PDA

View Full Version : Armed 1944 Miss America Stops Intruder LOL

wksun88
04-20-2007, 9:15 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070421/ap_on_re_us/brave_beauty_queen;_ylt=AuJeOth2Hico4lXPcamWiUFH2o cA
WAYNESBURG, Ky. -
Miss America 1944 has a talent that likely has never appeared on a beauty pageant stage: She fired a handgun to shoot out a vehicle's tires and stop an intruder.

Venus Ramey, 82, confronted a man on her farm in south-central Kentucky last week after she saw her dog run into a storage building where thieves had previously made off with old farm equipment.

Ramey said the man told her he would leave. "I said, 'Oh, no you won't,' and I shot their tires so they couldn't leave," Ramey said.

She had to balance on her walker as she pulled out a snub-nosed .38-caliber handgun.

"I didn't even think twice. I just went and did it," she said. "If they'd even dared come close to me, they'd be 6 feet under by now."

Ramey then flagged down a passing motorist, who called 911.

Curtis Parrish of Ohio was charged with misdemeanor trespassing, Deputy Dan Gilliam said. The man's hometown wasn't immediately available. Three other people were questioned but were not arrested.

After winning the pageant with her singing, dancing and comedic talents, Ramey sold war bonds and her picture was adorned on a B-17 that made missions over Germany in World War II, according to the Miss America Web site.

Ramey lived in Cincinnati for several years and was instrumental in helping rejuvenate Over-the-Rhine historic buildings. She returned to Kentucky in 1990 to live on her farm.

"I'm trying to live a quiet, peaceful life and stay out of trouble, and all it is, is one thing after another," she said.

:D

LAK Supply
04-20-2007, 9:22 PM
Hahahah! ROFGLMAO!!!! That old lady kicks ***! :cool: Balancing on her walker to drag iron. . . . . Hahahahahahahaha.......! :D

Mssr. Eleganté
04-20-2007, 9:32 PM
http://www.princetonantiques.com/acartctr/26.jpg

She can shoot my tires out any time. ;)

CalNRA
04-20-2007, 9:38 PM
82 year-old lay shooting out a tire with a snub-nose 38 while using a walker? she's a better shot than half the NYPD

Bishop
04-21-2007, 5:43 AM
http://www.princetonantiques.com/acartctr/26.jpg

She can shoot my tires out any time. ;)

*wold whistle* YOW!

Wait? You mean she didn't use a rat-tail comb? Or deficate or vomit on herself? What would the Brady bunch say???

E Pluribus Unum
04-21-2007, 5:43 AM
http://www.missamerica.org/images/history/c44.jpg

She was the first very influential miss America. She helped form the associated press; amoung other things... I found this:

Kentucky born Venus Ramey entered the pageant representing the District of Columbia, and was the first red head to win the title. She entertained in service camps, sold war bonds and toured in vaudeville. In addition to a citation from the United States Treasury Department for her work in the War Bond effort, Venus Ramsey's picture was painted on the side of fighter planes. These plans made sixty-eight raids over war torn Germany, and never lost a man. At a time when it seemed the country was losing the war, this story made the Associated Press and built a nation's morale. Miss America was seen as a political activist for the first time, as Venus worked with Senator Kaper of Kansas and Congressman Somner of Missouri in publishing their bills to gain suffrage for the District of Columbia.

EricCartmann
04-21-2007, 6:39 AM
hahah! "if they would have came closer they would be 6 feet under by now" LMAO

joe_sun
04-21-2007, 7:31 AM
PERFECT just PERFECT

Gotta love the great generation.

I hope this gets a lot of play but I doubt it will see the light of day on the networks.

Yankee Clipper
04-21-2007, 9:09 AM
PERFECT just PERFECT

Gotta love the great generation.

I hope this gets a lot of play but I doubt it will see the light of day on the networks.

I'd be happy just to see ARRP give it some play but I know ARRP doesn't live up to its name.

dwtt
04-21-2007, 1:14 PM
Amazing. Truly the Great Generation.
BTW, she was quite attactive in her day, but it's clear she is more than just a pretty face. Unfortunately, they don't make them like that anymore.