PDA

View Full Version : Got my letter from Boxer.

aileron
04-19-2007, 7:07 PM
I dont remember being a hunter nor a sportmen. In fact I dont know what a sportsmen is, not that I wouldnt mind being one. We all know thats not what the 2nd is about anyways. I should of made that statement in my letter.

Dear Mr. XXXXXXXXX

Thank you for writing to me about gun control legislation. I appreciate hearing your views.

I understand the right of hunters, sportsmen and other law-abiding citizens to be able to own a gun. I believe, however, that we can still respect this right while working to curb the incidence of gun violence and firearm-related fatalities through sensible gun control laws.

In keeping with this, I have supported legislation such as the Brady Bill, the Child Safety Lock Act and efforts to close the so-called "gun show loophole." These measures are designed to make firearms safer and to help keep them out of the hands of people who are not legally allowed to own them. They do not interfere with the right of lawful citizens to purchase or own guns.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with me. Please let me know if I can be of assistance in the future.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov

SemiAutoSam
04-19-2007, 7:11 PM
Did you happen to mention to her that she is delusional ? and out of touch with reality behind her bullet proof glass limo and with her armed body guards?

aileron
04-19-2007, 7:17 PM
Naa, then she wouldnt take me serious. Oh wait, she doesnt take me serious.

Oh well.

Bad Voodoo
04-19-2007, 7:21 PM
She's insane, like the vast majority of all CA legislators.

Out of this side of my mouth I'll say, "I understand the right of hunters, sportsmen and other law-abiding citizens to be able to own a gun. I believe, however, that we can still respect this right while working to curb the incidence of gun violence and firearm-related fatalities through sensible gun control laws."

And out of the other side of my mouth I'll say, In keeping with this, I have supported legislation such as the Brady Bill, the Child Safety Lock Act and efforts to close the so-called "gun show loophole." These measures are designed to make firearms safer and to help keep them out of the hands of people who are not legally allowed to own them. They do not interfere with the right of lawful citizens to purchase or own guns."

They're knuckledragging gun nuts and won't know the difference.

:rolleyes: Insane, I tell ya. Truly insane.

-voodoo

Socal858
04-19-2007, 7:26 PM
its a really kind way of saying "your inquiry went straight to the trash can"

sintax
04-19-2007, 8:04 PM
what a cocky c*nt...shes pretty worthless in my book

Fate
04-19-2007, 8:07 PM
what a cocky c*nt...shes pretty worthless in my book

pretty?

WokMaster1
04-19-2007, 8:12 PM
gun show loopholes? Didn't the federal law prohibit buying/selling firearms without an FFL? I know that Georgia & Florida used to have that loophole. Anyone knows?

California has already closed that hole up years ago so why do we keep on hearing that crap over & over again?
:mad:

cartman
04-19-2007, 8:29 PM
gun show loopholes? Didn't the federal law prohibit buying/selling firearms without an FFL? I know that Georgia & Florida used to have that loophole. Anyone knows?

California has already closed that hole up years ago so why do we keep on hearing that crap over & over again?

Because it sounds good to impresionable minds:mad:

anothergunnut
04-19-2007, 8:40 PM
Even she puts quotation marks around the gun show loophole. Does that mean she is acknowledging that it is a farce?

thedrickel
04-19-2007, 9:24 PM

In many states you can do face to face transfers without an FFL. As long as the guy has the right DL and you have no reason to believe he is insane or a felon you can sell to him.

patman
04-19-2007, 10:02 PM
You have to remember that most people still think what they see on TV is always real.

1) Recent TV show had the bad guys (Russian former ex military here illegally) buy ar15's with pistol grip and detachable mags from an Los Angeles area dealer. They also sold the BG's AK's.

what do people think after watching the show? They sure don't know about Gun Act 1968 or RR89,SB23.

2) The modifications to the rifles the North Hollywood Bank Robbery were already illegal. How do you ban something that has been banned for almost 30 years at the time?

Sen. Boxer is not delusional. She's smart enough to get her way and to get enough votes to be a re-elected official.

WokMaster1
04-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Any one want to buy Boxer an NRA membership & mail it to her in DC?:p

anotherted
04-19-2007, 11:25 PM
I think a coupon for Fantastic Sams would be more usefull.

MrLogan
04-19-2007, 11:57 PM
I got the same reply. Bleh.

CalNRA
04-19-2007, 11:59 PM
I am sick of Jewish politicians pushing Nazi-like gun-laws in this country.

Sorry for being blunt, but that's exactly what's happening in this state.

we need to get Ms Froman up to Washington and show these two what real Americans want.

kap
04-24-2007, 3:01 PM
Dear Friend:

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for sensible gun laws. I appreciate hearing from you.

