PDA

View Full Version : Activism forum at THR

Can'thavenuthingood
04-18-2007, 11:18 AM
The High Road has instituted an 'Activism' category under Legal and Political for actually taking action rather than discussing things to do.
A good idea.

Vick
------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=270671

This forum is dedicated to activism to promote the RKBA.

Please use this forum to coordinate and work together. This is the place to organize. Use this forum for campaigns, legal gatherings, letter writing, talking points to push on the media, and things of this nature.

This is not the place to come up with ideas, use L&P for that. This is not the place to debate ideas.

There will be absolutely no arguments or comments about whether a given course of action is a good one. Such arguments always occur in L&P, about every single idea, and then no course of action is taken. This is the place to co-ordinate, not to talk somebody else out of doing anything.

If you cop a defeatist attitude in this forum, we’ll boot you. We don’t have time for crying. Any extraneous posts not directly related to the activity get deleted.

There will be no preferences given to any political party. If you have an activity to organize Republicans or Democrats or Libertarians, it doesn’t matter. Any bashing on any party is not allowed. If you want to do that, take it to L&P. This is not the place to muddy the waters.

In other words, this forum is not L&P II, and we’re not going to let it turn into that. This is a forum to get work done.

STAGE 2
04-18-2007, 11:40 AM
There will be absolutely no arguments or comments about whether a given course of action is a good one. Such arguments always occur in L&P, about every single idea, and then no course of action is taken. This is the place to co-ordinate, not to talk somebody else out of doing anything.

If you cop a defeatist attitude in this forum, we’ll boot you. We don’t have time for crying. Any extraneous posts not directly related to the activity get deleted.

There will be no preferences given to any political party. If you have an activity to organize Republicans or Democrats or Libertarians, it doesn’t matter. Any bashing on any party is not allowed. If you want to do that, take it to L&P. This is not the place to muddy the waters.

I've gotten really sick of THR. Lots of good people there, but the way the owner and some of the mods hold up "free speech" is a farce. I understand the premise of this forum, but the L&P forum over there isn't any less restrictive.

Can'thavenuthingood
04-18-2007, 11:46 AM
I'd imagine it gets a bit tough at times riding herd on over 45,000 members and more than 10,000 active participants.
After reading the same things daily or hourly I'd get a short fuse and lose patience too.

I haven't spent as much time there as I used to due to Calguns being a local hangout.
THR I check into for the national stuff and if Calguns is sleeping on any given day.

Its all time based, I do what I have time for.

Vick

Kestryll
04-18-2007, 11:48 AM
That's not a bad idea at all, I like it.

Any interest in a California-specific version of the here?
Perhaps as a subforum of the 2A P&L forum?

JOEKILLA
04-18-2007, 11:51 AM
That's not a bad idea at all, I like it.

Any interest in a California-specific version of the here?

Go for it. :)

Can'thavenuthingood
04-18-2007, 12:52 PM
I think it will reduce the clutter and noise of the various debates on the 2A & Politics threads. We have alot of ongoing action threads that could be moved off the 2A forum.

Once a general agreement is decided on what action to take then move to Activism thread with all the necessary URL's, phone numbers and email address'.

Yeah I think it it would work. Try it for this political season and assess the results in September.

Might have a separate spot for the national stuff like HR1066 Assault Weapons Ban.

Vick

Matt C
04-18-2007, 1:11 PM
I'm for it.

xenophobe
04-18-2007, 1:31 PM

Not a subforum... put it right under 2nd Amendment, not nested inside it.

WokMaster1
04-18-2007, 2:51 PM
yeah! yeah! I like that.:D

kap
04-18-2007, 2:55 PM
Not a subforum... put it right under 2nd Amendment, not nested inside it.

+1, make it very visible.

FreedomIsNotFree
04-18-2007, 5:43 PM
I believe its a great idea for those that want to know exactly what action to take without having to weed through irrelevant posts.

M. Sage
04-18-2007, 6:02 PM
It'd be a great addition.

Maybe make the P&L forum a sub-forum of the "activism" one.

Kestryll
04-18-2007, 10:42 PM
Any other thoughts on adding a forums such as this?

LAK Supply
04-18-2007, 11:26 PM

I think it's a good idea. I've been trying to figure out how to create a place like this for several months (altough with a national focus). The one thing I keep coming up against is the constant bickering that is apparent in almost every forum I've ever seen.

I think the idea is great, but that there should be some sort of format change to help keep everything on track. All too often it seems that personalities get in the way of progress.........

We would also need some outside support. It would be a good idea to invite some of the active 2A groups to participate.

metalhead357
04-18-2007, 11:37 PM

My only thought/suggustion..is there anyway to put a momentary screen up once ya' hit submit to truly let the peeps know that the posts MUST be within the rules or off it come immediately?

I mean Sticky's are nice...but I'll even admit to missing some a time or two:o

Something/Anything.....that just SCREAMS--- YO! No bickering!;)

jjperl
04-19-2007, 12:54 AM
I think its a great idea

tmuller
04-19-2007, 2:40 PM
have seen it at THR and similar suggestions on TFL would love to see it here where it seems to be needed the most!