PDA

View Full Version : Gun Safes...?

Soul TKR
03-31-2012, 1:08 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking at purchasing a gun safe fairly soon and have pretty much narrowed it down to the Cannon P40.

I like this safe as it's big, has a power outlet, seems to be well built, and comes with a lifetime free replacement warranty.

Just curious on your thoughts and if anyone else has any experience with it, or Cannon products in general.

Thanks!

http://www.cannonsafe.com/series/patriot/p40.html

http://www.utahsafe.com/patriots.jpg
http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/ProductLarge/576605LL_v3.jpg

chim-chim7
04-01-2012, 4:35 AM
I have that model. Mine came with a tactical door liner. Has all kinds of pockets and elastic for knives, guns, money,etc.... It was a test model, see if they still have that deal going. It's a decent safe, but the interior is pretty low quality, keeping the price down. You can always build your own interior or beef up what they give you down the road. I have about 15 pistols just on the top shelf and it's ok. Some of the other shelves are thin so putting too many guns on them sags and warpes them. I say go for it, it's the most safe for your money easily.

Soul TKR
04-01-2012, 10:39 PM
Good to know... I'm also looking at the CA33 which is their Cannon series versus the Patriot series listed above. As far as I can tell, the only difference is one has a 30 minute fire rating and the other has a 60.

Only $100 difference... Hmmm

sfbay
04-02-2012, 8:38 AM
I have the tall model and it gives you one more row on top. I love mine and the quality is pretty awesome, except the particle board shelves.

I now use the old safe for ammo.

Have fun!

bill_k_lopez
04-02-2012, 9:07 AM
I just ordered an S33, waiting for delivery.

I'll tell you that I spent a lot of time trying to get all the information I could before buying, and realized that a whole lot of it is just hype and sales pitch from each company selling safes.

I think the first thing you have to identify is who are you trying to keep out. If you're worried about the professional thief coming to steal your $320,000.00 gold-inlaid Purdey & Sons shotgun - it might be that a Canon safe isn't really the best choice. If you're like me, and more worried about the average home break in criminal or the guy who happened to drive by and see you unloading your stuff from a recent trip to the range, then I think a 700 pound Canon safe, bolted to the floor is more than enough to protect your guns.

Saym14
04-02-2012, 10:45 AM
happy with my Cannon

Soul TKR
04-03-2012, 4:10 AM
I just ordered an S33, waiting for delivery.

I'll tell you that I spent a lot of time trying to get all the information I could before buying, and realized that a whole lot of it is just hype and sales pitch from each company selling safes.

I think the first thing you have to identify is who are you trying to keep out. If you're worried about the professional thief coming to steal your $320,000.00 gold-inlaid Purdey & Sons shotgun - it might be that a Canon safe isn't really the best choice. If you're like me, and more worried about the average home break in criminal or the guy who happened to drive by and see you unloading your stuff from a recent trip to the range, then I think a 700 pound Canon safe, bolted to the floor is more than enough to protect your guns.

yea we by all means don't have much to put in there right now. We just got burglarized about a month ago so pretty much everything that was worth anything was taken. But since then it has spawned a whole new outlook on our security and securing our property. I won't replace any of the old items until I feel they are "safe"...

But yea, you sound pretty much just like me as far as who I am trying to keep out...

dirty_530
04-03-2012, 10:04 PM
This might be a dumb question, but if I was to order a safe from them, do they help bring it in your house?

Soul TKR
04-03-2012, 11:14 PM
I don't believe "Cannon" helps bring it into your house. I am probably going to purchase from a local dealer, who does in fact offer delivery and bolting it down for additional fees...

www.ussafe.com is right down the street from me... they are a Cannon dealer and have a showroom you can check out as well...

dirty_530
04-04-2012, 8:41 AM
Will do thank you very much!