PDA

View Full Version : which .22 AR rifle should I buy?

CaliPitt
04-10-2012, 2:28 PM
I know Mossberg has a complete AR style .22, are there any more in the market?

roushstage2
04-10-2012, 2:33 PM
Smith & Wesson M&P15-22 <--- Get it

CaliPitt
04-10-2012, 2:46 PM
Thx for the info. I was also thinking about building one from scratch since I have a stripped lower

roushstage2
04-10-2012, 2:52 PM
That is certainly an option too. CMMG makes good .22LR uppers.

Musashi
i'd build it

Chaos47
Build / buy a real one. Drop in bolt or dedicated upper

IMO there's no point in getting a clone that nearly costs as much but doesn't have compatible parts.

sactobill
04-10-2012, 3:32 PM
Another vote for S&W MP15-22. Why pay for just the upper and then have to disassemble just to play with the 223. At the range, I have my PWS MK116 and M&P15-22. Just pick one up and shoot.

But get whatever floats your boat. It's your money and your time. Have fun.

jemrey81
04-10-2012, 3:51 PM
I love my M&P 15-22.... Love it!

You can find them used for good prices... I did anyways ;)

NorCalDustin
04-10-2012, 4:21 PM
CMMG

ExtremeX
04-10-2012, 4:30 PM
Build / buy a real one. Drop in bolt or dedicated upper

IMO there's no point in getting a clone that nearly costs as much but doesn't have compatible parts.

+1

Not a fan of dedicated AR .22s for the same reason.

I would get a dedicated upper or a drop in bolt.

Drop in bolt is good if you want to practice with the same trigger, optics, and setup.

Dedicated upper for the correct twist rate. + Add optics of your choice on an existing lower.

For those who have tricked out lowers, with nice $200-300 triggers, stocks would see more benifit from a dedicated upper or drop in bolt.

EDIT: If all that doesnt matter to you, and you are dead set on getting a dedicated .22... then I would go with the M&P 15-22

MrPlink
04-10-2012, 4:40 PM

this

15-22 has tons of compatible parts.

All of the furniture, and fcg!

If you do have a spare lower, then buying a dedicated upper is not that bad of an idea though

Chaos47
04-10-2012, 4:57 PM
I meant you can't just slap a new upper on one and be ready to rock and roll

dancinzen
04-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Just my 2 cents, but having a chrome lined 5.56 upper, and then just slapping in a cmmg bolt conversion is the best bet! Super accurate, compatible parts, and can be converted back to 5.56 in about 30 seconds! This allows the option for both of best worlds!

gunnlover
04-11-2012, 6:33 AM
Mp15-22 for its light weight, simplicity, comparability, real estate (rails galore) plus it durable and doesn't scratch.

ExtremeX
04-11-2012, 9:17 AM
Just my 2 cents, but having a chrome lined 5.56 upper, and then just slapping in a cmmg bolt conversion is the best bet! Super accurate, compatible parts, and can be converted back to 5.56 in about 30 seconds! This allows the option for both of best worlds!

I am also pro drop in bolt but I wouldn't go as far as saying its super accurate. I would say its accurate enough for its intended use which is to use as a training aid on an existing .223/5.56 rifle.

The M&P 15-22 has a twist rate of 1:15

Typical AR-15 has a twist rate of 1:7, 1:8, 1:9

dancinzen
04-11-2012, 9:34 AM
Sorry, your right about it being accurate enough, and that is what I meant. I can still hit a 12" gong 10 out 10 at 100yds. Thats accurate enough for me.

Kelster1574
04-11-2012, 9:42 AM
I have these three, and they are all SOLID rifles that are very fun to shoot.

M&P 15-22

Ruger SR-22 - Same action as a 10/22....my preban magazines work very well in this one...lol

Colt M4 Ops (Umarex)

I am one who would rather have a dedicated .22lr rifle over a .22lr upper. Just my .02

tonyxcom
04-11-2012, 10:21 AM
If you are going to buy a dedicated, the SW 15-22 is the best bet without a doubt. Mine runs like a top. Using Federal bulk I have burned through 120rds as fast as I could pull the trigger and change mags (all I own) without a failure.

uxo2
04-11-2012, 10:41 AM
I went with a cmmg upper because i can use my preban hicaps from my ciener conversions...
Unlike smiths 22 Ar limited to a 10rnd mag....go with cmmg

randomBytes
04-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I built a nice lower, and put a dedicated .22 upper on it (CMMG 18" with stainless bolt, and BHOA), one benefit of this is that I can skip the bullet button - for now.

