PDA

View Full Version : GSG 1911 flaw or just mine?

The Hen
04-07-2012, 6:52 PM
Hey All. Looking for an honest answer concerning the gsg 1911 22 or the Sig clone. My barrel retention screw loosens a little maybe 1/8 a revolution after firing about 30 rounds. Not a lot but just enough that the barrel gets loose and wobbles in the bushing and accuracy suffers. I can purple loctite it and that works for about 200 rounds till it loosens again. I can blue lotite it and that works great but of course i cant field strip to clean, lube. I will gladly pay the 50$ for a new barrel if there is any chance of correcting this, or is it just a flaw in the design and a fact of life with this pistol? Does anyone have a gsg 1911 that the barrel retention screw stays tight after firing a brick??

Don Edmondson
04-07-2012, 7:09 PM
mine is 2 years old it stays tight. when I was in Idaho I used it to teach kids from the church to shoot sometimes 500 to600 rounds at a time. give them a call there good people to deal with. Don

osophat71
04-07-2012, 7:27 PM
Mine does the same thing too, I just carry the tool and tighten every now and then, I'm still going to install a helicoil but I don't know what size I need. Look into helicoils they say they fix the problem with stripped and loose fitting screws.

AlbcAlbrr
04-08-2012, 8:19 AM
To each his own I guess. But I just don't understand why you guys put up with this crappy performance on your firearms. I won't have a gun I have to tinker with to make it work right.

cranemech
04-08-2012, 9:04 AM
I am thinking of acquiring the GSG or similar to save on ammo. I'm not familiar with the retention screw, but why can't you field strip the GSG if you use the blue loctite? The blue is designed to allow removal with hand tools, the red needs heat to break it down for removal.

rubber duckie
04-08-2012, 10:10 AM
if you are in orange county ill buy it from you..

ElvenSoul
04-08-2012, 10:27 AM
Talk to them I believe they will fix this.

Ubermcoupe
04-08-2012, 10:31 AM
I have heard of the screw loosening, but it doesnít happen on mine. I keep the take-down tool with me when I hit the range regardless.

My only suggestion would be to make sure that you are not over-tightening the screw. :shrug:

To each his own I guess. But I just don't understand why you guys put up with this crappy performance on your firearms. I won't have a gun I have to tinker with to make it work right.

Thanks, you added so much to this conversation that my mind is blown.

Remind me next time you post about a sig mosquito so I can reply with how ugly they are and how I donít understand how people can stand guns that are ugly. :rolleyes:
:troll:

JNunez23
04-08-2012, 12:02 PM
No problem with mine either, and I have shot over 1k rounds with out that ever crossing my mind.

Contact ATI yet?

JustEd
04-08-2012, 12:37 PM
No problem with mine, it has about 850 rnds through it. Should add that I am using to practice action pistol rather than bullseye shooting. So it is possible that it loosens a tad but that I don't notice it...never been obviously loose though!