PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 Gen 3 vs Gen 4 Magazine Release

Reynold
03-30-2012, 9:07 AM
I have been reading all sorts of threads on the G19 Gen3 vs Gen4. It seems like as of now, Glock has fixed the extraction issue on the Gen4s, so to me, one of the biggest differences seem to be the larger magazine release on the Gen4.

Tactically and practically speaking, is it better to have a smaller mag release (as on the Gen3), or a larger one?

k1dude
03-30-2012, 9:17 AM
I much prefer the mag release on the Gen 4. The Gen 3 mag release was a design screw-up IMHO.

If you get a Gen 3, put on a Vickers extended release to make it better.

Reynold
03-30-2012, 9:36 AM
How easy is it to install that aftermarket mag release? Is the end result comparable to the Gen4 mag release? How reliable is it?

Right now I'm trying to decide on whether to stick with Gen3s or Gen4s. I don't want both models lying around; I want to be consistent. Trying to determine whether the extra cost and hassle of obtaining the Gen4 is worth it.

k1dude
03-30-2012, 9:50 AM
The intall should take a couple minutes. It's easy. The part costs $15. You can get a factory Glock version for something like $3, but many people think it's too long. It's totally reliable. Check out the reviews at Brownell's:

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=25364/Product/VICKERS-EXTENDED-MAG-RELEASE-for-GLOCK-reg-