The total cost (ignoring optic) was about the same as SW 15-22, and I've been told that my trigger is better than the SW 15-22, also the rubberized magpul pistol grip and CTR stock are very nice. I may still upgrade the trigger to a nice 2-stage.

Musashi
04-11-2012, 1:08 PM
yeah actually thinking back on it i'd probably get a conversion kit for a 556. but i think it really depends on how much you want to spend, and what you want a ar22 for.

if its for training id get the conversion. if you just want it for looks i'd go with the mossberg or ruger

Chaos47
04-11-2012, 1:15 PM
if you just want it for looks i'd go with the mossberg or ruger
Just my opinion but the mossberg is ugly as sin! lol

helpme
04-11-2012, 1:34 PM
15-22.

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/102415-m-p-15-22-picture-thread-60.html

roushstage2
04-11-2012, 1:43 PM
Yeah it is. Plus, the "magazine" isn't actually the magazine. IIRC, there's a small magazine that actually slide into the middle of the larger, fake one.

tonyxcom
04-11-2012, 1:43 PM

Copy that.

Chaos47
04-11-2012, 1:48 PM
Get some eye bleach ready!

http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z361/chillincody420/081811214705.jpg

:puke:

busta00
04-11-2012, 2:33 PM
gun next to the toilet just in case lol

brassburnz
04-11-2012, 2:44 PM
Speaking from experience, don't bother with the AR .22 clones like the Colt Umarex, Sig, S&W, etc especially if you've got an AR lower already. Build a dedicated AR .22 from your lower and a good .22 upper. Now you've got a real AR lower platform, not a wannabe AR.

I have two of the Colt Umarex M4 .22's. I bought the first one when they first came out. I was sold on the hype. I bought the second one because I thought it would be cool to have one for my son and the price was right.

I also have a CZ .22 upper mounted on a Rock River lower. I like the CZ because it is a side cocker and I eventually plan on building an AR with a side cocking upper.

If I was to buy another .22 upper, I'd look at the CMMG upper. Of course there is always Tactical Innovations and Spikes.

tonyxcom
04-11-2012, 2:55 PM
Speaking from experience, get the SW 15/22. I'd be disappointed if I bought Umarex's or especially Mossbergs too. :facepalm::1eye:

It is great for the wife and kids because it is much lighter than "real AR's".

But you can't go wrong either way.

I've been shooting since I was a little kid and have shot my brothers guns on many occasions the past few years, but the 15/22 (MOE version) was my first personal gun purchase and the $425 I spent on it was hard to beat. I did add a PA Micro dot.

Here is an older picture of it. It is mostly the same although I use Larue index clips and hand stop instead of the XTM panels and AVG.
http://www.dromophotos.com/photos/i-tdQ4CXT/0/XL/i-tdQ4CXT-XL.jpg

CaliPitt
04-11-2012, 5:43 PM
Thanks for all the info/input/opinions. The .22 AR would be just a dedicated rifle since I own two AR15 .223 The .22 would be just for recreational...plus the ammo is cheaper.

tjlayzer
04-11-2012, 6:38 PM
Get the CMMG .22lr dedicated upper . One of the best around and lots of choices too.

uxo2
04-11-2012, 7:03 PM
heres a link to mine...
CMMG barrel .22lr

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=547595&page=2

forgot..

I also added a CATCH22 BHO.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_402/189082_LOOK_HERE_FIRST_FOR_ALL_YOU_NEED_TO_KNOW_AB OUT_THE_BOLT_CATCH_.html

Droppin Deuces
04-11-2012, 7:22 PM
Speaking from lots of experience...

Tactical Solutions has the best dedicated upper going. I've had CMMG uppers and the TacSol easily outshoots it at 100 yards. CMMG is nice. TacSol wins.

santamonica9
04-11-2012, 9:39 PM

M&P15-22 MOE if you can find one still..... or get the regulare version, they work great, easy to clean & all the same ergonomics of a AR :)

AR22
04-12-2012, 7:08 PM
Yep the CMMG,can use all the accessories of a "real" AR and is in all practible purposes it is a real AR that just happens to shoot a rimfire caliber.

No plastic junk,oops sorry "polymer",do want to offend the plastic people,non of this plastic crap with the CMMG route,best customer service and warranty and they are very supportive of the AR22 platform.

