PDA

View Full Version : C&R FFL3 Paperwork Weirdness

Helpful_Cub
04-08-2012, 7:59 PM
So I mailed my application in back in January. About a month ago I got a package from ATF that contained a CD and some informational paperwork but nothing that said "here's your FFL3 license". I was told by a co-worker that ATF likes to send two packages, one being the stuff I got and a 2nd one with the actual license information. It's been over a month since I got the first package and I haven't seen the 2nd one yet... Should I be contacting ATF to see what's going on?

Anyone know the contact information I should be using to ask?

TRICKSTER
04-08-2012, 8:15 PM
Yes. By the way, the actual license comes in a envelope that could easily be mistaken as junk mail.

SanPedroShooter
04-08-2012, 9:34 PM
I got the license and never got the package. The second time around I got both. I dont think the letter says ATF on it, I think it says Department of Treasury.

littlejake
04-09-2012, 4:03 AM
I got the license and never got the package. The second time around I got both. I dont think the letter says ATF on it, I think it says Department of Treasury.

BATF&E is no longer under the Treasury. It's part of the US Department of Justice. A re-alignment that came about after 9/11.

Even the license form was revised in October 2011 -- the watermark is no longer the Scales of the Treasury -- they have their own watermark now.

Eddy's Shooting Sports
04-09-2012, 4:26 AM
Poke around on the BATFE website. There is a phone number for their Atlanta office where you can get status of FFL applications.

Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
400 Moffett Blvd.,Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043
(660)969-GUNS

T-F 12-7 W 12-9 Sat 11-5
Closed Sun/Mon

SanPedroShooter
04-09-2012, 7:30 AM
BATF&E is no longer under the Treasury. It's part of the US Department of Justice. A re-alignment that came about after 9/11.

Even the license form was revised in October 2011 -- the watermark is no longer the Scales of the Treasury -- they have their own watermark now.

Yeah, my license says DOJ on it. The watermark is a shield with a scale and key on it. They ought to send ATF back to treasury... Let them stick to issuing tax stamps for NFA stuff and cigarettes... Keep 'em outta mischief.

One78Shovel
04-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Yes. By the way, the actual license comes in a envelope that could easily be mistaken as junk mail.

What he said. And the big white envelope with regs, C&R list comes about 3 weeks later.

-178S