View Full Version : Confused again on possible PP sales

bg
04-22-2007, 12:19 PM
My question is, can I sell my used sidearms here in Ca even if not on this
"drop test" law or not being "approved" by the DOJ via a drop test or loaded
indicator, mag disconnect, etc ? I have a 77/78 Colt Ser 80 GM I may sell as
well as a pre-ban Glock 22 and 76 nib Colt Python. I would just like to know
if I can sell these in a legal PP sale here in Ca ? Reason I'm asking is
because of this bill that's up for a vote..

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/07-08/bill/asm/ab_1201-1250/ab_1218_bill_20070410_amended_asm_v98.html

Any correct info is much appreciated.

bwiese
04-22-2007, 1:17 PM
Private-party transfers btwn CA residents, mediated by a CA FFL, are exempt from the provisions of the 'unsafe handgun' laws, being on the Roster, etc.

You cannot sell your non-Rostered handgun to an FFL to resell to another Californian, but you can sell it to your buddy down the street with the FFL intermediating.

The new law just gives a little more elbow room for pre-1995 guns :) and it remains to be seen how favorable it is after further markup.

bg
04-22-2007, 1:31 PM
Thank you. Just one more question if you don't mind too much..How does this
work on consignment sales. Same thing as a PP sale ? I mean if a person
has a weapon for sale at a local gun store and a buyer wants it, how does
that work out ? Thanks again Bill...

bwiese
04-22-2007, 1:57 PM
How does this work on consignment sales. Same thing as a PP sale ? I mean if a person has a weapon for sale at a local gun store and a buyer wants it, how does that work out?

I bought my S&W 1006 on consignment last summer.

I believe it's essentially a "delayed PPT", where the consigner just fills out his half of the forms ahead of time until the new sucker comes in to buy the toy. I don't think there's real 'face to face' requirement for PPT. The gun store is just, in essence, providing safe storage and marketing by putting it on the shelf.

(A real FFL dealer can correct me here on details.)

And I now know that (as posted by FFL Calguns user 'mscales5') that remote PPTs of non-Rostered handguns are possible across the state using the 'gun show transaction' feature of the DROS system.

bg
04-22-2007, 7:01 PM
Thanks again.

newtothis
04-22-2007, 8:42 PM
...I may sell as well as a pre-ban Glock 22 and 76 nib Colt Python.

Any correct info is much appreciated.

Pictures and price on the Python?