PDA

View Full Version : Bighorn and Rhino safe's, reviews, sales, opinions and pictures.

Pages : [1] 2

Blarson
04-04-2012, 11:45 AM
I have been looking to buy a new gun safe for a while now, and Costco appeared to have the best deals. After much research, I decided to sway away from the Canon variety, as the steel is very thin and for extremely large safes, they weigh very little in comparison to most other reputable safes. Also there is a great youtube video featuring what appears to be a canon safe being broken into in less than two minutes with just a crow bar and a pry bar. (Youtube "gun safe break in"). After comparing the Big Horn safes with the Canon safes, I found that much smaller safes weighed several hundred pounds more than the Canon's. Unfortunately, by the time I wanted to buy, I found that the Big Horn safes (Rhino Metals) had just ended a big sale. I was eyeballing their largest model, the 7144EL and It had just been on sale for $1500 down from $1900. I called Rhino metals and they stated they did not project the 7144EL to go back on sale. I was bummed and started searching elsewhere.

Here is the update:
I called them again today and learned the following;
The 7144EL is going to be on sale on Costco.com starting on April, 09, 2012. The customer service rep. stated it might not be as good of a sale as before, but it WOULD be on sale.
They will also be offering a new model on Costco in the beginning of May, which will be as tall as the 7144EL (71" I think) but not quite as wide or deep. It should be about the same size as the 6039EL but taller. He did not tell me the price of the new model, but he did tell me that the new model would go on sale in late May for around $1200. I suspect the new model wont go on sale until the other models return to their normal pricing.

I did not ask if the other Rhino or Big Horn safes would be on sale as well, but I am assuming they will put most of their models on sale on the 9th!!

Hope this helps you guys!
Brad Larson

P.S. Please don't take offense to my opinion on the Canon Safes. It is just my two cents, as there are plenty of happy canon safe owners out there.

gesundheit
04-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the heads up, Brad

stevied
04-05-2012, 12:06 PM
You should call Sturdy Safe. They are much nicer than the Costco safes and you can easilly customize it. The Costco ones aren't really fire safe like they say either.

mle
04-05-2012, 2:41 PM
Was gonna order the Rhino 5942 2.5hr safe last night from Costco but didn't... Went back today and it's gone from the website. Hope it's back up on the 9th!

Blarson
04-06-2012, 5:45 PM
Was gonna order the Rhino 5942 2.5hr safe last night from Costco but didn't... Went back today and it's gone from the website. Hope it's back up on the 9th!

I hope my announcement didnt keep you from getting the safe you wanted! I hope the model you want will also go on sale on the 9th. If you call Rhino metals, their customer service is great, and they will likely tell you what their plans are for that particular safe. Or you can just wait and see on monday.

Ryanorielly
04-06-2012, 5:57 PM
That YouTube video is crap and everyone knows it. I have a Canon safe and I don't take offense to your view but if you actually took that video seriously.....you got sold.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

Blarson
04-07-2012, 3:03 PM
That YouTube video is crap and everyone knows it. I have a Canon safe and I don't take offense to your view but if you actually took that video seriously.....you got sold.

Sent from my Nook Tablet using Tapatalk

Im definitely willing to accept the fact that "I got sold". Maybe there was some trick photography that is not visible to my gullible eyes. But the video appeared legitimate to me. With enough leverage anything can be bent. And what I said had less to do with the "Security on sale" video and more to do with the size/wight and feature comparison. The Canon 5940 (40" wide) is 12 gauge steel and weighs 475 pounds, with 6 locking bolts (1.25") on two sides (top and side) and 30 minutes of fire protection. The BigHorn B6039EL (39" wide) is 10 gauge steel and weights 830 pounds, with 10 locking bolts (1.50") on all four sides, and 70 minutes of fire protection. Almost twice the weight, fire protection and # of locking bolts. For ME it is worth the extra $400-500 for the extra security. But for many people, the Canon Safes are great and plenty secure for their needs; Just not mine. Once again, this is just my two cents, not meaning to offend any Canon owners.

Ryanorielly
04-07-2012, 9:50 PM
You're missing the point. No one in there right mind would buy a safe of that size or any size for that matter and not bolt it down. That right there throws the leverage out the window. And no one would store their safe in the middle of a 30 foot warehouse where a burgular can easily tip your safe over and use a DIGGING bar to pry open your safe. That is, unless you want to make a YouTube video to prey on peoples fear into buying a specific product. No trick photography here just old fashion sales tactics.

Sent from my swiper using Tapatalk

Ryanorielly
04-07-2012, 9:54 PM
And once again no offense taken. To each his own. I'm sure your safe will be the right one for your needs and that's what's most important.

dg29
04-08-2012, 7:16 AM
Your observations of the costco brand of cannon safes are in regards the cannon economy line of safes made overseas. Do yourself a huge favor and drop by a cannon safe retailer, or better yet, swing by their business in San Bernardino and inspect their "Made in America" safes. Keep in mind that no matter what safe you decide on, it will still be vulnerable on the sides and back to a grinder and a thin metal cutoff wheel.

Blarson
04-08-2012, 9:31 PM
You're missing the point. No one in there right mind would buy a safe of that size or any size for that matter and not bolt it down. That right there throws the leverage out the window. And no one would store their safe in the middle of a 30 foot warehouse where a burgular can easily tip your safe over and use a DIGGING bar to pry open your safe. That is, unless you want to make a YouTube video to prey on peoples fear into buying a specific product. No trick photography here just old fashion sales tactics.

I totally agree. Most smart owners WILL bolt their safes down, and wont have a huge warehouse to allow would be criminals the opportunity to pry with as much leverage as was shown in the video. However, regardless of the obvious liberties which were given to the "thugs" in the video, it still enlightened me to the fact that any safe can be opened, and some ARE definitely more secure than others. Needless to say, even the bighorn safes, given the same set of biased circumstances would probably buckle under the pressure. But, I hope that with the extra security afforded with the "costco" line of safes, might mitigate some of the weak points and take much more time to be entered by force.

Your observations of the costco brand of cannon safes are in regards the cannon economy line of safes made overseas. Do yourself a huge favor and drop by a cannon safe retailer, or better yet, swing by their business in San Bernardino and inspect their "Made in America" safes. Keep in mind that no matter what safe you decide on, it will still be vulnerable on the sides and back to a grinder and a thin metal cutoff wheel.

Yes, all of my comments posted thus far are in regards to the safes offered on Costco.com. While researching which safe to purchase, I visited the Cannon web site and browsed their safes which hit prices beyond $4000. I really wish I had the money to buy a safe which is much more impenetrable. My goal was to buy the best and largest safe I could for around $1500. So I set out to find the best "bang for the buck" in that price range and settled on the Bighorn 7144EL. I apologize for generalizing brands like I did. Cannon and Rhino metals both offer very nice American made safes, which unfortunately come at a much higher premium.

Blarson
04-09-2012, 9:57 AM
UPDATE:
As expected, I've been monitoring the Costco website anxiously waiting for the sale they promised to pop up. And NOTHING! So I called Rhino metals again this morning and learned the following:

Due to a last minute issue with the manufacturer, the sale was CANCELLED! I did however lean more about the new model due in may.

Dimensions: 72" high, 36" wide and 26" deep. It will have slightly less fire protection, 45 Minutes at 1200 degrees, and will be made with thinner steel, 2.5mm instead of their usual 3mm (approx. 10 Gauge). It will still weigh about 750 pounds.

This safe will go on sale on May 10th, and will be offered on sale for $999, with a regular price of $1399.

I am very disappointed that the sale scheduled for today did not happen, and I'm sure some of you are as well. I apologize for my involvement in this snafu, with what ended up being a bad update (It was legitimate when I posted it, up until two days ago). What bothers me more is the fact that they canceled the sale, with no scheduled sale to replace it! So I am back to square one wondering if I should just bite the bullet and pay full price, look elsewhere, or play the waiting game a little longer. When I spoke to Rhino Metals in January they had no sales scheduled then either, and then they planned one for today. So???

FatCity67
04-09-2012, 11:34 AM
UPDATE:
As expected, I've been monitoring the Costco website anxiously waiting for the sale they promised to pop up. And NOTHING! So I called Rhino metals again this morning and learned the following:

Due to a last minute issue with the manufacturer, the sale was CANCELLED! I did however lean more about the new model due in may.

Dimensions: 72" high, 36" wide and 26" deep. It will have slightly less fire protection, 45 Minutes at 1200 degrees, and will be made with thinner steel, 2.5mm instead of their usual 3mm (approx. 10 Gauge). It will still weigh about 750 pounds.

This safe will go on sale on May 10th, and will be offered on sale for $999, with a regular price of $1399.

I am very disappointed that the sale scheduled for today did not happen, and I'm sure some of you are as well. I apologize for my involvement in this snafu, with what ended up being a bad update (It was legitimate when I posted it, up until two days ago). What bothers me more is the fact that they canceled the sale, with no scheduled sale to replace it! So I am back to square one wondering if I should just bite the bullet and pay full price, look elsewhere, or play the waiting game a little longer. When I spoke to Rhino Metals in January they had no sales scheduled then either, and then they planned one for today. So???

Apologize for what? Trying to educate your fellow Cal Gunners on a potential deal?

I say thanks for the info and so should others.

CnCFunFactory
04-09-2012, 10:24 PM
There are gun safes, and then there a SAFES at nearly 6000 pounds nobody is gonna be moving it especially if it's bolted down.:43:

http://www.deansafe.com/fxorsaourlat.html

Blarson
04-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Wow. That thing is awesome. If only it didn't cost a $1.30 per pound! Hahaha! Although, the longer I have to wait to buy a freakin safe the more money I am feeling willing to pay. But I doubt I will hit $7500! Still awesome!

dg29
04-09-2012, 11:42 PM
I'm not sure where you're located but at times it can be worth it to check the safes out here: http://www.raahauges.com/
From time to time he gets scratch and dent safes that are marked down from Cannon. Just remember to purchase a safe that is at least twice as big as you could ever imagine needing. Even at that rate, it will only take you about a year and a half to outgrow it!

Blarson
04-10-2012, 8:44 AM
I'm not sure where you're located but at times it can be worth it to check the safes out here: http://www.raahauges.com/
From time to time he gets scratch and dent safes that are marked down from Cannon. Just remember to purchase a safe that is at least twice as big as you could ever imagine needing. Even at that rate, it will only take you about a year and a half to outgrow it!

I checked out the site. Thank you for the recommendation. I live in the Bay Area (Libville), so Corona is a little out of the way for me.

Blarson
04-10-2012, 8:53 AM
I am still a little frustrated with Rhino Metals for reneging on their proposed sale. However, I have come up with a plan. This thread has gotten more attention that I expected, and it has made me curious. How many of you are considering buying a Bighorn safe if they go on sale on Costco.com? If you could give me a +1 or something of the like if you are, I can call back Rhino metals with some proverbial ammo, and tell them how many people I know are just waited for a good sale to buy. Maybe if we have enough people who want them, I can call back and get another sale scheduled. It may be a long shot, but who knows???

A-J
04-10-2012, 11:47 AM
I apologize for my involvement in this snafu, with what ended up being a bad update (It was legitimate when I posted it, up until two days ago). What bothers me more is the fact that they canceled the sale, with no scheduled sale to replace it!

I am still a little frustrated with Rhino Metals for reneging on their proposed sale.

First, there is no need to apologize. Unless you were the reason the sale was cancelled.

Second, I don't know that what Rhino did can be called "reneging" since there was no real "aggreement" from which they backed out. Now, if they had run an ad and that sale never came to fruition, I could see getting a little hot about it. In retail, sales that are scheduled to start often end up being cancelled, and only the company holding the sale can say why. Just my .02.

Blarson
04-10-2012, 8:51 PM
Second, I don't know that what Rhino did can be called "reneging" since there was no real "aggreement" from which they backed out. Now, if they had run an ad and that sale never came to fruition, I could see getting a little hot about it. In retail, sales that are scheduled to start often end up being cancelled, and only the company holding the sale can say why. Just my .02.

