PDA

View Full Version : Cmp garands in .308!!!!

Don the savage
04-11-2012, 11:36 AM
CMP M1 Garand Special Now Available in .308. The CMP Special in .30-06 has become our best-selling grade and many of our customers have asked us to make the rifle available in .308. This is a completely refurbished rifle consisting of an original M1 Garand Springfield receiver, new production Criterion barrel, new production American Walnut stock and handguards, and new web sling. Receiver and most other parts are refinished USGI, but some parts may be new manufacture. A .308 spacer block is installed to prevent loading of a .30-06 round into the chamber. Item number is RM1308SPECIAL. Rifle is shipped in CMP hard case. $995 plus $24.95 S&H.*
http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/m1garand.htm

I want. If i didnt just order a winchester id be printing a form right now. Oh who am i kidding its happening tonight.

stevied
04-11-2012, 11:38 AM
Got the email too :) Here's a picture of them

http://www.thecmp.org/sales/images/m1garandspecial_w.jpg

308 ammo also:
.308 Ammo Now Available from CMP. The CMP E-Store is now accepting orders for .308 Ammo - https://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=catalogList&cat=AMC . Item number 443A308-200. This is .308 ammunition manufactured by Atomic Ammunition of Phoenix, AZ. 200 rounds packaged in a Plano reusable plastic ammo can. Nosler boat tail bullet over Varget powder loaded in once-fired military brass. $175 plus $11.95 S&H per can.

mosinnagantm9130
04-11-2012, 11:55 AM
Since the M1 has a picky gas system, do the .308 M1s only run 7.62 NATO? (M1 noob here)

Don the savage
04-11-2012, 12:01 PM
Well since CMP is selling .308 im thinking its okay. Also springfield made a commercial version in .308 for a while which was not marked 7.62 which makes it okay for either cartridge. Im sure others will chime in.

Don the savage
04-11-2012, 12:05 PM
308 ammo also:
.308 Ammo Now Available from CMP. The CMP E-Store is now accepting orders for .308 Ammo - https://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=catalogList&cat=AMC . Item number 443A308-200. This is .308 ammunition manufactured by Atomic Ammunition of Phoenix, AZ. 200 rounds packaged in a Plano reusable plastic ammo can. Nosler boat tail bullet over Varget powder loaded in once-fired military brass. $175 plus $11.95 S&H per can.

Does that seem a little expensive for, what is essentially reloads. Since 500 rounds of XM80 go for around 300?

AlexKintner
04-11-2012, 1:09 PM
A Garand in any caliber other than 30-06 is blasphemy.

pro-nra
04-11-2012, 1:30 PM

That's what I was thinking. JCG would roll over on his grave if he finds out. However, he did the original design for a different caliber so I guess it's okay but .308 Garand is not for me.

mosinnagantm9130
04-11-2012, 1:42 PM

You know that .276 and 7.62 NATO are also calibers used by some Garands while the rifle was in service right? I'm not exactly a fan of civilian .308 M1s but it's not quite bubba IMO.

Orlando
04-11-2012, 1:57 PM
Does that seem a little expensive for, what is essentially reloads. Since 500 rounds of XM80 go for around 300?

I beleive its Match ammo

bruss01
04-11-2012, 2:14 PM
This caught my eye... I have a few hundred rounds of argentinian .308 in Garand clips around here somewhere.

One question I have... it says "Springfield Receiver" and it also claims the receiver is "USGI".

So I'm wondering, do they mean:

a.) An original Springfield Armory (military supplier) forged receiver of USGI manufacture

or

b.) An investment cast Springfield Armory (commercial production) receiver that is built to USGI spec?

I had heard that the commercial Springfield receivers (current production) were not as good as the original forged receivers that are still floating around from when they were produced for military service back in the 40's and 50's. If it's the milsurp receiver, I'm pretty interested. If it's just the commercialy produced investment cast receiver, I can buy one of those from Springfield if I get the urge.

Can anyone comment on which are used on these .308's? I think that might influence some people who are on the fence.

KnowFear
04-11-2012, 2:18 PM
Had an order in for a Field grade, and was about to pull the trigger on a Criterion 308 barrel order.

Saw the 308 Special, and switched my order over. With any luck, she'll be here in a few weeks.

Sorry purists, she's also getting a laminated stock (couldn't bare scratching up a new walnut stock), Ultimak scout rail, and Burris handgun scope.

