PDA

View Full Version : Anybody know how to get a Tac Sol pac-lite upper for MKIII into the state?

DeLaSeoulRZN
04-07-2012, 8:28 AM
Hi guys, just wanting to do a sanity check on this...

I called Table Rock about doing an SSE and was told it was problematic because it's not a complete firearm (no frame). I've only seen 1 or two for sale here on Calguns in the last several years and unfortunately none of them were local.

Am i missing something or is it really that tough to get these into California?

http://www.tacticalsol.com/tshome/tactical-solutions-pac-lite-barrel-upgrade-for-the-ruger-2245-and-mk-series-pistols

bigcalidave
04-07-2012, 8:44 AM
Too short as is to build a complete sse. Barrel is threaded so an extension could be "permanently" attached. You would need to send the rest of the parts to table rock to make a complete single shot pistol that is dimensionally compliant. However, its gonna be long, or you'll have to have the barrel extension removed and the threads removed or a cap permanently attached in its place when you get it if you want it back to normal. Feasible, would be cool to have one.

bigcalidave
04-07-2012, 8:47 AM
I'm not positive, but the 6" barrel option, unthreaded, may assemble into a just long enough configuration without any extension. I'd call tacsol and find out. If so, just send the rest of your parts to table rock!!

DeLaSeoulRZN
04-07-2012, 8:50 AM
I'm ok going with a non-threaded barrel. I was mainly looking for the weight savings and a shorter barrel. After talking with Ryan @ tablerock, sending in just the frame would constitute 'manufacturing' and they'd need to engrave their details into the frame to be compliant. Not something they are setup at the moment. I'll call around a few others to see what the options are or if they are setup for the engraving option, but was hoping it would be simpler than that like paying the usual california surcharge or something like that :-(

As much as i love our local dealers, I'm not real thrilled to have their shop details engraved on the frame.

bigcalidave
04-07-2012, 9:30 AM
ETA Sorry, seems like I was wrong. I'm not an FFL though, so it happens. Looks like he's right, he would be making the firearms if he put that together for you, but I guess I figured that they do it all the time with AR pistols and any frame based guns. In that case, just have another FFL do it, I'm sure Tracy Rifle and Pistol could do it for you, or EBR works. Any of the 07 ffls.

pressgo
05-09-2012, 4:18 PM
any success stories on these? please share.