Like you, I was shocked and sickened by the killings at Virginia Tech. My heart goes out to the families of the victims and the entire Virginia Tech community as they struggle to deal with this horrible loss.

This dreadful event demonstrates once again that there are too many guns in this country that wind up in the wrong hands.

I believe that enacting sensible gun laws is one of the most important steps we can take to keep us safe. I have fought to curb gun violence by supporting legislation that regulates the availability of guns to those who would be a danger and laws that protect children through child safety locks. I have also supported increased security in our schools and strong enforcement of firearms laws.

As you may know, the Assault Weapons Ban protected Americans between 1994 and 2004, when it expired. In the last Congress, I was proud to be an orig inal co-sponsor of both the Assault Weapons Ban Reauthorization and the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2005. These bills would have made it unlawful to sell or possess a semiautomatic assault weapon.

The House of Representatives is currently considering the Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2007. I strongly support this legislation and will fight for its passage in the Senate.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please don't hesitate to contact me again about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Obviously Boxer or whoever wrote this did not read my letter. Figured I would get a canned response. I just want to know why the new AWB is also titled "Law Enforcement Protection Act"? If law enforcement can't protect themselves how in the hell do they expect to protect us and what do "Assault Weapons" have to do with Virginia Tech. Clearly Boxer is out of touch, but that is nothing we didn't already know. I will be proud to vote for whoever runs against her during the next election.

bwiese
04-24-2007, 3:19 PM
Sen. Boxer is not delusional. She's smart enough to get her way and to get enough votes to be a re-elected official.

You do have to remember Boxer's opinion will be completely colored in that her son, Doug, is on the board of LCAV. He was a classmate/buddy of lawyer John Scully, shot in the 101 California (San Francisco) incident back in 1993.

JALLEN
04-24-2007, 3:19 PM
Naa, then she wouldnt take me serious. Oh wait, she doesnt take me serious.

Oh well.

At least she'll keep her hands off your barrel shroud.

anotherone
04-24-2007, 4:02 PM
Did you happen to mention to her that she is delusional ? and out of touch with reality behind her bullet proof glass limo and with her armed body guards?

The bullet proof glass and armed body guards only come into play if Senator Feinstein doesn't first decide to lawfully shoot you with her Beretta 92 that she's carrying lawfully. Coincidentally, for a considerable amount of time she was the ONLY CCW holder in all of San Francisco county. Although I hear there are a couple other politicians carrying handguns lawfully there now (there's something like 5 or 6 CCWs now).

Dont Tread on Me
04-24-2007, 4:34 PM
Now I thought she sat down and wrote me a customized reply.

Ubergeek
04-24-2007, 4:56 PM

It's us "irresponsible and irrational" gun owners who are opposed to "sensible" gun control that force her to ride in an armored limo with armed bodyguard.

We've made her feel "unsafe" and so she's taken steps to protect herself.

SemiAutoSam
04-24-2007, 5:00 PM
Ahh gee shucks i'm so ashamed.:rolleyes: so its OK for her to disarm us but she is special and hence is allowed to have a CCW and own a handgun in a political environment that would take the handguns from their citizens if the courts did not interfere.

It's us "irresponsible and irrational" gun owners who are opposed to "sensible" gun control that force her to ride in an armored limo with armed bodyguard.

We've made her feel "unsafe" and so she's taken steps to protect herself.

Ubergeek
04-24-2007, 5:01 PM
Yes, she's a US Senator. For the sake of our nation, she must be kept from harm's way.

Ahh gee shucks i'm so ashamed.:rolleyes: so its OK for her to disarm us but she is special and hence is allowed to have a CCW and own a handgun in a political environment that would take the handguns from their citizens if the courts did not interfere.

SemiAutoSam
04-24-2007, 5:11 PM
Fixed it for you.

I would have changed some words but it could be thought of as not nice.:eek:

Yes, she's a US Senator. For the sake of our nation, she must be kept from harm's way.:rolleyes:

ldivinag
04-24-2007, 8:33 PM
careful...

if you email boxer, she will continuously flood your mailbox with spam...

MedSpec65
04-24-2007, 8:43 PM
Savage is right. If California had not been invaded by brainwashed graduates of Eastern Institutions of Lower Living this woman would be working in a lingerie store on Manhattan's lower east side. Don't forget to thank your neighbors for re-electing this low-life every election.

E Pluribus Unum
04-24-2007, 9:25 PM
If she gets another AWB passed we might have a new version of the "Boxer Rebelion" :)

shark92651
04-24-2007, 9:55 PM
She doesn't even have a clue what is in that letter. What a blatant example of just regurgitating the political party talking points. I doubt she has even read it or could even argue intelligently about the points in it if she had to actually defend it.

mark3lb
04-24-2007, 10:02 PM
I highly doubt she wrote the letter. Probably some intern printing it and mailing it out.