PDA

View Full Version : Roccobro RPK build, any intrest in kits?

Tallestsniper
04-03-2012, 10:30 AM
Heya So-Cal builders! I recently picked up a Romanian RPK kit and had barrel professionally set up and the thing is pretty amazing. With a 23inch barrel, and bipod, this thing makes laying in the dirt a pleasure. We **are a go** on a group buy fro APEX!

To knock down the cost a bit and make these available for a special build we are shipping to one place and setting up for an early May RPK specific Build Party! Date may change due to flat availability from AK-Builder, but it is scheduled for sometime in May for now. Flats/Rivets/1.5mm C.S./G2 trigger/FCG plate/S.T. G2 mag lock/US muzzle device will be available at the party at a package price with an advanced request to the host Roccobro.

If you don't want to attend build, they can be shipped to you at $475 shipped. Keep in mind there are no RPK kits available that are all set up, and barrels were dry for the longest time until recently. These are not the older greenmountian Romy barrels with out of spec journals. They are the same quality non chrome ones available from AK builder for $130. Once these are gone, no certainty they will be back.

I got all hot to trot and dumped a college semesters worth of funds into nabbing up 10 kits and having them set up. I was able to get a break on the work in bulk so we save more! Getting my funds back for fall semester is my goal, and thus this group buy and build party is born. Price for this special RPK BP is $50 for the day and includes lunch with drinks as always.

Kits are in Very Good rated shape and barrels are nicely finished. The kits don't come with cleaning rods however. Apex sells NOS RPK length cleaning rods for $15.

Barrels have been completely set up from the white. Profiled, gas port drilled, head space done, accessories (including cleaning rod ring and bipod) populated and pinned in place. Most De-mil is done but save some long rivets and trigger guard rivets in some kits. Cost for the ready to go head spaced kits are $460, but if attending the build party, a package price of $500 will cover the BP cost, saving another $10. Total on the "Build support kit" (flat and etc) is TBD as of yet. I'm being told the saving are definite over sourcing the individual items yourselves.

PM or post your interest

10 total
-1 SPF *****+1 at build
9 total
-1 SPF *********+1 at build
8 Remaining and seemingly going fast!

baih777
04-03-2012, 6:06 PM
i'll take one.
already contacted roccobro

Roccobro
04-03-2012, 9:41 PM
The RPK specific BP is Socal- San Bernardino.

Just a heads up for buyers. Tallest is a solid dude who's been attending BPs for a year now. I've had the pleasure of working with him on a few projects. All these kits are shipping directly to me so never fear the biased trader feedback he was dealt a while back. I will be handling the kits, machining and hosting the BP in addition to getting all the other parts for a package deal.

If you are a buyer and wish to hand select your kit, you can male arrangements to do so once they are ready. Rules for securing a kit for day of BP is as always with me. I can have it and all parts here *with a deposit*. These are moving fast and are a bargain in my opinion (one of the dozen is mine!)

If you have a kit already and need a barrel, or need your RPK population done, contact me. Builders will be limited to 10 as always at the BP.

Thanks,
Justin

1 more SPF to xxxxxxx. 7 kits left.

mycrstuff
04-04-2012, 10:24 PM
Put me down for a kit and a spot at the build party.

Roccobro
04-05-2012, 1:00 AM
Put me down for a kit and a spot at the build party.

Done.

2 more SPF, so 5 kits left.

Justin

Highlands858
04-05-2012, 1:38 AM
Put me down for one. Last build party I had with you was some of the most fun I've ever had with guns.

ChuckD
04-05-2012, 10:17 AM
I have PM'd Tallest Sniper, I'm in for 1 & the BP, & also on the package deal for flat, rivits, trigger, etc.

pharmhand
04-07-2012, 9:30 AM
Would like a spot at the build party. (PM sent also)

Roccobro
04-08-2012, 6:54 PM
I believe we are down to 3 kits unspoken for now.