If you want a good AR22 either assemble yourself using quality parts or go CMMG if you do want to assemble your own..I have heard the SW is decent if you can get past the plastic and they work pretty good but you will be glad if you spend the extra money for the better quality rifle..Thanks

Chameleon Loco
04-12-2012, 7:30 PM
It is just like a .223 ar-15 and has a rail to mount any accessories plus you can get 25 round re build kits online

AR22
04-12-2012, 7:49 PM
It is just like a .223 ar-15 and has a rail to mount any accessories plus you can get 25 round re build kits online

Doesnt the SW have a plastic lower and upper reciever,hardly just like a real AR15,the CMMG is the closest as you can come to the 5.56 version IMO.

My AR15 does not have a plastic lower or upper and neither does my kids CMMG AR22,real AR stuff top and bottom.The CMMG uses a real AR15 upper,no plastic on these babys in the important areas..The CMMG can also have all the function of a real AR15 like Forward assist if you really think you need that,but atleast it can.

The only differance between a CMMG AR22 and a 5.56 AR15 is the bolt and barrel.The SW is not even close if you want to get technical when comparing the two..You can pull the barrel off a CMMG AR22 rimfire and put on a 5.56 barrel and a 5.56 bolt and you will have a rifle that will shoot .223 in the time it takes to swap the barrel,try that with the SW,on second thought do not try it,it will not work..The CMMG AR22 you can also use the lower with any 5.56 upper,try that with the SW,oops on second thought, do not try that either,it will not work..

The SW may be a good little toy but if you want something of quality aluminum,not plastic, that will stand the test of time get a good AR22 that is as close to the real thing as you can get...Thanks

robcoe
04-12-2012, 7:53 PM
Thx for the info. I was also thinking about building one from scratch since I have a stripped lower

If you have a lower already I would build one. No 10 day wait, configured exactly the way you want it, you know the kind of care that went into the assembly, and later you can just slap on a bullet button and buy a center fire upper, also with no 10 day wait.

honeywalnutshrimp
04-12-2012, 8:04 PM
Don't get the mp15-22 mine is a stubborn jerk of a rifle, da** thing fired over 1000 rounds without jamming or failure to fire... I even ran a box of jamington 550 bulk at it tried continuous rapid fire through 5 magazines fired it upside down sideways one handed refuses to jam! *end sarcasm*

I nowhave a ridiculously high bar set for 22 rifles after my mp1522 my old savage is a real pos to me now. Tho I still love it for setimental reasons... I really want to buy a gsg5 and bling it out butif it ends up not running like my smith does I will probably sell it for another mp1522

AR22
04-12-2012, 8:14 PM
Glad you bought function up.My kids CMMG AR22 will run Black Dog 50 round drums one after another without a one hiccup,either rapid fire or slow fire,his runs flawlesley,works perfectly with the factory CMMG mags too but the drums are easier to load and alot more fun...Thanks

EJB
04-12-2012, 9:33 PM
I vote for the S&W M&P 15-22

roushstage2
04-12-2012, 9:34 PM
Doesnt the SW have a plastic lower and upper reciever,hardly just like a real AR15,the CMMG is the closest as you can come to the 5.56 version IMO.

My AR15 does not have a plastic lower or upper and neither does my kids CMMG AR22,real AR stuff top and bottom.The CMMG uses a real AR15 upper,no plastic on these babys in the important areas..The CMMG can also have all the function of a real AR15 like Forward assist if you really think you need that,but atleast it can.

The only differance between a CMMG AR22 and a 5.56 AR15 is the bolt and barrel.The SW is not even close if you want to get technical when comparing the two..You can pull the barrel off a CMMG AR22 rimfire and put on a 5.56 barrel and a 5.56 bolt and you will have a rifle that will shoot .223 in the time it takes to swap the barrel,try that with the SW,on second thought do not try it,it will not work..The CMMG AR22 you can also use the lower with any 5.56 upper,try that with the SW,oops on second thought, do not try that either,it will not work..

The SW may be a good little toy but if you want something of quality aluminum,not plastic, that will stand the test of time get a good AR22 that is as close to the real thing as you can get...Thanks
The 15-22 is a dedicated .22LR AR. It's not meant to have parts like the barrel or BCG swapped. That's the whole point of it. Secondly, I'd hate to hear how you feel about Magpul parts, a N.F.A. lower, or Glocks and XDs.

The OP wants a dedicated rifle. The 15-22 is an excellent example of such.

AR22
04-13-2012, 1:32 AM
The 15-22 is a dedicated .22LR AR. It's not meant to have parts like the barrel or BCG swapped. That's the whole point of it. Secondly, I'd hate to hear how you feel about Magpul parts, a N.F.A. lower, or Glocks and XDs.

The OP wants a dedicated rifle. The 15-22 is an excellent example of such.
Have no interest in Glocks or XDs and do not even know what a N.F.A. is.We are not discussing
those anyway so thats a completely mute point,now on to the other stuff.

The point I was making about swapping the parts is simply to explain the SW dedicated is nothing like a real AR15 or you would be able to swap those parts.You cannot even swap uppers on a SW AR22.Simple fact is they DO NOT use Mil Spec uppers and lower in their design.I do not understand why they did not.They make real AR lowers and uppers so why they chose to not use them in thier design completely baffles
me.Then they would have had something.Oh I know its because they could make plastic crap cheaper and pawn it off to the public for a bigger profit.

Nothing wrong with Magpul parts at all.My Sons CMMG has Magpul aftermarket parts,they are great products but if you notice Magpul does not sell plastic recievers or lowers either. Plastic is perfectly acceptable on accessory parts.I just do not want a plastic upper reciever or a plastic lower.Just imagine how long a plastic upper reciever is going to last.I have heard of some SW,s already that have had the steel barrels loosen in the plastic reciever.To me the SW is a cheap toy.The CMMG has nothing cheap in it and uses all aluminum,actual upper and lower recievers from real AR15s.The two products just cannot be compared.The SW is someones cheap plastic copy of a AR15.The CMMG is a real AR15.

I guarentee you I could run my kids CMMG over with a truck and it will still shoot.I cannot say with any confidence at all I could do that to a SW.It would more likely break in half at the joint between the plastic reciever and barrel.His CMMG will be around long after the SW is falling apart.I could also throw his CMMG off a building with confidence and it may break the plastic magpul stock or forearm but it will still shoot.I would scared to drop a SW from any distance at all..If a plastic AR was acceptable I think our Military would have started using plastic upper recievers and lowers a long time ago.Never going to happen for many more reasons than I have even taken the time to explain.

His dedicated CMMG is not really meant to swap barrels and bolt groups either but the point is you can if you want to,the biggest thing I wanted you to take from that part of the post is the fact that the SW is in no way like a real AR15 like you stated.They DO NOT use AR15 uppers or lowers.CMMG uses 100% real lowers and upper recievers.The very same ones that are in 5.56 AR15s..It is really not that hard to understand that the SW is a proprietary design that is simply a mere copy of the AR15 design in cosmetics only.

One of the biggest reasons we bypassed the SW when we went the dedicated route other than I could not buy a
plastic gun is the fact that when he matures we can throw on a 5.56 upper on his same .22 lower and he can then have both calibers with a 2 minute swap out.

Again try that with a SW.You cannot
do it,it will always just be a cheaply produced plastic toy that is not anything like a real AR15 other than it cosmetically looks like one.You could buy one of those AR type kits for a 10-22 and have the same thing as the SW.

I always compare the plastic SW to a airsoft gun in the way of construction,although that is kinda unfair to some manufacturers in the airsoft industry as alot of them use metal recievers
and other metal parts in their airsoft guns,LOL

Geeez why do I bother trying to educate:) If you want a plastic SW by all means go ahead.Up to the buyer to make the decision that he thinks is the right one for his situation but there is no way in this world the SW is any comparison at all to the CMMG.There is a couple other fair dedicated manufacturers out there too but I will not comment much on those as I do not own their product.They too however use real AR15 recievers and lowers,not a proprietary plastic copy of AR15 recievers and lowers like Smith&Wesson does.

I tried and hopefully we have helped in some way having this discussion..Thanks

roushstage2
04-13-2012, 2:10 AM
If a plastic AR was acceptable I think our Military would have started using plastic upper recievers and lowers a long time ago.Never going to happen for many more reasons than I have even taken the time to explain.
Have polymer firearms been around for a "long time?" It's a newer concept, no? Regardless, the 15-22 is a dedicated AR-style .22LR recreational plinker/training rifle. It wasn't made to fight wars. It wasn't made to be thrown under cars, at least, AFAIK. However, polymer has come what I'm sure is a long way since it was first introduced as a replacement to the standard metal lowers...
http://www.lw15.com/

the biggest thing I wanted you to take from that part of the post is the fact that the SW is in no way like a real AR15 like you stated and the CMMG is made from real AR15 parts,sorry I have to call people out when they make false statements..
Where did I say the 15-22 was like a real AR15? I think you have me confused with another person (post #36). I said it is a dedicated .22LR AR15, which it is. However, if you refer back to my 2nd post in this thread when the OP mentioned building one since he already has a stripped lower, what company did I say to get an upper from? He wants a dedicated .22 AR. The complete 15-22 can be found cheaper or on par, price wise, than an upper alone and not including the parts needed to build the lower.