Gunna use the crap out it!

Orlando
04-11-2012, 2:19 PM
This caught my eye... I have a few hundred rounds of argentinian .308 in Garand clips around here somewhere.

One question I have... it says "Springfield Receiver" and it also claims the receiver is "USGI".

So I'm wondering, do they mean:

a.) An original Springfield Armory (military supplier) forged receiver of USGI manufacture

or

b.) An investment cast Springfield Armory (commercial production) receiver that is built to USGI spec?

I had heard that the commercial Springfield receivers (current production) were not as good as the original forged receivers that are still floating around from when they were produced for military service back in the 40's and 50's. If it's the milsurp receiver, I'm pretty interested. If it's just the commercialy produced investment cast receiver, I can buy one of those from Springfield if I get the urge.

Can anyone comment on which are used on these .308's? I think that might influence some people who are on the fence.

They are built on USGI Receivers

bruss01
04-11-2012, 2:35 PM
They are built on USGI Receivers

If I understand you correctly, you are saying they are the milsurp forged receivers, not new commercial production. (sorry, I'm not up on all the jargon)

Correct?

Orlando
04-11-2012, 2:46 PM
If I understand you correctly, you are saying they are the milsurp forged receivers, not new commercial production. (sorry, I'm not up on all the jargon)

Correct?

Just as the CMP description states they are built on original M1 Garand Springfield receivers. They are Original USGI, the real deal

dustoff31
04-11-2012, 3:08 PM
These rifles are US Navy conversions to 7.62x51. These are the Mk 2 Mod 0. That means they were converted by inserting a bushing into the chamber to take up the space left by the shorter cartridge. They ARE NOT re-barrelled to 7.62x51.

The biggest problem with these is that the bushing had/has a bad habit of being extracted and ejected from the chamber along with a piece of brass. Steps were taken to try to prevent this but it is still not an uncommon occurance.

I won't say don't buy them, but know what you are asking for, or you might be sorely disappointed when you get it.

Read this before ordering:

http://www.thecmp.org/Sales/762Garand.pdf

Orlando
04-11-2012, 3:15 PM
This rifles are US Navy conversions to 7.62x51. These are the Mk 2 Mod 0. That means they were converted by inserting a bushing into the chamber to take up the space left by the shorter cartridge. They ARE NOT re-barrelled to 7.62x51.

The biggest problem with these is that the bushing had/has a bad habit of being extracted and ejected from the chamber along with a piece of brass. Steps were taken to try to prevent this but it is still not an uncommon occurance.

I won't say don't buy them, but know what you are asking for, or you might be sorely disappointed when you get it.

Where do you get this idea?? Not sure where you dug up the link but I dont beleive its anything current
These are built on new commercial 308 barrels

Mssr. Eleganté
04-11-2012, 3:17 PM
Dustoff31.

You should read the description of the new .308 Garands in the first post of this thread

pro-nra
04-11-2012, 3:21 PM
These rifles are US Navy conversions to 7.62x51. These are the Mk 2 Mod 0. That means they were converted by inserting a bushing into the chamber to take up the space left by the shorter cartridge. They ARE NOT re-barrelled to 7.62x51.

No you got this all wrong. This is not a conversion but a total build from Sa receiver using .308 CBI barrel and no insert is used.

The only insert CMP used on the .308 rifle is in the clip well to prevent accidental loading of 30-06 ammo but not really necessary to function.

IMO you CMP built rifles are top notch compound that with the renowned CMP CS that is second to none and you got yourself a winner.

KnowFear
04-11-2012, 3:22 PM
These rifles are US Navy conversions to 7.62x51. These are the Mk 2 Mod 0. That means they were converted by inserting a bushing into the chamber to take up the space left by the shorter cartridge. They ARE NOT re-barrelled to 7.62x51

The description of the "Special" states: "...original M1 Garand Springfield receiver, new production Criterion barrel..."

This leads one to believe that the pdf you quote describes the original 308 conversions done years ago by Navy.

But you raise a good point as it does not explicitly say under the "Special" description that it is a new production 308 Criterion barrel. Time to send in an email to verify with CMP.

ElvenSoul
04-11-2012, 3:23 PM
Shuff can fix it to run on M14 Mags

http://shuffsparkerizing.com/

Orlando
04-11-2012, 3:32 PM
The description of the "Special" states: "...original M1 Garand Springfield receiver, new production Criterion barrel..."