I totally understand that many retail based companies have to cancel planned sales for purposes/reasons beyond their control. I was less frustrated for the cancelation and more for the fact that Rhino did not apprize me of any rescheduled sale. I understand that they did not have to tell me the sale was planned to begin with. And, it shows great customer service to me that they are willing to share this information; especially when most companies would never advertise/discuss prospective sales, as it could jeopardize the possibility of current full price sales. I guess I am just bummed that I don't have a safe being shipped to my house as we type. And I am hoping they go on sale again soon, or that I can find something better within the same price range first. (Between $1000-1700)

Blarson
04-11-2012, 2:29 PM
I called Rhino metals again today and spoke with Shane who was most helpful. I apprised them to the fact that this thread has been viewed over 1100 times. This seamed to perk his and the owners interest, which brought them to view the thread themselves. He was able to update me with the following:

UPDATES:
May 10th the New model "36" will be released on sale on Costco .com

June 14th the popular Bighorn 19ECB (The smallest of the lineup) will go on sale again on Costco.Com

Unfortunately, there is still no scheduled sale for the 6030EL, the 6039EL or the 7144EL. Although, their sale schedule is only projected through July and these models may go on sale later in the year, but no promises.

HERE IS THE BEST PART:

Being that this thread has drawn much attention, the owner has agreed to set up a group buy at a discounted rate for us CALGUN'ers. If we can gather enough people who want to buy one of these safes (Shane related the owner gave no specific number, but an example of 10) then he will set up a special sale just for the group through a different distributer (other than Costco). We have not discussed prices yet, however I will try and see if we can get the sale prices offered in December. The 7144EL was listed for $1500 down from $1900, the 6039 was listed for $1000 down from $1400, and the 6030EL was reduced but, im not sure as to how much. If I can secure these rates or rates within $50-100, and free shipping, who would be in?

The group buy would have to be for each safe(IE, about ten potential sales for a particular model). If you are looking to buy and want in on this exclusive group buy discount, then please post your interest on this thread. Please be specific as to which model you want so I can keep a running tally.

I am looking to buy the 7144EL, So I just need like 7-9 more of you who want a huge awesome safe and we GOT IT!

Or help each other out with the other models!

Please keep in mind the model 19ECB will already be going on sale, so don't include that one.

Hopefully, we can get something going here. Please, spread the word to any other related forums, so we can get everyone in on a good deal.

stevied
04-11-2012, 2:39 PM
UPDATE:

You should do some more research. I garuntee that the safe won't stand a chance in a fire for 45 minutes. Sturdy's safe at the same size in 5gauge are 1000lbs and not fire rated. You have to get fire rating as an additional option.

bill_k_lopez
04-11-2012, 2:49 PM

They all cut right open with a plasma cutter....who needs to pry them open, just get it loaded in the moving truck and drive away..

-------

The "fire protection" is just how much drywall they stuff inside....this can easily be done yourself after you purchase.

BigMak911
04-11-2012, 3:13 PM
I may be interested in the B6039EL depending on WHEN exactly the group buy/money exchange happens... The 7144EL is a bit too rich for my blood.

malvares
04-11-2012, 6:13 PM
I'd also be interested in the B6039EL...

AAShooter
04-11-2012, 6:59 PM
Sounds interesting . . . keep us posted. It would be sweet if we could work through an out-of-state supplier to avoid sales tax.

mag360
04-12-2012, 8:12 PM
There are gun safes, and then there a SAFES at nearly 6000 pounds nobody is gonna be moving it especially if it's bolted down.:43:

http://www.deansafe.com/fxorsaourlat.html

for the protection that thing offers, I want to think that is a deal. People pay $3,000 bucks for a 7 gauge safe residential security container from the major makers all day long.

mag360
04-12-2012, 8:17 PM
They all cut right open with a plasma cutter....who needs to pry them open, just get it loaded in the moving truck and drive away..

-------

The "fire protection" is just how much drywall they stuff inside....this can easily be done yourself after you purchase.

maybe the black powder EXPLOSIVE stored inside sticker would help?

CnCFunFactory
04-12-2012, 10:08 PM
for the protection that thing offers, I want to think that is a deal. People pay $3,000 bucks for a 7 gauge safe residential security container from the major makers all day long.

I have seen it in person and it is intimidating to say the least. When (not sure when it will be) I get around to building a home this is going in the basement and the house will be built around it. Figure as a last line of defense it probably can't be beat for the money.

Saym14
04-12-2012, 11:37 PM
had great service and really love my Costco Cannon safe.

Blarson
04-14-2012, 7:41 PM
So I plan on keeping a rolling log of the number of people who are interested in each safe model. Hopefully this log will help people see how close we are to getting this special group discount.

Bighorn 7144EL:

Bighorn 6039EL:

Bighorn 6030EL:

Interested, but undecided on which one:

Total:

With the numbers we have so far, we are very close and prob. only need a few more to get the group buy. So keep them comeing!

Faded
04-14-2012, 10:42 PM
How will shipping and delivery work?

mle
04-15-2012, 2:48 PM
I'll take a 6039. But depends on how much they can beat Costco's price with the group buy.

Blarson
04-15-2012, 10:15 PM
How will shipping and delivery work?

I'll take a 6039. But depends on how much they can beat Costco's price with the group buy.

I will call tomorrow and try to finalize the details. With your two additions, 7 may be the magic number. If it is an acceptable number, then anyone else who wants in, let me know soon so you wont miss out!

AAShooter
04-16-2012, 5:25 AM
Here is a link to one person's review of the 6039EL:

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=103622

Faded
04-16-2012, 7:19 PM
That 6039 looks nice having been eyeing it. I never bought it yet because I haven't spent much time researching how these compare to other safes with price and value. Any ideas?

MrNiceGuy
04-16-2012, 9:48 PM
I'm in for 6039 if it's $1K delivered.

Blarson
04-16-2012, 10:06 PM
That 6039 looks nice having been eyeing it. I never bought it yet because I haven't spent much time researching how these compare to other safes with price and value. Any ideas?

Everyones opinion of safes will probably very, but here is my .02 having not owned this gun safe personally yet.
I have looked at about a dozen or so safe manufacturers and I have found that all of the Bighorn safes offer the most bang for the buck. You can find cheeper safes that are bigger and less secure. You can find smaller safes that are more expensive and more secure. However, I found the Bighorn safes offered on costco to be an exceptional value! Especially if we can get them to put them on sale!
6039EL
39" wide, 24" deep, 59" tall, 830 pounds, 3mm steel(apprx 10 gauge), 10 locking bolts on all four sides, 70 minutes of fire protection@1200 (some dispute this, but the disputers have not tested it like Rhino Metals have, so ???), spring loaded re-locker, 1.5 inch locking bolts, lifetime warranty, awesome customer service(I and others have experienced this), and dozens of reviews with nearly all of them being 5 stars. All for $1400!!

I have not yet found a better value for this kind of safe. If some knows of another safe manufacturer which offers a safe with the same security and positive features at a cheaper price, please let me know. But so far I am UTL.

Hope this helps!

Blarson
04-16-2012, 10:16 PM
UPDATE:
Called Rhino again today and again spoke with Shane. He spoke to the "Powers that be" and basically was unable to give me any definitive details.....I know, it sucks. He did tell me that they cannot sell the safes independently, and have been in contact with several distributors to try and get this deal going. I pressed to try and get something more solid, however, all he could tell me was to keep an eye on the costco website and the Rhino website over the course of this next week. He told me if I don't see anything pop up, then to call him back in a week; which of course I plan on doing. And I will of course keep you all apprized to any progress. Patience IS a Christlike attribute I guess right?? Time to practice it!

In the mean time, keep the interest up and keep letting me know if your "in" on one of these safes and Ill add you to the list. The more we get on board, the greater our chances of snagging a great deal on what appears to be a great safe.
Thanks
Bradley Larson

California Safe Outlet
04-17-2012, 10:34 AM
Hey Guys,
We are California Safe Outlet and we just got on as BigHorns newest dealer. Were very excited about this new line of safes, and we wanted to kick off the line with a wholesale price sale! I'm gonna get right to it. Here are the prices we can offer on this first order and first order only! These prices are only good until our first load is shipped around the 1st week of may. Below are the prices we can offer and the shipping options for you.

7144EL $1377 Regular Price $2049
6039EL $1044 Regular Price $1499
6030EL $851 Regular Price $1199
6022EL $579 Regular Price $849
5928(19ECB) $568 Regular Price $849

These prices are pickup at our store in Murrieta, Ca. We can offer a couple of different shipping options at additional cost.
1. Regular Freight, curbside from the factory. Prices start around $100 and go up depending on area.
2. Delivery and installation service, we would bring the safe to you and install it, in-house or garage, boltdown available. Additonally we go over the locking mechanism, setup the interior and haul away all trash. Its a full service install. Price starts at $140 and go up depending on mileage and services required.
This is our absolute lowest pricing we will ever make available. We want to start of our new dealership with a good start so this is basically wholesale pricing we are offering. Let me know what questions you guys have and I hope we are able to do some business with you fellow calgun members. Thank you for your time. Please call or PM with any questions about shipping or about the safes themselves.

California Safe Outlet
951-600-9507

AAShooter
04-17-2012, 11:40 AM
Hey Guys,
We are California Safe Outlet and we just got on as BigHorns newest dealer. Were very excited about this new line of safes, and we wanted to kick off the line with a wholesale price sale! I'm gonna get right to it. Here are the prices we can offer on this first order and first order only! These prices are only good until our first load is shipped around the 1st week of may. Below are the prices we can offer and the shipping options for you.

These prices are pickup at our store in Murrieta, Ca. We can offer a couple of different shipping options at additional cost.
1. Regular Freight, curbside from the factory. Prices start around $100 and go up depending on area.
2. Delivery and installation service, we would bring the safe to you and install it, in-house or garage, boltdown available. Additonally we go over the locking mechanism, setup the interior and haul away all trash. Its a full service install. Price starts at $140 and go up depending on mileage and services required.
This is our absolute lowest pricing we will ever make available. We want to start of our new dealership with a good start so this is basically wholesale pricing we are offering. Let me know what questions you guys have and I hope we are able to do some business with you fellow calgun members. Thank you for your time. Please call or PM with any questions about shipping or about the safes themselves.

California Safe Outlet
951-600-9507

That looks like a great offer. Can you let us know what the folks in Northern California are looking at as far as the services you outlined? For example, what they would be for the San Francisco Bay Area.

Blarson
04-17-2012, 12:37 PM
That looks like a great offer. Can you let us know what the folks in Northern California are looking at as far as the services you outlined? For example, what they would be for the San Francisco Bay Area.

I have already been in contact with with Curtis Boswell from the California Safe outlet. Ive explained that with the additional cost of shipping for most of us, the price would reach within $50 to $100 of What we can get them for at regular price at Costco.com. He is reworking the numbers and he will be in touch with me later today. I also live in the SF Bay area. So by the end of today we will have some solidified numbers, which should be some great deals for you guys. Curtis was very polite on the phone and I feel we can all come to a good agreement.

gesundheit
04-17-2012, 1:55 PM
Hey Guys,

California Safe Outlet
951-600-9507

This is great. Anyone from LA/Ventura (with a truck) interested in this?

Blarson
04-17-2012, 2:09 PM
UPDATE:
I spoke again with Curtis. The shipping for everyone In northern Calofornia should range from $200-220 and less if you live closer to the store. He can not go any lower on the prices, so they will stay fixed at what their at now. For us bay area guys the 6039EL should be around $1044+200(shipping)=1244+CA sales tax. So you should save almost $200 over what you can get it for on costco. We still need a number of you to get this pricing. If you are "in", call Curtis, and mention the group buy through Calguns. You will then give your info, he will give you an exact quote, and once he has enough people, he will place the group order. Hit me or him up with any questions. Glad we finally got these safes on sale!!

Blarson
04-17-2012, 8:39 PM
UPDATE:
It looks like we now have two competitors trying for the Calguns business. Ill let you all decide which to choose. I went on the Rhino metals website and found another retailer who is offering these safes on sale. Apparently, after I had contacted Rhino Metals and apprized them to the interest on this thread they contacted several distributers to see who could offer a sale, and at least two accepted. "California Safe outlet" and "Bull Dog Tuff Safes" out of Oregon, were both takers. Shane told me to keep an eye on their site, and sure enough, the sale was posted on there.

