PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Great first impressions with my AK.... NOT!! (added pics)

AK all day
04-09-2012, 4:26 PM
I bought a WASR 10/63 from turners a few weeks back, and I was very excited to shoot it today, and it just blew smoke in my face.... I fired ONE SHOT and the firing pin broke and punched a hole in the back of the casings primer. This threw carbon into my face, and I was like ??? What the heck? Then I tried again and it just went click... And click...click.. Lol.. This is a pretty fustrating first experience. Any info you guys could give me on why this happened or where or who I should talk to would be great. I doubt century will give a crap, but I would like to try and get this fixed without spending extra money. Thanks a lot guys..

connorr93
04-09-2012, 4:34 PM
I wouldnt let this turn you off to AK's. Send it back

RugerFanRyan
04-09-2012, 4:37 PM
I wouldnt let this turn you off to AK's. Send it back

This.

AK's are a lot of fun. Like all guns though, it may not be perfect.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

AK all day
04-09-2012, 4:38 PM
Problem is... I have put a weeks worth of work into the stocks. Everything else checked out on the rifle also, so I dont really want to end up with something worse. Turners announced that Century told them that WASRs would no longer be sent out. So I'm not sure if that means there is no more or not.

chead
04-09-2012, 4:38 PM
If you're punching primers, send it back. There are several things that could be wrong, none of which you're going to want to try to fix yourself if you're new to AKs.

Problem is... I have put a weeks worth of work into the stocks. Everything else checked out on the rifle also, so I dont really want to end up with something worse. Turners announced that Century told them that WASRs would no longer be sent out. So I'm not sure if that means there is no more or not.

They're phasing out the WASR series for for the M10s but there should be plenty of WASRs in the pipe. Most shops get them by the crate-load. As for the wood, it's a hard lesson. If you really want, you could just buy some cheap WASR wood online and ship it back with that.

antmarc217
04-09-2012, 4:43 PM
Damn. I been reading that other "Arsenal or....." ak thread as I was purchasing my first AK platform aroound the same time as you. I was just going to go with a wasr becase of availability, decided to go with an M&M M10 since everything is new in it. (Turners f*cked up and I'm still waiting for a new shipment, everything paid for, pick up was last Monday).
Anyways I feel your pain bro. Must be real frustrating, I know you've been talking about this rifle for a few weeks now. Good luck!

antmarc217
04-09-2012, 4:45 PM
And it seems as if the myth with WASRs are true. They're hit or miss.

AK all day
04-09-2012, 4:45 PM
So what about my Work on the stocks? Turners told me to basically Eff myself, and it's not their problem, which it's not, but it would have been nice if they at least could have given me some options hah.. I have century does not care about claims. Any truth to that?

antmarc217
04-09-2012, 4:47 PM
I'd call century just to verify

Carsgunsandchics
04-09-2012, 4:51 PM
Pictures of the firing pin please. And one with firing pin protrusion thru the bolt face.

ChaneRZ
04-09-2012, 4:53 PM
Might be a headspace issue? I think he said that the firing pin is broken now.

AK all day
04-09-2012, 4:54 PM
@carsgunsandchicks
I will try and get pictures up later, I currently can't. I don't know if it helps, but the 3 shots I tried after it happened had very broad dents in them. The casing I fired that it broke on had a hole in the back of it and what appeard to be the firing pin tip. Do you have a picture of one that is not broken for me to reference to? Thanks

Carsgunsandchics
04-09-2012, 4:58 PM
Might be a headspace issue? I think he said that the firing pin is broken now.

That's why I wanted a firing pin protrusion pic, if the firing pin is out a 1/4" and the shoulder has been beaten back by dry firing that would be a good indication of it's just a firing pin problem vs bad headspacing.

AK all day
04-09-2012, 5:03 PM
It never was sticking out 1/4" I can tell you that. I don't think the shoulder has any damage. I will check in about 30 min.

ChaneRZ
04-09-2012, 5:03 PM
Here's my one of my WASR's firing pin...Sorry it is a bit dirty.
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h413/chanerz12/cc465c8b.jpg
http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/h413/chanerz12/7383fe3b.jpg

AK all day
04-09-2012, 5:13 PM
Thanks for the picture. My pin is sticking out about that far but with a much greater deface area, since I believe it was broken. This very well might have been a worn shoulder or over protrusion.

SURVIVOR619
04-09-2012, 5:32 PM
ChaneRZ, good job on the 'safety first'! :D

Dillon Jury, dang man! I've been reading about your WASR endeavors for a few weeks, too. Really bummed this happened. I'm a total rifle amateur so I can't offer you any good advice other than what you're already doing - looking to your CGN brethren for some good advice. There are plenty of AK champs on here for sure.

Good Luck!

AK all day
04-09-2012, 5:41 PM
Yeah I'm hoping I can get some guidance. It's really a bummer. One shot.... Lol well the casings primer is completely flat as well as the text on the back of casing is almost not visible due to over pressure I believe. This does not seem good...

Capybara
04-09-2012, 6:28 PM
Sorry to hear that Dillon, you must be very disappointed, I know I would be. I know nothing about AKs, other than I want to buy one eventually so let us know how Turners resolves this and what you have to go through to resolve this.

Colt-45
04-09-2012, 6:31 PM

True, strange thing is people STILL believe and have faith in Century.

AK all day
04-09-2012, 6:57 PM
Yeah, I'm pretty much in need of help still. I don't know exactly what happened so I don't really know what to do or what to fix. I can't really get pictures up till tommorow so that might help. What I do know is that the firing pin is broken. The casing I fired has hole in the back of it, with what looks like the tip of the firing pin stuck in it. *sigh..... Next AK will be build for sure...

Mamluke
04-09-2012, 7:01 PM
Dang! On the first round!!! Sorry bro, It does sound like a firing pin issue, your best friend now is AK Builder.com

My AKMS is a Century rifle, got lucky I guess from what I hear, I have a little over 3000 rounds through it & no issues, save for the safety selector creeping up when firing! Easy fix though, I bend it and it seems to be working well now.

Like they said, don't let that turn you off from AKs & hope its an easy fix for you.

tujungatoes
04-09-2012, 7:14 PM
Yeah I'm hoping I can get some guidance. It's really a bummer. One shot.... Lol well the casings primer is completely flat as well as the text on the back of casing is almost not visible due to over pressure I believe. This does not seem good...

What kind of ammo? Those sound like a signs of extreme overpressure.