This leads one to believe that the pdf you quote describes the original 308 conversions done years ago by Navy.

But you raise a good point as it does not explicitly say under the "Special" description that it is a new production 308 Criterion barrel. Time to send in an email to verify with CMP.

Why would they install a commercial 30.06 barrel and then a insert ?:facepalm:
Its a new commercial 308 barrel

TRICKSTER
04-11-2012, 3:33 PM

:rofl2: Can't get any more wrong than this. The question is, is this caused by ignorance, or do you have a beef with the CMP.

dustoff31
04-11-2012, 3:34 PM
Dustoff31.

You should read the description of the new .308 Garands in the first post of this thread

I did read the OP, especially this part, A .308 spacer block is installed to prevent loading of a .30-06 round into the chamber. It does appear that they have new barrels, but likely not .308 barrels or the bushing would not be necessary.

I also read the paper that I linked to, posted on the CMP website no less, that says all of the rifles offered for sale are Mk2 Mod0.

KnowFear
04-11-2012, 3:46 PM
Why would they install a commercial 30.06 barrel and then a insert ?:facepalm:
Its a new commercial 308 barrel

I can't imagine any reason that they would install a 30 06 and then put a bushing in it.

But every once in a while, something completely obvious turns out not to be true. Emails are cheap, and help avoid :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Mssr. Eleganté
04-11-2012, 3:47 PM
The spacer block they are talking about is the one that goes in the magazine well, not the chamber insert.

KnowFear
04-11-2012, 3:52 PM
... It does appear that they have new barrels, but likely not .308 barrels or the bushing would not be necessary.

(I believe that) The spacer block referred to prevents 30 06 clip from being inserted into the clip recess - has nothing to do with a chamber bushiing.

dustoff31
04-11-2012, 3:55 PM
(I believe that) The spacer block referred to prevents 30 06 clip from being inserted into the clip recess - has nothing to do with a chamber bushiing.

That's quite possible. That spacer would have to be there irrespective of chambering, both for safety and feeding. I'd like to be wrong, but the description they provide is quite ambigious. As you say, emails are cheap.

Capybara
04-11-2012, 4:04 PM
I just ordered my first CMP, a HRA Service Grade Special. I have to say, I see the reason the CMP is offering this, there is a market for it and I see the financial and ammo availability logic.

That said, the M1 Garand HAS to be in .30-06, it is a world renowned classic in .30-06, the rifle and the cartridge that saved the world. The Garand in .308 is a like a beautiful 57 Chevy with a Volkswagon engine, its just wrong somehow. ;-)

Don the savage
04-11-2012, 4:17 PM
I just ordered my first CMP, a HRA Service Grade Special. I have to say, I see the reason the CMP is offering this, there is a market for it and I see the financial and ammo availability logic.

That said, the M1 Garand HAS to be in .30-06, it is a world renowned classic in .30-06, the rifle and the cartridge that saved the world. The Garand in .308 is a like a beautiful 57 Chevy with a Volkswagon engine, its just wrong somehow. ;-)

Because the .308 is some underpowered weird wildcat round no one uses?

I love the 30.06 but the .308 has been a US/NATO service round for over 50 years.

KnowFear
04-11-2012, 4:31 PM

Nah. The Garand in 308 is like a 57 Chevy with a modern fuel injected engine. Both are powerful, have classic beauty, and have their place :)

Orlando
04-11-2012, 4:40 PM
That's quite possible. That spacer would have to be there irrespective of chambering, both for safety and feeding. I'd like to be wrong, but the description they provide is quite ambigious. As you say, emails are cheap.

Give me a break, read the description!!! Its perfectly clear

Mssr. Eleganté
04-11-2012, 4:41 PM
... I'd like to be wrong, but the description they provide is quite ambigious...

Then you'll be happy to know that you are wrong. :p. That PDF you found on the Mk 2 Mod 0 rifles is a few years old and is descibing the collectible rifles that the CMP auctioned off. How you associated it with the new Special Grade rifles they just announced is beyond me.

Manolito
04-11-2012, 5:05 PM
I carried the M1A for two tours and the 308 is a fine round capable of things the 06 is not capable of. The other side is the 06 is capable of some things the 308 can't do.
I am thinking of buying the 308 special so I guess I have to have a scarlet letter A branded on my forehead.
Bill

JAGGUY
04-11-2012, 5:12 PM
"the 308 is a fine round capable of things the 06 is not capable of"

I would appreciate knowing just what these "things" are.....