Here is what "Bull Dog Tuff Safes" are offering.

http://www.bulldogtuffsafes.com/Page_2.php

Bighorn Series Safes Specifications
Model Weight Rifle Dimensions Approx *Price
(lbs) Capacity (HxWxD) Cubic Feet

6030EL 700 26 59x30x24 25 $999
Free Curb Side Delivery!!!!!!!!

6039EL 830 33 59x39x24 32 $1,299

7144EL 1050 51 71x44x26 47 $1599
Free Curb Side Delivery!!!!!!!

These prices are an out the door price. Also, these prices are not contingent upon a "group buy". They are available to anyone.

I chose to go with Bull Dog, because being that I am in Northern California, the shipping and tax brought my total up to around $1740, for the 7144EL. I was able to save $140 by using Bull Dog, instead of California Safe outlet.

Now, as far as I know, I am the only one of you who wanted the 7144EL. Most/all of you were interested in the 6039EL. So you can do the math yourself. There is a $256 difference between the two companies. So if you live in southern California, it might be cheaper and wiser to buy from California Safe Outlet, especially if you can pick it up yourself! And the fact that it is more local, if you need to return it for any reason. But if you are up north like me it might be cheaper to use Bull Dog Tuff safes.

I don't have a loyalty to either company, I just did what was most financially practical for me. So I am now the proud owner of a B7144EL which will be in my garage THIS FRIDAY!! Finally!! (I am really pleased with this shipping speed!!)

I hope you all can also find a good deal, and I hope I have helped you all in some way!

I will still act as a liaison between Calguns and these safe companies if needed, and will update as necessary. And don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Bradley Larson

AAShooter
04-18-2012, 4:39 AM
UPDATE:
It looks like we now have two competitors trying for the Calguns business. Ill let you all decide which to choose. I went on the Rhino metals website and found another retailer who is offering these safes on sale. Apparently, after I had contacted Rhino Metals and apprized them to the interest on this thread they contacted several distributers to see who could offer a sale, and at least two accepted. "California Safe outlet" and "Bull Dog Tuff Safes" out of Oregon, were both takers. Shane told me to keep an eye on their site, and sure enough, the sale was posted on there.

Here is what "Bull Dog Tuff Safes" are offering.

http://www.bulldogtuffsafes.com/Page_2.php

Bighorn Series Safes Specifications
Model Weight Rifle Dimensions Approx *Price
(lbs) Capacity (HxWxD) Cubic Feet

6030EL 700 26 59x30x24 25 $999

6039EL 830 33 59x39x24 32 $1,299

7144EL 1050 51 71x44x26 47 $1599
Free Curb Side Delivery!!!!!!!

These prices are an out the door price, because there is no sales tax and Danny includes shipping. Also, these prices are not contingent upon a "group buy". They are available to anyone.

I chose to go with Bull Dog, because being that I am in Northern California, the shipping and tax brought my total up to around $1740, for the 7144EL. I was able to save $140 by using Bull Dog, instead of California Safe outlet.

Now, as far as I know, I am the only one of you who wanted the 7144EL. Most/all of you were interested in the 6039EL. So you can do the math yourself. There is a $256 difference between the two companies. So if you live in southern California, it might be cheaper and wiser to buy from California Safe Outlet, especially if you can pick it up yourself! And the fact that it is more local, if you need to return it for any reason. But if you are up north like me it might be cheaper to use Bull Dog Tuff safes.

I don't have a loyalty to either company, I just did what was most financially practical for me. So I am now the proud owner of a B7144EL which will be in my garage THIS FRIDAY!! Finally!! (I am really pleased with this shipping speed!!)

I hope you all can also find a good deal, and I hope I have helped you all in some way!

I will still act as a liaison between Calguns and these safe companies if needed, and will update as necessary. And don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.
Bradley Larson

So, just to be clear, I can get a 6039EL out the door and delivered to my front door for $1,299 (no sales tax)?

FrankDux
04-18-2012, 8:10 AM
Im interested in a 7144 from California Safe Outlet.

Blarson
04-18-2012, 8:47 AM
So, just to be clear, I can get a 6039EL out the door and delivered to my front door for $1,299 (no sales tax)?

Yes (From Bull Dog Tuff). What you will see on your card is $1299 exactly.

Im interested in a 7144 from California Safe Outlet.

You have been added to the list. But remember, everyone on the rolling log, needs to now call California Safe Outlet personally to begin the order process, (if you find it is cheaper/better for you to use them instead of Bull Dog Tuff Safes).

mle
04-18-2012, 10:43 AM
I just order a rhino XP5942 from bulldog. Costco no longer carries it and their price ended up cheaper than costco because no tax.

AAShooter
04-18-2012, 11:01 AM
I just order a rhino XP5942 from bulldog. Costco no longer carries it and their price ended up cheaper than costco because no tax.

What did that run?

mle
04-18-2012, 1:26 PM
What did that run?

$1999 delivered

AAShooter
04-18-2012, 1:39 PM
$1999 delivered

nice

Blarson
04-18-2012, 2:41 PM

Yeah. Costco had the cheapest deal I had ever seen on the 7144EL @$1500 with free shipping. Missed that sale! But Bulldog beat Costco by offering it @$1600 with no sales tax and free shipping. my total on Costco would have been more than $1600 after tax. Bulldog has a great deal going!

mle
04-18-2012, 7:49 PM
Any of you guys going with the manual lock option versus the electronic keypad?

Mr10
04-18-2012, 8:56 PM
tAG

Blarson
04-19-2012, 3:54 AM
Any of you guys going with the manual lock option versus the electronic keypad?

I'm sticking with the electronic lock, just for the ease of use and the speed of entry; and it's free. I'm also not worried about an EMP. ; )

My uncle bought a safe that came with the analog type lock and he swapped it for the digital. He is much happier with the digital. My Dad has the analog type lock on his liberty safe and loves it, but he sometimes wishes he had a digital lock for the same reasons I've mentioned.

AAShooter
04-19-2012, 4:58 AM
You can upgrade the electronic lock for even more features . . . for example, multiple user combinations.

Sunday
04-19-2012, 6:17 AM
Buy a made in USA as possible the quality is much higher. The safe is a long term investment so to say.

AAShooter
04-19-2012, 7:00 AM
Is anyone planning on mounting their safe on a slab floor? Is so, what are you planning to do about a vapor barrier?

mle
04-19-2012, 9:29 AM
Buy a made in USA as possible the quality is much higher. The safe is a long term investment so to say.

That's why I went with the Rhino versus the Bighorn. The electronics are also upgraded and made in the USA...

billped
04-19-2012, 11:28 AM
I have a manual lock on mine and consistently can open it in under 10 seconds - usually well under with perhaps one in ten being an "oops, try again". Muscle memory kicks in quite nicely. I'm sure that a digital keypad would be under 5 seconds, but the delta isn't big enough for me.

I also have a handgun safe that is digital which is my "oh crap, someone's in the house" device.

I figure that I could try the handgun safe, find out it doesn't work, get to the larger safe, and be inside consistently under 30 seconds even when groggy.

Mr10
04-20-2012, 11:07 PM
That's why I went with the Rhino versus the Bighorn. The electronics are also upgraded and made in the USA...

You get your safe yet? Please post some pic if you can. Looking into getting one in a few months.

lewdogg21
04-21-2012, 6:29 AM
Is anyone planning on mounting their safe on a slab floor? Is so, what are you planning to do about a vapor barrier?

Unless you blow through the slab and hit the sub base I don't know what a vapor barrier would help. Maybe I'm missing/not thinking of something.

I bought a Cannon EF6040 (model was something like that) about 2 years ago and like it. I bolted it to my slab.

AAShooter
04-21-2012, 7:22 AM
Unless you blow through the slab and hit the sub base I don't know what a vapor barrier would help. Maybe I'm missing/not thinking of something.

I bought a Cannon EF6040 (model was something like that) about 2 years ago and like it. I bolted it to my slab.

Unless the concrete slab is sealed, most will allow moisture to accumulate under your safe if you bolt it directly to the concrete floor. This is a common issue with laminate flooring.

Here is a video discussing the matter:

Dm_ZUaqybug

fabguy
04-21-2012, 4:04 PM

Put a 1/4" thick aluminum or steel flat bar about 3" wide on each side of your anchors, it will allow air to pass through without collecting moisture and therefor avoiding rusting of the bottom of safe. also blow it out underneath every 6 months to stop the accumulation of dirt, dust, spider webs.

Blarson
04-25-2012, 7:53 PM
My 7144EL is scheduled to be delivered tomorrow, between 11-5. This was about a week longer than originally expected. However, the extra time was no fault of Danny's (bull dog tuff safes). Rhino metals was the cause of the additional time. But, it is still less than 2 weeks so I am thrilled. In fact the safe did not ship out from rhino until Monday, so it was only 3-4 days shipping! I'll try to post some Pics once it's in my garage.

Soul TKR
04-26-2012, 4:39 AM
I've been looking at the Cannon CA33 safe for a while... I plan on picking up a safe in the next couple months. I've had that Cannon pegged as a sure purchase but this thread has me thinking... I can have the Cannon CA33 Delivered and Installed (bolted down) for $1324 out the door....

http://www.cannonsafe.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x700/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/a/ca33-burgandydimensionsweb.png

2 questions...

1. Does the Big Horn safes have an internal power outlet like the Cannon's?

2. I know the Cannon has a special fire rating that's "independently tested" by "UL Labs" or something like that... anybody know if the fire rating on these Big Horns has the same UL Labs Rating? Apparently there is a difference and this counts for something... You can actually see the UL Labs ratings sticker on the side of the open door in the above photo.

Soul TKR
04-26-2012, 4:51 AM
Also came across this thread about these bighorns... good read with pictures if you guys are interested...

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=46&t=294749

Bizcuits
04-26-2012, 7:59 AM
Do any of these vendors have non-electronic safe locks? These are some beautiful safes, but I don't want to rely on batteries when I need my guns.

AAShooter
04-26-2012, 8:30 AM
Most offer manual locks. The Big Horn safes can be ordered either way.

Blarson
04-26-2012, 9:52 AM
I've been looking at the Cannon CA33 safe for a while... I plan on picking up a safe in the next couple months. I've had that Cannon pegged as a sure purchase but this thread has me thinking... I can have the Cannon CA33 Delivered and Installed (bolted down) for $1324 out the door....

http://www.cannonsafe.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/600x700/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/c/a/ca33-burgandydimensionsweb.png

2 questions...

1. Does the Big Horn safes have an internal power outlet like the Cannon's?

2. I know the Cannon has a special fire rating that's "independently tested" by "UL Labs" or something like that... anybody know if the fire rating on these Big Horns has the same UL Labs Rating? Apparently there is a difference and this counts for something... You can actually see the UL Labs ratings sticker on the side of the open door in the above photo.

1) No. But the Bighorn does have a pre-drilled hole for wiring, if you ever find that you need it.
2) Here is good info copied directly from the Rhino Metals website.
[/QUOTE]
" How do I compare fire ratings/What fire rating should I get?

Fire tests and fire ratings vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and there is no standard or required test in the industry. This makes it impossible for the consumer to use manufacturers' fire ratings to compare safes. Comparing fire ratings is like comparing apples to oranges. The prudent customer will verify any fire protection ratings by comparing design.

Here are some factors to consider when comparing:

While plate doors tend to be slightly more secure, they inherently provide less fire protection and transfer heat faster to the safe's interior. Generally, 40 to 50 minutes is the maximum you can expect out of a plate door design.

Make sure there is an intumescent door seal around the entire perimeter of the door. See "Why is an intumescent door seal and why is it important?".

Internal hinged safes are generally inadequately protected against fire around the hinge area.

This is a picture of a very well known gun safe manufacturer's internal hinge where the internal hinge attatches to the inside body of the safe. Notice the large area of exposed metal. In a house fire, this exposed metal area will be glowing orange, radiating heat directly into the gun safe's interior. The manufacturer claims a "certified 30 minute/1200 degree fire rating". Furthermore, internal hinged gun safes frequently have significant gaps in their fire/smoke door seal, where the hinge attatches to the door. For this reason, it is unrealistic to expect more than 20 to 30 minutes of fire protection from any internally hinged gun safe, unless the manufacturer has taken extra steps to remove these deficiencies.

