PDA

View Full Version : ATI Mosin Stocks $59.99 from jgsales!

Markus
04-09-2012, 8:00 PM
The best way to non bubba sporterize your mosin and a hell of a deal too...

http://www.jgsales.com/-p-26.html

Cowboy T
04-10-2012, 12:29 PM
Thanks!

That's about what CTD charges as well. I've been thinking about a Boyd's as another alternative, just because of the beauty of wood.

heedless619
04-10-2012, 1:45 PM
I've heard bad fitment on some 91/30's?

sdukeric
04-26-2012, 11:57 PM
I've heard bad fitment on some 91/30's?

There's just a little bit of trimming you have to do with a dremel on the inside of the stock so that the shell loads correctly. Nothing major. Otherwise..it fits pretty good.

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l140/gixxeric/2012-04-24_15-36-25_693.jpg

Magana559
04-27-2012, 9:30 AM
what scope mount is that?

sdukeric
04-27-2012, 9:50 AM
what scope mount is that?

It is the ATI scope mount. They say it's an easy fit, it is as long as you know how to use threading tools.

I don't recommend someone who has never used threading tools before do it on their own.

It comes with the some of the threading tools you need, but is missing a bottoming tap which is needed for the fitment of the bolt handle. I had to use my own. You will need your own tap handle also. But if you are careful enough and go slow..an adjustable wrench will work.

The drill bits they give aren't really made for stainless either so make sure to do smaller pilot holes first, or you'll be drilling for days.

All in all it is a very nice scope mount and I like it a lot.

CEDaytonaRydr
04-27-2012, 10:43 AM
I have one on my 91/59. I thought it would help with the recoil...

...it didn't. :o

McNally M.
04-28-2012, 10:11 AM
These stocks make the Mosin Nagant look so nice. I got one from a fellow Calgunner for really cheap. The feel is great too. But watch out, be cause sometimes the barrelled action will not feel quite snug into the grooves of the stock. My buddy purchased one off of Amazon and the thing must've been warped because the front end of the stock would not accept the barrel. Must've been a bad batch because that is some what of a rarity with these stocks.

CEDaytonaRydr
04-30-2012, 2:58 PM
But watch out, be cause sometimes the barrelled action will not feel quite snug into the grooves of the stock. My buddy purchased one off of Amazon and the thing must've been warped because the front end of the stock would not accept the barrel. Must've been a bad batch because that is some what of a rarity with these stocks.

They're all like that.

You have to "inlet" the barrel and in some cases, the trigger to accept your specific rifle.