PDA

View Full Version : Length of time between gun purchases?

tonb
04-19-2007, 8:31 AM
I bought a shotgun just over a month ago, I purchased a handgun April 2nd, but due to FFL transfer problems, I'm only on day 5 of my 10 day waiting period.

I know you can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days, but does that apply to rifles and long guns?

Looking at a Yugo 59/66 with a removed gernade launcher.

69Mach1
04-19-2007, 8:35 AM
I bought a shotgun just over a month ago, I purchased a handgun April 2nd, but due to FFL transfer problems, I'm only on day 5 of my 10 day waiting period.

I know you can only buy 1 handgun every 30 days, but does that apply to rifles and long guns?

Looking at a Yugo 59/66 with a removed gernade launcher.

Does not apply to long arms. Same money and buy multiple rifles and DROS them all at the same time. One fee only.

KenpoProfessor
04-19-2007, 8:35 AM
New handgun purchases are 1 per 30 day period, PPT's have no such restriction. You can avoid the 1 gun per month by having a C& R FFL AND a COE together. With these two, you can also cash and carry C & R rifles from dealers in CA. With just the C & R, you can purchase C & R's from out of state, cash and carry at gunshows or dealers.

Long guns, you may purchase as many rifles as you like in any given period of time. Not sure how many you can put on a DROS but I've done 4 on one before.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

tonb
04-19-2007, 8:44 AM
Does not apply to long arms. Same money and buy multiple rifles and DROS them all at the same time. One fee only.

Cool thx, maybe I ought to convince the wife I need a couple more on that DROS. You know, to save money. :)

tonb
04-19-2007, 8:46 AM
New handgun purchases are 1 per 30 day period, PPT's have no such restriction. You can avoid the 1 gun per month by having a C& R FFL AND a COE together. With these two, you can also cash and carry C & R rifles from dealers in CA. With just the C & R, you can purchase C & R's from out of state, cash and carry at gunshows or dealers.

Long guns, you may purchase as many rifles as you like in any given period of time. Not sure how many you can put on a DROS but I've done 4 on one before.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Though I doubt I can convince my boss of 4 more, I might be able to squeak in another one, for her of course. :)

btw: Is that a reference to Kenpo karate?

SemiAutoSam
04-19-2007, 9:02 AM
Keep in mind the one fee only only applies to the DROS fee.

If the dealer isn't selling you the multiple long guns from his inventory there will most likely be an additional fee per firearm when he is used as a transfer dealer.

Lets say 10% ships a few of the NEW CALGUNS lower receivers to my local transfer dealer.

My dealer will only charge me one DROS fee but will charge me a fee for each firearm that he puts onto the DROS and the 4473 form.

So while its still a good idea to DROS as many long guns on the same DROS and you will save the Phony Green in doing there Keep in mind you will most likely pay per item that goes onto the DROS to your Transfer dealer for the service of using HIS FFL to transfer it to you.

KenpoProfessor
04-19-2007, 9:37 AM
btw: Is that a reference to Kenpo karate?

Absofriggin'lutely LOL.

I train with a guy named Larry Tatum. I'm currently a 7th black under his tutelage.

You can PM for more info if you like so we keep this thread on topic.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde