PDA

View Full Version : AR-15 22lr blowback bolts

bloodhawke83
04-05-2012, 2:49 PM
Now that I found the right ammo, I can unload 10 rounds in 2 seconds. Wished I had a 100+ drum but I can deal with it.

Now the spent cases get stuck sometimes between the bolt and the thingy. :rolleyes: How sure what its called. :D

Should I use grease instead of the started lube? :confused:

Seesm
04-06-2012, 10:26 PM
I heard ccmg makes a .22 specific charging handle that does not allow those to happen... Seems like a design flaw overall that the kits does this... I need to figure it out on mine too...

ejhc11
04-06-2012, 11:48 PM
Look for the feed ramp, give it a good polish, that may help.

shadow65
04-07-2012, 5:14 AM
What conversion bolt? It's unusual for a CMMG to do that.
CMMG made the anti jam charging handle to help other manufacturers kits that are prone to throwing empties into the charging handle.
It is generally an extractor problem. It can also be caused by build up.
I always use copper wash ammo. It leaves less gunk.
The CMMG stainless only needs one drop of oil per rail so it attracts much less dirt and gunk to clog up the action.
Black Dog mags (older versions) have also been known to cause empties to go up instead of out. The feed lips are slightly too long and the empty hits the feed lip on the way out.
Dave N

bloodhawke83
04-10-2012, 2:22 PM
One below and I do use Black Dog mags.

CMMG Barrel and Parkerized Rimfire Bolt Assembly AR-15 22 Long Rifle M4 Contour 1 in 16" Twist 16" Chrome Moly Matte Pre-Ban

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/173274/cmmg-barrel-and-parkerized-rimfire-bolt-assembly-ar-15-22-long-rifle-m4-contour-1-in-16-twist-16-chrome-moly-matte-pre-ban

bloodhawke83
04-10-2012, 2:26 PM

Found it, thanks. :)

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/190957/cmmg-anti-jam-charging-handle-assembly-for-dedicated-22-long-rifle-conversions-ar-15-polymer-matte

What conversion bolt? It's unusual for a CMMG to do that.
CMMG made the anti jam charging handle to help other manufacturers kits that are prone to throwing empties into the charging handle.
It is generally an extractor problem. It can also be caused by build up.
I always use copper wash ammo. It leaves less gunk.
The CMMG stainless only needs one drop of oil per rail so it attracts much less dirt and gunk to clog up the action.
Black Dog mags (older versions) have also been known to cause empties to go up instead of out. The feed lips are slightly too long and the empty hits the feed lip on the way out.
Dave N

The feed lips need to be trimmed? :confused:

bloodhawke83
05-17-2012, 12:55 PM

I haven't gotta to polishing it yet, what grand of sand paper do you use?

Also, I switched to grease lube instead of that watery lube hopps makes. Going to the range this weekend and test it out.