How are safes fire tested?

Some gun safe companies choose to send their safes to an independent "lab" to be fire tested, but don't be fooled; in many cases, the labs allow the manufacturer to define many or all of the test parameters. For instance, if the manufacturer chooses, they can specify to have their gun safe fire tested laying down on its back in the oven. This will lead to a very misleading test. The coolest place in a safe during a fire will always be at the bottom, as heat rises. Similarly, the coolest place in a gas fired test oven will be the bottom. If the safe is tested laying down, the entire temperature reading inside the safe shows a uniform, lower than usual temperature. Additionally, the weight of the door will unrealistically help seal the door. The lab will then give the manufacturer a fire rating of, for example, 1200 degree/60 minute fire rating, when in a real-life situation, the gun safe would fail in a fraction of the time. A safe standing upright in your home, will experience much more heat than this test safe.

A manufacturer can also specify a longer ramp-up time (time it takes for the testing oven to reach the desired temperature used in their fire rating). The longer the ramp-up time, the shorter duration at peak temperature. For example, if the safe's desired fire rating is 1200 degrees/30 minutes, with ramp up during the first 20 minutes, then the safe was only exposed to 1200 degrees for the last 10 minutes of the test. However, a long ramp up time is not necessarily bad as long as the test duration is appropriately longer as well. Look for tests that are 30 minutes or longer with at least 20 of those minutes above 1000 degrees. An hour long test should have a ramp up of no more than 20 minutes. There are a number of other factors that can skew test results, like thermocouple (temperature sensor) quantity and location, burner placement, safe placement in relationship to burners and oven walls, and of course, failure criteria. As a consumer, it is impossible for you to verify exctly how the test was done. You can ask all the right questions, but you are still assuming that the person you are talking to knows exactly how the test was performed and is telling you the truth. For this reason, the only way to accurately compare fireprotection is to compare how the safe is constructed and fire-protected. It is the only way you can verify you are getting your money's worth."
[/QUOTE]

Seems to be mostly unbiased info. I was surprised to find that there is no industry standard. Which just means you need to really do your research and not rely totally on the manufacturers stated rating.

But when you compare the Cannon CA33 with the Bighorn 6039EL you will find some very stark differences.

CA33 / 6039EL
730 pounds / 830 pounds
1" locking bolts / 1.5" locking bolts
12 gauge steel / 10 gauge steel
1200/60 minutes / 1200/70 minutes
(unlisted??scary??)/ 10 locking bolts
$1324 OTD (Per you) / $1299 OTD(From Bull Dog Tuff Safes)

Since there is only a one inch difference in size between the two safes, it seems like you will get a much better deal for the Bighorn as it is less expensive, and outperforms the Cannon in every regard, with only the exception of no power outlet.

The choice is yours. Hope this helped.

AAShooter
04-26-2012, 10:16 AM
The power/networking outlet is a sweet addition.

Blarson
04-26-2012, 12:11 PM
The power/networking outlet is a sweet addition.

I totally agree. However, with less than $10 worth of supplies, you can install an internal power outlet in any safe fairly easily. You can also use a cheap extension cord, remove one end and wire an outlet inside the safe that way, so you don't have to cut unto any walls. So with about 20-30 minutes of work, you'll have the added feature with the peace of mind of extra security.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2830.jpg

If I decide to do this, I will post a How Too, but these were just extra supplies I had laying around my garage from other projects. I kind of doubt I will ever need an outlet/power in my safe. Silica gel/battery powered LED lights and I am good to go! No power needed. Some may need it though??

crackerman
04-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Please post up a how to, I would love to have safe (both defenitions) power. It can't hurt.

AAShooter
04-26-2012, 4:31 PM
The nice thing about the networking stuff is that you have have a hard drive in your safe that you can backup your data to. Then if there is a fire situation, you still have your data.

msmith556
04-26-2012, 6:12 PM
if one orders one of these safes through costco.com can they be picked up in store? The reason I ask is I dont have a membership, mine expired years ago and I want to bring the safe in discreetly, I would hate to have the costco truck pull up and draw the wrong attention and have some potential thieves see them unloading a safe onto my driveway. We have break-ins around here so I'm thinking this through.

Faded
04-26-2012, 6:51 PM
Ordered my Bighorn 8039 from California Safe Outlet. Now I just have to wait for me new toy.

Soul TKR
04-26-2012, 11:16 PM
1) No. But the Bighorn does have a pre-drilled hole for wiring, if you ever find that you need it.
2) Here is good info copied directly from the Rhino Metals website.

" How do I compare fire ratings/What fire rating should I get?

Fire tests and fire ratings vary from manufacturer to manufacturer and there is no standard or required test in the industry. This makes it impossible for the consumer to use manufacturers' fire ratings to compare safes. Comparing fire ratings is like comparing apples to oranges. The prudent customer will verify any fire protection ratings by comparing design.

Here are some factors to consider when comparing:

While plate doors tend to be slightly more secure, they inherently provide less fire protection and transfer heat faster to the safe's interior. Generally, 40 to 50 minutes is the maximum you can expect out of a plate door design.

Make sure there is an intumescent door seal around the entire perimeter of the door. See "Why is an intumescent door seal and why is it important?".

Internal hinged safes are generally inadequately protected against fire around the hinge area.

This is a picture of a very well known gun safe manufacturer's internal hinge where the internal hinge attatches to the inside body of the safe. Notice the large area of exposed metal. In a house fire, this exposed metal area will be glowing orange, radiating heat directly into the gun safe's interior. The manufacturer claims a "certified 30 minute/1200 degree fire rating". Furthermore, internal hinged gun safes frequently have significant gaps in their fire/smoke door seal, where the hinge attatches to the door. For this reason, it is unrealistic to expect more than 20 to 30 minutes of fire protection from any internally hinged gun safe, unless the manufacturer has taken extra steps to remove these deficiencies.

How are safes fire tested?

Some gun safe companies choose to send their safes to an independent "lab" to be fire tested, but don't be fooled; in many cases, the labs allow the manufacturer to define many or all of the test parameters. For instance, if the manufacturer chooses, they can specify to have their gun safe fire tested laying down on its back in the oven. This will lead to a very misleading test. The coolest place in a safe during a fire will always be at the bottom, as heat rises. Similarly, the coolest place in a gas fired test oven will be the bottom. If the safe is tested laying down, the entire temperature reading inside the safe shows a uniform, lower than usual temperature. Additionally, the weight of the door will unrealistically help seal the door. The lab will then give the manufacturer a fire rating of, for example, 1200 degree/60 minute fire rating, when in a real-life situation, the gun safe would fail in a fraction of the time. A safe standing upright in your home, will experience much more heat than this test safe.

A manufacturer can also specify a longer ramp-up time (time it takes for the testing oven to reach the desired temperature used in their fire rating). The longer the ramp-up time, the shorter duration at peak temperature. For example, if the safe's desired fire rating is 1200 degrees/30 minutes, with ramp up during the first 20 minutes, then the safe was only exposed to 1200 degrees for the last 10 minutes of the test. However, a long ramp up time is not necessarily bad as long as the test duration is appropriately longer as well. Look for tests that are 30 minutes or longer with at least 20 of those minutes above 1000 degrees. An hour long test should have a ramp up of no more than 20 minutes. There are a number of other factors that can skew test results, like thermocouple (temperature sensor) quantity and location, burner placement, safe placement in relationship to burners and oven walls, and of course, failure criteria. As a consumer, it is impossible for you to verify exctly how the test was done. You can ask all the right questions, but you are still assuming that the person you are talking to knows exactly how the test was performed and is telling you the truth. For this reason, the only way to accurately compare fireprotection is to compare how the safe is constructed and fire-protected. It is the only way you can verify you are getting your money's worth."

Seems to be mostly unbiased info. I was surprised to find that there is no industry standard. Which just means you need to really do your research and not rely totally on the manufacturers stated rating.

But when you compare the Cannon CA33 with the Bighorn 6039EL you will find some very stark differences.

CA33 / 6039EL
730 pounds / 830 pounds
1" locking bolts / 1.5" locking bolts
12 gauge steel / 10 gauge steel
1200/60 minutes / 1200/70 minutes
(unlisted??scary??)/ 10 locking bolts
$1324 OTD (Per you) / $1299 OTD(From Bull Dog Tuff Safes)

Since there is only a one inch difference in size between the two safes, it seems like you will get a much better deal for the Bighorn as it is less expensive, and outperforms the Cannon in every regard, with only the exception of no power outlet.

The choice is yours. Hope this helped.

Except for that price comparison isn't quite right if I read everything correctly... the price I listed INCLUDED bringing the safe in the house and bolting it down... The Big Horn doesn't include that correct?

Blarson
04-27-2012, 1:41 AM
Except for that price comparison isn't quite right if I read everything correctly... the price I listed INCLUDED bringing the safe in the house and bolting it down... The Big Horn doesn't include that correct?

That is right. The price only includes tax and delivery. The delivery driver will however bring the safe from the truck and put it into your garage if there is access. They will not bring it indoors(ie. in house, stairs etc). (The driver is only required to deliver curbside, but all will offer the garage placement)

Blarson
04-27-2012, 2:18 AM
if one orders one of these safes through costco.com can they be picked up in store? The reason I ask is I dont have a membership, mine expired years ago and I want to bring the safe in discreetly, I would hate to have the costco truck pull up and draw the wrong attention and have some potential thieves see them unloading a safe onto my driveway. We have break-ins around here so I'm thinking this through.

I don't know if they have an in store delivery option(I'm leaning strongly towards they don't, but you would have to call). The safe does come in a huge cardboard box which makes it a little less showy to potential dirtbags. There are inherent problems associated with a pick up anyways, unless you own a big lift-gate truck. The delivery process should only take about 20 minutes or less(with the safe visible for less time than that), which should also partially mitigate the potential of kooky loos. And mine was shipped through saia which made it less clear what I was purchasing. Being that the Bighorn safes sold at Costco.com, and the safes sold at bull dog tuff safes both ship directly from Rhino metals, I would bet money people who buy on Costco will also see their safes shipped through Saia or Reddaway. Hope this helps.

Blarson
04-27-2012, 5:34 PM
So my crappy news and good experience;
My 7144EL was scheduled for delivery on Thursday through Saia. And as scheduled, it arrived.... damaged! There was a tare through two layers of cardboard which ended with a thumbnail size scrape/chip through the powder coat, down to a black/gray primer. The scrape was on the very front of the safe on the left side door jam, at about eye level. I was disappointed, and I was on the fence about whether or not I should accept the safe or have a perfect one shipped out. I heard Rhino metals would send out some touch up paint for free, but I was still on the fence. I contacted Danny from Bull Dog Tuff Safes and he was very apologetic, but ultimately left the decision to me. After a long debate in my brain, I decided to return the safe and get one which was not damaged. The Saia delivery driver (Scott) was super cool and supportive. Being that we already had the safe in my driveway, nearly in my garage, and then had to box it back up and load it back onto the truck, I tipped the driver $10 which I practically had to force him to take. I called Danny back and told him I refused delivery; to say he was cool/understanding is an understatement. He told me he would contact Rhino metals and get another undamaged safe out to me ASAP. Well first thing this morning (the very next morning) I already had a email from Danny with a new tracking number, now with Reddaway. I consider that to be stellar customer service for both Bull Dog Tuff Safes (Danny) and Rhino Metals.
Some may think I am ridiculous to refuse a safe just for a thumbnail size chip in the surface, but I figure I paid $1600 for a perfect safe and thats what I should receive.
So.....of course I am a little bummed I dont have my new safe in my garage, however, I am very pleased with the experience, and the fact that my new safe has a projected delivery date for Tuesday(1st)! Amazing turn around.

Soul TKR
04-29-2012, 2:01 AM
Post pics when you get it... I'm especially interested to see the interior quality and welds on the door.

EXTREMEOPS1
04-29-2012, 7:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBhOjWHbD6M
Cheap safes broken into in minutes

AAShooter
04-29-2012, 7:19 AM

Are you suggesting the Rhino safes fall into this category?

jenericsig
04-29-2012, 8:13 AM
Main thing is to bolt it down.

EXTREMEOPS1
04-29-2012, 9:57 AM
All I was showing was you get the security you pay for!