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 5:29 PM
The .308 can do things the .30-06 can't?

Chamber inserts when they're using new barrels readily available on .308?

http://sabarton.blog.com/files/2009/11/pandamoresense.jpg

Form sent, still haven't received garand #1 yet even though they gave me a customer number and put me in their system...(I really wish someone could help them modernize things a bit).

The Gleam
04-11-2012, 5:31 PM

Yep. Descritpion in the link says: A .308 spacer block is installed to prevent the loading of a .30-06 round into the chamber.

I would never buy a Garand in .308. Just not interested. If I were to think of doing that, I would just go buy another M1A.

The Gleam
04-11-2012, 5:34 PM
"the 308 is a fine round capable of things the 06 is not capable of"

I would appreciate knowing just what these "things" are.....

It can effectively load into chambers made for .308 where a .30-06 cartridge is too big for starters. :p

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 5:37 PM
Yep. Descritpion in the link says: A .308 spacer block is installed to prevent the loading of a .30-06 round into the chamber.

I would never buy a Garand in .308. Just not interested. If I were to think of doing that, I would just go buy another M1A.

Barrel is marked .308 - but no other special markings.

Why would they mark the barrel .308, if it were .30-06 with a bushing in the chamber?

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=73336&page=5

I'm pretty sure the guy who runs the CMP knows what he's talking about.

This does not fit inside a barrel:
http://www.m1garand.com/store/media/garand/ss_size1/g101a.JPG
http://www.m1garand.com/store/m1_garand_308_7.62_magazine_plastic_spacer.html

we had our own manufactured out of a plastic material
http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=73336&page=3

You would not put a plastic bit into the chamber to adapt .30-06 to .308.

The Gleam
04-11-2012, 5:40 PM
Why would they mark the barrel .308, if it were .30-06 with a bushing in the chamber?

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=73336&page=5

I'm pretty sure the guy who runs the CMP knows what he's talking about.

And I never said they didn't change the barrels... so not sure where you got the idea I did?

My reference is to the spacer block involving something within the chamber, not jsut something that blocks a magazine in .30-06, of course within the way it is stated. It could still mean that I suppose.

Still couldn't get me interested in a Garand in .308, any more than my lack of interest in a supposed "tanker" Garand.

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 5:41 PM
And I never said they didn't change the barrels... so not sure where you got the idea I did?

My reference is to the spacer block involving something within the chamber, not jsut something that blocks a magazine in .30-06, of course within the way it is stated. It could still mean that I suppose.

Still couldn't get me interested in a Garand in .308, any more than my lack of interest in a supposed "tanker" Garand.

And you're still wrong. Read my post again.

The description even says that these come with a new production Criterion barrel, so yes the barrels have been changed(or the receivers were never barreled in the first place. The point is that they don't have .30-06 barrels)

pro-nra
04-11-2012, 5:44 PM
I carried the M1A for two tours and the 308 is a fine round capable of things the 06 is not capable of. The other side is the 06 is capable of some things the 308 can't do.
I am thinking of buying the 308 special so I guess I have to have a scarlet letter A branded on my forehead.
Bill

I assume this is a "civilian" tour and not military as the military only used M14s in 7.62x51mm NATO and not civilian M1A in .308 Winchester. Also, enlighten me of what a .308 can do that the 30-06 can't? Inquiry mind want to know.

The Gleam
04-11-2012, 5:46 PM
And you're still wrong. Read my post again.

The description even says that these come with a new production Criterion barrel, so yes the barrels have been changed(or the receivers were never barreled in the first place. The point is that they don't have .30-06 barrels)

And as I said, nor was I right or wrong on the issue; just curious as to that part of the description. I did see they had new barrels.

Seeing the picture of this block does clarify it. However, seeing that photo, now I am even less impressed with the schlocky hokey thing. :facepalm:

Junk. Couldn't ever get me to even think about buyng one.

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 5:47 PM
And as I said, nor was I right or wrong on the issue; just curious as to that part of the description. I did see they had new barrels.

Seeing the picture of this block does clarify it. However, seeing that photo, now I am even less impressed with the schlocky hokey thing. :facepalm:

Junk. Couldn't ever get me to even think about buyng one.

