PDA

View Full Version : 22lr.target amo ordered

FredoSD
04-06-2012, 8:16 AM
After a 2 week search for target ammo in San Diego I discovered I had to go on line.
Midway to the rescue!. I ordered 2 boxes of Wolf and 1 box of Fed to try out.
Unfortunately it won't get here 'till April 16th so I wont have it for the San Diego meet and shoot. However I will be able test it out before I submit my targets for the April rimfire match.
Anyway, thanks to everyone for their input and avice, I'm looking forward to this month.

mkane
04-06-2012, 9:37 AM
Champion Shooters Supply has a huge variety and is less expensive by far.

FredoSD
04-06-2012, 10:14 AM
Champion Shooters Supply has a huge variety and is less expensive by far.

Never heard of them, where are they located?

Never mind google found it for me. However Champion Shooter Supply are 1 dollar more per box of 50 on the Wolf target.

Izzy43
04-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Never heard of them, where are they located?

Never mind google found it for me. However Champion Shooter Supply are 1 dollar more per box of 50 on the Wolf target.

Thing about Champion Shooters Supply is to order a case of the Wolf Match Target. Cost is $460 + shipping. Its sometimes difficult for folks to spend that much all at once for ammo. Perhaps in the future we could get a small group together and save some $$$. I purchased a case last year and I'm down to 1500 rounds so I'll need some more sometime this year.

Let us know how it shoots for you, I think you'll be pleased. Shoot at least 10-15 thru a clean barrel to season it to the lube on the Wolf before getting serious about shooting groups.

Edit: Which Federal ammo did you get?

FredoSD
04-06-2012, 12:25 PM
Izzy, I bought a 50 rd box of Federal Gold Medal. No reason other than it was a "sugestion" by Midway. I usualy will try diff ammos to see what works and what doesn't.
Since it did not add to the shipping cost I decided to give it a shot. I'll definately log my results.

mkane
04-06-2012, 3:40 PM
[QUOTE=Izzy43;8355891]Thing about Champion Shooters Supply is to order a case of the Wolf Match Target. Cost is $460 + shipping. Its sometimes difficult for folks to spend that much all at once for ammo. Perhaps in the future we could get a small group together and save some $$$

Count me in.

johnjohn301
04-06-2012, 5:52 PM
Eley - Arguably the best .22 LR match ammo you can buy. I shoot both - Wolf & Eley
You can find all the Eley you can afford at Killough. Good folks!

http://www.killoughshootingsports.com/

thedrifter
04-08-2012, 7:38 PM
J & G Sales in Arizona has the best deals on wolf and sk plus its faster shipping than midway because of location...

i miss kansas i could order wednesday night after work and have a box at my door friday afternoon.