Blarson
04-29-2012, 2:16 PM
All I was showing was you get the security you pay for!

I only agree that you get the security that you pay for to an extent. It is too general of a statement, as there are companies out there that cut corners and charge a lot, and companies that don't and charge less. For example, my Dad bought a liberty safe from a dealer for around $800. It was a 30" wide model, weighed about 800 pounds, only had 1" locking bolts on two sides, and fire protection for just 30 minutes @1200. I think you can get a better more secure safe for about the same price, and you can also get a less secure safe for about the same price. This is why research is paramount. (I am not saying Liberty cuts corners, they make great safes)

With this being said, I think people buy the safe THEY CAN AFFORD. If I had copious amounts of disposable cash laying around, then I would buy the King of safes, with 1 gauge steel and a million 5" locking bolts, with limitless fire protection, and endless space. Heck, I would build an underground impenetrable armory. Unfortunately, I don't have loads of cash to spend on a safe, so I bought the best/biggest safe within my households budget.

Buying a safe is a lot like buying a car, you can buy a Honda, a Volvo, or a BMW; each will offer varying levels of protection for your MOST valuables, at vastly varying costs. If you can only afford a Honda, then buy the best/safest Honda you can afford. If you can afford a BMW, then buy the best/safest BMW you can afford. And if you fall right in the middle like most, buy the best/Safest Volvo you can afford, because what it all comes down to, is that at a certain speed, or under just the right circumstances, each one will fail and you will die. (Or you could buy a Ford, a Lincoln, or a Land Rover, you get the idea).

Gun safes, no matter what you spend, can always be entered. Buy the best of what you can afford, bolt it down, and know that no matter what, safes will always just be a deterrent, and not a guarantee.

Faded
04-29-2012, 4:38 PM
I only agree that you get the security that you pay for to an extent. It is too general of a statement, as there are companies out there that cut corners and charge a lot, and companies that don't and charge less. For example, my Dad bought a liberty safe from a dealer for around $800. It was a 30" wide model, weighed about 800 pounds, only had 1" locking bolts on two sides, and fire protection for just 30 minutes @1200. I think you can get a better more secure safe for about the same price, and you can also get a less secure safe for about the same price. This is why research is paramount. (I am not saying Liberty cuts corners, they make great safes)

With this being said, I think people buy the safe THEY CAN AFFORD. If I had copious amounts of disposable cash laying around, then I would buy the King of safes, with 1 gauge steel and a million 5" locking bolts, with limitless fire protection, and endless space. Heck, I would build an underground impenetrable armory. Unfortunately, I don't have loads of cash to spend on a safe, so I bought the best/biggest safe within my households budget.

Buying a safe is a lot like buying a car, you can buy a Honda, a Volvo, or a BMW; each will offer varying levels of protection for your MOST valuables, at vastly varying costs. If you can only afford a Honda, then buy the best/safest Honda you can afford. If you can afford a BMW, then buy the best/safest BMW you can afford. And if you fall right in the middle like most, buy the best/Safest Volvo you can afford, because what it all comes down to, is that at a certain speed, or under just the right circumstances, each one will fail and you will die. (Or you could buy a Ford, a Lincoln, or a Land Rover, you get the idea).

Gun safes, no matter what you spend, can always be entered. Buy the best of what you can afford, bolt it down, and know that no matter what, safes will always just be a deterrent, and not a guarantee.

Agreed. I just ordered the Bighorn 6039 so I that I will have something better than a rifle bag to secure my guns. Right now someone could take my rifles with minimal effort. At least having some form of a safe will make it more difficult.

12voltguy
04-29-2012, 5:06 PM

if you have your safe in the middle of an empty room not bolted down, wtf do you expect?????:D:rolleyes:

that is too funny, wonder how many buy that bs sales pitch
try that to a safe in corner of room bolted to floor & walls

Soul TKR
05-01-2012, 4:38 AM
Just heard about some neighbors that had their safe bolted down. Guess they went on vacation and some theives broke in, drilled/jackhammered into the concrete slab, and stole the safe right out the door!

Wow....

msmith556
05-01-2012, 7:58 AM
Just heard about some neighbors that had their safe bolted down. Guess they went on vacation and some theives broke in, drilled/jackhammered into the concrete slab, and stole the safe right out the door!

Wow....

yea wow, they must have known the safe was there and came prepared, I think the only way to prevent that situation from happening is by having a home security monitoring service so that the alarm alerts the police that theres been a break-in.

jocww
05-01-2012, 10:36 AM

Wow....

How did the neighbors not hear anything? If your willing to do that you can have my safe.

Soul TKR
05-01-2012, 1:39 PM
How did the neighbors not hear anything? If your willing to do that you can have my safe.

I guess the neighbors next door heard it but just assumed construction was going on...

FatCity67
05-04-2012, 7:00 AM
Just got the Costco Coupon Book. As stated by the OP:

36ECB $999 35.5 cubic feet 36 guns.

I'm getting one.

Yemff
05-04-2012, 8:37 AM
if you have your safe in the middle of an empty room not bolted down, wtf do you expect?????:D:rolleyes:

that is too funny, wonder how many buy that bs sales pitch
try that to a safe in corner of room bolted to floor & walls

This is exactly what I though, all it takes is the safe to a) be bolted down b) to be up against a wall on the left side. Both of those things would take away all that leverage and make your safe that much harder to break into. Personally If I had a garage with enough space i'd put my safe in a corner and build a cinder block container around it, bolted down of course. Plus most "safes" are only RSC rated unless you want to start spending some big bucks. Most robberies are smash and grabs, so any save will help tremendously.

12voltguy
05-04-2012, 10:25 AM
This is exactly what I though, all it takes is the safe to a) be bolted down b) to be up against a wall on the left side. Both of those things would take away all that leverage and make your safe that much harder to break into. Personally If I had a garage with enough space i'd put my safe in a corner and build a cinder block container around it, bolted down of course. Plus most "safes" are only RSC rated unless you want to start spending some big bucks. Most robberies are smash and grabs, so any save will help tremendously.

yup
I can't see anyone watching that video & saying
"wow these guys are right"
don't treat customers as if they are stupid pee brain morons & you might get some sales.
I would never buy from them after that video:rolleyes:

Soul TKR
05-05-2012, 8:03 PM
Blarson.... any updates on your safe? Delivery/Pics?

Blarson
05-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Blarson.... any updates on your safe? Delivery/Pics?

Yeah. Ive had my safe since Tuesday, and love it. I literally took pictures for you today, but havnt had a chance to post them up yet. I will post an update with a bunch of pictures tomorrow.

Blarson
05-06-2012, 4:02 PM
As stated above, I got my safe. Here is a quick review which will include a bunch of pictures. I bought a Bighorn 7144EL, OTD for $1600. I have yet to bolt it down, or move it to its exact final resting point. Ill start with the cons; the interior is very nice and of high quality, however, the one shelf which has a bunch of notches for long guns, is fully upholstered, but the carpet on the bottom side was coming unglued in a few places. So I gave a gentle tug to each "flap" of carped to find that most were very loose and came apart from the wood way to easily. This was disappointing, but was very easily amended, by removing the shelf, adding a dab of wood glue, and is now fixed. The safe came with a odor which wasnt very pleasant, smelled like epoxy or a weird rubber or something. I left the door open for a few days and the smell is almost undetectable now. The locking bolts are huge at 1.5" but they could extend a bit longer. The clips which hold up the shelves seem cheep, but they actually hold up the shelf pretty well. I have however heard reports of the clips failing under lots of weight. Thats all the Cons I could find so far. 2 of the 4 were easily amended, within a short period of time. And with 16, 1.5" locking bolts, I think the locking bolt length thing is really quite petty. And I know the shelving clip system could easily be upgraded at little cost.

Pros;
The fit and finish on this safe is outstanding. The exterior texture is beautiful and tough. The five spoke solid brass handles are really heavy and nice. Aside from the glue issue on the one shelf, the interior is very high quality and nice looking. This SAFE IS SOLID!! I pushed as hard as I could and could not tip this safe. It took all the strength that both my dad and I had to slide the safe less than one inch on one side. The electronic lock is very easy to program and works EVERY time without fail. The SAFE IS HUGE! I knew it was big, but man, this safe is BIG! It should have plenty of room for expansion. The welds are continuous and flawless. And a bunch of other great features which are listed and TRUE.

I did receive this safe with a small scratch on the left hand side. I called Danny and received touch up paint at my door in less than 4 days! Rhino metals and Bull Dog Tuff Safes, both have outstanding customer service. (So does California Safe Outlet)

Here are the pictures:

I put a five gallon paint bucket next to it to show size.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2902.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2900.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2890.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2891.jpg

Blarson
05-06-2012, 4:05 PM
Here is the bad shelf after pulling down on the carpet. It wasnt this bad on arrival. Just after pulling on each one.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2880.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2881.jpg

Locking bolts and door welds:
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2892.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2893.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2898.jpg

Blarson
05-06-2012, 4:08 PM
More interior shots:
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2897.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2895.jpg

You can kind of see the cheep clips in this picture if you look close.
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2894.jpg

MrNiceGuy
05-06-2012, 6:55 PM
Where is the "hole" for the electrical cables from the interior to the exterior?
Upper left/right?
Lower left/right?
Wondering where/how to cable the golden rod + led cable lights.

Blarson
05-06-2012, 8:10 PM
Where is the "hole" for the electrical cables from the interior to the exterior?
Upper left/right?
Lower left/right?
Wondering where/how to cable the golden rod + led cable lights.

The pre-drilled hole is at the bottom right if you are behind the safe looking directly at it. It is on the lower left corner if you are looking at the front of the safe.

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2909.jpg

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2910.jpg

Dark Sky Solutions
05-06-2012, 8:35 PM
OK, I have to say, Go American!!!!

This is an investment. I suggest http://www.sunweldingsafes.com/Sun_Welding_Safe_Company/Product_Line.htm

For a review check this video out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5vl2tJqYg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Blarson
05-06-2012, 9:18 PM
OK, I have to say, Go American!!!!

This is an investment. I suggest http://www.sunweldingsafes.com/Sun_Welding_Safe_Company/Product_Line.htm

For a review check this video out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5vl2tJqYg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Your video and web link are not working. But I checked out the safes. They look nice but, for their 10 gauge steel models, they have smaller and fewer locking bolts, weigh less, and have half the fire protection, and no prices listed, but I bet they cost more than Rhino and Bighorn safes.... If you want to buy American, look at a Rhino safe. Great value and safes.

MrNiceGuy
05-06-2012, 9:23 PM
The pre-drilled hole is at the bottom right if you are behind the safe looking directly at it. It is on the lower left corner if you are looking at the front of the safe.

Thx!

Dark Sky Solutions
05-06-2012, 9:44 PM
Your video and web link are not working. But I checked out the safes. They look nice but, for their 10 gauge steel models, they have smaller and fewer locking bolts, weigh less, and have half the fire protection, and no prices listed, but I bet they cost more than Rhino and Bighorn safes.... If you want to buy American, look at a Rhino safe. Great value and safes.

Which model where u looking at? Let me know and I can tell u a price for the 10 gauge with a 2 hour fire rating.

Soul TKR
05-08-2012, 9:01 AM
Thanks for the pics Blarson... man looking at that drilled hole really gives you an idea just how thin this steel is... and that's 10 Guage!

Blarson
05-08-2012, 9:13 AM
Thanks for the pics Blarson... man looking at that drilled hole really gives you an idea just how thin this steel is... and that's 10 Guage!

No problem. Let me know if you need to see anything else. I thought the same thing when I saw the hole. Glad I did not skimp and get a 14 gauge safe!

12voltguy
05-08-2012, 9:22 AM

of course it's thin
it's measured in guage not inches yet,lol

Soul TKR
05-08-2012, 11:20 AM
of course it's thin
it's measured in guage not inches yet,lol

Yea... guess for some reason I was thinking there would be a good 1/4 - 1/2" of steel there... hell, by looking at that photo a few good swings with a pick axe would probably easily penetrate that thing...

I'm a little disappointed :(

But then again, I guess that's why they make safes that are 4k and up! Just wayyyy out of my budget...

