PDA

View Full Version : Troy Dioptic Tritium. Yay or nay?

BlueSun
04-11-2012, 12:11 PM
I'm pretty much set on the Dioptic from what everyone is saying. I'm just wondering if I should fork over the extra money to go for the Tritium. To me it seems like centering on target would be easier with the Tritium sights because its lining up the 3 circles next to each other, rather than confirming that the lines are lined up with the front sight. And the night sight aspect is appealing as well.

Have any of you bought these and regretted it or heard of any downsides?

SoCalSig1911
04-11-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm pretty much set on the Dioptic from what everyone is saying. I'm just wondering if I should fork over the extra money to go for the Tritium. To me it seems like centering on target would be easier with the Tritium sights because its lining up the 3 circles next to each other, rather than confirming that the lines are lined up with the front sight. And the night sight aspect is appealing as well.

Have any of you bought these and regretted it or heard of any downsides?

I went the route of the Troy battle sight just because i liked the original look and didn't like the 300m open dioptic half triangle. If you go tritium, i did as well you should look into a tritium front sight as well, if you have an A2 front sight then you can just switch out the post for a tritium post from Trijicon. Together they work very well for acquiring targets in low light.

MrPlink
04-11-2012, 12:35 PM
If you are going to use irons in low light then yes, it is good stuff. Otherwise, where is your cash going?