PDA

View Full Version : Calguns Member's Only Special- 03-30-2012

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 2:15 PM
We've been keeping this little secret since SHOT SHOW!

The Brand New and just released Ruger 10/22 Takedown Carbine is this week's CGN special. We literally got first shot at these -they've been in our warehouse for about 2 weeks now- and we have (at least, for now) hundreds in stock.

Check out this video on our home page! (www.turners.com)

Once again, we're giving CGN folks a shot at something new and at a little bit better price. One week only at this price.

Starts: Fri- March 30th
Ends: Thu- April 5th

Calguns.net members only; coupon must be presented at time of sale.
Click on the link for the coupon.

Calguns.net Member's Only Special 03-30-2012 (http://www.turners.com/calguns/calgunspromo.php?code=uo32hs5o5u)

http://www.turners.com/calguns/images/calguns_promo-uo32hs5o5u.gif

SoCal Bob
03-29-2012, 2:43 PM
Dang, I bought one this morning at the San Marcos store.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 2:47 PM
Dang, I bought one this morning at the San Marcos store.

No worries... we'll take care of it. PM sent.

Lurch762
03-29-2012, 2:58 PM
No worries... we'll take care of it. PM sent. Can you take care of me too? I just bought one today during lunch.

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 3:21 PM
Can you take care of me too? I just bought one today during lunch.

Of course.

If you bought yesterday, just print your coupon and take it in on your next visit and we'll take care of you.

xoutxkastx
03-29-2012, 3:43 PM
Man sounds like you will be sold out of those pretty soon. Hopefully I can swoop on one tomorrow morning.

Swif
03-29-2012, 4:12 PM
Does turners have layaway or hold riffles?

joefrank64k
03-29-2012, 4:16 PM
I'm in the West Covina store right now trying to buy one! :)

Only 2 sales people available, about 4 ahead of me. We'll see how it goes!

Turner's Outdoorsman
03-29-2012, 4:19 PM
Does turners have layaway or hold riffles?

30% down will hold a rifle for 30 days.

joefrank64k
03-29-2012, 4:30 PM
All right! I'm up and buying! And the CG member price was honored, no problem! :)

TKM
03-29-2012, 4:37 PM
Just got home from buying mine in Kearny Mesa.

I'll just take the coupon in when I pickup and see what happens.

MakeYaBootyBurn
03-29-2012, 5:35 PM
If I don't have a printer can I show someone my iPhone that I'm a member? I'm always signed on?
& will you have the whole spring catalog available online? Or do I have to run to the store to pick one up?
Thanks for the awesome deals!!!

MakeYaBootyBurn
03-29-2012, 5:35 PM
If I don't have a printer can I show someone my iPhone that I'm a member? I'm always signed on?
& will you have the whole spring catalog available online? Or do I have to run to the store to pick one up?

Distro
03-29-2012, 5:46 PM

Many people have shown the coupon on their phones. You don't need to show them your username or anything just zoom in on the coupon.

In the other thread they said they would upload the entire thing on their site tomorrow, but the stores have physical copies of it.

judgedrift
03-29-2012, 6:15 PM
I bought two for my kids can I still get the discount when I pick them up?

monkeylice
03-29-2012, 6:37 PM
I want one so bad :(

But my gun budget for this season is BLOWN

dshortone
03-29-2012, 7:27 PM
I'll bring it in for my next payment. Thanks Turner's!!!

raygun5000
03-29-2012, 8:09 PM
Hi Turners! Do you think these 10/22's will be sold out before this weekend? I won't be able to get to the nearest Turners (Pasadena) until Saturday.

Thanks!

monkeylice
03-30-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi Turners! Do you think these 10/22's will be sold out before this weekend? I won't be able to get to the nearest Turners (Pasadena) until Saturday.

Thanks!

I wouldn't have much hope for that... While I was at the Pasadena store yesterday at least 2 people were buying some and I heard someone say that there were only 20 left in the warehouse. Not sure if that is accurate or not but they sure have been selling like crazy.

xoutxkastx
03-30-2012, 10:51 AM
I wouldn't have much hope for that... While I was at the Pasadena store yesterday at least 2 people were buying some and I heard someone say that there were only 20 left in the warehouse. Not sure if that is accurate or not but they sure have been selling like crazy.

Just got back from the Turner's in Reseda. Paid for the takedown and started my DROS. There were 15-20 people waiting for the store to open. Not many of them were there for the take down. I did here one of the managers say there are some 2 people buying 5 at a time.

winnre
03-30-2012, 11:24 AM
I remember lines like that for Beanie Babies.