AK all day
04-09-2012, 7:16 PM
That's what I was thinking but it's just Tulammo.... These rounds are usually lower than average in terms of pressure.

Yemff
04-09-2012, 7:24 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=558309

pyro3k2
04-09-2012, 7:26 PM
I had a similar problem on one of my other rifles. The problem ended up being the firing pin hole was out of spec, so when the primer was struck the soft metal warped around the firing pin and clogged it shut. So the next few rounds would not fire because the pieces of primer where preventing the pin from contacting the primer. I simply changed the bolt and the problem went away. If the rifle is still under some sort of warranty or if Turners CS is good then I would take the rifle back and have them handle it, if not then a new bolt will be needed and then recheck head space.

ns209
04-09-2012, 7:55 PM
Dillion was it the first time you shot it?

AK all day
04-09-2012, 7:59 PM
The very first time I have ever shot any AK and the first round the be chambered in the gun blew carbon in my face... Yes..

e36mike
04-09-2012, 8:06 PM
Damn I remember that fussy thread about arsenals sucking and wasrs being just as good. Welp looks like your gun proved that wrong twice. that really sucks though. I'd just get it taken care of and demand free ammo. :cool:

ns209
04-09-2012, 8:07 PM
Damn that sucks hope they fix it for you, you and me got are ak's at the same time it took you some time to shoot it. I shot mine the first day i picked it up. Good luck bud!

CSACANNONEER
04-09-2012, 8:11 PM
Commie block ammo doesn't have the highest QC. It could be the ammo or the rifle. I'd get someone who knows AKs tho check the rifle and the headspacing. It might be cheaper and easier to fix it yourself than deal with trying to get it fixed.

AK all day
04-09-2012, 8:12 PM
I don't know who will fix it lol.... I'm stuck in a pickle because I don't know what's wrong with it, I'm broke, turners told me its not their problem, and I can't really get it swapped by century because I spent a lot of time refinishing the wood, and I also very much doubt they will send me free parts via the mail.... To be honest I still don't even know exactly what's wrong with it.

CSACANNONEER
04-09-2012, 8:15 PM
Damn I remember that fussy thread about arsenals sucking and wasrs being just as good. Welp looks like your gun proved that wrong twice. that really sucks though. I'd just get it taken care of and demand free ammo. :cool:

Wow, :facepalm: an internet expert that is positive the gun and not the ammo is to blame. I'd love to know how you can be so sure. :confused:

BTW, your logic is perfect. If Arsenals suck and WASRs are "just as good" doesn't that just mean that they both suck?:p

AK all day
04-09-2012, 8:40 PM
Does anybody know a good AK forum where I can some better information possibly?

e36mike
04-09-2012, 8:42 PM
Wow, :facepalm: an internet expert that is positive the gun and not the ammo is to blame. I'd love to know how you can be so sure. :confused:

BTW, your logic is perfect. If Arsenals suck and WASRs are "just as good" doesn't that just mean that they both suck?:p

If it was the ammo wouldn't that just be another negative for the wasr? Can't even shoot cheap ammo? Get a box of fiochi and see what happens.. that sucks ur not covered by the shop. I'll put it this way . I bought my arsenal shot it first time no problems. I have only shot tulammo since I've had it and put 1500 of em through it so far. It didn't have canted sights and wasnt made 30 years ago. Shouldn't have said anything don't want another battle thread... good luck with ur wasr.

m03
04-09-2012, 8:45 PM

Here: http://www.theakforum.net/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=10

...or here: http://www.akfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=4

billdeserthills
04-09-2012, 8:57 PM
Are you the original purchaser of this AK? If so just buy some cheap replacement wood (as suggested) then call your FFL, ask them to contact Century on your behalf & have the gun sent back. I don't know about where you live, but in Arizona I can legally ship this gun back via USPS since Century is the manufacturer.

clutchy
04-09-2012, 9:00 PM
Are you the guy I met in walmart on california st and we got you a couple boxes of tulammo from that russian doctor who bought it all?

bummer about your rifle man :(

ChaneRZ
04-09-2012, 9:01 PM
AR15.com go to ak section, also akfiles.com

tujungatoes
04-09-2012, 9:02 PM

You're on one. The gunsmithing section here on CG has some of the most experienced builders in the country.

If you want to make the drive out to San Fernando I'd be happy to help.

AK all day
04-09-2012, 9:17 PM
Thanks tutungatoes, I will see what happens and keep that in mind. And yes I am the original owner of rifle. I called turners and like I said, they said its not their problem. I plan to call back tommorow and try and talk to a manager.

CSACANNONEER
04-09-2012, 9:37 PM
If it was the ammo wouldn't that just be another negative for the wasr? Can't even shoot cheap ammo? Get a box of fiochi and see what happens.. that sucks ur not covered by the shop. I'll put it this way . I bought my arsenal shot it first time no problems. I have only shot tulammo since I've had it and put 1500 of em through it so far. It didn't have canted sights and wasnt made 30 years ago. Shouldn't have said anything don't want another battle thread... good luck with ur wasr.

Bad ammo can blow up the best gun. Your post really scares the crap out of me. How can anyone, who knows anything about firearms, think that a firearm should be able to shoot out of spec ammo? If the primer had too much priming compound, the case had too much powder, the flash hole was partialy blocked, etc. ANY firearm would have done the same thing.

OK, so you bought an overpriced Saiga conversion and ran enough ammo through it to justify taking it out for a weekend. Big deal. One gun and a weekend's worth of ammo isn't a good statistical sample. WASRs weren't made 30 years ago. You obviously don't have a clue if you think they were. Canted sights are normally not an issue but, even Saigas end up with canted sights once in a while. The whole beauty of the AK platform is that they are mass produced, inexpensive, reliable firearms with extremely loose tolerances which include being able to be assembled and zeroed with canted sights. I've got over a dozen AKs including a Saiga and 3 WASRs (x39, .223 and .22lr). None of mine have canted sights. All of them run as well as any Saiga conversion. I've fired a couple more pallets of ammo than you say you have. I've been around a few AKs. I've had somewhere betwee 500 and 800 AKs manufactured at my home. I've spoken to many AK manufacturers (Arsenal, Krebs, Century, IO, etc.) and handled their wares at SHOT SHOWs over the last 8 years. As far as knowing something about ammo and what bad ammo can do, I've reloaded many cartridges from .25acp to 50BMG and .410 to 12g. I've made mistakes and, I've learned from other reloaders' mistakes. Seemingly minor things can drastically affect how ammo performs.

