
Just based on your first two posts, it'd probably be for the best if you put the gun down and go back to playing Call of Duty. I don't think anybody here wants to advise you on picking "sniper rifles" to play Lee Harvey Oswald with. As a bonus, snapping and yelling obscenities at people you never met is not only socially acceptable, but completely normal on CoD.

+1. Some people have no clue...

pat4wd
04-11-2012, 7:45 PM
They could have used a couple of nice semi-auto precision rifle to help defend Hershel's farm.

Wish we could get the no recoil versions like they have on show..:)

russ69
04-11-2012, 7:46 PM
Hey...Here I am of course asking the seasoned pro's...

OK Bryan,

A defensive rifle is different than a "sniper rifle". I have some serious doubt about a SHTF rifle because I have serious doubts about SHTF (it's only SHTF for the unprepared). What is it that you are looking for? If you want a good long range M1A you'll need about 4,000 bucks. Is that in your future?

Sniper3142
04-11-2012, 7:47 PM
I NEVER get in on these in time - woot-woot! :rolleyes:

You and me both! ;)

http://www.straferight.com/photopost/data/500/ibtl.gif

To the OP...

Your first couple of posts make you sound like someone who's not old enough or mature enough to properly handle any firearm. That is a big part of why you haven't received the "warmest" of welcomes or the answers you're looking for.

Rockit
04-11-2012, 7:49 PM
Okay - I want precision rifle. I love the (long - 22 - 24+ barrel) of the M1A

That woul'da saved you a lotta grief........

Mossy Man
04-11-2012, 7:51 PM
look at this guy's avatar....

i'm scared

pat4wd
04-11-2012, 7:52 PM
That woul'da saved you a lotta grief........

Attitude would have made a big difference too

tradecraft
04-11-2012, 7:53 PM
look at this guy's avatar....

i'm scared

Join the club - weird vibe from this one.

TreeHugger
04-11-2012, 7:54 PM
Suggestion, stop eating

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtV763Bstu9V0XjlfRkkSJa6Gr-1i5fk-EJ2LKHaZUHBTWo_wf

SgtMerc
04-11-2012, 8:04 PM
Didn't know there was civilian snipers? Hmmm. Lee Harvey Oswald was one. Not that he was "correct" in his targets - but damn at least we live in a country where we can voice an opinion with a bullet.

Actually, voicing an opinion with a bullet is a good way to get your bullets and your firearms taken away from you.

Lee Harvey Oswald was a former Marine. So you calling him a civilian is a little off the mark.

I'm not sure if you're being serious, so i'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that if you're looking for advice on a precision rifle, this is a good place to find the info, and a bad place to start slinging insults or snapping at people.

Your questions were asked in a SHTF scenario, while you're looking for something to take out "bad guys" and "clear houses". It's a little hard to take you seriously when you're treating our sport and hobby like a video game.

Lurk a bit, read some of the sticky threads (including the rules), and do a few forum searches. Precision Rifle, Long range, and Accurate would all be good search terms to start with. Or even search the rifles you are comparing.

Steelplate45
04-11-2012, 8:06 PM
My recommendation, once you turn 17, get your parent's signature, enlist in the Army as an 11B, work real hard at physical training, field craft and marksmanship and do your best to get picked for a slot in sniper school. Then, if you are able to pass, then you will have a sniper rifle, and don't worry if its an M24, M110, M21, M90, 95, or 82 they all do the job.

^ I own a precision optical rifle, and have made hits out to 900 yards. I also served in the USMC, and was platoon high rifle, and range high rifle.

However, I am NOT a Sniper, nor am I qualified to become one. It's a title that is earned by hard work, not by putting down a Mastercard for some Tacticool hardware.

The OP sounds like a clod or a troll to me.

NapaCountyShooter
04-11-2012, 8:25 PM
Guys, guys, the OP is obviously interested in long distance elephant hunting the bad guy thing was a metaphor.

CSACANNONEER
04-11-2012, 8:33 PM
Guys, guys, the OP is obviously interested in long distance elephant hunting the bad guy thing was a metaphor.

300 meters is hardly long range. The OP should relly just learn how to shoot his AR or AK at 300-400 yards instead of thinking he needs a special gun to shoot so close.

elSquid
04-11-2012, 8:34 PM

A Remington 700 with a Masterkey attachment?

-- Michael

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 8:38 PM
http://www.sparkcaster.com/demotivational/images/tactical%20facepalm.jpg

brando
04-11-2012, 8:43 PM

Best advice so far

9-12
04-11-2012, 8:47 PM
^ I own a precision optical rifle, and have made hits out to 900 yards. I also served in the USMC, and was platoon high rifle, and range high rifle.

However, I am NOT a Sniper, nor am I qualified to become one. It's a title that is earned by hard work, not by putting down a Mastercard for some Tacticool hardware.

The OP sounds like a clod or a troll to me.X2. Too many Rambo movies, too much UTube. Sniper..LOL...:facepalm:

bryan1919
Thanks to the serious folks. To the non-serious... nothing.

HK Dave
IBTL

Fjold
04-11-2012, 8:50 PM
OK, you're only into Calguns for 97 posts, just PM Kes and have him delete this account and then sign in again under a different name.

And don't start a thread about being an 18 year old bodyguard who's clients don't like for him to carry exposed in Los Angeles.

