PDA

View Full Version : Guns fishing and other stuff.

DemocracyEnaction
04-11-2012, 1:25 PM
Visited this store in Vacaville. Great selection courteous staff check it out.
I give it five stars.:)

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=guns%20fishing%20and%20other%20stuff&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gunsfishing.com%2F&ei=tueFT5iOK4jTiALh2ZGNDg&usg=AFQjCNEjZjQTLAAPtHHp6qbqI9HdJWRYXg

MrPlink
04-11-2012, 1:33 PM
Staff is fifty fifty. Some are nice, some are rude and fudsters.
When I lived closer I went there a few times to shoot.

DemocracyEnaction
04-11-2012, 1:38 PM
I didn't investigate the range how is it?

tonyxcom
04-11-2012, 1:38 PM
I've bought some fishing stuff there and use the range quite often. It's a great place to pay retail or above, if that's your thing.

The range hardware itself is a bit nicer than Center Mass, but there is no air-con and it gets hot as balls down there. So when it gets hot, Center Mass is more desirable. But at Center Mass the targets are on a lighter weight paper and the ventilation tends to blow them a bit, and the target carriers will bounce around on the cables for a bit after sending them down.

Purple K
04-11-2012, 7:44 PM
Guns, Fishing and other stuff are overpriced perveyors of FUD.

tygerpaw
04-11-2012, 8:22 PM
I literally live five minutes from the place and only buy reloading stuff there because its more convenient sometimes than ordering on-line. As others have said, staff is 50-50. I check out the consignment rack from time to time, just to see what they've got. I saw a chrome plated 1903 Springfield, with no rear sight that they wanted $ 1,500.00 for!

The range is really nice and they have some nice guns to rent. But I hate shooting indoors and don't like the thought of having one of my lane neighbors blowing their brains out while I'm there (which as far as I know has only happened once, but still bugs me).

Its a really nice store. If the staff were more courteous and prices a little better, I would frequent it a lot.

NapaCountyShooter
04-11-2012, 8:29 PM
I just go there to giggle at the handgun prices.

killshot44
04-11-2012, 8:36 PM
I'll give them a little credit, they've tried to move with the changes; more black rifles and parts but they are terribly overpriced on some things. Ridonkulously so on glass...But they DO have RCBS reloading dies, some misc parts and they run classes for beginners.

However, they do have a couple of really well-intentioned managers and I think it shows I their service. (Of course they do have some dead wood that should have gone long ago. I'm lookin' at you, White Hair, in the new rifles section)...Did you know you can negotiate price with the managers and Bill, the owner? I have. Seems kind of expected. you want to pay full retail and never even ask? I'm sure they don't mind.

I swear I'm not pimpin', but they're having a whopper of a storewide sale this weekend. And no sales taxes. http://www.gunsfishing.com/ads/04-2012_tax_free1_lg.jpg

Bigtwin
04-11-2012, 8:48 PM
I literally live five minutes from the place and only buy reloading stuff there because its more convenient sometimes than ordering on-line. As others have said, staff is 50-50. I check out the consignment rack from time to time, just to see what they've got. I saw a chrome plated 1903 Springfield, with no rear sight that they wanted $ 1,500.00 for!

The range is really nice and they have some nice guns to rent. But I hate shooting indoors and don't like the thought of having one of my lane neighbors blowing their brains out while I'm there (which as far as I know has only happened once, but still bugs me).

Its a really nice store. If the staff were more courteous and prices a little better, I would frequent it a lot.

That said....I too spend more $ in the basement. As far as gun prices some are over msrp and some I have found under....I purchased accoringly! As far as temp. in the summer both indoor ranges are about the same for temp....I know, I have been to both in August at 103 outside.

The FUD part...well...yes it happens, at most gun stores. I would not rate GFOS any higher than most you walk into. Never has it happened to me, nor have I been treated poorly there.

Oh and Tygerpaw, The self inflicted wounds has happened at Center mass indoor range too, more times than I care to state. Sucks to be the fact of life indoor or outdoor range. Hell they even closed down for a while due to a black powder explosion a couple weeks back.
I wish no ill will to either store and enjoy both.

J_Rock
04-11-2012, 8:53 PM
Quite possibly one of the worst gun shops Ive ever been to. The staff is just plain rude and their stuff is overpriced.

Bigtwin
04-11-2012, 8:59 PM
Quite possibly one of the worst gun shops Ive ever been to. The staff is just plain rude and their stuff is overpriced.

I guess you have never been to that one shop in Elk Grove...you know the one with the indoor range....you know what one I am talking about!:43:

Barbarossa
04-11-2012, 9:18 PM
Prices are a bit up there, but they do have a bunch of guns. Sometimes the extra cash it costs is less important then Them actually having something on the shelf

lincoln6echo
04-11-2012, 9:36 PM
Mixed experiences for me. The "old guy" staff has been very cool, they handled a trade between me and another calguner just before close when it was busy.

The young guys that work there are know it all dbags. The prices are a damn joke. The range is ok if you bring your own ammo.

Curley Red
04-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Been there 3 times and that is all the chances I will give them. Prices were really high and the staff I dealt whit on each visit was rude, and I am an easy going type of person. I'll put up with most people but I will never go there again.

Glad they were good to you, maybe they have removed some of the bad people.

TheRealVIC
04-12-2012, 4:30 PM
nice selection but way overpriced. Some of the staff is great. Some meh

fighterpilot562
04-12-2012, 4:44 PM
AW damn its up North, cant go check it out

Ding126
04-12-2012, 5:47 PM
I usually go to see how OVER PRICED the ammo and guns are..Just killing time..I have seen some boxes of rifle ammo 25-40.00 over what I could buy online..I know they need to make something to keep the lights on but come on...your already open for business..why not sell 100 boxes of ammo for a 5.00 profit per box or sell nothing.. High volume sales with a lower mark up would be better IMO...I have also seen PMC 223 for 12.99 per20..seriously? Who buys their stuff? The uneducated or the very wealthy??

Also they have the dumbest display of pistols..in a glass wall case where pistols are displayed by inserting the pistol barrel over a threaded rod...I always wonder if this damages the rifling..sliding the weapons on and off dozens of times before the item is purchased...not to mention if you want to see 2-3 pistols and the guy has to keep walking back n forths with an attitude.
The over priced and poor attitudes does hurt business....I go to Triple A sports in vallejo...all though prices are a bit high..everyone is friendly and they're ALWAYS full and move a lot of merchandise. Something Guns n fishing could learn from.

tygerpaw
04-12-2012, 6:33 PM
That said....I too spend more $ in the basement. As far as gun prices some are over msrp and some I have found under....I purchased accoringly! As far as temp. in the summer both indoor ranges are about the same for temp....I know, I have been to both in August at 103 outside.

The FUD part...well...yes it happens, at most gun stores. I would not rate GFOS any higher than most you walk into. Never has it happened to me, nor have I been treated poorly there.

Oh and Tygerpaw, The self inflicted wounds has happened at Center mass indoor range too, more times than I care to state. Sucks to be the fact of life indoor or outdoor range. Hell they even closed down for a while due to a black powder explosion a couple weeks back.
I wish no ill will to either store and enjoy both.

Yeah, I wasn't really intending to single them out on the self-inflicted would thing, I was referring to indoor ranges in general, including Center Mass. Indoor is just not my thing.