PDA

View Full Version : Colt SP6920CA Question

Good_Knight
04-11-2012, 8:29 AM
Anyone experiencing free-play between their upper and lower receiver with the new colt carbine??

Roddd
04-11-2012, 8:31 AM
I have a 6940LE, I know it's not the same, but I have play between the upper and lower. I have a couple thousand flawless rounds through it. It's nothing to worry about.

Good_Knight
04-11-2012, 8:41 AM
I have a 6940LE, I know it's not the same, but I have play between the upper and lower. I have a couple thousand flawless rounds through it. It's nothing to worry about.

Was that play there when it was brand new? Thanks

MustangSteveGT
04-11-2012, 8:51 AM
I just got mine yesterday and I dont think theres anymore play in it than the double star lower/dpms upper on my other ar15. In fact it's pretty tight. Not that it'll matter much anyway.

nitroxdiver
04-11-2012, 8:59 AM
Play between the upper and lower is very normal. Some manufacturers are closing that tolerance because they know that it bothers a lot of civilian purchasers. Others are adding a Teflon tipped set screw in the lower that allows the end user to tighten up the fit between the two halves. And lastly, athere is a product called the accu wedge that can be added to the lower to reduce play. Others put a tiny o ring around the front pivot pin lug to tighten up fit.

The Colt will have some play from the factory. It doesn't affect anything. If it really bothers you, the o ring trick or accu wedge will eliminate it. The down side, at least with the accu wedge, is that it could possibly work it's way into your action and cause malfunctions. I don't use one so have no first hand experience with that.

Enjoy your new Colt, they are awesome work horse carbines.

MrPlink
04-11-2012, 1:42 PM
Normal, it affects nothing. You can accuwedge it (or just make one yourself) if it bothers you.

TNP'R
04-11-2012, 1:44 PM
Yeah what MrPlink said, its pretty much normal with ar-15's.Not anything i'd worry about.

Dave07997S
04-11-2012, 1:53 PM
Defective...you must sell it to me for 1/2 off...:D

Mine has a smidgen of play, really almost nothing.

Dave

Tanner68
04-11-2012, 2:04 PM
Mine has a little play. It is normal. Post count +1, woohoo!

63 tango
04-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Mine has a little wiggle, but its not anymore than my Stag Arms rifle.

Mamluke
04-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Anyone experiencing free-play between their upper and lower receiver with the new colt carbine??

Its OK, its still MIL SPEC;
I've handled LWRC M6-A2 with play between upper & lowers; and that rifle is twice the price of a Colt. Considered by many to be one of the best & highest quality AR type rifles out there...

Don't worry about it, be happy & go shoot some more ... :43:

Colt-45
04-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Switch the upper receiver to a Vltor MUR and you might not have any play at all. In my experience the 4 that I've used, when put into my lowers didn't have any play at all.