9-12
04-11-2012, 8:52 PM
Didn't know there was civilian snipers? Hmmm. Lee Harvey Oswald was one. Not that he was "correct" in his targets - but damn at least we live in a country where we can voice an opinion with a bullet.Dude, you need shock therapy...or a labotomy...or just locked up somewhere.

bryan1919
04-11-2012, 8:56 PM
Okay, so basically don't ask for advice from most of most of these *** holes...??
Chances are they are basically just old military ****s who are building their "ultimate sniper rifle" and pretty gay at it - givin' the comments I've received from most of them.
No ****in' wonder CA is such a gay *** commie state. How about a little support from one gunner to the next?

****s!!

Solid Foundation
04-11-2012, 8:56 PM
Attitude would have made a big difference too

SERIOUSLY.

You want people to treat you like an adult, I suggest you act like one.

oh yeah, IBTL!!!

D3lta58
04-11-2012, 8:58 PM
:hide::lurk5:

bryan1919
04-11-2012, 9:01 PM
Jeesh! Ya ask about a sniper rifle and you get all this crap? ****!

azthig69
04-11-2012, 9:04 PM
I (along with many of us here) can hit man sized targets all day long at 300yards with an AK using open sights...

Wow...that's very impressive.

Adam25
04-11-2012, 9:05 PM
This OP gives bell towers a bad rap

Jason P
04-11-2012, 9:08 PM
http://www.protias.com/Pictures/Ban%20Hammer/banhammer_forecast.gif

pat4wd
04-11-2012, 9:10 PM
if he is lucky maybe one day when he grows up he will see how his attitude is why people replied like they did..

bryan1919
04-11-2012, 9:11 PM
Yeah, **** it. Who need guns with friends like ya'll?
I'll become a peaceful, tree hugging liberal. **** my guns, they're in the trash now. Have fun at the revolution.

I'll be enjoying the pleasures of the "hot *****es at Fiji".

Enjoy you ****!!

pat4wd
04-11-2012, 9:13 PM
You give all the right ammo to the gun grabbing libtards.. Realize that and you will be one step further in your recovery. good luck

Kestryll
04-11-2012, 9:14 PM
Okay, so basically don't ask for advice from most of most of these *** holes...??
Chances are they are basically just old military ****s who are building their "ultimate sniper rifle" and pretty gay at it - givin' the comments I've received from most of them.
No ****in' wonder CA is such a gay *** commie state. How about a little support from one gunner to the next?

****s!!

Well this was a poorly thought out post...

Tell me Bryan, how do you think this going to work out for you?

slick_711
04-11-2012, 9:15 PM
This is my favorite kind of thread.

OP, you are either a very good troll, or a very bad gun owner. There is no such thing as a sniper rifle, there are precision rifles. "Sniper" is the term for the shooter, and is not applicable in your case.

Get a nice SPR style AR, buy a case of 69gr SMKs, and learn to shoot at various distances from 100-500 yards. Then if you feel a need to shoot further, come talk to us and we can point you in the right direction.

By the way, you'd do yourself a favor to approach your next thread with a lot more tact than you did this one.

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 9:15 PM
Yeah, **** it. Who need guns with friends like ya'll?
I'll become a peaceful, tree hugging liberal. **** my guns, they're in the trash now. Have fun at the revolution.

I'll be enjoying the pleasures of the "hot *****es at Fiji".

Enjoy you ****!!

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a216/ProDarwin/Forum/2rruvzr.jpg

SouthpawE46
04-11-2012, 9:18 PM
http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

bryan1919
04-11-2012, 9:18 PM
Very glad I live in Idaho... that's how.

Jason P
04-11-2012, 9:20 PM
I am guilty of being a bit of an ***, so to quote our current commander-in-thief, "Let me be clear"

1. Don't call it a "sniper rifle". Unless you are planning to kill people from a distance in a professional role, it will not be a sniper rifle. Maybe a "sociopath rifle" or a "precision armed assailant rifle". Ideally, just call it a "long range precision rifle" or something similar.

2. To basically rip into everyone's rectal cavity with *'ed obscenities and vitriol makes people think you are a douche and a candidate for a Columbine type event. Neither are even close to good, no one here supports anything like that, and the childish nature of those post turns people off (obviously) with freakish regularity.

3. As a younger shooter compared to some on here, I understand your passion and enthusiasm. I like a good gecko45 or SHTF thred as much or more than the next guy. But again, getting so angry and reactive to people who honestly didn't educate you first on CGN etiquette (myself included) still places you in the forum version of the "potential persons of interest" folder.

4. You are probably a nice guy who usually thinks before saying or doing something rash or stupid. Let people here see that side of you. You've got my vote...

Jason P
04-11-2012, 9:22 PM
dupe

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 9:22 PM

I don't recall an Orange County in Idaho
http://www.idaho.gov/aboutidaho/county/index.html

That also doesn't really answer the question either.

9-12
04-11-2012, 9:25 PM

****s!!

First this:

Hey....

You get your answers, then this:

With your attitude and mentality I'd no more help you acquire a firearm than I would a four year old.

Your whole premise wreaks of immaturity and senastionalism, like this is some sort ov video game or something. Maybe you should stick to paintball.

Jason P
04-11-2012, 9:26 PM
Tell me Bryan, how do you think this going to work out for you?

I laughed so hard at this one I may have peed a little...

