PDA

View Full Version : Taurus M941 22 mag questions

rocker
03-30-2012, 6:56 PM
Anyone here own one, had one? Im thinking of getting two 2in versions for the wife and I. Not much info out there on the short barrel. Mostly 4in reviews. So far I like what I see on the longer barrels. We want 2inchers. Thanks!

A'sDad
03-31-2012, 7:50 AM
I had the M94 22lr 2" good gun, no issues other than stout double action trigger pull.
Sold it because I wanted an 2" 22mag and I bought the S&W 351PD.
I have no problem with the Taurus and I am actually looking for a M941 in 3"!

rocker
03-31-2012, 1:04 PM
I had the M94 22lr 2" good gun, no issues other than stout double action trigger pull.
Sold it because I wanted an 2" 22mag and I bought the S&W 351PD.
I have no problem with the Taurus and I am actually looking for a M941 in 3"!

I like the S&W but its mighty pricey.....

stitch_paradox
03-31-2012, 1:29 PM
is the Taurus M941 on the roster? I've been looking for a 22 mag revolver

gbran
03-31-2012, 5:01 PM
I have the 4". It has a very hard DA trigger pull, which might be a negative for your intended use. Most of my use is targets or small game and almost always in SA mode. It has a very good SA trigger. I've not had any other problems with it. 22wmr, however, is pretty dirty out of a handgun, so look forward to frequent cleaning.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/gbran/941.jpg

uxo2
03-31-2012, 6:44 PM
I have the 4". It has a very hard DA trigger pull, which might be a negative for your intended use. Most of my use is targets or small game and almost always in SA mode. It has a very good SA trigger. I've not had any other problems with it. 22wmr, however, is pretty dirty out of a handgun, so look forward to frequent cleaning.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/gbran/941.jpg

who makes that mount?

gbran
03-31-2012, 8:33 PM
who makes that mount?

Nobody I could find at the time. About 5 years ago, I looked thru my drawer of Weaver bases, picked one out, used it as a guide, then drilled and taped the top strap of the revolver, shortened up the base and mounted it. It currently has a Truglo reflex sight mounted on it. I haven't looked recently, but I suspect nobody offers a mount for the 941.

This mod is easy to do, but you have to remove the stock sights, then find a Weaver or picitany rail that nestles well on the top strap. You also have to consider type of sight you'd use and how it fits the base. Picitany may give more options. You also can use a longer base than I did. If you don't want to drill and tap it yourself, most gunsmiths would do it pretty cheap, but you need to pick out and provide the appropriate base.

rocker
04-02-2012, 12:43 PM
gbran, do you know what the trigger DA lbs is?

gbran
04-02-2012, 8:03 PM
gbran, do you know what the trigger DA lbs is?

I'd guess it's 14-15 lbs. My trigger pull guage stops at 12 lbs. In SA mode it is sweet and about 4lbs. I have a DA-only Smith 38 Airweight that has a really nice trigger pull. I don't know why the 941 is so heavy. I also have S&W 625 (45acp) and another Taurus 357, both of which are 11-12lbs and good triggers.

I would not recomend the 941 for DA use with most women and folks with weak handstrength. It also makes it pretty hard to shoot accurately in DA.