Someday hopefully you will decide it is time to get rid of the SW and move to a better option,alot of people make the mistake of buying the SW and later wisely upgrade to the CMMG.
I don't own a 15-22. I'm solely basing my opinion everything I've read about it online, and from holding it in person. My opinion of the rifle is on-par with what many here have said about the ones they own. I've got nothing to gain in trying to prove the 15-22 is better than a "real" AR22. :)

As I've already said in this thread, if the OP wants a dedicated rifle: get the 15-22. If the OP wants to build one: get a CMMG upper.

AR22
04-13-2012, 3:04 AM
Sorry it was someone else that made the just like a AR comment.Either way discussion is all good that is how we learn on these forums..

Polymer is just a fancy name for used when you want to make and market cheap crap made out of plastic as it sounds better to call it Polymer than plastic.Just like I tell people when they ask me about being a Garbage collector when I was younger.I say "I was not a garbage man I was a used materials relocation specialist" It sounds better huh? Thanks

NOTABIKER
04-13-2012, 7:57 AM
i have a mosberg tac 22. love it. 250 bucks. it does everything a 600 dollar 22lr does. i could not care less that the blow back system is not true AR. i have over 500 trouble free rounds threw my tac 22. it loves cheep wall mart federal bulk ammo.

roushstage2
04-13-2012, 8:31 AM
Sorry it was someone else that made the just like a AR comment.Either way discussion is all good that is how we learn on these forums..

Polymer is just a fancy name for used when you want to make and market cheap crap made out of plastic as it sounds better to call it Polymer than plastic.Just like I tell people when they ask me about being a Garbage collector when I was younger.I say "I was not a garbage man I was a used materials relocation specialist" It sounds better huh? Thanks
Is it really bothering you that much that you are going back up to an hour and a half after your posts and editing them to add more [negative] stuff about it? I watched your 1:32AM post change several times. Relax man. It's not that big of a deal. You can't go wrong either way. :)

tonyxcom
04-13-2012, 3:31 PM
Yeah, the force is stong in that one.

My MOE 15/22 cost less than what it would cost to build and all "metal" CMMG AR22. I also don't ever need to upgrade or convert it to a "real" AR15 so that fact that I cannot is moot for me.

Lets see. $425 (including DROS) for my MOE vs $329 for a CMMG Upper with just a handguard and another $25 for a magazine. And I still don't have a complete gun and still need to dros a lower, still need a LPK and stock kit, and I still don't even have any decent furniture.

I also don't need my 22LR plinker to pass Larry Vickers Daniel Defense Torture Test either, so the plastic is perfectly fine for me and my kid to plink with.

Like most of us have said in this thread. If you are considering a complete, dedicated 22LR than the 1522 is at the top of the list compared to all of the others out there.

Yes, a CMMG based rifle is also a solid choice, but more expensive and requires assembly.

There is no wrong answer here, ( well, maybe that Mossberg :P )

uxo2
04-14-2012, 8:32 AM
Yes the MP15/22 is nice for what it is....
If I move to another state where HiCaps for it are not an issue.
I will own one.

But for me....having a .22lr in a AR platform is important becuase I can use
my perban Hicaps from my ciener conversion.

you still cannot beat the bang for the buck a drop in kit allows.
IMHO

shadow65
04-14-2012, 9:44 AM
If you have a 5.56 lower or plan to use another caliber upper in the future, the CMMG is the way to go.
If you just want a .22 that looks like an AR, the 15/22 will fill the bill.
I don't have as much issue with the 15/22's plastic lower as much as the plastic upper, though the lower cannot accept another caliber upper.

Glocks/polymer lower hand guns do not have a steel barrel hanging off of them.
Heat and pressure on the barrel/handguard has been shown to affect POI on the 15/22 possibly and most likely due to the plastic upper. Read it on the S & W forums.
Dave N

kwansao
04-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Dont get the mossberg, its really cheap. I would avoid any ati/gsg/walther guns as well, they are glorified airsoft guns. Maybe the sig 522 or the s&w m&p 15/22.