Kevin S
04-11-2012, 9:27 PM
OP,
To maybe help explain things a bit as to why you've received many negative responses, please consider the following;
- if you look through many of the threads here; you'll notice most folks asking questions take a professional, respectful tone. Not that you meant any disrespect in your post, but you used a tone and language that is usually used by 'trolls' or 'griefers'.
- remember, many of the folks responding have heard these questions many times; and may be trying to let you know (none too gently) that a quick search may provide you a better basis for more well-informed questions you could ask.
- Many of the posters here are quite a bit older than (I'm assuming) you are. As such, they (we) expect a level of discourse common to folks who may be closer to your parents' age. As such, insults, cursing, etc may not be taken as lightly as you're used to.

Anyway, some thoughts you can consider or not as is your right. Just wanted to help explain a bit as to why you may feel you've been jumped on in this thread.

Btw; the Lee Harvey Oswald comment (in my opinion) was completely uncalled for. Please don't intentionally throw inflammatory statements out there, and expect people to not call you on them.

SouthpawE46
04-11-2012, 9:28 PM
I like CGN already.

Kestryll
04-11-2012, 9:28 PM

Well then, I hope you post in a more mature manner on 'Idahoguns' then you did here.

Goodbye.

9-12
04-11-2012, 9:29 PM
4. You are probably a nice guy who usually thinks before saying or doing something rash or stupid. Let people here see that side of you. You've got my vote...Foolish assumption given the responses. If he thought about what he was going to say before he siad it, we wouldn't be having this conversaton. What he has said, repeatedly, was rash and stupid.

bryan1919
04-11-2012, 9:30 PM
Thanks Jason, that's all I thought I was asking.
I'm not into the whole "sociopath rifle" thing. It appears most here want me to be (or be to "young") for the sake of fun.
I'm just asking a legit question about "sniper" rifles. If that's wrong then let's call them "hunting" rifles. I love the M1A, but it's not as cheap as the Remington 700p or 700pss.
I thought I was just asking the difference about these and peoples expertise and I started getting slammed on about it.
Perhaps I used a poor choice of words using "sniper" I don't know. I just wanted peoples opinions about a good accurate gun at 500+ yards.

cabinetguy
04-11-2012, 9:32 PM

****s!!

im not a gunner, nor a sniper. perhaps gun enthusiast.
aside from that, give the asterisk a break if you want to be treated seriously

Velio
04-11-2012, 9:33 PM
Bryan, you really need to learn how to lighten up brotha. Attacking people like that isn't going to get you anywhere.

At any rate, the problem stems from the fact that you want a long range precision rifle to be able to do the job of a shotgun/CQB weapon. Two different weapon classes, not going to happen with just one unless you want to spend a LOT of money. Moreso than 2k, that is. An M1A might be able to handle it, but a 24 inch barrel on it isn't going to be conducive for CQB. Your best bet would be a long range rifle, and then some sort of CQB weapon, be it a shotgun or a battle rifle.

Velio
04-11-2012, 9:33 PM
Double post, sorry

Juice5610
04-11-2012, 9:34 PM
TOO. MUCH. WIN.....

:rofl2:

pat4wd
04-11-2012, 9:35 PM
I see a lot of back pedaling here.. That does not correct the things said and the attitude used.. See the pattern and that will help in your recovery as well..

MrPlink
04-11-2012, 9:36 PM
A Remington 700 with a Masterkey attachment?

-- Michael

somebody call Red Jacket!

Call it the Remy 1570!
(700 + 870)

9-12
04-11-2012, 9:38 PM

I'm sorry, but I'm still just flabbergasted by this comment.
If someone is watching this site, and making a "watch" list, I hope they just put you at the top.
Sorry if I'm being a litlte outspoken here, but the whole demeanor of this guy's comments scream warning. If no one else sees it, at least I said my piece.
out.

emy
04-11-2012, 9:39 PM
OP, playing too much video game

K57
04-11-2012, 9:40 PM
Fixed the first part for you pal

Hey....
Here I am clueless as hell and of course asking the the wrong question to the wrong community before doing my homework on this subject...

DirtRacer151
somebody call Red Jacket!

Call it the Remy 1570!
(700 + 870)

LMFAO

leoffensive
IBTL?

Bhobbs
04-11-2012, 9:42 PM
Give any rifle to an actual sniper and it will be a sniper rifle. If you want a precision rifle then you have come to the right place to ask. There are plenty of different opinions on what a "precision" rifle is and what isn't. To some anything other than a purpose built bolt action rifle isn't a precision rifle. To others, any rifle that has some kind of accurizing work is a precision rifle. For most shooters, a solid rifle and good sights, optical or iron, will do fine. Until you can actually out shoot a semi auto or factory rifle, you won't need a full blown custom rifle. When you notice your rifle is the weak link in your shooting, then look into a custom rifle. There are plenty of options to fit what you want.

repubconserv
04-11-2012, 9:42 PM
This thread is not quite epic yet... but it's getting there.

IBTL/B

jben
04-11-2012, 9:46 PM
I've never played this game before...but IBTB!

repubconserv
04-11-2012, 9:55 PM
awwwww, he got banned.... and before anything really good happened :(

gesundheit
04-11-2012, 9:57 PM
This thread is not quite epic yet... but it's getting there.

IBTL/B

I think the OP has been banned already. Sometimes I feel as if Internet forums act as surrogate parents to these unruly kids whose parents never taught them how to behave around adults :|

NoNOS67
04-11-2012, 9:59 PM
Is it really over? :(

tacticalcity
04-11-2012, 10:02 PM
Phrasing was a little on the immature side of things. That's why they came after you.

You'll get more credit referring to it, and thinking of it, as a "precission rifle" instead of a sniper rifle. A precission rifle is all about, you guessed it, precission. Getting the most accuracy as you can at very long distances.

Plus, you're not really likely to go into combat unless you are a private military contractor, but if you were...you wouldn't need our advice and would be using more professional terms.

All that said, many of the guys that gave you grief still would have been foolish enough to give you grief even if you did use the correct terms and realistic scenerios and actually were a private military contractor - seen them do it before. They like to cause static and call people names.

In answer to your question...

No gun does it all. What you want does not exist. If you try and build a gun that does all things, you will end up with a gun that does none of them well. Your father was absolutely correct when he told you that you need the right tool for the right job. A rifle is just another tool in the tool box. So you will need to pick a task, and then build a rifle for that task. Then pick another task and build a rifle for that task.

Since you are interested in their military and law enforcement roles, lets talk about them in those terms...

The M1A is an excellent mid range precission rifle when equiped with some of the higher end national match features, and a pretty good main battle rifle (fighting in open fields and at distances where you almost have to squit to see the enemy) when fitted with the standard features. It will never have the accuracy of a high-end bolt action rifle, but you gain some speed from it being semi-automatic and that turned out to be a major plus for our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan...where it has been brought back into service big time. It is a very nice rifle. Not the most accurate precision rifle, and not the fastest "practical rifle" however. Back to the "no gun does all things" thing again.

For a run and gun rifle, none of the guns you mentioned do very well. For example, you would not want to have to clear a building with an M1A, scoped or otherwise. It's too long, too overpowered, and a little slow to swap out magazines and manipulate the manual of arms. A carbine length or shorter AR15 is much more suited to that roll. It is much faster to use thanks to the lower recoil and more ergonomic controls, and gets around corners and hallways better thanks to its shorter length. It is also much, much lighter which comes in pretty handy when running for your life between cover as well. The M1A is a very heavy beast indeed. Not a problem for a precision rifle, as that is expected. A pretty big problem for a run and gun rifle. The AR15 in general is a little more practical in an urban enviorment, especially the shorter 16 inch carbine version. Which is why law enforcement issues them to patrol officers and SWAT teams alike. You might see an M1A on a SWAT team, but that will be the sharp shooter and not an entry team guy.

As a civilian, the good news is you can own whatever the heck you like, so long as it complies with local, state and federal law. How it works for law enforcement, or the military is not really a limiting factor for you. Unless you plan to spend your weekends doing some training with a school that teaches law enforcement style "defensive" shooting to civilians (which I personally do enjoy). In which case you should research the course you plan to take and build the rifle according to what is most recommended for the course...and not what you think is really cool without actually having any training yet. Don't email them and say, "Can I use an M1A in this course." They are going to tell you yes even if it is the worst rifle in the world to use in that course. Why? They want you to attend so they can get paid. Instead, ask them "what type of rifle do you recommend most for this course"...then they will give you an honest answer.

ArmyInfidel
04-11-2012, 10:03 PM
Hey! I understand where you were going with the 11b recommendation... BUT PLEASE!!!! We have enough retards in uniform, I don't want to work with any more than I have to! Lol

And btw, the red jacket 1570 thing... Pretty freakin funny!

Good luck and Good riddance!

Give me Liberty or give me death!

My build thread.... http://totalruckus.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=64161

TreeHugger
04-11-2012, 10:04 PM
I think the OP has been banned already. Sometimes I feel as if Internet forums act as surrogate parents to these unruly kids whose parents never taught them how to behave around adults :|

Glad I'm not the only old fart on this forum :)

Mr Bryan should go in voluntarily for a 5150.

r8dr rider
04-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Oh snaps am I too late!

m03
04-11-2012, 10:13 PM
..."precission rifle" ... precission rifle ... precission ... precission rifle ...

In fact, it's so precise, that it has an extra "S" :)

marathonman
04-11-2012, 10:16 PM
To the OP...too much Call of Doodie

IBTL!

HUTCH 7.62
04-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Jeesh! Ya ask about a sniper rifle and you get all this crap? ****!

Ask about a shotty some day;)

BTW surprised this thread has not been locked out

Sniper3142
04-11-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm still just flabbergasted by this comment.
If someone is watching this site, and making a "watch" list, I hope they just put you at the top.
Sorry if I'm being a litlte outspoken here, but the whole demeanor of this guy's comments scream warning. If no one else sees it, at least I said my piece.
out.

+1!

While I really HOPE the OP was just a person with little knowledge and poor impulse control, much of what he said worries me. :(

tacticalcity
In fact, it's so precise, that it has an extra "S" :)

Yes because at 10:13pm and already 5 beers into my evening relaxation what I really need is some jerk to point out to the world that I am dyslexic.

Dial back the jerk-o-meter bub! I'm at least being nice to the new guy. You're just acting out for acting out sake.

K57
Phrasing was a little on the immature side of things. That's why they came after you.

You'll get more credit referring to it, and thinking of it, as a "precission rifle" instead of a sniper rifle. A precission rifle is all about, you guessed it, precission. Getting the most accuracy as you can at very long distances.

Plus, you're not really likely to go into combat unless you are a private military contractor, but if you were...you wouldn't need our advice and would be using more professional terms.

All that said, many of the guys that gave you grief still would have been foolish enough to give you grief even if you did use the correct terms and realistic scenerios and actually were a private military contractor - seen them do it before. They like to cause static call people names.