I'm not saying that the case in question is definately due to faulty (not just inexpensive) ammo or due to a defective firearm. There just isn't enough information to come to a conclusion. Well, unless one has the extensive experience that you have. I'm so glad that you were here to set us all straight.

Travis590A1
04-09-2012, 9:57 PM
My I.O. sporter is doing the same thing except I put about 100 rounds through it and about 20 had been punched all the way through the primers and 5 or 6 took nice hard deep hits on the primer but no bang...I called I.O. and they are sending me a couple of new firing pins but they say they cant sent a new bolt due to the fact they match every bolt to every gun so they would need my rifle to equip a new bolt...my gun still fires and functions fine until it has 70+ rounds through it then the excess gas and gunk sticks to my hammer and causes it the bolt to get caught on it, a simple rack of the bolt and it goes into battery and is ready to go. I feel your pain though I purchased my rifle back in november and have had 3 different replacement rifles since my first had a warped reciever my second had a major canted gas tube and now this....Im not having luck with aks either. Its making think about turning to the AR team lol

AK all day
04-09-2012, 10:03 PM
Well Travis, sucks to hear your in a bad situation also. My gun would not fire any more after the first one so I'm not sure if our problems are entirely related, but who knows. It would be great if Century could send me a new firing pin! I will call tommorow and and see what they can do or reccomend for me. Good luck with IO, at least they seem to be corroperating with you.

Mamluke
04-09-2012, 10:05 PM
Thanks tutungatoes, I will see what happens and keep that in mind.....

It's tutankhamun ... actually

http://www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk/Homework/egypt/images/tma.jpg

... and Pharaoh 3k2 is right on the money, replace the BOLT

..... what do you mean you ain't getting enough help here?!!!

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9Dn6aVSZoqKtLEGa1fzW8dpde6EYRH lsuJ16an_fQj5wx-8kgKZDS9gXT

........ :43:

AK all day
04-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Lol don't take me wrong mamluke, I love the great help I get here. I am always looking to soak up as much info as possible though, so I try and keep my sources open ended. I would just replace the bolt, but it's original to my gun and has almost no signs of wear. Not only this but $80 for a new bolt in a gun I just paid $610 for is not really ideal as a first ditch option. Thanks for your input though man. It is now embedded in my frontal lobe lol.

PandaLuv
04-09-2012, 10:26 PM
Build one or convert a saiga.

Chaos47
04-09-2012, 11:01 PM
Lol don't take me wrong mamluke, I love the great help I get here. I am always looking to soak up as much info as possible though, so I try and keep my sources open ended. I would just replace the bolt, but it's original to my gun and has almost no signs of wear. Not only this but $80 for a new bolt in a gun I just paid $610 for is not really ideal as a first ditch option. Thanks for your input though man. It is now embedded in my frontal lobe lol.

80? More like 40ish..
Take your pick:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_91/products_id/1531

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1263

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1229

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1939

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1353

Dang 610? I got my WASR for 300 out the door back in the day!

Travis590A1
04-09-2012, 11:46 PM
80? More like 40ish..
Take your pick:

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/cPath/21_91/products_id/1531

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1263

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1229

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1939

https://www.apexgunparts.com/product_info.php/products_id/1353

Dang 610? I got my WASR for 300 out the door back in the day!

I was told that you need to have a gun checked over by a smithy after swapping a bolt due to head spacing issues...

BruinGuy
04-09-2012, 11:54 PM
Replacing the firing pin and trying again seems like a dangerous path to take. It may end up breaking another or worse.

Take Toes up on his offer of help. He's got the knowledge and tools to fix it if it can be fixed, and if it can't be he won't bs you about it, in which case a return is the only real option.

I have a feeling you'll have that WASR chugging along in no time, so keep the faith man!

Chaos47
04-09-2012, 11:57 PM
I was told that you need to have a gun checked over by a smithy after swapping a bolt due to head spacing issues...

Probably should check the headspace when changing a bolt, yes.
Seem's tujungatoes is offering to help and I assume he can do it.

My post is still valid, there are cheaper bolts out there...

KandyRedCoi
04-10-2012, 2:08 AM
pics would really help

e36mike
04-10-2012, 4:29 AM
Bad ammo can blow up the best gun. Your post really scares the crap out of me. How can anyone, who knows anything about firearms, think that a firearm should be able to shoot out of spec ammo? If the primer had too much priming compound, the case had too much powder, the flash hole was partialy blocked, etc. ANY firearm would have done the same thing.

OK, so you bought an overpriced Saiga conversion and ran enough ammo through it to justify taking it out for a weekend. Big deal. One gun and a weekend's worth of ammo isn't a good statistical sample. WASRs weren't made 30 years ago. You obviously don't have a clue if you think they were. Canted sights are normally not an issue but, even Saigas end up with canted sights once in a while. The whole beauty of the AK platform is that they are mass produced, inexpensive, reliable firearms with extremely loose tolerances which include being able to be assembled and zeroed with canted sights. I've got over a dozen AKs including a Saiga and 3 WASRs (x39, .223 and .22lr). None of mine have canted sights. All of them run as well as any Saiga conversion. I've fired a couple more pallets of ammo than you say you have. I've been around a few AKs. I've had somewhere betwee 500 and 800 AKs manufactured at my home. I've spoken to many AK manufacturers (Arsenal, Krebs, Century, IO, etc.) and handled their wares at SHOT SHOWs over the last 8 years. As far as knowing something about ammo and what bad ammo can do, I've reloaded many cartridges from .25acp to 50BMG and .410 to 12g. I've made mistakes and, I've learned from other reloaders' mistakes. Seemingly minor things can drastically affect how ammo performs.

I'm not saying that the case in question is definately due to faulty (not just inexpensive) ammo or due to a defective firearm. There just isn't enough information to come to a conclusion. Well, unless one has the extensive experience that you have. I'm so glad that you were here to set us all straight.

point is when it comes down to it.. wasrs just don't always cut it off the shelf. If it was the ammo then u can say what u will but it wasn't. This and plenty of other cases just prove this. I'm not sayin they aren't capable but its like a 3/5 chance. Wasr denial. 800$ overpriced? Well at least it goes bang.

