PDA

View Full Version : Former Marine looking for emplyoment

phaseshift
04-06-2012, 7:57 AM
I was in the Corps from September 2005 - September 2009 with an Honorable Discharge. The highest rank achieved was a Corporal E-4, 1371 Combat Engineer. Since then I've just been going to school utilizing my GI Bill in hopes to finally get my Bachelors in Business in the next 10 months.

Ideally, I would love to go back overseas but if not I'd like to find a nice decent paying job here in socal. I'm in the Santa Clarita Valley but for decent pay I wouldn't mind driving.

I've applied for the LASD but haven't heard from there, I hear it takes between two weeks to 3 months to hear something back. If anyone know of any companies that are willing to hire a veteran please post here or shoot me a PM.

bubbapug1
04-06-2012, 8:47 AM
What skills do you have?

LCPLERVIN
04-06-2012, 8:05 PM
Get your guard card online or in person, easy brother and look everywhere for security guard jobs. Something to keep the income flowing.

Outta Control
04-06-2012, 8:21 PM
Be a military contractor if you like the military lifestyle. There is conflicts all over the world.

RANDO
04-06-2012, 9:52 PM
Call mcs Hollywood worksource get your security guard training for free. Gun, baton, pepper spray, taser etc for free

phaseshift
04-07-2012, 6:52 AM
Call mcs Hollywood worksource get your security guard training for free. Gun, baton, pepper spray, taser etc for free

I will do some research on that thanks Rando

General
04-07-2012, 6:59 AM
http://www.usajobs.gov Register, pick out job they will email you when position opens. DHS TSA jobs all over the country.