In answer to your question...

No gun does it all. What you want does not exist. If you try and build a gun that does all things, you will end up with a gun that does none of them well.

Your father was absolutely correct when he told you that you need the right tool for the right job. A rifle is just another tool in the tool box.

So you will need to pick a task, and then build a rifle for that task. Then pick another task and build a rifle for that task.

The M1A is an excellent mid range precission rifle when equiped with some of the higher end national match features, and a pretty good main battle rifle (fighting in open fields and at distances where you almost have to squit to see the enemy) when fitted with the standard features. It will never have the accuracy of a high-end bolt action rifle, but you gain some speed from it being semi-automatic and that turned out to be a major plus for our troops in Iraq and Afghanistan...where it has been brought back into service big time. It is a very nice rifle. Not the most accurate precision rifle, and not the fastest "practical rifle" however. Back to the "no gun does all things" thing again.

For a run and gun rifle, none of the guns you mentioned do very well. For example, you would not want to have to clear a building with an M1A, scoped or otherwise. It's too long, too overpowered, and a little slow to swap out magazines and manipulate the manual of arms. A carbine length or shorter AR15 is much more suited to that roll. It is much faster to use thanks to the lower recoil and more ergonomic controls, and gets around corners and hallways better thanks to its shorter length. It is also much, much lighter which comes in pretty handy when running for your life between cover as well. The M1A is a very heavy beast indeed. Not a problem for a precision rifle, as that is expected. A pretty big problem for a run and gun rifle. The AR15 in general is a little more practical in an urban enviorment, especially the shorter 16 carbine version. Which is why law enforcement issues them to patrol officers and SWAT teams alike. You might see an M1A on a SWAT team, but that will be the sharp shooter and not an entry team guy.

As a civilian, the good news is you can own whatever the heck you like, so long as it complies with local, state and federal law. How it works for law enforcement, or the military is not really a limiting factor for you. Unless you plan to spend your weekends doing some training with a school that teaches law enforcement style "defensive" shooting to civilians (which I personally do enjoy). In which case you should research the course you plan to take and build the rifle according to what is most recommended for the course...and not what you think is really cool without actually having any training yet. Don't email them and say, "Can I use an M1A in this course." They are going to tell you yes even if it is the worst rifle in the world to use in that course. Why? They want you to attend so they can get paid. Instead, ask them "what type of rifle do you recommend most for this course"...then they will give you an honest answer.

I pictured that and I literally :rofl2:

MrPlink
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
just in case this issue pops up again for anybody I "invented" this. As you can tell by the optic set up it is appropriate for CQB or mall range sniping (300yds max)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f158/natehectic/myweapon.jpg

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 10:28 PM
just in case this issue pops up again for anybody I "invented" this. As you can tell by the optic set up it is appropriate for CQB or mall range sniping (300yds max)

Where do I put the bayonet :confused:

mif_slim
04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
Not locked yet?!

IBTL!!!

mif_slim
04-11-2012, 10:43 PM
Nevermind..it died out right when it was gonna get fun...I only read 1,3 page... :(

p2rider426
04-11-2012, 11:01 PM
TOO. MUCH. WIN.....

:rofl2:

My thoughts exactly

Wicked K5
04-11-2012, 11:08 PM
I failed on IBTB. But got IBTL
I was too busy watching "sniper rifles" on Top Guns

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

repubconserv
04-11-2012, 11:43 PM
Yes because at 10:13pm and already 5 beers into my evening relaxation what I really need is some jerk to point out to the world that I am dyslexic.

Dial back the jerk-o-meter bub! I'm at least being nice to the new guy. You're just acting out for acting out sake.

I think that was one beer too many if you can't handle a little friendly ribbing

tacticalcity
04-11-2012, 11:45 PM
Wasn't friendly ribbing.

MrPlink
04-11-2012, 11:50 PM

:facepalm:
back to the drawing board

(somebody serious lock this)

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 11:59 PM
Wasn't friendly ribbing.

http://rumpkefamilycookbook.com/wp-content/uploads/baby-back-ribs.jpg

Happy now?

killshot44
04-12-2012, 12:06 AM
Like many good things, it ended too soon.

I expected more TrollFace/UmadBros, a GIF or two and then at least two of OPs on-his-knees-I'm-sorry posts showing just how those oh-so-strong "opinions" weren't really true "beliefs" but just the sad utterances of a poor little nobody in nowhere.

Now I'm all sadface. Glasses hide my tears :cool2:

comblock
04-12-2012, 12:18 AM
Im in!!!

Merc1138
04-12-2012, 12:21 AM
Like many good things, it ended too soon.

I expected more TrollFace/UmadBros, a GIF or two and then at least two of OPs on-his-knees-I'm-sorry posts showing just how those oh-so-strong "opinions" weren't really true "beliefs" but just the sad utterances of a poor little nobody in nowhere.

Now I'm all sadface. Glasses hide my tears :cool2:

You need ribs now too?

AeroEngi
04-12-2012, 1:24 AM
Ah man, late to the party again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

strongpoint
04-12-2012, 2:08 AM

no AFG?

Pell
04-12-2012, 2:49 AM
From my experience with the UNSC, the M6D would be the weapon of choice for both sniping and house clearing. The 12.7x40mm ammo was readily available, and never cost much. This was several years ago (2001-2002), and I'm pretty sure there are better alternatives available.