AK all day
04-10-2012, 5:16 AM
Thanks a ton guys, great info that will help me. Do you really think that if I swap the firing pin, that it would not work or be dangerous? I will get pictures up this afternoon, that may help.. Lol

cannon
04-10-2012, 6:17 AM
I hate to volunteer someone else but... AK's are not complicated rifles. Nor are they fine pieces of european craftsmanship. They were not designed to be.

I have been to more than a few build parties and seen many defects/problems easily diagnosed and cured.

I suspect trained and knowledgable eyes can diagnose and fix your problem rather quickly. To me it would be easier to spend a day sorting it out than doing a swap with the store visits, waits and pig in a poke of the next rifle.

TujungaToes has that knowledge and experience. Go to San Fernando and have him look it over. A few bucks for gas could have you owning a perfectly functioning AK.

If he tells you to trade it in. I have some old Romy G stocks you can slap on it for the trade in.

AK all day
04-10-2012, 6:30 AM
Thanks a lot cannon, I'm hoping after I get some detailed pics up I might be able to get it diagnosed. If all else fails and I still don't know what's wrong with it, or what to do, I will turn for some hands on help. Thanks for your input.

Mail Clerk
04-10-2012, 6:37 AM
I don't know who will fix it lol.... I'm stuck in a pickle because I don't know what's wrong with it, I'm broke, turners told me its not their problem, and I can't really get it swapped by century because I spent a lot of time refinishing the wood, and I also very much doubt they will send me free parts via the mail.... To be honest I still don't even know exactly what's wrong with it.

Dillon Jury,

Yeah your in a pickle all right! I'd not consult a good gunsmith in your area for repairs. In the mean time give it a good cleaning and see if the firing pins isn't just stuck for some reason.

Mail Clerk:oji:

CSACANNONEER
04-10-2012, 7:09 AM
point is when it comes down to it.. wasrs just don't always cut it off the shelf. If it was the ammo then u can say what u will but it wasn't. This and plenty of other cases just prove this. I'm not sayin they aren't capable but its like a 3/5 chance. Wasr denial. 800$ overpriced? Well at least it goes bang.

Please, show me how you know this. So far, there just isn't enough data for anyone (except someone with your expertise) to know exactly what happened. I just want to learn from you. No WASR denial here. My $300 Saiga goes bang the same as your $800 one does. My $320 WASRs go bang, my homebuilds go bang.

Now, for another question. Do you feel proud to support a company like Arsenal which has a long and proactive history of keeping firearms out of the hands of Californians? The money that you gave Arsenal would have done less anti-gun damage if you had just donated it straight to the Brady Camp.

fighterpilot562
04-10-2012, 7:20 AM
sry about that man that really sucks. send it back and give it another try

tujungatoes
04-10-2012, 8:29 AM
Pics are a must. I would consider a bolt swap only as a last resort.

e36mike
04-10-2012, 8:33 AM
Please, show me how you know this. So far, there just isn't enough data for anyone (except someone with your expertise) to know exactly what happened. I just want to learn from you. No WASR denial here. My $300 Saiga goes bang the same as your $800 one does. My $320 WASRs go bang, my homebuilds go bang.

Now, for another question. Do you feel proud to support a company like Arsenal which has a long and proactive history of keeping firearms out of the hands of Californians? The money that you gave Arsenal would have done less anti-gun damage if you had just donated it straight to the Brady Camp.
I gave money to my local gun shop. Supported them so they could keep doing business and keep guns in Californians arms. They buy from arsenal that's their business. but me i go in the store and I'm looking for a quality firearm not politics.. they make a quality firearm off the shelf. Wasrs are fine rifles, I'm just saying you buy 30 and buy 30 arsenals (or any other saiga/non wasrs around the price point)well see how many have issues. The op was strayed away from arsenals because of many bunk reasons and it looks he may have been happier tobspend the extra money. Hopefully he gets it sorted out swiftly and can enjoy his rifle.. but for couple hundred more I gurantee he wouldnt had canted sights or this issue.

kotton
04-10-2012, 8:42 AM
I guess after all the canted sights and canted gas blocks, it isnt much of a suprise that something else in a WASR can be out of spec. If it was me I would def bring it in to a gunsmith or some AK wiz and have it looked over. The good news is that this is the chosen type of rifle by peasant dirt farmers worldwide, and they seem to be able to keep em going, so I doubt you'll be in the hole with the repair.

Scott Connors
04-10-2012, 9:02 AM
I hate to volunteer someone else but... AK's are not complicated rifles. Nor are they fine pieces of european craftsmanship. They were not designed to be.

I have been to more than a few build parties and seen many defects/problems easily diagnosed and cured.

I suspect trained and knowledgable eyes can diagnose and fix your problem rather quickly. To me it would be easier to spend a day sorting it out than doing a swap with the store visits, waits and pig in a poke of the next rifle.

TujungaToes has that knowledge and experience. Go to San Fernando and have him look it over. A few bucks for gas could have you owning a perfectly functioning AK.

If he tells you to trade it in. I have some old Romy G stocks you can slap on it for the trade in.

It says a lot about CAI that their "professionals" (in the sense of "Do this for a living") can't turn out a better product than what a bunch of amateurs (in the sense of "in it for the sheer love of it," not the sense of "incompetent or unskilled"). The good news is that, unlike your pregnant girl friend, you can un@#$% a CAR AK. :rolleyes:

dougolupski
04-10-2012, 9:14 AM

Yep and mine was a hit. I picked it up last Tuesday from Turners and took it out friday and saturday. Sights are dead nuts, action is super smooth and it through about 500 rounds down range. So dont let it turn you off on them once its going it is fantastic to shoot.

CIA WASR 10/63 made 1969

RustyMacHine
04-10-2012, 9:43 AM
That's what I was thinking but it's just Tulammo.... These rounds are usually lower than average in terms of pressure.

Well, I bought 500 rnds of TulAmmo from Wal-Mart last year and it had a few (about 5) hang fires from that batch. I'm just saying.

AK all day
04-10-2012, 10:35 AM
@rusty machine
What rifle where you using?

RustyMacHine
04-10-2012, 11:01 AM
@rusty machine
What rifle where you using?

An AK or 2 :p ... The ammo was 7.62x39 and the hang fires happened in both my home built AMD and a Romanian built WASR.

The first time this happened I thought it was the rifle (AMD) but then it also happened in the WASR w/c I never had any problems with since I owned it.

I'm not saying the problem you're experiencing is caused by the ammo or your rifle. I'm just saying that I've experienced issues with a batch of Tulammo.

