PDA

View Full Version : April rimfire match (rifle) San Diego group shoot?

FredoSD
04-02-2012, 1:05 PM
I'm in Lemon Grove are there any others in the San Diego Area that would like to get together and shoot the April Match?
I'm open after working hrs and off every other Friday (next fri off is April 13th)
Weekends are good also.
I wouldn't mind meeting a few other rimfire shooters, maybe I can learn something.

ccandgc
04-02-2012, 8:04 PM
I might be available.....that would be fun.

osophat71
04-02-2012, 8:20 PM
sweet, im down, i know some blm land behind eastlake where we can go. id like to start a rimfire group in San diego. maybe something like S&D rimmers....hahahahahahaha

blackelim
04-02-2012, 9:26 PM
I am interested depending on time and dates.

b76
04-02-2012, 9:29 PM
I would love to do this. But won't be back till may

llamatrnr
04-02-2012, 11:21 PM
What April match is that, please?

FredoSD
04-03-2012, 6:28 AM

It looks like there is a online match here on the forum.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=555090

Izzy43
04-03-2012, 6:34 AM

This Match: http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=555090

Whoops, didn't notice FredoSD already posted the link.

llamatrnr
04-03-2012, 7:02 AM
Thanks, Fredo!

FredoSD
04-03-2012, 7:27 AM
Looks like Midway has Wolf MT in stock. I'm going to order some and see how it goes.

Thanks everyone

sofbak
04-03-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm in x2. My son and I shoot bugholes at 50 yds with a pair of Savage MKII *V rifles. Especially like the possibility of eastlake-we drive all the way to Imperial Co. to shoot. It's an hour and a half drive each way, and lugging benches, stools, and target stands, easy up shade and so on, makes for a long day.

Looks like Midway has Wolf MT in stock. I'm going to order some and see how it goes.

Wolf MT is what we run, and I'd bet you are going to be pleasantly surpised if not astounded at the performance of this ammo in your savage.

sofbak

ccandgc
04-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I just used my costom 10/22 at an Appleseed on sunday. I used the Wolf MT. Not 1 single problem all day long and close to 250 rounds. Shot a 231 :D I was very impressed with the Wolf ammo.

FredoSD
04-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Looks like pleanty of interest. The East lake option sounds interesting to me. I've been spening money at indoor ranges (and all of the negitives that come with those).
Osophat71. Lets figure this out

151proof
04-03-2012, 2:41 PM
SD rimfire shooter located near Eastlake, here! I would definitely be down for a group shoot. I too know the BLM area as well.

sofbak
04-03-2012, 3:12 PM
If I can count, we have 7 "go's" and one "wait til May" in the first 24 hours.

I can help with organization/planning/logistics.

Is it time to take this idea to the alternative of PM/e-mail?

Flintlock Tom
04-03-2012, 3:23 PM
This sounds like fun. I'm in, too.

Ibefuz
04-03-2012, 3:46 PM
I too shoot on the BLM land out there, and I know I'm gonna be preaching to the choir but, clean the mess up!!! I'm always cleaning up peoples trash they leave out there. And if the day is right I'm down. Pm with the me details.

Norm222
04-03-2012, 4:09 PM
North County rimfire shooter want in on the action too. I'm looking forward to do my first Appleseed shoot someday. I work a graveyard shift, so I'm available most days afternoon till evening. Thanks.

RazzB7
04-03-2012, 4:25 PM
Dependent on date, I'm in.

DuneShoot
04-03-2012, 4:36 PM
I'd be interested in attending. I need the practice :)

Would someone mind PM'ing me where this BLM area is in Eastlake? Been looking for a decent outdoor place to plink.

Dark Sky Solutions
04-03-2012, 4:41 PM
Interested. Gonna have to look at my schedule to see if times match up.

FredoSD
04-03-2012, 5:18 PM
Ok guys, looks like a lt of intrest, Eastlake seems to be pretty popular so......
If the folks that info on Eastlake would post up and lets start figuring out a date and time.

sofbak
04-03-2012, 6:00 PM
PM sent to the three with knowledge of the mentioned area. Three big questions that need to be answered about the location that will determine if this is a viable plan.

Fredo: please don't ask for area/location-specific information here on a public forum.......the list of good spots trashed by "public perusers" of these web sites, and this specific kind of information is long, and littered by irresponsible and non CG affiliated persons......

GMG
04-03-2012, 6:48 PM
Sounds interesting...........depending on date and location (Eastlake?)

osophat71
04-03-2012, 6:55 PM
sorry to keep you guys waiting on the eastlake land, technically its campo, but who cares!?! its still closer and free......er than most places. before you consider going, please, please, PLEASE!!!! remember that just because its free that doesnt mean we can go destroy it. the local Rangers name is Joseph. i talked to him and hes a super awesome guy. hes also a calgunner. before we ask to host an event lets first set a date, and whos going. ive been there several times and you definitely need a suv, truck, or something high off the ground since there are big rocks you will have to drive over. also WE MUST PICK UP ALL OF OUR TRASH INCLUDING SPENT SHELLS.

there seems to be enough room there to set up a couple of targets, all with sufficient back drops. plenty of parking, bring your own food and drinks since there is nothing local. there is a barbeque that someone built there but its missing the metal grill. plenty of wood or we could use charcoal. im going this sunday with family to shoot off 2500 rounds of blazer i picked up recently at big 5. we probably wont finish them but its always handy to have extra. also i do get cellphone reception out there with my att iphone. so if you guys are willing to pick up your mess, have some FREE fun, and compete alittle then lets do this!

WOAH ALMOST POSTED LOCATION.

osophat71
04-03-2012, 8:21 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=556086

heres the link to the new thread i started, dont forget to vote for which DAYS are best for you. be sure to post, im down if your down.

osophat71
04-03-2012, 8:21 PM
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=556086

heres the link to the new thread i started, dont forget to vote for which DAYS are best for you. be sure to post, im down if your down.