Click me for more info on the M6D (http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/M6D_Personal_Defense_Weapon_System)

BASE45
04-12-2012, 3:25 AM
http://www.sparkcaster.com/demotivational/images/tactical%20facepalm.jpg

HAHAHAAH I died from that:hurray::hurray:

OP The seasoned pros(me not being one of them[a pro]) would have helped but you definitely lost some brownie points with he "voicing an opinion w/ a bullet" post.

I got some good laughs outta this thread tho.:rolleyes:

Arkangel
04-12-2012, 8:37 AM

Don't feel bad, you aren't alone. I always miss these.

HK Dave
04-12-2012, 8:49 AM
This thread could have been SO EPIC. :(

m03
04-12-2012, 8:49 AM
I think that was one beer too many if you can't handle a little friendly ribbing

This.

Or should I say "thiss" :)

Wasn't friendly ribbing.

Yeah, it was. The comedy was in the fact that the word "precise" had been misspelled the exact same way multiple times. You could say that it was precisely misspelled!

That's just plain funny.

9-12
04-12-2012, 9:10 AM
This.

Or should I say "thiss" :)

Yeah, it was. The comedy was in the fact that the word "precise" had been misspelled the exact same way multiple times. You could say that it was precisely misspelled!

That's just plain funny.
LOL...the comedy was that he felt the need to write out that long drawn-out boring monologue after the OP was banned.:cool:

winnre
04-12-2012, 9:14 AM
My wife is from Scotland. She wants a sniper rifle for the best reason ever:

This is AMERICA and she CAN!

winnre
04-12-2012, 9:17 AM

Missing:
-Green dot laser
-Mount for M203
-Bullet button
-flashlight mount (for close quarters)

bigdawg86
04-12-2012, 9:20 AM
I think this post should have it's own sticky... right under the Calgun mods are jealous "because i bang high profile girls" thread. :stupid:

glockman19
04-12-2012, 9:24 AM
So...OP, Troll was banned...:troll:

...Why is this thread still open? :confused: :rolleyes:

m03
04-12-2012, 9:31 AM
So...OP, Troll was banned...:troll:

...Why is this thread still open? :confused: :rolleyes:

To allow us to find more reasons to get mad at each other.

Also to dissuade people from applying the term "sniper" to things that it shouldn't be applied to.

marathonman
04-12-2012, 9:43 AM

Happy now?

Do you think the cow where these ribs came from met its demise through

a) long range sniper rifle
b) being in a "bad cow house" and being "cleaned out?"

winnre
04-12-2012, 9:46 AM
If you can shoot a snipe, you are a sniper.

http://www.north-india.in/images/birds/rajiv/common_snipe.jpg

Merc1138
04-12-2012, 9:51 AM
Do you think the cow where these ribs came from met its demise through

a) long range sniper rifle
b) being in a "bad cow house" and being "cleaned out?"

Why that would be horrible if a cow died so someone could cook up some pork baby back ribs

:p

(those are a little small to be beef ribs, or that's a record for having such a large ear of corn, large bulb of garlic, and large peppers all in the same picture)

winnre
04-12-2012, 9:55 AM
http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lhfg13uPnc1qeslsuo1_500.jpg

gesundheit
04-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Missing:
-Green dot laser
-Mount for M203
-Bullet button

What about drum magazine for when you need to have 100 rounds on the weapon.

marathonman
04-12-2012, 10:00 AM
Why that would be horrible if a cow died so someone could cook up some pork baby back ribs

:p

(those are a little small to be beef ribs, or that's a record for having such a large ear of corn, large bulb of garlic, and large peppers all in the same picture)

Well, there are "bad pig houses" that need to be cleared out too. Or maybe we should say "bad pig stys" that have to be cleared out.:)

Merc1138
04-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Well, there are "bad pig houses" that need to be cleared out too. Or maybe we should say "bad pig stys" that have to be cleared out.:)

CQBBQ?

winnre
04-12-2012, 10:07 AM
What about drum magazine for when you need to have 100 rounds on the weapon.

Optional belt fed upper.

Outta Control
04-12-2012, 10:46 AM

Where is the IR and Tacti-Kewl Light attachment.

Capybara
04-12-2012, 12:16 PM
The sad part is, we desperately need young shooters in order for our sport/passion/hobby to continue. We just don't need young shooters with this mindset. I look at him as "one we lost" (through no fault of our own), although it was nice to see some of you try to clue the guy in on what was happening.

A guy with that mindset would last about :15 in actual combat. I watched a History Channel special on Snipers the other night, my brother in law was a Sniper and served in Afghanistan and is now a SWAT Sniper in Ga. I have nothing but admiration and respect for the guys who really do this, their professionalism, intelligence and code of conduct are nothing short of astonishing, they are true heroes with the amount of lives that they save. Most seem to be very humble, thoughtful guys too.

Sniper3142
04-12-2012, 12:24 PM

Best Response EVER!!!

:D

winnre
04-12-2012, 12:25 PM
I'll wait for the wanna-be .22LR version with fake suppressor.

MrPlink
04-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Missing:
-Green dot laser
-Mount for M203
-Bullet button

Well it is a bolt action, so no mag lock needed. Besides, I prefer Raddlocks.
Will take into accouny other suggestions when I move onto "mod 1"

winnre
04-12-2012, 12:32 PM
First for pre-order!

Merc1138
04-12-2012, 12:33 PM
First for pre-order!

I'm not ordering till it can shoot heat seeking tracer rounds that cook my meal as I shoot it.