Chaos47
04-10-2012, 11:10 AM

You do realize that even if there was say 100 posts a year about bad rifles there are thousands of rifles that are not being posted about because they are perfectly fine.

That goes for any gun.

3/5? :facepalm:

AK all day
04-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Yeah I guess luck is not on my side. On the bright side, the sights are not canted, very little mag wobble, and was in decent shape. So all else is great besides this issue. So far I'm thinking it's the firing pin, but I will get photos up later to maybe get more information on what could be wrong. No need to argue which rifle is better in this thread. Telling me I should have bought a different rifle doesn't really help me physically or mentally. Thanks again guys.

antmarc217
04-10-2012, 11:46 AM
Hopefully it's just the firing pin or maybe ammo.
In all honesty, I still wouldn't mind purchasing a wasr in the future as long as they're gtg from the factory. Whether the purchase is a cheap .22 rifle or .50 cal, WASR or arsenal, some type of sport AR vs. An LMT, as consumers we expect products to work out the box. Not have to experience frustration and have to tinker with anything.
Might as well build everything we own right? It does suck that this happens more often with WASRs (or atleast people are more public about the problems).
I have 2 friends that purchased WASRs in the past 4 months. No problems so far. Which is why I considered gettting one self.
If CAI cared to fix the problem and upped the QC then I'm definitely getting one.

Travis590A1
04-10-2012, 11:55 AM
Well, I bought 500 rnds of TulAmmo from Wal-Mart last year and it had a few (about 5) hang fires from that batch. I'm just saying.

Tula ammo has been givin me issues with my Sporter as well. I had a bout 20 punched primers and 5 or 6 duds in a batch of about 100. I have heard good and bad things about tula but I have heard as of late the duds have been very common. I fired white box and it functioned perfect so who knows.

DinoPJR
04-10-2012, 1:01 PM
BUMMER MAN. My Wasr 10/63 works flawlessly, its even pretty darn accurate. never had a FTF or FTE. Hope you have better luck!

mif_slim
04-10-2012, 1:48 PM
What kind of ammo? Those sound like a signs of extreme overpressure.

Thats what Im thinking. If you reload you know that a punched primer means really high pressure. The load might of been a faulty round or, when the ammo chambered, might of pushed the bullet back enough to create high pressure to punch primers....but I can only say that much as I dont own any AK besides SKS and Saiga.

Mamluke
04-10-2012, 2:16 PM
I guess after all the canted sights and canted gas blocks, it isnt much of a suprise that something else in a WASR can be out of spec. If it was me I would def bring it in to a gunsmith or some AK wiz and have it looked over. The good news is that this is the chosen type of rifle by peasant dirt farmers worldwide, and they seem to be able to keep em going, so I doubt you'll be in the hole with the repair.

LOL ... yeah that's SO TRUE, but not only for the DIRT 'peasant farmers' ...

I don't want to piss on Dillon's parade, but $610 for a WASR when you can get a Polish AKMS like mine for $589 (yes, Straightline Tactical in Anaheim has them!) ... !!!!

Just got back from the National Forest, and the thing ran like a sewing machine as always, about 3300 rnds so FAR! ...

Here's a video from a DIRTY PEASANT FARMER ...lol .. :43:

W8Qyal4wu6k

.... fix it bud, & never look back; you dirty peasant farmer you ... :chris:

AK all day
04-10-2012, 2:43 PM
LOL ... yeah that's SO TRUE, but not only for the DIRT 'peasant farmers' ...

I don't want to piss on Dillon's parade, but $610 for a WASR when you can get a Polish AKMS like mine for $589 (yes, Straightline Tactical in Anaheim has them!) ... !!!!

Just got back from the National Forest, and the thing ran like a sewing machine as always, about 3300 rnds so FAR! ...

Here's a video from a DIRTY PEASANT FARMER ...lol .. :43:

W8Qyal4wu6k

.... fix it bud, & never look back; you dirty peasant farmer you ... :chris:

This is NOT my last AK rifle so in the future I will be building or really looking into my options. I WAS happy with my WASRs quality and did not regret purchusing it, and still don't. I just want it to work! lol I definatly want a "folder of some sort", I want to keep my arsenal diverse. Hey maybe even a PSL :rolleyes: On a side note, pictures of all destroyed pieces in 5 minutes.

AK all day
04-10-2012, 2:48 PM
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t501/DillonJury/041.jpg

This is one of the rounds that I attempted to fire after the malfunction.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t501/DillonJury/039.jpg

Bolt face, no firing pin in

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t501/DillonJury/033-1.jpg

Firing pin itself

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t501/DillonJury/029.jpg

Bolt with firing protrusion after the damage occurred.

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t501/DillonJury/024.jpg

And my pretty-broken rifle (pun intended) :43:

Hope this helps to diagnose the real issue. Let me know if you would like a picture of anything else.

Mamluke
04-10-2012, 4:02 PM
Bootyfull rifle ... :D

Good job on the wood finish

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t501/DillonJury/024.jpg

Good job on the wood finish ;)

AK all day
04-10-2012, 4:11 PM
@mamluke
Yeah she looks good, but won't spit lead haha. Well soon, I hope.... Soon. :)

CSACANNONEER
04-10-2012, 4:18 PM
Yep and mine was a hit. I picked it up last Tuesday from Turners and took it out friday and saturday. Sights are dead nuts, action is super smooth and it through about 500 rounds down range. So dont let it turn you off on them once its going it is fantastic to shoot.

CIA WASR 10/63 made 1969

Really? A Brand new rifle that was made in '69. I doubt it. I'm not doubting that it had parts dated 1969. But, the rifle wasn't manufactured then.

dougolupski
04-10-2012, 4:36 PM
well that was receiver stamp. Per the US rules I am sure there are a ton of parts that were made last year. Still makes me happy every time it goes boom though sorry OP, I'm sure you will be stoked with once shes firing on all cylinders.

AK all day
04-10-2012, 4:40 PM
Yup, mine is 1965 stamped and looks good, and I don't think the age has anything to do with this Failer. Does anybody know what exactly happened to firing pin or my bolt?

pyro3k2
04-10-2012, 7:30 PM
Yup, mine is 1965 stamped and looks good, and I don't think the age has anything to do with this Failure. Does anybody know what exactly happened to firing pin or my bolt?

probably just built from worn out parts from the factory. Sad to say this but it happens some times and i'm willing to bet good money that if their QC actually paid attention and started checking parts from the get go WASR's wouldn't have such a horrible history/reputation.