So then replace it with a metal one? It's a magazine spacer, it doesn't need to be able to take a beating. Plus, when you consider that the barrel and stock are new, and it's chambered in .308 anyway, it's not exactly being marketed towards the purists now is it?

The Gleam
04-11-2012, 5:52 PM
So then replace it with a metal one? It's a magazine spacer, it doesn't need to be able to take a beating. Plus, when you consider that the barrel and stock are new, and it's chambered in .308 anyway, it's not exactly being marketed towards the purists now is it?

Ha Ha! I meant the the "schlocky hokey thing" is the Garand converted to .308, not the schlocky hokey plastic thing. :rofl2:

OldShooter32
04-11-2012, 5:53 PM
Wow. Nothing like a good row! Did we ever decide if it is a chamber insert or a magazine well insert? Ambitious information makes for great emails but also makes me confused.
Argue the merits of .308 vs '06 but I want to be sure it is a .308 chamber, not one wearing a slipper. Why, I don't know since I already have two M1's -- one in each caliber! Curiosity perhaps.

OldShooter32
04-11-2012, 5:54 PM
Wow. Nothing like a good row! Did we ever decide if it is a chamber insert or a magazine well insert? Ambitious information makes for great emails but also makes me confused.
Argue the merits of .308 vs '06 but I want to be sure it is a .308 chamber, not one wearing a slipper. Why, I don't know since I already have two M1's -- one in each caliber! Curiosity perhaps.

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 5:55 PM

Read post #38. I quoted the COO of the CMP stating what it was, as well as provided links to the source of the quotes.

Don the savage
04-11-2012, 6:00 PM
Ha Ha! I meant the the "schlocky hokey thing" is the Garand converted to .308, not the schlocky hokey plastic thing. :rofl2:

Gleam your collection is ridiculous, that being said, why crap all over something that you don't like?
I, and a lot of others think these are going to be fun guns to have, if you think they are "schlocky" move on nothing to see for you.
Hopefully I get a good price on a rifle I'm selling so I can pick up one of these. Ford vs. chevy I guess. Maybe you can get a Calvin pissing on a .308 garand sticker.

TRICKSTER
04-11-2012, 6:11 PM
This thread is full of fail an a perfect example of how FUD is spread.
They are new 308 barrels people. No barrel insert, period.
Work on your reading comprehension.

pro-nra
04-11-2012, 6:48 PM
X2. Brand new CBI barrel chambered in .308.

Merc1138
04-11-2012, 6:49 PM
This thread is full of fail an a perfect example of how FUD is spread.
They are new 308 barrels people. No barrel insert, period.
Work on your reading comprehension.

Lots of fail since it's so easy to just go check the CMP forum and get the answer straight from the horses mouth.

anothergunnut
04-11-2012, 6:51 PM
Five plus years ago this made a lot of sense. There was a ton of 308 ammo being dumped on the market that was super cheap so it was cost effective to convert to 308. Today it is worth doing because the supply of 30-06 is dwindling plus, if you have other rifles in 308, it helps to reduce the number of calibers. I'm sure the CMP will sell many of these.

I'm planning on sticking with 30-06; as soon as I use up my pile of Greek HXP, I will have a ton of brass to reload. It's cheaper to reload match grade ammo than buy surplus milspec ammo.

Capybara
04-11-2012, 8:32 PM
Nah. The Garand in 308 is like a 57 Chevy with a modern fuel injected engine. Both are powerful, have classic beauty, and have their place :)

Okay, better analogy than I used, but you get my point. .30-06 and Garand go together like butter and popcorn. .308 kicks tail, great round, just not right in a Garand.

bruceflinch
04-11-2012, 9:05 PM

Yeah, That's the story I'm gonna go with too! Especially since I don't have $1K available right now.....:( Can't wait till the M1A becomes a C&R!:oji:

mls343
04-12-2012, 4:05 AM
Personally, I'll stick with 30-06 for my Garands and enjoy the .308 in my M1A - the way it was meant yo be.

Just my $0.02

KnowFear
04-12-2012, 8:37 AM
email to/from CMP:

======

-----Original Message-----
One question - I want to verify that the "new production Criterion barrels"
for the RM1308SPECIAL are in fact 308 barrels, not 30-06 with the old style
bushing. Can you confirm?

