View Full Version : A little Turner's love...

03-30-2012, 7:06 PM
Just wanted to throw my comments out there about my experiences at Turner's. I expect a good number of replies to the like of "good for you, you're one of the rare ones who gets good service," but as a manager of a retail store myself, I can attest that EVERYONE who has a bad experience takes the time to complain, and virtually NO ONE who had a wonderful experience takes the time to praise.

So, Kudos to the teams of the San Marcos, Corona and Kearny Mesa stores, especially San Marcos where I do most of my business. Josh over there has been great to me. I've actually had nothing but wonderful experiences at all three stores and have purchased nearly a dozen guns from Turner's in the past year. Everytime there's ever been any kind of minor hiccup, it's always been resolved quickly and appropriately.

People who are into high end retail or marketing have probably heard of the "NPS" (or Net Promoter Score) system. Basically, it's a survey system in which they determine how likely someone is to refer business to you in the future. I would be willing to bet that based on the number of 'unreported' positive transactions (pretty much every transaction they complete in which someone doesn't seek out a forum to complain about their 'bad' experience), Turner's NPS score would be in the high 80s to low 90s, and that's a great score.

Hats off, Turner's!

03-31-2012, 9:37 AM
You'll see a lot of Kudos to Turners on this site.

It amazes me the rages folks get into over one little thing going wrong in a retail sale. They want to jump ship with just 1 problem experience out of 100 visits. At that rate, they'd need to become monks and never buy anything, of course, they'd complain about the weather then.

03-31-2012, 5:29 PM

03-31-2012, 5:46 PM
I will admit I've been going back since they got their stuff together, I wanna say us as a group should also thanks ourselves. Cause they must of realized how much influence people have here and where to buy..

03-31-2012, 5:54 PM
was in ont store fri mouring had to of been 20 people at counter to buy guns i was there about 20 mins to layaway a sig they had 6-8 people filling out dros paperwork, the new system seemed smother in and out in about 30 mins so not bad at all. salesmen were doing a good job hepling as many people as poss. have to wait until 13th to dros thumps up for them.