PDA

View Full Version : legal create an assault weapon?

moulton
04-19-2007, 7:31 AM
I go shooting with my brother's brother in law who is a sheriff's deputy every month or so, once I get a OLL could he legally modify my OLL into a Assault weapon by removing the maglock or installing a pistol grip? and then once done modify it back into a kosher OLL?

tgriffin
04-19-2007, 7:34 AM
NO. Illegal as hell.

SemiAutoSam
NO..

I go shooting with my brother's brother in law who is a sheriff's deputy every month or so, once I get a OLL could he legally modify my OLL into a Assault weapon by removing the maglock or installing a pistol grip? and then once done modify it back into a kosher OLL?

TonyM
LEOs are not exempt from the laws regarding creating AWs, so he would be just as guilty as you if you did it yourself.

If he wants an AW he would need to go through the process of getting his department to get him one.

grammaton76
04-19-2007, 12:02 PM
If he wants an AW he would need to go through the process of getting his department to get him one.

Indeed. If he gets signoff on getting a personal AW, he can let you shoot it all he likes when you're out together, as long as he doesn't leave the area.

MotoGuy
04-19-2007, 12:05 PM

Yes you can, if you are shooting in Nevada :D