Blarson Think you could take a better angle pic of that hole to show the thickness a bit better? Just my curiosity getting to me lol

12voltguy
05-08-2012, 11:25 AM
Yea... guess for some reason I was thinking there would be a good 1/4 - 1/2" of steel there... hell, by looking at that photo a few good swings with a pick axe would probably easily penetrate that thing...

But then again, I guess that's why they make safes that are 4k and up! Just wayyyy out of my budget...

Blarson Think you could take a better angle pic of that hole to show the thickness a bit better? Just my curiosity getting to me lol

1/4-1/2 would weigh allot:)

yes there are many videos of safes cut open with std axles

of course this is time consuming & make a bit of noise,lol

safes are to make snatch & grab lesss likely
keep guns away from kids etc:D

Blarson
05-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Which model where u looking at? Let me know and I can tell u a price for the 10 gauge with a 2 hour fire rating.

I looked at what appeared to be the only model which offered 10 gauge steel. The pony express model. Which included "Standard 1 x 1 fire protection 1200˚ at 30 minutes", with an option to upgrade to a higher rating for an additional cost.

Blarson
05-09-2012, 12:49 AM

10 gauge steel is actually pretty thick, considering most sub $2000 safes (economy Cannon Safes) are sold with 14 Gauge steel. And although most safes can be penetrated with the right tools, under the right circumstances, and with enough time and privacy, I really doubt 10 gauge steel can be EASILY penetrated with a tool such as a pick axe. Granted I'm not willing to try it on my brand new safe to prove my theory ; )

To give you a better idea of thickness, most cars and motorcycles utilize 19 gauge steel for their bodies. Now you can probably easily penetrate the car door of a Porsche with a pick axe. But if practically doubled the thickness of a fender, it would make it MUCH harder to penetrate. Not to mention, most safes have nicer, thicker coatings, such as powder coating which also protect the metal. So although the safe is not measured in inches or even quarters of inches, it is still a great DETERRENT.

Blarson
05-09-2012, 12:53 AM

http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2923.jpg

My TOTALLY scientific and PERFECTLY accurate way to show you the thickness/ depth
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2924.jpg

ABOUT where my thumbnail is at, to the end of the head of the screw.
http://i917.photobucket.com/albums/ad14/dairdevil9/IMG_2925.jpg

Blarson
05-09-2012, 12:56 AM
I will try and MIC this and show an actual measurement when I get the time. Because, now that I look at it, my thumbnail measurement looks a bit thick. And I totally cut my fingernails after posting these pictures, lol.

Rockit
05-09-2012, 1:28 AM
10 gauge is 0.1345" thick
14 is 0.0747"

Soul TKR
05-09-2012, 4:41 AM
Hmmm interesting... Thanks Blarson! :)

AAShooter
05-09-2012, 4:45 AM
So what seals the hole for the power cord in case of fire?

Blarson
05-09-2012, 10:04 AM
So what seals the hole for the power cord in case of fire?

I have thought about this same thing at length. For example, what would happen if the fire was so intense, as to melt the electrical cord all the way into your safe. This would be the one entry point for fire and smoke. Right now the hole is blocked by layers of fire board, which would do a good job of still protecting the interior from a fire. However, I am still on the fence on whether or not I want to install a electrical/USB outlet in my safe, and what ive come up with is this. If I decide to "wire" my safe, I will wrap the wire which protrudes outside of the safe with exhaust wrap (should withstand 1200 degrees), and then pack the area where the cord enters the safe with a heat resistant epoxy. When I worked as an electrician for 3 years, I used to use clay to pack around electrical conduit which would seal the conduit from filling with water. Eventually this clay/puddy would harden, and I'm sure it would be practically fire proof. I will probably use something like that to fill the hole, whether I "wire" my safe or not.

mr821907
05-09-2012, 6:49 PM
Anyone have any thoughts about the bighorn 36ebc? It doesn't look to bad for $999.99.

Blarson
05-10-2012, 2:52 AM
Anyone have any thoughts about the bighorn 36ebc? It doesn't look to bad for $999.99.

This is Rhino metals newest safe model. And it is a really great deal. The good of it, is that it is big, being almost as wide as their 6039EL but as tall as their 7144EL. It has large 1.5" locking bolts and lots of them.
Dimensions: 72" high, 36" wide and 26" deep. It has slightly less fire protection, 45 Minutes at 1200 degrees(instead of 70 min), and is made with thinner steel, 2.5mm instead of their usual 3mm (approx. 10 Gauge). It is because of this slimmer steel and less fire protection, that it weighs much less than the 7144El. But at 750 pounds, it's still heavy. Sounds like a awesome safe at a great price.

mr821907
05-10-2012, 5:24 AM
This is Rhino metals newest safe model. And it is a really great deal. The good of it, is that it is big, being almost as wide as their 6039EL but as tall as their 7144EL. It has large 1.5" locking bolts and lots of them.
Dimensions: 72" high, 36" wide and 26" deep. It has slightly less fire protection, 45 Minutes at 1200 degrees(instead of 70 min), and is made with thinner steel, 2.5mm instead of their usual 3mm (approx. 10 Gauge). It is because of this slimmer steel and less fire protection, that it weighs much less than the 7144El. But at 750 pounds, it's still heavy. Sounds like a awesome safe at a great price.

Thanks for the info. How did you find out that the steel was 2.5mm? I ask this question because there is not that much info about the 36ecb floating around the net.

Blarson
05-10-2012, 6:21 AM
Thanks for the info. How did you find out that the steel was 2.5mm? I ask this question because there is not that much info about the 36ecb floating around the net.

This whole thread was started because I was prying information from Rhino metals about their plans for future sales (So I could get a good deal on mine). During the repeated calls back and forth, they apprized me of their plans to release their newest model (36ECB) this month on Costco.com. On the first page of the thread I talk about the 36ECB with the stats etc. On one of these calls, I was informed the 36ECB would be manufactured with slightly smaller steel. I don't think this info is anywhere else on the web yet : ) Hope they arnt pissed I let you all know!! ;)

Blarson
05-10-2012, 6:38 AM
I really think as far as "bang for the buck" value, this sale on the 36ECB is going to be hard to beat.

mr821907
05-10-2012, 7:37 AM
Bought one today. You are right. For the size and features of a brand-new safe. I'm sold. I'm just glad It's going on the first floor.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Na-vah-duh
05-10-2012, 3:46 PM
I'd highly recommend their 7144El. Couldn't beat costcos price online when they had it at Christmas.

Blarson
05-10-2012, 4:50 PM
Bought one today. You are right. For the size and features of a brand-new safe. I'm sold. I'm just glad It's going on the first floor.

Congratulations on your new safe! Hopefully you can post a quick review of it on this thread when you get it. Especially since you will likely be the first one on this forum to ever own that particular model!

Blarson
05-10-2012, 4:51 PM
I'd highly recommend their 7144El. Couldn't beat costcos price online when they had it at Christmas.

+1. I have only owned my 7144EL for a couple of weeks and love it!!

mr821907
05-10-2012, 5:47 PM
Congratulations on your new safe! Hopefully you can post a quick review of it on this thread when you get it. Especially since you will likely be the first one on this forum to ever own that particular model!

Will do!

Blarson
05-15-2012, 7:42 AM
I've updated the title of this thread to more accurately reflect what it is about now. I hope this is okay with the moderators.

DRUNKENMASTER
05-17-2012, 5:47 PM
I ordered the Bighorn 19ECB from Costco.com. Does it really 6 weeks for delivery? Man, I can't wait...

Faded
05-17-2012, 6:26 PM
My Bighorn 6039 from California Safe Outlet is scheduled for delivery and install on Saturday. With any luck there will be no issues ... woot woot

mr821907
05-17-2012, 7:05 PM
Just an update to my order. Bighorn classic 36ECB is in fulfillment status from costco. Waiting on shipping company for ship date confirmation. It's been a week but an email from Amy at rhino said I should get a call within 2 weeks from the freight company. This should give me enough time to get my lighting project underway. I bought the lighting parts from a friend who works at an electrical parts shop who gave me a homeboy price. I know I could have bought a kit from the guy who sells them at the gun shows and here at calguns but what fun would that be? Plus I was able to get 32ft of leds and parts for less than half of what the guy charges. I'm going to use some of the extra strips for my bedside drawer. I'm going to make it automatically light up when I open the drawer to see the microvault better. Here is what ive got so far. http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0426.jpg

mr821907
05-17-2012, 7:09 PM
Forgot to mention this will all be running on batteries in case there is a power outage.

Blarson
05-18-2012, 6:35 AM
I ordered the Bighorn 19ECB from Costco.com. Does it really 6 weeks for delivery? Man, I can't wait...

I was told the 19ECB will go on sale in mid June. Hopefully costco will reimburse you the difference, being that you bought it so close to the sale. Worst case, you could always return it, and re-buy it. Last time this model was on sale for around $500, so theoretically you could save over $200. And most people report getting their "Costco" safes in less than 2 weeks. Congrats on your new safe!

gwgn02
05-18-2012, 4:29 PM
I bought a Steelwater. Very happy with it for the money its a high quality safe, fit and finish exceeded my expectations. I'm buying another this week, but hopefully will be the larger one. Never think you'll get by with a small safe..lol

http://superiorlockandsafe.reachlocal.com/?scid=1168310&kw=4259328&pub_cr_id=202236339

DRUNKENMASTER
05-18-2012, 5:44 PM
I was told the 19ECB will go on sale in mid June. Hopefully costco will reimburse you the difference, being that you bought it so close to the sale. Worst case, you could always return it, and re-buy it. Last time this model was on sale for around $500, so theoretically you could save over $200. And most people report getting their "Costco" safes in less than 2 weeks. Congrats on your new safe!

Thanks for the info. When it goes on sale I'll stop by my local Costco and ask for reimbursement. Just got an email from Costco and it looks like they shipped my safe today but still haven't got a call from Reddaway. It would be great to have my safe next week! Also I just checked my bank account and it looks like they haven't billed it yet. Wonder what's up with that.

Soul TKR
05-18-2012, 6:43 PM
I bought a Steelwater. Very happy with it for the money its a high quality safe, fit and finish exceeded my expectations. I'm buying another this week, but hopefully will be the larger one. Never think you'll get by with a small safe..lol

http://superiorlockandsafe.reachlocal.com/?scid=1168310&kw=4259328&pub_cr_id=202236339

Make a thread with pictures/review! I was looking at those safes as well...

mr821907
05-18-2012, 9:35 PM
Got the email from Costco that the 36ECB is on shipped status. Ordered 5/10/12 so it took a week but no call yet from the shipping co. Reddaway will be the trucking co.

Blarson
05-19-2012, 6:56 AM
Just an update to my order. Bighorn classic 36ECB is in fulfillment status from costco. Waiting on shipping company for ship date confirmation. It's been a week but an email from Amy at rhino said I should get a call within 2 weeks from the freight company. This should give me enough time to get my lighting project underway. I bought the lighting parts from a friend who works at an electrical parts shop who gave me a homeboy price. I know I could have bought a kit from the guy who sells them at the gun shows and here at calguns but what fun would that be? Plus I was able to get 32ft of leds and parts for less than half of what the guy charges. I'm going to use some of the extra strips for my bedside drawer. I'm going to make it automatically light up when I open the drawer to see the microvault better. Here is what ive got so far. http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0426.jpg

I'm excited to see what you do with the lights! Please post some pics when your done.

mr821907
05-19-2012, 7:21 AM
I'm excited to see what you do with the lights! Please post some pics when your done.

Once the safe comes in I'll try my best to do a review. If there is anything specific anyone would like to know about the safe just post it so I can start making a list of things to look at.

Faded
05-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Bighorn 6039 delivered and installed thanks to California Safe Outlet. Finally my rifles are off the floor and a bit harder to take.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/Faded1_one/Guns/IMG_4393.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/Faded1_one/Guns/IMG_4395.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/Faded1_one/Guns/IMG_4397.jpg

Soul TKR
05-19-2012, 1:25 PM
What was the total that set you back?

engi
05-19-2012, 1:39 PM
Tagging for later review.

Blarson
05-19-2012, 5:19 PM
Bighorn 6039 delivered and installed thanks to California Safe Outlet. Finally my rifles are off the floor and a bit harder to take.

