PDA

View Full Version : Tenn response to VT shooting... (Good News)

Mark_in_Pasadena
04-19-2007, 9:47 AM
Finally some rational thinking....

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/state/article/0,1406,KNS_348_5492294,00.html

Incitatus
04-19-2007, 10:52 AM
Finally some rational thinking....

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/state/article/0,1406,KNS_348_5492294,00.html

Linkie no workee...

Mark_in_Pasadena
04-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Linkie no workee...

Sorry about that, it seems they keep moving the story around. But here's the basics...

Nashville, TENN.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In a surprise move, a House panel voted today to repeal a state law that forbids the carrying of handguns on property and buildings owned by state, county and city governments including parks and playgrounds.
"I think the recent Virginia disaster or catastrophe or nightmare or whatever you want to call it has woken up a lot of people to the need for having guns available to law-abiding citizens," said Rep. Frank Niceley, R-Strawberry Plains. "I hope that is what this vote reflects."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tango-52
04-19-2007, 11:00 AM
Worked for me. Interesting to see that it was a Democrat that proposed expanding allowed locations for CCW beyond the original bill.

mcubed4130
04-19-2007, 12:01 PM
Worked for me. Interesting to see that it was a Democrat that proposed expanding allowed locations for CCW beyond the original bill.

:) Word on the street is the Democrats - got some feedback from within their own party groups... saying do NOT ban handguns... apparently many of the groups reported that the Democrats in their districts have been buying handguns due to fear of the extremist fascist group called "Evangelical Christians". :D

-M3

grammaton76
04-19-2007, 12:52 PM
Tennessee Dems are typically not the same flavor of Dem you'll find here. However, as soon as they go national, they tend to fall in line and become anti's. Just look at Al Gore.

luvtolean
04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
:) Word on the street is the Democrats - got some feedback from within their own party groups... saying do NOT ban handguns... apparently many of the groups reported that the Democrats in their districts have been buying handguns due to fear of the extremist fascist group called "Evangelical Christians". :D

-M3

:D :p

LMAO, good one!

It was a democrat Va congressman who recently got in trouble for trying to get a gun into the capitol...

DedEye
04-19-2007, 2:05 PM
Good.