Sicilian
04-10-2012, 7:47 PM
Have you contacted the seller or manufacturer yet?
No one here will be able to tell you exactly what is wrong with your weapon unless they inspect it in person.
You are gonna have to take it to a smith or take all of your upgrades off and send it back.
Unfortunately there is no easy fix to your problem. If you are perforating primers then the problem is beyond anything you will be able to tackle yourself. You can't just replace the bolt on an AK either. If the weapon is new then let the manufacturer deal with it. I wish there was a better answer, but there just isn't. Sorry.

Sicilian
04-10-2012, 7:48 PM
No one here will be able to tell you exactly what is wrong with your weapon unless they inspect it in person.
You are gonna have to take it to a smith or take all of your upgrades off and send it back.
Unfortunately there is no easy fix to your problem. If you are perforating primers then the problem is beyond anything you will be able to tackle yourself. You can't just replace the bolt on an AK either. If the weapon is new then let the manufacturer deal with it. I wish there was a better answer, but there just isn't. Sorry.

RobGR
04-10-2012, 7:56 PM

Century is notorious for giving their customers the run around, so don't even bother, they will not "make it right". This is another reason why you can find a lot of negative posts about that company. What is it they say, yeah, it's warrantied for a year, not from date of purchase but date of production!

Take it to Toes and learn something in the process.

If you have no other means to resolve the issue, then send it to those morons.

It'll get fixed, it definitely sucks for now, but all problems can and will be resolved. I'm sure you'll be on the firing line in no time.

Cheers.

STAGE 2
04-10-2012, 8:08 PM
My condolences to the op. Nothing sucks more than having your new gun go t**ts up on you.

However am I the only one here who sees the irony of many telling him to not buy an arsenal in the other thread only to have a wasr break on him? Yeah I know anything can happen, but odds are it wouldn't and if it did he would have had a factory warranty to resolve the issue.

KandyRedCoi
04-10-2012, 8:16 PM
my Saiga has been ridiculously flawless...i keep it featureless unconverted bang bang bishesss

AK all day
04-10-2012, 8:23 PM
Well, my other parts have almost no signs of wear, finish still is nice, black and thick. i have filed the firing pin down back to a better shape (as told by tujungatoes) and am going to take it out to the range and try different ammo. If it still fails to work, or blows another primer, then I'm in serious doodoo... god can only hope that all I need is a new firing pin.

KandyRedCoi
04-10-2012, 8:30 PM
my buddy picks his up from turners in about 10days...i told him to thouroughly inspect it...for all the AK pros: what should he be inspecting on the rifle? or pay a close attention to?

thanks

RobGR
04-10-2012, 8:30 PM
My condolences to the op. Nothing sucks more than having your new gun go t**ts up on you.

However am I the only one here who sees the irony of many telling him to not buy an arsenal in the other thread only to have a wasr break on him? Yeah I know anything can happen, but odds are it wouldn't and if it did he would have had a factory warranty to resolve the issue.

No, you are not, but no need to bring it up at this point either. What's done is done, now it's just about helping him out. OP did his research, he bought what he wanted, just unfortunate what happened.

AK all day
04-10-2012, 8:31 PM
If it works......lol :hide:

Vinz
04-10-2012, 8:46 PM

I bet you'll learn a bunch too....which is what you need to maintain these safely.

RobGR
04-10-2012, 8:58 PM
my buddy picks his up from turners in about 10days...i told him to thouroughly inspect it...for all the AK pros: what should he be inspecting on the rifle? or pay a close attention to?

thanks

Trigger:

The correct procedure to verify if the trigger system is working; with the gun unloaded and the top cover off, hold the trigger in all the way, then pull back the hammer (pushing it past the sear/disconnector) until the sear clicks on to the hammer's flat surface area. Then slowly release the trigger very gently until the sear slides off the flat and you will hear a distinctive "click", then pull the trigger all the way back and the hammer will release and you will hear a second click. This is a basic safety check to verify that your trigger system is operating safely and properly, you can also look for any other areas around the trigger when there may be a clearance issue.

Check the parts, like, uhm, make sure they didn't ship an AK74 bolt with your AK47 bolt carrier, b/c this has happened with Century. Watch some youtube vids on field stripping the AK platform, there are plenty of them, it's really easy to do and he should to that before he heads to the range. Check for obstructions, clean out debris and even though it's not necessarily needed, spray some Rem oil in there, on the bolt carrier rails.

When he racks it, tell him not to ride it forward, let it slap forward. If it hangs up, there might be some burrs in the rails, like my Draco, just need a light sanding with some fine grit sandpaper. Do not sand down the ak47 ejector, which is on the rail.

Or he can just go shoot it without doing anything and let it fly. But I would never do that personally.

Additionally, I'm no "pro", but I do love the platform and do shoot as much as I can.

KandyRedCoi
04-10-2012, 9:11 PM
thanks robgr!

RobGR
04-10-2012, 9:15 PM
Anytime. And let us know how it goes for him, maybe there's a ray of hope fro some WASRs out there. J/K

Additionally, if he plans on zeroing the iron sights, which may already be zeroed, he should buy one of these - AK47 Windage Tool (http://www.amazon.com/SKS-Front-Sight-Ajustment-Tool/dp/B000TN1QVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334120712&sr=8-1)

Don't complain about cantered sights until he actually shoots it. My front sight post (adjusted on the windage drum) on my Romy G is all the way over to the left or right, I don't remember but it's definitely not centered, and it hits dead center.

arsilva32
04-10-2012, 9:44 PM

you did see where he said the primer was flat and you could barley see the wording on the back of the casing right? i know your trying realy hard to make wasrs to be a p.o.s but this sounds like a over charged round to me, def a over pressure issue making ammo a real suspect here

KandyRedCoi
04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Anytime. And let us know how it goes for him, maybe there's a ray of hope fro some WASRs out there. J/K

Additionally, if he plans on zeroing the iron sights, which may already be zeroed, he should buy one of these - AK47 Windage Tool (http://www.amazon.com/SKS-Front-Sight-Ajustment-Tool/dp/B000TN1QVU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334120712&sr=8-1)

Don't complain about cantered sights until he actually shoots it. My front sight post (adjusted on the windage drum) on my Romy G is all the way over to the left or right, I don't remember but it's definitely not centered, and it hits dead center.

i remember zero'ing my nieces mossy 702 tactical, and i did have to adjust the sight almost all the way high and right to shoot dead center...but it worked, long as it zero's i dont think it would be an issue...he is actually a member here and i told him to read this thread...if he doesnt post up a review/report, i'd probably do it :) for him .... gladly

e36mike
04-11-2012, 1:07 PM
you did see where he said the primer was flat and you could barley see the wording on the back of the casing right? i know your trying realy hard to make wasrs to be a p.o.s but this sounds like a over charged round to me, def a over pressure issue making ammo a real suspect here
I don't think wasrs are pos. Just definitely not a choice for someone whos knew to aks since u really have to examine what u buy an know how to deal w the problems. It's the price u pay for a lower price.

OP after filing the pin you should try that same ammo again before going onto other ammo. Good luck.

kwansao
04-11-2012, 2:00 PM
I dont know anything.. but that firing pin looks flattened. Is it possible that the heat treatment on that part just wasnt done properly?

Wouldnt the easiest and cheapest course of action be to buy a new firing pin and go back out to the range .. Perhaps with a long string and fire from behind a concrete barrier? Just kidding.

AK all day
04-11-2012, 2:08 PM

Tujungatoes thinks this too. I filed my firing pin back to a decent shape, and am going to try with some reloads i have. If all works good then I will switch back to Tulammo and have a blast. At worst at this point, I think i might have to replace my firing pin.

Roecar
04-11-2012, 2:11 PM
I posted something similar to this almost a year ago with a WASR 10/63 and as it turned out the firing pin was the culprit. Spent $10 and did some "safe" testing and my gun hasn't failed since then. Since my first post I've put at least 1000rds or more accurately up to 350 yrds on steel plates at Angeles. Plus later this month I'll be doing a "carbine" class with my rifle adding another 1000rds. I wouldn't be discouraged, WASRs aren't perfect but their aren't the worst either.

AK all day
04-11-2012, 2:16 PM
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t501/DillonJury/045.jpg

Here is the round of AK death...

Roecar
04-11-2012, 2:27 PM
Here we're my first few rounds that would pop up intermittently before replacing my firing pin. They look almost a like IMO.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Roecar/Realsteel/IMG_2845.jpg

Have you replaced the firing pin yet? Try that and fire a few rounds to see the strike on the primer.

luckystrike
04-11-2012, 2:45 PM

Seriously, wheres norcalk9, again

AK all day
04-11-2012, 3:02 PM
Here we're my first few rounds that would pop up intermittently before replacing my firing pin. They look almost a like IMO.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80/Roecar/Realsteel/IMG_2845.jpg

Have you replaced the firing pin yet? Try that and fire a few rounds to see the strike on the primer.

yeah those look just like mine. i have not replaced the firing pin yet, But I filed it back to a good shape.

Before
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t501/DillonJury/033-1.jpg

After filing

http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t501/DillonJury/049.png

Think it will work?

AK all day
04-11-2012, 3:03 PM
Seriously, wheres norcalk9, again

I have been thinking the same thing. But I have gotten plenty of good help regardless.

Travis590A1
04-11-2012, 7:54 PM
wow my rounds looked exactly the same....maybe its jus my firing pin as well....at least i hope lol all the clues are pointed the a "dull" firing pin

Roecar
04-11-2012, 9:06 PM
Well the first owner of my WASR said he fired 400rds flawlessly... not so sure after the problems I had when I went to the range. After a mag, the gun would FTF. This next part, yes was stupid, but I was a total nub... my friend had the Tantal stock WASR and we swapped bolts between guns... yea I know dumb... My AK fired fine and his had FTFs...

After talking with SJGunguy and a few others from other AK forums I made the judgement call to get a new firing pin. That $10 reinvestment was worth it. As I said ZERO problems since and my WASR is still going strong. I had my old firing pin somewhere and it looked flat like yours.

KandyRedCoi
04-11-2012, 9:21 PM
i know it sucks, but hopefully its just the firing pin...gl!

luckystrike
04-12-2012, 5:37 PM
I have been thinking the same thing. But I have gotten plenty of good help regardless.

right. so did you figure just get a new FP and maybe a headspace?

TMcGuff
04-12-2012, 7:50 PM
Rule #1 - Dont buy from turners.

Call the manufacturer if they are any good they will get it fixed.

AK all day
04-13-2012, 6:24 AM
I am going to buy a new firing pin, but headspace shouldn't be an issue. I don't know how to check headspace myself so it would cost a bit probably. I'm hoping my filed firing pin will work.

AKSOG
04-13-2012, 7:20 AM
You could buy a field or no-go gauge to check the headspace. It's pretty straight forward.

AK all day
04-13-2012, 7:21 AM
How much do those run for?

AKSOG
04-13-2012, 7:24 AM
How much do those run for?

http://ak-builder.com/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=208

NorCalK9.com
04-13-2012, 7:39 AM
For those asking where i'm at, im here. Honestly got bored with centerfire section so havnt been here in a while.
Anyways I had this happen, and theres really no point in saying this but I bet its your firing pin! When I jad that problem it was my fp.
Also Tunjatoes offered to let you go over to his place to check headspace... Why dont you head over there? I'm pretty sure its not your headspace but still would be better than you buying new bolt, reheadspacing for new bolt etc etc.
When are you going to shoot it?

ZX-10R
04-13-2012, 3:16 PM
Could be ammo, gun, pin, bolt, etc. Something similar happened to me with my PSL. Pressed the retaining pin out removed the firing pin, cleaned, and it worked like a charm again. There was junk that got hard and made the pin not hit the primer hard enough and it would smoke and fire. Not sure what is going on with your rifle but having someone look it over would be a good start or swapping to see if replacing the bolt will work.

MrPlink
04-13-2012, 3:58 PM

so are you implying

- Arsenal never makes mistakes

- Arsenal rifles still run just fine even with out of spec parts

?

Im sorry, buying an arsenal instead of converting your own is like taking a car to jiffy lube

CSACANNONEER
04-13-2012, 6:52 PM
I am going to buy a new firing pin, but headspace shouldn't be an issue. I don't know how to check headspace myself so it would cost a bit probably. I'm hoping my filed firing pin will work.

Macgyvertoes either has a set of go/no go gauges or can make some getto ones really quick.

