PDA

View Full Version : Range bag question.

Jonb.
03-30-2012, 11:00 AM
I am in the market for a new range bag and cant decide if I want a dedicated shooting bag like the Midway comp bag or the shooters connection tournament bag, or a simple backpack. I had an Oakley panel or Icon back pack in mind so it would be less conspicuous it has room for everything I need, included padded area for my pistol. The zippers are configured on it so it's lockable as well.
The midway/shooters connection bags cant be locked but might keep mags, and things more organized.
OPINIONS?
Heres what I want to fit in it for either a day at USPSA or a day at a multigun event.
250-300 rounds of 9mm or 40.
125 birdshot, and 10 slugs.
150-200 .223.
4 P-mags
6 Glock mags
Glock 34 (glock 24 slide)
Eye pro ear pro
Bottle of water
My maintenance kit, and a small first aid kit.
On a 3 gun day I imagine I might have to carry my rifle case around to some stages along with the bag so a back pack might be more comfortable than a single strap bag.
So what do you guys think?

Curley Red
03-30-2012, 11:10 AM
Personally I prefer just a regular bag that fits what I want. You pay extra when they put the term "range" in front of bag. Might want to even look at a carry on bag with wheels, you can use it for other things and it will hold all you listed. Since I do different types of shooting I have a bag for each style of shooting whether it be just pistols shooting, rifle shooting, or cowboy shooting. I have never found a bag that works for all my different types of shooting.

Kyle1886
03-30-2012, 11:29 AM
A regular, non-descript wheeled travel "suitcase" works for me. Modified the inside to hold all I need to carry to the range. I think I paid 5.00 at a thrift store for it.

NOTE: I don't do USPSA or 3 gun. I can get most of what you have listed in the bag except the ears. I probably could if I removed two of the four pistols though. (...about 21x15x11)

Respectfully
Kyle

Whiterabbit
03-30-2012, 1:41 PM
I am in the market for a new range bag

OPINIONS?

If I bought a new range bag today, knowing everything I know now, my opinion is just one word.

Backpack.

Jonb.
03-30-2012, 4:55 PM
If I bought a new range bag today, knowing everything I know now, my opinion is just one word.

Backpack.

I feel validated Backpack it is.