HK Dave
04-12-2012, 12:41 PM
I think this post should have it's own sticky... right under the Calgun mods are jealous "because i bang high profile girls" thread. :stupid:

That one was truly EPIC. This one failed in comparison.... still funny though. HAHA

winnre
04-12-2012, 1:00 PM
It needs rails too. Everywhere.

chicoredneck
04-12-2012, 1:07 PM

Happy now?

Those look good. How about a whole smoking rack full of them?
http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g389/chicoredneck/bbq-tank-smoker-ribs.jpg
Anybody Else Hungry!

jereme
04-12-2012, 1:54 PM
Thanks for a great topic. After a long day of work it put a smile on my face.

defcon
04-12-2012, 2:38 PM
I'll wait for the wanna-be .22LR version with fake suppressor.

you mean this .22LR M200?

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7058/6879912748_1ddff16ca8_b.jpg
wfrpX4N7gEw

OutkastSL
04-12-2012, 2:54 PM
I can't believe I missed this. So funny!

Merc1138
04-12-2012, 2:54 PM

wfrpX4N7gEw

Still no bayonet.

MrPlink
04-12-2012, 3:10 PM
ok, here is the latest update.

Most modifications were made under the advice of real operators (calgunners)

Most changes should be pretty evident, starting with the forward rail cluster incorporating a PEQ15, flashlight, and 203. The magazine capacity has been increased to 21rounds (game changer, but not available in Ca) and all appropriate furniture has been replaced by magpul parts.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f158/natehectic/myweapon1.jpg

I should also add that if your reach is anything under 93inches you can forget about using all the foward mounted mission essential equipment.

strongpoint
04-12-2012, 3:15 PM
for. the. win.

Merc1138
04-12-2012, 3:22 PM
ok, here is the latest update.

Most modifications were made under the advice of real operators (calgunners)

Most changes should be pretty evident, starting with the forward rail cluster incorporating a PEQ15, flashlight, and 203. The magazine capacity has been increased to 21rounds (game changer, but not available in Ca) and all appropriate furniture has been replaced by magpul parts.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f158/natehectic/myweapon1.jpg

I should also add that if your reach is anything under 93inches you can forget about using all the foward mounted mission essential equipment.

Still missing a masterkey(has the rail space for it) for door breaching.

MrPlink
04-12-2012, 3:25 PM
Still missing a masterkey(has the rail space for it) for door breaching.

when this model ships it will include (for free) a 12ga insert for the 203.

On the next revision I will incorporate a semi-auto mag fed master key (another game changer) I am just waiting for red jacket to ship them out (apparently inventing things that have already been invented takes a lot of time)

strongpoint
04-12-2012, 3:33 PM
I am just waiting for red jacket to ship them out (apparently inventing things that have already been invented takes a lot of time)

whaddaya mean? that's nevva been done befo'!

how long before the shrike belt-feed conversion is available?

AeroEngi
04-12-2012, 3:41 PM
Don't feel bad, you aren't alone. I always miss these.

Haha...good to know man.

MrPlink
04-12-2012, 3:41 PM
whaddaya mean? that's nevva been done befo'!

how long before the shrike belt-feed conversion is available?

I'll get on it as soon as OP in un-banned, Im going to have him head up my field RnD on that one.

belt fed bolt actions are def game changers.

30Bry
04-12-2012, 4:43 PM
Sounds like I'm banned forever...
Sorry for the "beer induced" post.
Anyway, at least everyone seemed to get a laugh out of it.

(Although I would like to be "unbanned" but whatever).

gesundheit
04-12-2012, 4:47 PM

Welcome back, Bryan (If you are Bryan1919 under a new name)

P.S. If you can post, that is an indication that you are not banned.

Dantedamean
04-12-2012, 5:10 PM
http://http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/SIG716-Prec-Marksman.jpg

The sig 716

"Familiar Handling, Unfamiliar Power, SIG SAUER® has taken the proven features of the SIG516™ and applied them into a potent AR-based rifle chambered in 7.62 x 51mm. Utilizing the short stroke pushrod operating system, an M1913 Mil-Std rail, free-floating barrel, aluminum quad rail forend, telescoping stock, and Magpul® PMAG®, the SIG716 is the rifle of choice when you require the power of a larger caliber
carbine." (description taken for sig site )

Ive owned a sig 516 for about a year now. amazing rifle. Its clean, it shoots straighter than I can, and its extremely reliable. Ive never had a malfunction. the 516 shoots a 5.56/.223, if all you want to do is target shooting this bullet works fine and you get a standard lower. The 716 shoots the 762x51/.308, this is good for hunting and I believe it comes with a AR-10 lower ( don't know for sure )

anyways thats my opinion. something to look into.

glockman19
04-12-2012, 5:12 PM

So Long, Farewell, auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye...:punk:

30Bry
04-12-2012, 5:14 PM
Can't log in as bryan1919, so changed my name.

The War Wagon
04-12-2012, 5:45 PM
Oh snaps am I too late!

This thread could have been SO EPIC. :(

I can't believe I missed this. So funny!

24 hours later, and it's not too late - we're playing some SERIOUS 'kick-the-troll' here, and look what pops in for our pleasure! :rolleyes:

Fjold
04-12-2012, 5:46 PM
I was more than willing to overlook the wording of the original post, it was your response (below) that tripped most people's triggers.

You are the one that brought up the 300 Meter comment in your original post and then came off like an immature psychopath.

