PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY had a great range session with my P22

Blue
04-01-2012, 4:52 PM
I've had my P22 a few years, and to be honest it's been a gun I've hated since day one at the range. The only reason I've kept it around is because my wife is a form over function girl, and will only shoot this one pistol on the blue moon chance that I can drag her to the range with me. I've sent it back to the factory multiple times from a broken mainspring to it jamming on multiple ammo types to it CONSTANTLY shooting it's safety on. Today I fed it some CCI AR15 22lr platform ammo and it ran perfect all range session long. Didn't jam once out of 550 rounds until we ran out of the AR15 22lr platform ammo and started cracking into my random boxes of 22 ammo. Now I know what to feed it, and maybe she'll keep behaving.

BHP FAN
04-01-2012, 7:36 PM
Congrats! I got rid of mine, bailing after only about a year of ownership... my old S&W 422 would outshoot that jammomatic all day long. It pains me to admit it, but it was the first and last pistol I bought on looks alone.

Rhythm of Life
04-01-2012, 7:40 PM
My buddy has a 97 p22 I believe and it runs great. Accurate to 25yrds (farthest I reallly tried) and the only time it jams is when its dry. Lube it up with CCI and it good to go.

Swift Justice
04-01-2012, 8:05 PM
Have one of the early ones that was recalled for barrel threads by S&W, I just hate it and plan on selling it along. I hope this thread doesn't make me want to go try some new ammo for it... Life is too short to play with ammo sensitive guns.

appagohm
04-02-2012, 2:47 PM
another way to get CCI quality ammo for cheap is using Blazer 22lr. it's a mirror of the CCI mini mags and works gerat. I've had plenty of 22 pistols including the ruger mark III 22/45, beretta neos, sig, ....etc. and ended up settling with my smith and wesson 22a. I could feed that pistol any 22lr ammo and works like a charm. plus very easy to clean