PDA

View Full Version : Marlin 336Y Questions

A'sDad
04-10-2012, 2:54 PM
Looking to get my son who is turning 13 a Marlin 336 youth model- he has been shooting his 22 since he was 8 so time for his first pig gun.
I like the shorter barrel and stock set-up of the 336Y for weight and handling.
Question 1: Can you swap out stocks later for longer length of pull?
Question 2: Online I see the 336Y for under $400 new all the time- from Buds, to Gunbroker. I would love to find a used one for closer to $300 but have not seen any. Anyone know of any shops around Sonoma County to include the East Bay Area- that carries them and has them for under $400?
Thanks-

zfields
04-10-2012, 3:00 PM
Looking to get my son who is turning 13 a Marlin 336 youth model- he has been shooting his 22 since he was 8 so time for his first pig gun.
I like the shorter barrel and stock set-up of the 336Y for weight and handling.
Question 1: Can you swap out stocks later for longer length of pull?
Question 2: Online I see the 336Y for under $400 new all the time- from Buds, to Gunbroker. I would love to find a used one for closer to $300 but have not seen any. Anyone know of any shops around Sonoma County to include the East Bay Area- that carries them and has them for under $400?
Thanks-

Question 1: Yes,
Question 2: No idea, good luck though.

Be aware newer marlins are NOT made by the original marlin shop anymore, they were bought by remington. Go check out marlinowners, lots of horror stories about the new ones. However, my new 1895 GBL came out great, so they may be making a turn around now.

A'sDad
04-13-2012, 3:38 PM
Anyone purchase one new lately? How do you like it. What did you pay?
Thanks for any info.