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/Faded1_one/Guns/IMG_4393.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/Faded1_one/Guns/IMG_4395.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/Faded1_one/Guns/IMG_4397.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Please post a quick review of it on here if you can. Congratulations on your new safe. It looks great!!

FatCity67
05-19-2012, 7:35 PM

So no more closet door? :D

If your married I bet the wife is happy about that.

Faded
05-19-2012, 11:08 PM
So no more closet door? :D

If your married I bet the wife is happy about that.

Haha it does take up a good chunk of space. The doors on the closet do actual slide in front of the safe to hide it. Now I need to find a place to put all my crap that was in there.

Faded
05-19-2012, 11:11 PM
What was the total that set you back?
I want to say around $1600 that includes the safe, dehumidfier, delivery, in house install, and bolted down.

zealot9802
05-20-2012, 6:15 AM
Hey faded. Are you on a slab or raised foundation if you dont mind me asking? If raised, did they support underneath?

Faded
05-20-2012, 10:34 AM
Hey faded. Are you on a slab or raised foundation if you dont mind me asking? If raised, did they support underneath?

It's a slab.

zealot9802
05-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Lucky. I want to put a safe inside, but im on raised. Most dont suggest putting inside unless its supported underneath (over 500lbs).

Faded
05-20-2012, 1:14 PM
Lucky. I want to put a safe inside, but im on raised. Most dont suggest putting inside unless its supported underneath (over 500lbs).

Call up Curtis at California Safe Outlet and see if they have any options for you.

mr821907
05-22-2012, 5:27 PM
Well the safe arrived today. I'm pretty pleased with the shipping time and the safe itself. No dings or scratches. I took some pics out of the box but now I'm going to have to find some time to get it in where it need to go. I'm going to be tied up for a few days but I will update when I get a chance.
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0433.jpg
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0434.jpg
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0445.jpg

Soul TKR
05-24-2012, 3:24 AM
Are there no locking bolts on the top/bottom of that safe?

mr821907
05-24-2012, 5:34 AM
Are there no locking bolts on the top/bottom of that safe?

There are 12 total

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0458.jpg

Soul TKR
05-24-2012, 7:04 AM
Ok cool man thanks! Pretty sure this is the safe I'm gonna end up going with.

mr821907
05-24-2012, 7:54 AM
Ok cool man thanks! Pretty sure this is the safe I'm gonna end up going with.

I say go for it. $999.99 +tax free ship. You can't go wrong for the size and features.

California Safe Outlet
05-24-2012, 9:32 AM
Memorial Day Sale, BigHorn 6030 $999, Bighorn 6039 $1299. And there in stock, no waiting! Come down and look and feel the safe for yourself.

Blarson
05-24-2012, 7:10 PM
FYI to all:
The Bighorn 36ECB will only be on sale on Costco.com for another few days. The sale ends on June 3rd. It's on sale right now for 999.99 with free shipping. That's $400 off, and an awesome deal for a very large safe.

Soul TKR
05-24-2012, 8:55 PM
I say go for it. $999.99 +tax free ship. You can't go wrong for the size and features.

What was the total out the door?

mr821907
05-24-2012, 9:19 PM
Lighting completed.

This is how it looks if there was a power outage.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0475.jpg

With power back on.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0476.jpg

DRUNKENMASTER
05-24-2012, 9:25 PM
^Nice! My safe arrives tomorrow. Can't wait!

mr821907
05-24-2012, 9:27 PM
Just a little tip for the DIY people out there. I ended up using old computer ribbon cable for the corner bends. It's good stuff and very clean looking and flexible.

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0463.jpg

mr821907
05-24-2012, 9:38 PM
What was the total out the door?

Summary
Subtotal: $999.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Tax: $73.75
Order Total: $1,073.74

Get it while It's hot!

Soul TKR
05-24-2012, 9:58 PM
Damn... looks like I'm gonna miss this sell. I don't move into my new house till August. There's no point in having to move this damn safe twice so I gotta wait till then to purchase it :(

Blarson
05-24-2012, 11:08 PM
Damn... looks like I'm gonna miss this sell. I don't move into my new house till August. There's no point in having to move this damn safe twice so I gotta wait till then to purchase it :(

If I were you, I'd call Costco and see if you can buy it now and have it delivered in August when you move. I don't see why they wouldn't be able too. That way you could save $400. That is if your financially ready to buy now. Just a thought.

Soul TKR
05-25-2012, 5:07 AM
Yea I'll have to check into that.... I mean the worst outcome is if I had to I could probably always cancel the order before delivery, but at least I could take advantage of the price now.

mr821907
05-26-2012, 9:58 PM
Have you guys found anything close to this stor-it organizer from amsec. http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/PDO_BF7240.jpg

Blarson
05-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Have you guys found anything close to this stor-it organizer from amsec. http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/PDO_BF7240.jpg

I would love to get something like this. The only problem is ive read that the Bighorn shelfs come within about a half an inch from the door when it is shut, making it impossible to have a full door organizer like this, unless you want to trim down the shelfs by 5-6". I'm going
To just buy Individual Velcro pieces as needed, and place them in between the shelfs.

mr821907
05-26-2012, 11:50 PM
I'm going to try this since the dimensions seem to fit just right and It's see thru.

57x21

http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/24_Pocket_Over_the_Door_Shoe_Organizer_in_Black.jp g

Soul TKR
05-27-2012, 12:01 PM
:lol:

triggs75
06-01-2012, 7:17 PM
When the BIGHORN 19ECB Safe goes on safe in a couple of weeks, hopefully, at costco, what is the normal sale price of it?

Thanks Chad

Blarson
06-03-2012, 3:32 PM
When the BIGHORN 19ECB Safe goes on safe in a couple of weeks, hopefully, at costco, what is the normal sale price of it?

Thanks Chad

I think it went for right around $500 the last time it went on sale. With free shipping.

Blarson
06-03-2012, 3:37 PM
Costco has extended their sale on the Bighorn 36ECB until June 17th. It is still $400 off, so get it while you can for $999. Great deal.

Soul TKR
06-04-2012, 8:55 PM
Wish I could, but I called and they won't hold it for me :(

00Medic
06-04-2012, 9:11 PM
Just ordered my 36ECB tonight at the sale price. Sweet deal. Hope it doesn't take the entire 4-6 weeks to arrive.

Blarson
06-04-2012, 9:46 PM
Just ordered my 36ECB tonight at the sale price. Sweet deal. Hope it doesn't take the entire 4-6 weeks to arrive.

Congratulations! Most people report Costco delivery in under two weeks. Tell us what you think about it when you get yours!

Blarson
06-04-2012, 9:58 PM
Wish I could, but I called and they won't hold it for me :(

Bummer! Keep in mind that most deliveries for safes within close proximities run about $200. If you bought during the sale and then paid again to move it, you'd still probably save more than $200. Once again, just my .02. But then again, rhino may put it on sale again in the future, so????

langm1
06-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Congratulations! Most people report Costco delivery in under two weeks. Tell us what you think about it when you get yours!

I ordered mine last Friday, and received an email from Rhino yesterday saying it is ready to ship. So just waiting for call from shipping company to set up a time that they can deliver. :D

Soul TKR
06-05-2012, 1:33 PM
I'm jealous!

mr821907
06-05-2012, 5:16 PM
Well I don't think it came out to bad. Lots of pockets to put nicknacks in and you can see what's in the pockets.
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0506.jpg

00Medic
06-05-2012, 6:14 PM
Well I don't think it came out to bad. Lots of pockets to put nicknacks in and you can see what's in the pockets.
http://i483.photobucket.com/albums/rr197/mrmj821907/IMAG0506.jpg

That is niiice. Where from? How much?

mr821907
06-05-2012, 6:22 PM
That is niiice. Where from? How much?

Google door shoe organizer. There are a lot to choose from and they are around $20.

Soul TKR
06-05-2012, 10:00 PM
:lol: didn't know you were serious about that... thought it was a joke...

Boomer...
06-08-2012, 8:36 AM
I think it went for right around $500 the last time it went on sale. With free shipping.

Latest Costco coupon mailer shows Bighorn 19ECB (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?prodid=11625662&whse=BC&topnav=&cm_sp=RichRelevance-_-categorypageHorizontalTop-_-PopularProductsInCategory&cm_vc=categorypageHorizontalTop|PopularProductsInC ategory) again at $569.99 (online orders only) starting June 14 through July 8. I'm not thrilled about Made in China, but cost for size and intended use in my garage is compelling. BTW, I saw that Sun Welding Safe (http://www.sunweldingsafes.com/Sun_Welding_Safe_Company/Home.html) has a gun show promo in process now (displaying at Ventura Fairgrounds show this weekend), so I called them for pricing on a few models. Bottom line (even with promo), del'vd price for a similar size and featured Made in USA safe would cost me $300+ more than Costco's Bighorn sale. I'll ponder it a few days before the sale starts... :)

Blarson
06-11-2012, 9:59 AM
The Bighorn 19ECB is on sale NOW on Costco.com. $200 off at $570.

facn650
06-11-2012, 12:02 PM
The Bighorn 19ECB is on sale NOW on Costco.com. $200 off at $570.

Yup. I was waiting for the sale too but ordered today at the sale price.

12voltguy
06-11-2012, 12:03 PM
14" depth is real small:(

photorog
06-11-2012, 4:03 PM
I was waiting for this sale on the 19ECB due to this thread. Saw it was on sale this morning and put the order in. Thanks, Calguns!

Kerplow
06-11-2012, 5:33 PM
Well now I'm all jelly. I payed $999 for my 6030EL. Oh well, at least mine has a 70 minute fire rating. :p

Banana_hands
06-11-2012, 7:14 PM
The Wife ordered one for me today as a fathers day present. She's a keeper! :wub:

Edit: already shows "gone to fulfillment!" woohoo!

msmith556
06-13-2012, 9:12 PM
Ordered a 19ecb from costco. Does anyone from the socal la area know what trucking company delivers the safe, and what the packing box looks like. Does it say safe on the outside of the box, and is it attached to a wooden pallet?
Thanks

DRUNKENMASTER
06-13-2012, 9:38 PM
I ordered my 19ECB a month ago and it got delivered 3 weeks ago. I called Costco.com today and they credited me $200 bucks!

Blarson
06-15-2012, 1:53 PM
Congratulations to all of you with new safes! I hope this thread helped you in some way! Someone who has a new 19ECB, please post a review on here of what you think (hopefully with some pictures), so others can better decide.

Upon request from one of our Calgun'ers, I called Rhino Metals today to inquire if there were plans for any more sales for the rest of the year. I once again spoke with Shane who was most friendly as usual. He related, there were "talks" of more sales planned for later this year, however, nothing had been solidified as of yet. So if you cant afford it now (Because some are still on sale) you should still be able to receive a deal before the world ends in late 2012 : )

cqbdude
06-15-2012, 4:09 PM
Congratulations to all of you with new safes! I hope this thread helped you in some way! Someone who has a new 19ECB, please post a review on here of what you think (hopefully with some pictures), so others can better decide.

Upon request from one of our Calgun'ers, I called Rhino Metals today to inquire if there were plans for any more sales for the rest of the year. I once again spoke with Shane who was most friendly as usual. He related, there were "talks" of more sales planned for later this year, however, nothing had been solidified as of yet. So if you cant afford it now (Because some are still on sale) you should still be able to receive a deal before the world ends in late 2012 : )

Thanks for the update...

DRUNKENMASTER
06-15-2012, 5:27 PM
Here are a couple of pics of my 19ECB. I installed Litetech's LED Gun safe light kit in it and also had a old junk mirror laying around that I stuck inside.

Soul TKR
06-16-2012, 2:53 AM
I went to California Safe Outlet last week and saw these Rhino's in person. All I have to say is DAMN BLARSON!!!! That 7144 is a big F'ing safe! LOL!!!

The 36ECB from costco will be PLENTY for me... especially seeing as I have yet to purchase any guns LOL...

Thinking I might have it delivered to my garage and just get another guy to help me move it into the house with my forearm forklifts I have... those things work great and make everything feel about 1/3rd the original weight...

Thanks for the update on the sale at the end of the year... Seeing as we aren't moving for another 2-3 months, hopefully I'll be able to get it then.