AeroEngi
04-12-2012, 5:49 PM
24 hours later, and it's not too late - we're playing some SERIOUS 'kick-the-troll' here, and look what pops in for our pleasure! :rolleyes:

Haha yes!!! The fun continues...

CSACANNONEER
04-12-2012, 5:53 PM

A prime example of why 17 year olds shouldn't be drinking.:p

Bhobbs
04-12-2012, 6:03 PM

wfrpX4N7gEw

Looks like the action slides back under recoil.

MrPlink
04-12-2012, 6:11 PM

you should probably talk to Kes before you start posting again under schill accounts.

p.s. when I can get you to field test my latest design?
Mall security guards everywhere are DYING to get their hands on this hardware.

defcon
04-12-2012, 6:38 PM
Looks like the action slides back under recoil.

ya i need to fix it

SgtMerc
04-12-2012, 7:43 PM

remember when i posted the following?

Lurk a bit, read some of the sticky threads (including the rules), and do a few forum searches.

Included in the sticky rules thread is the following:

These are the rules we all agreed to when we joined this forum, they still apply today.
As some of you have noticed Admin is restructuring the Forum to be more in line with it's beginnings, as a discussion group to share ideas and info in a polite and friendly enviroment. in keeping with that I am posting a simple reminder of the rules.

By registering on calguns.net you are agreeing to abide by the following:
a)Please stay on topic in all forums.
b)No multiple registrations.
c)No spamming(solicitation of goods unrelated to calguns.net that are
unwanted by users), trolling,flaming or other personal attacks. You may
disagree with other posters but please keep it clean and civil.
d)No profanity or otherwise uncivilized behavior.
e)Calguns.net reserves the right at our discretion to lock or delete posts
and ban members. At most you will get one chance.
f)No posting information that can be construed to be illegal, firearm
related or not.
g)Calguns.net administrators,moderators are gun enthusiasts who offer
individual opinions only. Opinions on this site can never take the place of
firearms training and real expertise. We do not teach proficiency in regards
to firearms use,reloading ammunition, gunsmithing or firearms modification.
Proceed solely at your own risk.

You were warned upon registration, warned a second time, and are probably going to do it again and create a new identity to complain about how unfairly you've been treated.

LURK MORE. READ STICKY THREADS. DON'T BE A JERK.

Ding126
04-12-2012, 8:28 PM
This post is creeeeepy. The OP has made some strange statements.

Don't you have to be at least 18 to register here?

MrPlink
04-12-2012, 9:12 PM
I figured calguns would just ban his IP

freonr22
04-12-2012, 9:17 PM
When people are telling him to lurk and read more, doesn't any notice he's been a member since 2007? Me thinks kestryll is gaming us. He knew we needed a new thread like this. Thanks Kest!

Merc1138
04-12-2012, 9:25 PM
When people are telling him to lurk and read more, doesn't any notice he's been a member since 2007? Me thinks kestryll is gaming us. He knew we needed a new thread like this. Thanks Kest!

I dunno...

No mention of "Kestroll" or high profile chicks so far.

But we did get a .22lr M200, concept design work for a CQB M200, a few racks of ribs, beer, Fry from Futurama, tactical facepalming, and random meme .gifs, so that's pretty good. Still need to work in Spiderman and Hitler somehow.

jcslone
04-12-2012, 9:56 PM
http://www.spidermeme.com/image/1331-look-at-him-look-at-him-and-laugh-60s-spiderman.jpg

NYY
04-12-2012, 10:17 PM
ah god how did this get 5 pages long....

Turbinator
04-13-2012, 12:03 PM

Uh, yeah, there's a reason why you can't log in.. I checked and you are BANNED. Just as your new account will be.

Turby

r8dr rider
04-13-2012, 12:15 PM
This thread is still active but my "Poop with guns" was deleted? I neva

AeroEngi
04-13-2012, 12:21 PM

Lol

winnre
04-13-2012, 12:23 PM
You don't ban by IP?

repubconserv
04-13-2012, 12:28 PM
You don't ban by IP?

Easy enough to change your ip

Saym14
04-13-2012, 1:00 PM
GAP AR 10

SID45
04-13-2012, 1:18 PM
DRUGSTORE COMMANDO!

phamkl
04-13-2012, 1:50 PM
Seems pretty old to me by now. Let's just let this guy start over here and maybe learn and contribute.

HK Dave
04-13-2012, 1:57 PM
AND HES BACK!!!

AND HES BANNED AGAIN!!!

ROFL this is awesome.

I wonder how long Diesel is banned for? hehe

Merc1138
04-13-2012, 2:41 PM

This thread?
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=559269

Doesn't look deleted to me. If you haven't seen that it's a few pages long now, you've been missing out!

MrPlink
04-13-2012, 2:42 PM
what kind of zombie thread is this?

We killed the head (twice!) and it still wont die!

(partially my fault for continuing to post in it)

I wonder how long Diesel is banned for? hehe

He got banned? My blowhard meter hasnt been tripped in a while...

NapaCountyShooter
04-13-2012, 6:10 PM
http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/xx208/JEdwards80/demotivational-posters-facetile.jpg

Awesomeness

HK Dave
04-17-2012, 3:07 PM

He got banned? My blowhard meter hasnt been tripped in a while...

It certainly has been more peaceful since Diesel got banned from centerfire.

bomb_on_bus
04-17-2012, 5:23 PM
How this thread or the countless Treyvon/Zimmerman threads still alive is beyond me.