BTW, I would have offered to look at it too but, Toes is an hour closer to you. Although, if Toes wants to meet at my place, you're both welcome to come on up and use my facilities and tooling. Toes knows the benefits of working on firearms here at the birth place of the now infamous "AK Team".:43:

tujungatoes
04-13-2012, 7:35 PM
here at the birth place of the now infamous "AK Team".:43:

...I was born in Lodi.:confused:

;) Hey CSA I think your phone is ringing.

evolixsurf
04-13-2012, 7:55 PM
Did you even call centry yet? They wont give a damn that you refinished the wood. Dont even tell them just sent the rifle back. They will be able to tell you didnt do anything to the headpasce or bolt. I havent dealt with centry but any manufacturer ive delt with has been pretty good. CALL THEM! :D

evolixsurf
04-13-2012, 7:59 PM
Well, my other parts have almost no signs of wear, finish still is nice, black and thick. i have filed the firing pin down back to a better shape (as told by tujungatoes) and am going to take it out to the range and try different ammo. If it still fails to work, or blows another primer, then I'm in serious doodoo... god can only hope that all I need is a new firing pin.

Omg, your kidding... A new firing pin, hell a new bolt is like $50. Dont file down an already defective firing pin!!!!! Its not worth loosing your eyesight over.

If you want to figure out whats wrong, get some headspace gauges first, test it. if its good get a new bolt head assembly. Youll be happy to have only spent $50 instead of eye and face surgery...

evolixsurf
04-13-2012, 8:04 PM
Sorry for three posts, but yea, that firing pin picture is a dead giveaway of at least one problem. No firing pins have sharp edges like that. IT looks like it was almost filed down. I still would at a minimum, without firing it again, check headspace, replace firing pin... Should be good to go after that.

AK all day
04-14-2012, 4:38 PM
Sorry for three posts, but yea, that firing pin picture is a dead giveaway of at least one problem. No firing pins have sharp edges like that. IT looks like it was almost filed down. I still would at a minimum, without firing it again, check headspace, replace firing pin... Should be good to go after that.

Advice taken, plan to buy new firing pin, but don't want head space gauges. If anything I will try and find a place where I can use someones.

pyro3k2
04-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Have you had a chance to shoot it yet after the firing pin mod?

tujungatoes
04-15-2012, 5:45 AM
Have you had a chance to shoot it yet after the firing pin mod?

Yeah what gives Dillon Jury? Don't make me drive all the way out there, slap you upside the head(Gibbs style), and drag you to the range?

pyro3k2
04-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Yeah what gives Dillon Jury? Don't make me drive all the way out there, slap you upside the head(Gibbs style), and drag you to the range?

Don't test him! he's done the same to other cal-gunners for less!

aamay1986
04-17-2012, 12:24 PM
Damn man sucks to hear that it's defective. I just picked mine up on Saturday, it's 1972 production and it seems to be in good shape. I wasn't able to take it out to shoot, hopefully this weekend, I hope it works lol.

Mamluke
04-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Damn man sucks to hear that it's defective. I just picked mine up on Saturday, it's 1972 production and it seems to be in good shape. I wasn't able to take it out to shoot, hopefully this weekend, I hope it works lol.

http://theonlinedisciple.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/jesus_praying.jpg

... this ^^^ you may need it ...

:hide:

... JK ... congrats & good luck ... :D

aamay1986
04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
double post

CSACANNONEER
04-17-2012, 3:11 PM
Don't test him! he's done the same to other cal-gunners for less!

Hell, I usually have to pay him to slap me.

Do you really think that your brand new rifle has been sitting in a warehouse since 1972? If so, think again. Some of the parts may be dated "1972" but, I can garantee you that it was manufactured well after 1999.

AK all day
04-17-2012, 3:23 PM
I may get back handed but I have ordered a firing pin from AK-builder.com, but I will not be able to shoot the darn thing until next Monday. :( I am at the mercy of others. I was supposed to go yesterday and try out my personal modification, but plans fell trough. Sorry about not replying on the thread, I have been missing it when it makes it back to the top. Thanks for all your guys help and concern. Good luck to all those guys who recently purchased a new rifle, I hope everything works out well for you, which I am sure it will. I will post the results on Monday most definitely. Mamluke, you make me laugh on every thread man. :)

RobGR
04-17-2012, 9:16 PM
Don't encourage him, Dillon. lol, I kid.

But not really.

Good luck, man.

AK all day
04-23-2012, 5:02 PM
Well, I tested out my rifle today with my new firing pin, and all I can say is that I'm very disappointed.................

That I couldn't have bought 2! Worked perfectly with zero hiccups hitting right where I pointed it. Thanks for all your help and comments guys!

tujungatoes
04-23-2012, 5:08 PM
:party:

Chaos47
04-23-2012, 6:42 PM
Glad it worked out

aamay1986
04-23-2012, 8:12 PM
Well, I tested out my rifle today with my new firing pin, and all I can say is that I'm very disappointed.................

That I couldn't have bought 2! Worked perfectly with zero hiccups hitting right where I pointed it. Thanks for all your help and comments guys!

congrats dude. Happy it worked out for ya.

xXx Sir Sik xXx
04-23-2012, 9:06 PM
So what's your "new" impression of the wasr???

NorCalK9.com
04-23-2012, 9:47 PM
There, now you should make a new thread so all the assenol guys can read and pull the horse shoe out of their @$$ and bump themselves over the head with it for their ignorant comments in this thread.
Ohhh and congrats bud.

AK all day
04-23-2012, 9:56 PM
Hahah, thanks guys. NorCal let them be, people are entitled to ignorance and or their opinions. It can be viewed both ways. Have a nice night guys, go to sleep knowing that my WASR works just fine and is a blast to shoot. I know it will be in MY dreams, hehe :).

pyro3k2
04-24-2012, 12:22 PM
congrats :)

antmarc217
04-24-2012, 5:27 PM
Congrats! seems like you and a few other people ran into this same problem. Solved by a new firing pin. I'll end up gettin one sooner or later once they're on sale again.

RobGR
04-27-2012, 9:24 AM
Nice, glad to hear it's functioning as it should!

Hey, but eventually you could also get an Arsenal SGL 31, hehehehe :43:

luckystrike
04-27-2012, 7:45 PM
There, now you should make a new thread so all the assenol guys can read and pull the horse shoe out of their @$$ and bump themselves over the head with it for their ignorant comments in this thread.
Ohhh and congrats bud.

so just some guns from century need fixing when they are new, right?