RPK Build Party date is tentatively set for the 26th of May.

Tallest is the buyer of the kits, I'm just the facilitator for the BP and Parts package. The kits will be in my possession the whole time if there is any concern there. All payments for the kits (or deposits) are to be to Tallest. I am only to be paid the day of the BP for the parts and BP fee (if not already paid to Tallest in his deal) or if your paying at time of selection/pickup. He is out the cash fronted for this and has the last say in who gets one or not. Please make arrangements with him so there is no confusion there.

I will update here as information flows. :D

Thanks!
Justin

Roccobro
04-08-2012, 6:54 PM
I believe we are down to 3 kits unspoken for now.

RPK Build Party date is tentatively set for the 26th of May.

Tallest is the buyer of the kits, I'm just the facilitator for the BP and Parts package. The kits will be in my possession the whole time if there is any concern there. All payments for the kits (or deposits) are to be to Tallest. I am only to be paid the day of the BP for the parts and BP fee (if not already paid to Tallest in his deal) or if your paying at time of selection/pickup. He is out the cash fronted for this and has the last say in who gets one or not. Please make arrangements with him so there is no confusion there.

I will update here as information flows. :D

Thanks!
Justin

BruinGuy
04-11-2012, 3:08 PM
Bump for an awesome project.

I don't think a better deal on a kit & build party package will come along again for a long while. I wish I could make it, but I expect pictures of the builds when it happens!

AK all day
04-11-2012, 4:17 PM
I am so wishing I had money for this. It is so close to my location with great guys attending and building an awesome rifle. Have fun guys! :)

Roccobro
04-11-2012, 9:39 PM
1 more kit SPF and one back up for sale. 3 kits left. A shortage of flats leaves only two optional build packages still available. We still have options if you want to build you RPK with us, I can provide details by email. Scope rails will be available for $25/ea with any kit sold.

RPK BP is scheduled for the 26th of May. A few slots will be open for any builder to attend -RPK or not. PSL's welcome now that I have additional tools to augment my collection, a factory stripped Romy PSL receiver on hand, and a steady spare rivets supply.

Thanks,
Justin

kalbos
04-12-2012, 6:30 AM
put me down for one.

Thanks
BW

Got0wned
04-12-2012, 8:18 AM
put me down for 1 kit as well. DNIP@UCI.EDU

Roccobro
04-12-2012, 1:47 PM
put me down for one.

Thanks
BW

put me down for 1 kit as well. DNIP@UCI.EDU

I will take a kit. PM sent to roccobro.

All kits are SPF.

I will accept 2-3 waiting list buyers should a buyer back out or funds not materialize. However payments have already been received and itrader feedbacks look good.

To these buyers who expressed interest in the package parts option, im getting the estimate together and will pm you this weekend. Most parts for the kits are already inbound, im just finalizing the total costs to make it a "deal" and not just blowing smoke.

Thanks,
Justin

nick
04-12-2012, 2:02 PM
I'm in for the party. I've already bought all the parts though.

Got0wned
04-13-2012, 1:37 AM
downpayment sent via kouki3015@yahoo.com

Roccobro
04-13-2012, 2:02 AM
I'm in for the party. I've already bought all the parts though.

Your always welcome over Nick.

Justin

jawcn
04-13-2012, 1:28 PM
I think I found this out late, but I am down for on kit. Am I on the wait list?! Tks

Roccobro
04-21-2012, 10:26 AM
I think I found this out late, but I am down for on kit. Am I on the wait list?! Tks

Jawcn- just confirming your on Tallest and my group buyers list. :) Nobody on the wait list as of nas if today.

Going through the kits a couple things stick out. These are Apex's "good/very good matching" kits they are sold out of. Some minor numbers don't match or exist in some kits (one recoil rod number is off by 10, one dust cover # is "struck over" in a factory fashion, no numbers on some kits small parts). The parts show very little ABUSE but most have their finish worn off (been loved!). ALL the kits wood stocks are in the same shape.