JMP
04-14-2012, 1:50 PM
HK 416 (umarex). Cheap, and exterior feel and quality is the same as the real thing.

cmichini
04-14-2012, 1:53 PM

Build the stripped lower and get a good dedicated upper.

Many of the AR type 22's don't have the full operating parts on the lower, they're just there for looks.

Plus, this way you can always add on a larger caliber upper for zombie repellant.

roushstage2
04-14-2012, 3:00 PM
Glocks/polymer lower hand guns do not have a steel barrel hanging off of them.
It was in regards to the statement that polymer, excuse me: "cheap plastic," will simply fall apart in a short time. Granted, I'm not really into handguns at all so I'm not on the up-and-up on 'em, but I haven't heard stories about those two handguns simply coming apart after a short amount of time. :)

sean michael
04-14-2012, 6:30 PM
I love my Sig 522!

RTE
04-14-2012, 7:13 PM
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z361/chillincody420/081811214705.jpg

Someone has some serious picture cropping to do with this one.

If you painted one up to look like it was built out of Legos you could just leave it out all the time :p

Javi
04-14-2012, 7:43 PM
Wow...are we shipping our ar .22's to Afghanistan or are we plinking at the range? Hahah. My plastic toy is holding up like a champ after 1-1/2 years. If it breaks, it goes to S&W for repair on the house.

deckhandmike
04-14-2012, 8:59 PM
I got a spare lower and I still bought a MP15-22. Wouldn't change a thing. Have shot thousands of rounds through my 2nd hand MP with no issues. I abuse it like I would never do to my AR that I try to keep pristine in case of SHTF. Accuracy is way better with the proper twist and without accuracy what fun is a .22? Shooting an .22 that doesn't tack drive is boring, no recoil and no joy.

tonyxcom
04-15-2012, 12:41 AM
Many of the AR type 22's don't have the full operating parts on the lower, they're just there for looks.

Huh? What operating parts are missing on an AR Type 22 lower?

Trigger? Check.
Safety? Check.
Mag Release? Check.
Bolt Release? Check.

helpme
04-15-2012, 12:55 AM
15-22...

Javi
04-15-2012, 12:57 AM
Something to add: I drop my magazines free from the magwell at indoor ranges(i.e. Concrete). My 15-22 magazines made by 'Mattel' have had zero issues functioning after that. No chips nor cracks. I don't worry about cracking the lower & upper because I'm not going to drop my rifle! I like to shoot 300-500 rounds in a sitting and no 'flexing' shifting the point of aim although I don't own a sling for it yet.

OP, assuming you still want a dedicated .22 rifle, I think the best are the 15-22 & the Sig 522(not really an AR but it's a black rifle). At the time I was looking, I didn't like that the Sig didn't come with any sights...Thought it was pretty stupid.

NOTABIKER
04-17-2012, 8:17 AM
all i wanted is a cheep tac 22. 25 yard indoor range or 50 yard outdoor range. i did a camo job on my mosberg with a red dot sight. i get lots of compliments and it shoots great. maybe i have 320 bucks in the gun. their is a place for all price ranges. the money i saved on the mosberg i put in a new savage mark 2 tac driver. i am proud of both guns and have maybe 600 bucks in both of them. some of the other cheep tactical 22s are no better than the mosberg for much more money.

uxo2
04-17-2012, 9:03 AM
Something to keep in mind ..
With all the panic buying going on.
You might of missed the boat on buying /building a AR 22...
Parts are drying up fast almost like what happened on 08.

chucksolo69
04-17-2012, 9:26 AM
After all this time, I can't believe this type of discussion is still going on. The simple answer is: Go shoot some and get which ever one you like best.

NONE of these "tactical" .22 rifles is ever going to be used in combat and to compare them to a "real" AR 15/ M16 is ludicrous. These should be treated as fun guns, nothing more. I do agree with AR22 on one thing though, the MP 15-22 feels more like a toy than some of the all metal airsoft guns I have held. That's why I passed on it.

darqhelmet
04-17-2012, 9:41 AM
Had a sig 522 sold it to my best friend he won't sell it back. We both love that rifle it is amazing out of the box and just different enough that it still gets looks at the range. I currently own a JD lower with a CMMG upper it's great but the sig 522 still groups a bit tighter. I place that on the trigger. It has a long pull but it just breaks so clean. I am looking for a good deal on another sig to replace the one I sold.