View Full Version : QRB board is coming

04-10-2012, 6:40 PM
for all of you who are in the Army Reserve, Guard and Active the Qualitive Retention Board is coming.

for those in the 63rd RSC command which is quite a few states they command. i was at my shop and saw the list. i work as a miltech which is a an Army civilian job that requires Reserve enlistment. if the board decides to QRB me or anyone at the shop we lose our jobs 30 days after our retirement. this truly sucks ***.

04-10-2012, 7:04 PM
I wish everything works out for you... hang in there. I know life can be tough sometimes.

04-10-2012, 11:29 PM
have you read this? Army Regulation 135-205. are you at 20yrs of service or received your 20yr letter?

04-11-2012, 8:36 AM
have you read this? Army Regulation 135-205. are you at 20yrs of service or received your 20yr letter?

everyone on this list has their 20 year letter. the only catch is our job requires Reserve membership under this section Title 10, USC section 10218 and AR 140-315 . if we at the shop with over 20 years were allowed to retire and keep our job 90% of us would.

you can read the reg here.

(1) Loss of USAR Selected Reserve/unit membership resulting from actons initiated by the technician to cancel,
discontinue, or otherwise terminate such membership, when not required to do so by the Department of the Army, is
within the technician’s control. Such loss resulting from lack of action by the technician, or because of unsatisfactory
military performance or conduct, is also within the technician’s control. Actions which may result in loss of USAR
Selected Reserve membership within the technician’s control include, but are not limited to—
(a) Failure to reenlist.
(b) Voluntary transfer to the Retired Reserve prior to mandatory removal date (MRD).
(c) Voluntary transfer to the Individual Ready Reserve (IRR) or Standby Reserve (including transfer to a control
group resulting from voluntary application for, selection for, and acceptance of an appointment as a warrant or
commissioned officer).
(d) Resignation or withdrawal for compassionate or other reasons.
(e) Unsatisfactory military performance or conduct.
(f) Failure to maintain weight standards as prescribed in AR 600–9.
(g) Failure to complete mandatory military education requirements which lead to loss of military status.
(h) Officers discharged for failure to be selected for promotion.
(2) Actions which result in loss of USAR Selected Reserve membership outside the technician control are initiated
or required by the Department of the Army. These include, but are not limited to—
(a) Removal by qualitative or quantitative retention board.
(b) Failure to meet physical requirements (other than height and weight standards).
(c) Attainment of maximum age or MRD (except as provided by para 8 i).
(d) Failure by officers to be selected for promotion when considered on a best qualified basis.

and yes i have my 20 year letter.

04-11-2012, 8:42 AM
I'm in the same boat. 32 years in and they'd rather spend a boatload trying to replace me than to simply carry me. I have lost tours and training because my MOS (38B) is one of those they will not reclassify. So I give it my all and I miss out because I am the wrong rank, or I already did this tour once, etc. It's not a beauty contest but plenty of folks act like it is. I have seen slots go empty and vehicles going out with an empty seat in order to save money. Explain that to the widows.

It gets even worse when you approach sanctuary. They will do all they can to stop you from crossing that line and having you get normal retirement instead of reserve retirement. In a civilian job there would be lawsuits lined up around the block.