There is a couple of the kits that came with adjustable bipod legs. If you want that option for your build for $20, PM me so I can label that kit as yours. All adjustable bipods are spoken for.

Almost every support package is spoken for. To be clear these are AKB Romy flats- not modded Bulgy ones. Any package not spoken for by the group buyers will be sold before the BP as there is a high demand right now.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Justin

baih777
04-21-2012, 11:47 AM
Jawcn- just confirming your on Tallest and my group buyers list. :) Nobody on the wait list as of nas if today.

Going through the kits a couple things stick out. These are Apex's "good/very good matching" kits they are sold out of. Some minor numbers don't match or exist in some kits (one recoil rod number is off by 10, one dust cover # is "struck over" in a factory fashion, no numbers on some kits small parts). The parts show very little ABUSE but most have their finish worn off (been loved!). ALL the kits wood stocks are in the same shape.

There is a couple of the kits that came with adjustable bipod legs. If you want that option for your build for $20, PM me so I can label that kit as yours.

Almost every support package is spoken for. To be clear these are AKB Romy flats:cool:- not modded Bulgy ones. Any package not spoken for by the group buyers will be sold before the BP as there is a high demand right now.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Justin

email sent

tigerzden
04-21-2012, 3:50 PM
PM Sent

kalbos
04-27-2012, 11:16 AM
one day more.... omg omg omg.... so excited imma doing the happy dance

Roccobro
05-04-2012, 1:35 AM
one day more.... omg omg omg.... so excited imma doing the happy dance

Post your pics!

Justin

ACRfan
05-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Man, guess I am late.. Would have grabbed one and done it..
Let me know if you guys plan on doing another..

ChuckD
05-04-2012, 12:22 PM
Would have gone for the adjustable bipod. Guess I missed it. If another one comes up I'll take it.

Roccobro
05-05-2012, 12:35 PM

Stands by, your number 3 on the wait list. And the last person to pay just bailed. :eek:

Justin

ACRfan
05-05-2012, 2:48 PM
Well let me know..

kalbos
05-06-2012, 6:45 AM
for those of you who are part of this build deal let me wet your appetite with this....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j208/boswan/IMAG0385.jpg

This is what you get.

Thanks Tallest and Roccobro for making this beauty possible.

Hopefully next week I can make it bark in anger.

BW

Roccobro
05-08-2012, 9:12 AM

Well let me know..

I PM'd you three days ago and no answer. Last kit now goes to next in line.

Justin

Roccobro
05-23-2012, 1:02 PM
RPK BP this Saturday! PM invites have been sent out. If you were planning on attending this BP and did NOT get an invite, LET ME KNOW. I wasn't keeping as good of notes as I thought. I know Tallest has been good about his.. :D

It's going to be a beautiful weekend!

Kalbos had proposed anyone who wants to get together for an RK re-union shoot to post up or PM him to rally to arms!

Thanks,
Justin

mycrstuff
05-26-2012, 8:26 AM
I'm on the way running a little late.

Roccobro
05-27-2012, 9:27 PM
That...

was.....

a BLAST!!!!!

Thanks guys!!

Justin

kalbos
05-28-2012, 7:26 AM
Pics of finished RPKs

Anyone up for a group shoot?

messione
05-28-2012, 8:46 AM
As soon as I get home I'll start wiping down the oil and install trigger group.... Pic to come later tonight BUT it not a RPK....
Thanks again Justin like last time this was a great party.
I think I may need to attend the BP on the 16th as I got caught up on this build I still need to finish the one I started last month... LOL

Thanks again
Mike

ChuckD
05-28-2012, 1:05 PM
This was a great BP. Ran into problem that had me stumped & frustrated and Roccobro & Tallest Sniper helped me through it no problem - thanks guys. Stripping & staining the wood today & installing trigger group. Should have pics in a few days. Thanks to Tallest Sniper for setting this up & doing all the legwork & to Roccobro for hosting the party.