-----Reply from CMP-----
Correct! The Criterion barrels that are being installed on the .308 Special
grade rifles are .308 barrels.

Thanks,
Melissa xxx
Customer Relations Supervisor
Civilian Marksmanship Program

=======

All doubt removed.

A happy note - my credit card has been charged!!!

Merc1138
04-12-2012, 8:59 AM
It's good to see that the customer service people at the CMP also know what's up. But the only doubt was from people who couldn't read or thought the guy who runs the CMP was a liar on his own forum.

ElvenSoul
04-12-2012, 9:09 AM
Question would it be able to transplant into a BM59 Stock? Had a chance to buy one for $200

eighteenninetytwo
04-13-2012, 2:48 PM
What's the difference between the stocks?

smle-man
04-13-2012, 3:54 PM
Personally, I'll stick with 30-06 for my Garands and enjoy the .308 in my M1A - the way it was meant yo be.

Just my $0.02

I have M1s in both calibers and the performance is the same; reliability, accuracy, recoil. Same-same.

Mutant
04-13-2012, 5:36 PM
I have a 1945 correct Garand and a NM M1. I have nothing against a 308 Garand (or my 308Ishapore) but I just don't want to spend a grand on "shooter, non historic" Garand. Just doesn't feel right - to me. Now a 308 Israeli Mauser, in good shape, I would jump at for the right price. :)

Like others here, a Garand is a 30-06 - if it is a "military" rifle (some small amount of basically unknown Navy conversions regardless). But if a 308 Garand floats your boat, so be it and have fun. :TFH: It is a nice concept with Nato surplus ammo so prevalent. I just handload so that has no draw - for me.

At least I won't get 'em confoosed cuz I will only own the 30-06 Garand. :euro:

17+1
04-13-2012, 5:48 PM
I have a 308 M1. Shot it into the 30's in the Sac Valley military rifle silhouette match...;) Pretty accurate rifle.

MT1
04-13-2012, 9:34 PM

The description is crystal clear, your reading comprehension is at fault here...that or you have an agenda and are being disingenuous on purpose.

MT1
04-13-2012, 9:36 PM
I assume this is a "civilian" tour and not military as the military only used M14s in 7.62x51mm NATO and not civilian M1A in .308 Winchester. Also, enlighten me of what a .308 can do that the 30-06 can't? Inquiry mind want to know.

They can fit in an M14/M1A :p

dustoff31
04-14-2012, 12:59 PM
The description is crystal clear, your reading comprehension is at fault here...that or you have an agenda and are being disingenuous on purpose.

Neither one is the case. I took what was published on the CMP website at face value. One document stating something to be so outright, and another somewhat vague, and suggested that people do their own due dilligence. They did, and there is no longer any question. Everyone can be happy now.

SmokingSam
04-19-2012, 2:58 AM
Can any one confirm if the M1 in 308 may be a more accurate and easy shooter than the same grade level in 30-06(match ammo in both calibers)? I have a couple of original M1 in 30-06 and my friend has a special grade M1 in 30-06 and it shoots more accurately than mine (same ammo, same shooter), hence my question.

bubbapug1
04-19-2012, 8:13 PM
I would suspect your friends special benefits from the new criterion barrel. The 308 will probably outperform your M1 and has a good chance of being easier to score with than the 30-06 that your friend has.

Be ready to wait for your gun....I got this today via email

We have received and verified your recent order. Your order will now advance
to our sales area and from there to our shipping area. Please note, that
unless otherwise listed, our order to ship time is at least 30 to 60 days.
You will receive other emails as the order progresses.

KnowFear
04-20-2012, 5:50 AM
Yes, be ready to wait, but the wait will be worth it - ordered mine late Feb, arrived yesterday :party:

Got her all greased up, just waiting for the scope rings (sorry purists, she's going scoped scout configuration). With any luck I will get to try her out at this weekend's AppleSeed.

SmokingSam
04-21-2012, 9:14 AM
Yes, I think the 308 M1, for me anyway, may be better in accuracy than the 30-06 M1 with an old barrel. I am planning on ordering a Winchester M1 and a 308 M1 as soon as I sell my Skeet Shot gun...I do not mind the wait, I have my M1's to keep me company :chris:

Gem1950
04-21-2012, 9:29 AM
Shuff can fix it to run on M14 Mags

http://shuffsparkerizing.com/

Those are some nice looking rifles!