PDA

View Full Version : Permits... Possible Under New Admin?

VeryCoolCat
04-22-2007, 2:34 PM
Maybe someone can convince him that allowing registration and "AW Permits"... will help keep track of us "dangerous" individuals". :D

SemiAutoSam
04-22-2007, 2:39 PM
Don't tell me you would actually want that.

You may as well send them in a list of what you have and Directions to your residence.

Or don't you think they will one day want to come and confiscate your firearms ?

bwiese
04-22-2007, 2:47 PM
Nice though, but they won't go that far out on a limb, that would upset the apple cart too much.

After things settle after the new BoF budget, I could eventually see acquiesence to a court order w/o much fight, if any actions taken by DOJ ended up accidentally transitioning a firearm into AW status. They could then blame the court, and politics is all about the blame game.

Best bet is to get SB23 overturned thru the many flaws with its integration into Roberti-Roos

Even more importatn is the fact the DOJ FD ignored its statutory duty to adequately promulgate AW transition in 2000 (likely similar in 1990) except for a few ads in gunshops and midnight Mexican midget wrestling on UHF TV channels. The scale of 'customer contact' and 'marketing' for statewide reach for the desired audience penetration was anemically small: imagine you need to sell a product to a select customer demographic and achive max penetration: what would that budget be?

The AW laws that depend (statutorily) about initial pronouncements are hostage to budget. If the budget were not allocated (or it was wholly inappropriate for the task at hand) the law that depends on such activities to be funded is fundamentally unsound.

TheMan
04-22-2007, 6:58 PM
Even more importatn is the fact the DOJ FD ignored its statutory duty to adequately promulgate AW transition in 2000 (likely similar in 1990) except for a few ads in gunshops and midnight Mexican midget wrestling on UHF TV channels. The scale of 'customer contact' and 'marketing' for statewide reach for the desired audience penetration was anemically small: imagine you need to sell a product to a select customer demographic and achive max penetration: what would that budget be?

I apologize for that. On behalf of gun owners, I told them that we all watched the midnight Mexican midget wrestling...:o