Blarson
06-17-2012, 9:14 PM
I went to California Safe Outlet last week and saw these Rhino's in person. All I have to say is DAMN BLARSON!!!! That 7144 is a big F'ing safe! LOL!!!

The 36ECB from costco will be PLENTY for me... especially seeing as I have yet to purchase any guns LOL...

HAHAHA!! I thought the same exact thing when I got it! It is a huge safe! But I have about 14 long guns and plans for many more, so I thought the bigger the better. If I planned on being done, I definitely would have gone for the 36ecb! It is, in my opinion, the best deals in safes when it's on sale.

Thinking I might have it delivered to my garage and just get another guy to help me move it into the house with my forearm forklifts I have... those things work great and make everything feel about 1/3rd the original weight...

I've used those four arm forklifts to lift heavy things like washing machines. But a 7 to 800 pound safe might still be a stretch. If you had four guys with a pair of them, it could probably be done.

Thanks for the update on the sale at the end of the year... Seeing as we aren't moving for another 2-3 months, hopefully I'll be able to get it then.

No problem!! I hope they do go on sale for everyone who isn't able to get one this go-around.

Blarson
06-17-2012, 9:19 PM
Here are a couple of pics of my 19ECB. I installed Litetech's LED Gun safe light kit in it and also had a old junk mirror laying around that I stuck inside.

Thanks for the pictures! The safe looks great, and the mirror is a really smart idea. What do you think about it?

(This is the 200th post in this thread!!)

triggs75
06-17-2012, 10:08 PM
I purchased the bighorn 19ecb today finally. I saw this thread back in Christmas time last time they were on sale and was to late for it as they were out of stock. Can't wait to get it and put it to use. Thanks guys for the info.

Chad

Soul TKR
06-18-2012, 3:19 AM
HAHAHA!! I thought the same exact thing when I got it! It is a huge safe! But I have about 14 long guns and plans for many more, so I thought the bigger the better. If I planned on being done, I definitely would have gone for the 36ecb! It is, in my opinion, the best deals in safes when it's on sale.

Yea what I like about the 36ECB is that it's tall, like the 7144...

Soul TKR
06-18-2012, 3:22 AM
I've used those four arm forklifts to lift heavy things like washing machines. But a 7 to 800 pound safe might still be a stretch. If you had four guys with a pair of them, it could probably be done.

Hmmm, guess I'll have to find out lol. I've also got a set that straps around your entire torso. Which might work even better.

tradecraft
06-21-2012, 1:38 PM
I just ordered a 36ECB from Danny at Bulldog Tuff Safes; it should arrive sometime next week. Before you guys order from Costco, you should really give him a call :)

mr821907
06-21-2012, 1:45 PM
We used an appliance dolly and three guys. Remove the door to make lifting a bit easier.

Soul TKR
06-21-2012, 11:56 PM
how do you remove the door?

Blarson
06-22-2012, 3:41 AM

I've read that you just lift up on the door to remove it. I don't plan on trying it though.

mr821907
06-22-2012, 5:32 AM

Yes lift up the door it should shave off 200 pounds.

Soul TKR
06-22-2012, 11:37 PM
No removing of any caps/hinges etc....? Just simply lift up on the door?

af240z
06-22-2012, 11:46 PM
Yep. That's what I did

Soul TKR
06-23-2012, 1:27 AM
Wow...lol

Good to know! Thanks!

Banana_hands
06-26-2012, 6:30 AM
Has anyone recieved their safe purchased during the current sale? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago today and was really hoping to be one of the lucky ones that gets it quickly.

Blarson
06-26-2012, 4:44 PM
I can open these chinese safe's quicker than a can of soup. All with cordless tools and fairly quietly.
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!

Considering these "Chinese safes" have 10 gauge steel, which is the equivalent(or thicker) of most of their American made counterparts costing twice as much. I think they are great options for people who don't have the $$ to buy a bank vault. If you read this entire thread there are discussions about this. Once again, yes, you can spend more money and buy a better safe. But the bottom line is, after much research I found these safes to be the BEST VALUE (IMO). But my suggestion is, instead of making unsubstantiated claims, post an comparable equivalent so it can be discussed.

Dark Sky Solutions
06-26-2012, 4:54 PM
What about these? Made local in SOCAL and being sold by a calgun vedor plus they are on sale

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=572188

tradecraft
06-26-2012, 5:16 PM
Has anyone recieved their safe purchased during the current sale? I ordered mine 2 weeks ago today and was really hoping to be one of the lucky ones that gets it quickly.

Costco guys, call Bulldog and consider cancelling your original order. My safe arrived on the third business day; Costco's backlog is pretty long right now (weeks and week). You'll also save some cash...

triggs75
06-26-2012, 9:18 PM
I can open these chinese safe's quicker than a can of soup. All with cordless tools and fairly quietly.
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!

You're cool!

mr821907
06-26-2012, 10:14 PM
:popcorn:

msmith556
06-27-2012, 3:32 PM
ill just put a sticker that says " made in the USA " on my safe :)

Na-vah-duh
06-27-2012, 3:38 PM
ill just put a sticker that says " made in the USA " on my safe :)

Amen lol! First thing I did was rip off the "made in china" sticker on the dam side:D The safe is now already more secure:cool2:

Dirtbikindad393
06-27-2012, 4:20 PM
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!

If you get past the dog I bet you won't get past my 1911 or 12 ga that do not reside in the safe! But your welcome to come try and if you make it past either one you may have all the contents in the safe! One recomendation wear body armor. :25: :63: :30: :patriot:

mr821907
06-27-2012, 5:17 PM
I don't even say made in China anymore. I just say LouisVuitaiwan :eek:

Blarson
06-27-2012, 8:46 PM
I don't even say made in China anymore. I just say LouisVuitaiwan :eek:

Hahaha!!

yuccales
06-28-2012, 6:06 AM
Buyer beware!!!!!!!!!!

Folks must be proud.

Blarson
06-28-2012, 7:14 AM
Mojoe, please back up your claims some how, or post something useful to us all. Because, that was the whole reason why I started this thread in the first place.

Blarson
07-02-2012, 8:22 AM
FYI: The Bighorn 19ECB and the 36ECB are still on sale on Costco.com through July 8th. Get'm while there hot!!

MaHoTex
07-02-2012, 10:06 AM
FYI: The Bighorn 19ECB and the 36ECB are still on sale on Costco.com through July 8th. Get'm while there hot!!

Ordered the 36ECB... Hope it gets here quick! Not sure how the heck I am going to move it by myself though.

00Medic
07-02-2012, 10:18 AM
Ordered the 36ECB... Hope it gets here quick! Not sure how the heck I am going to move it by myself though.

My 36ECB came exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it. And yeah, it takes about 3+ people to move it. The thing is heavier than heck and SOLID. I love it.
Still have to put the lights in though.

triggs75
07-02-2012, 7:18 PM
Orderedmine on the 17th of June and nothing yet. Hope they call soon for delivery.

Dark Sky Solutions
07-02-2012, 7:51 PM
I would rather go with a Sun Welding Safe made in Simi Valley, California. MADE IN THE USA!!!!

The Scout is currently on Sale for $1085 from AOI Guns. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=572188)

If you want more info on the Scout Series from Sun Welding Safes Click Here (http://www.sunweldingsafes.com/Sun_Welding_Safe_Company/Scout_Series.html).

Sun Welding Safe is a true America Company.

Dirtbikindad393
07-02-2012, 8:16 PM
My 36ECB came exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it. And yeah, it takes about 3+ people to move it. The thing is heavier than heck and SOLID. I love it.
Still have to put the lights in though.

What lights are you getting and where? I need to light mine too!

tradecraft
07-02-2012, 8:21 PM

Your driver should have a pallet jack. Once he drops it into rough position, it's pretty easy for the two of you to move it a few more feet.

If your driver drops it off on your driveway and leaves, you're probably SOL :p

What lights are you getting and where? I need to light mine too!

Try these.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=585752&highlight=

Blarson
07-03-2012, 2:51 AM
I would rather go with a Sun Welding Safe made in Simi Valley, California. MADE IN THE USA!!!!

The Scout is currently on Sale for $1085 from AOI Guns. (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=572188)

If you want more info on the Scout Series from Sun Welding Safes Click Here (http://www.sunweldingsafes.com/Sun_Welding_Safe_Company/Scout_Series.html).

Sun Welding Safe is a true America Company.

Looks like nice safes. But if your comparing the scout s34 to the bighorn 36ECB. For less money you'll get thicker body steel, heavier safe, thicker locking bolts, more fire protection, a five spoke handle, more locking bolts, a much larger safe, and a made in china sticker : ) I will always root for made in America, but look at the comparison! There is a reason why people are choosing them.

tvfreakarms
07-03-2012, 3:49 AM
So...how did the group buy go?
If i had know about it sooner i might of jumped in on it.

tvfreakarms
07-03-2012, 3:51 AM
Also, does the bighorn safes doors swings open 180 or is it just 90?

MaHoTex
07-03-2012, 6:45 AM
It swings 180 degrees.

Update: I ordered yesterday, got my confirmation email from Rhino this morning. Woo hoo... Here we go!

Soul TKR
07-03-2012, 10:46 AM
I really gotta stop reading this thread lol

tvfreakarms
07-04-2012, 2:06 AM
which model did you get?

I'm also thinking about getting an amsec safe, but they are expensive.

It swings 180 degrees.

Update: I ordered yesterday, got my confirmation email from Rhino this morning. Woo hoo... Here we go!

MaHoTex
07-04-2012, 9:54 AM
which model did you get?

I'm also thinking about getting an amsec safe, but they are expensive.

I ordered the 36ECB which is onsale at Costco.

mr.BeBoT
07-09-2012, 5:39 AM
Those of you with the 19ECB, are you retaining the SecuRam electronic lock? I'm on the fence about switching to mechanical.

Soul TKR
07-14-2012, 2:39 AM
Any updates? Everyone still happy with their purchase?

Bobby Ricigliano
07-14-2012, 6:35 AM
I ordered my 19ECB the day Costco put them on sale. I eeceived a confirmation email a few days later but I have not received the safe yet. It has been about a month.

MaHoTex
07-14-2012, 8:33 AM
Does anyone know the depth of the Bighorn 36ECB WITH the handle installed? I will be putting mine inside a concealing cabinet with doors and need to know the depth required. All of the measurement I am able to find say it is 24" WITHOUT the handle. That is just a useless measurement.

Thanks!

Blarson
07-14-2012, 5:35 PM
Does anyone know the depth of the Bighorn 36ECB WITH the handle installed? I will be putting mine inside a concealing cabinet with doors and need to know the depth required. All of the measurement I am able to find say it is 24" WITHOUT the handle. That is just a useless measurement.

Thanks!

I have the 7144EL, but I'm pretty sure it uses the same five spoke handle as the 36ECB. And from the door face to the furthest point of the handles measured, 2 &3/4". Hope that helps.

MaHoTex
07-14-2012, 6:01 PM
Thanks BL. That will work out great since I was planning on 4".

Another member PM'd me earlier and said they would check their 36ECB tonight, but I am sure you are right about them using the same 5 spoke.

mr821907
07-15-2012, 12:33 PM
Thanks BL. That will work out great since I was planning on 4".

Another member PM'd me earlier and said they would check their 36ECB tonight, but I am sure you are right about them using the same 5 spoke.

26 3/4 inches total depth with spokes. 36ecb model.

MaHoTex
07-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Thank you Mr82. That is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate your help!

mr821907
07-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Thank you Mr82. That is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate your help!

No problem maho. Feel free to ask any questions. Were here to help out as much as we can.

Blarson
07-15-2012, 5:00 PM
26 3/4 inches total depth with spokes. 36ecb model.

My suspicion was correct, they must use the same handle.
24"+2 3/4"=26 3/4"
But I'm glad that MR821907 confirmed this for you!

MaHoTex
07-16-2012, 5:30 PM
Received the call and my new safe will be delivered tomorrow. I contacted a local safe moving company and they will come by and put it in place, level it, and bolt it down for me.

mr821907
07-16-2012, 5:56 PM
Received the call and my new safe will be delivered tomorrow. I contacted a local safe moving company and they will come by and put it in place, level it, and bolt it down for me.

Congrats you won't be disappointed.