PDA

View Full Version : The safety on my WASR 10/63 didn't engage. HALP!

Lexicon Devil
04-10-2012, 7:43 PM
Today, I was teaching a first time shooter how to shoot my WASR and explaining how the safety functions. With the rifle unloaded and pointed in a safe direction, I pulled the charging handle, let it fly home, and then engaged the safety to show the person that the gun doesn't go bang when the trigger is pulled. Well, I pulled the trigger, safety on, and the rifle dry fired. Not only did this serve as a lesson to me that the safety on doesn't always mean the rifle can't fire, it confounded me as to how/why this happened. When I looked at my rifle, I saw that the pin which holds the trigger group in place worked its way out of the receiver somehow. The pin didn't come all the way out, but I did have to push it back into place. Once I did that, the safety operated as normal, but I'm nervous about shooting it until I can figure out what the problem is. At the moment, I don't have the time to take it apart and figure it out (I have to write a paper for class), but do any of you have some insight?

asgalindez
04-10-2012, 7:55 PM
Order a FCG Pin Retaining Plate from ak-builder.com (http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=29836). Should take care of it.

Lexicon Devil
04-10-2012, 7:59 PM
Thanks a bunch! Now I'm just wondering how it happened in the first place.

Lexicon Devil
04-10-2012, 8:01 PM
Lulz where's norcalK9? He will tell you that wasr is wayyy better than arsenal in every shape.

yeah...um...thanks for laughing at the problem?

Redchevyman
04-10-2012, 8:04 PM
Take the FCG out and check for burrs on the inside of the two larger cross pin holes. The burrs will keep the retaining wire from engaging the grooves in the cross pins.

tujungatoes
04-10-2012, 8:16 PM
Yeah I forget whether century uses E-clips or a wire retainer. Either way ditch that sucker and install a red star retainer plate. You'll never have that problem again.

Good helpful post luckystrike:thumbsup:

chead
04-11-2012, 9:40 AM
I've had crappy hooks from Century too. Don't both with it, just go straight for the plate instead.

dbo31
04-11-2012, 10:08 AM
Yikes..couple of WASR issues on the board lately..glad i went M10 and Interarms..situation could have been worse I guess

Agustav
04-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Yikes..couple of WASR issues on the board lately..glad i went M10 and Interarms..situation could have been worse I guess

Here we go again... :facepalm:

CSACANNONEER
04-11-2012, 12:17 PM
Get a Redstar Retaining Plate and don't look back.