PDA

View Full Version : Glock 22 or Glock 22C?

JohnP
03-29-2012, 8:35 PM
Anybody who's got experience with comp'd pistols and specifically, glock comp'd pistols, please sound off.

Thanks

MyGlock17
03-29-2012, 8:44 PM
i don't think it make that big of a difference...honestly i think your better off spending the same amount on a gen4 g22...they say the gen4 especially in the .40 s&w it has bit of less recoil since it has the duel recoil spring...

http://www.mparms.com/Glock-22-Gen4-_p_130.html

GKO
03-29-2012, 8:45 PM
The compensator vents bullet gasses upwards to act against the recoil force of the gun rising. The gases can be muzzle flash and enter in your sight picture. Google for some Glock C-model pics, there are some showing the flash. The gasses are also hot and you can get burned if you have the gun near your body. The vent holes are an extra area that need to be cleaned as well.

SouperMan
03-29-2012, 9:23 PM
I have a Gen 3 22C, and I love it. Follow up shots are a little easier because of the downward compensating forces that keep the muzzle down.

Some feel that porting is a solution to a non-existent problem, but it feels great to shoot.

Sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

dexter9659
03-29-2012, 10:33 PM
Most Sharks fans can handle the 22 without the porting, I dont know any Redwings fans, but I have heard they dont like the recoil, lol. Seriously though, I have a 20c, a 20sf, and a 20lsf. I do not use the ported upper at all, and I am 5'8" and not oober strong. If myself and nearly everyone else can handle a 10mm without porting, I dont see why you couldnt handle a 40sw without porting.

high_revs
03-29-2012, 10:57 PM
i tried both (last generation). honestly, i couldn't tell. the 22c was a rental from the range. unsure how well they maintained/cleaned it.

would it make a difference if i was shooting both as non-rentals from someone who takes care of their stuff? maybe. but haven't met anyone at the range with a 22c (i have the 22 already).

i tried both back to back, sometimes just half a magazine thru. same ammo.

Icypu
03-29-2012, 11:03 PM
I owned an XD40 V10 Compensated model. The most annoying thing is after 50 shots the front sight becomes completely black, especially when using dirty ammo. Now this is also annoying because it is an extra area to clean. The lightshow is pretty. Some guy at the range ask me once: "Dude are you shooting... TRACERS? wow". :D

tundraotto
03-29-2012, 11:46 PM
I love my 23c...it kicks and flips less than my wifes G19 with full power loads...I like it.

BoJackUSMC
03-30-2012, 7:03 AM
Unless you are a LEO, you will have to do SSE on 4th gen Glock. Unless, you can buy one through Private.

Uxi
03-30-2012, 7:42 AM
Get a compensated and if you want it for HD use, just get another barrel.

drunktank
03-30-2012, 7:49 AM
Is it going to be a range gun? If so, the comp wont hurt as long as you wipe of the front sight every now and then. If it's for defense, I wouldn't get a comp. The port can and will fling debris into your eyes and face. In my experience, it doesn't really help much in small calibers anyway.

RAFA
03-30-2012, 8:04 AM
i don't think it make that big of a difference...honestly i think your better off spending the same amount on a gen4 g22...they say the gen4 especially in the .40 s&w it has bit of less recoil since it has the duel recoil spring...

http://www.mparms.com/Glock-22-Gen4-_p_130.html

^PHEW...HAHA There was only one and I snatched it up last night.

Good choice OP I was mixed on a few different .40 models too but decided the 22 Gen 4 was the gun for me (price helped too ;)). Good luck on your purchase.