BBJohnnyT
03-30-2012, 2:14 PM
Darn, I purchased mine, and paid in full, yesterday on my lunch break at the San Bernardino store, three hours before this coupon was posted. Can something still be worked out for me? Thanks.

exp0zure
03-30-2012, 2:29 PM
Of course.

If you bought yesterday, just print your coupon and take it in on your next visit and we'll take care of you.

Iím in the same boat, I didnít realize there was a Calguns coupon. I went at 10:00 AM as soon as Turnerís opened in Signal Hill. Can I still bring in the coupon when I pick up the gun? Btw, those HX200 flashlights caused quite a ruckus! Thanks!

hooked on glock
03-30-2012, 2:51 PM
Iím in the same boat, I didnít realize there was a Calguns coupon. I went at 10:00 AM as soon as Turnerís opened in Signal Hill. Can I still bring in the coupon when I pick up the gun? Btw, those HX200 flashlights caused quite a ruckus! Thanks!

Dude quit lieing , what ruckus ?

I was there as well , bought me the 22/45 stainless steel and a flashlight .......

exp0zure
03-30-2012, 3:07 PM
Haha yes I’m LYING. It was so calm in there. Are you kidding me?! Even one of the employees was saying how crazy it is, not to mention to the point his computer damn near froze because of the register line. There was at least 30 people waiting in line to put their names down for the HX200.

peterhungle
03-30-2012, 3:34 PM
The pack is upside down in the picture.

cdmcdoug
03-30-2012, 3:49 PM
Well, I bought my Ruger Takedown today at the Chino Hills store. They were very quick and friendly, as usual. I was in and out of there in 20 minutes. Part of that time was spent looking at a couple of other guns. I handed the CalGuns coupon to them, but they did not know about it, but they did accept it. They were a little upset that someone from Turner's had not told them about the sale. They would like to be informed when deals like these are posted.

One funny thing at the Corona store yesterday. They were selling the rifle for $319, instead of the $299 they should have been selling them for. I told them about the ad I received in an e-mail about the $299 price. He said that it was a Wednesday off the hook special. I told him that there was no date and tried to show it to him on my phone. He was not interested in even listening to me. He just told about all the ones they had sold that day for $319. I think that all of these people should get a refund because they were overcharged. Even your Shooting Sports Buyer, Mike Etienne, in your video on Turner's main page, says it is $299.98.

winnre
03-30-2012, 3:58 PM
At the time you printed this coupon I was DROSing mine in San Bernardino!!! RATS!

GMG
03-30-2012, 5:30 PM
Didn't make it today...............Oh well!

jfanaselle
03-30-2012, 6:57 PM
Hello to everyone on the forum. I've been lurking for awhile but I think this is my 1st or second post. I took advantage of this deal at the San Marcos store today, and I am glad I did! They are certain to be sold out by tomorrow afternoon, so if anyone wants one, you better get down there fast. The associate who helped me said they were already down to 60-80 units left (out of over 500 originally received), and they had only been on sale since Wednesday.

gr8dragon88
03-30-2012, 8:24 PM
I was told Turner's received 400 from Ruger and another 300 from Davidson. :cool:

BigBoyPinoy
03-31-2012, 10:31 AM
I was told Turner's received 400 from Ruger and another 300 from Davidson. :cool:

Where did you hear that? Does the Davidson's models have different serial range? Don't they have a better lifetime warranty? Bought one yesterday and also got a Hx200!

shovelon
03-31-2012, 5:36 PM
All gone! So says Reseda store.

DinoPJR
04-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Hey turners I went in on Saturday right when they opened up and wanted to get two of the Takedown 22s. I was starting my paperwork and then the guy came back out and said they ran out of serial numbers. So I was bummed, but I decided to pay for them both and put it on Layaway. So when is a realistic time you think they will come in and also I should be high up on the waiting list, is that the way it is done? Well love the stores hopefully it all works out I know those things were selling like hot cakes! Thanks looking forward to your response.

DinoPJR
04-01-2012, 6:11 PM
Well I will call tomorrow hopefully I don't get burned.

j0k3r11
04-01-2012, 10:32 PM
"Ruger Temporarily Suspends Acceptance of New Orders"

SOUTHPORT, CT --Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE-RGR), announced today that for the first quarter 2012, the Company has received orders for more than one million units. Therefore, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders.

Chief Executive Officer Michael O. Fifer made the following comments:

• The Company's Retailer Programs that were offered from January 1, 2012 through February 29, 2012 were very successful and generated significant orders from retailers to independent wholesale distributors for Ruger firearms.
• Year-to-date, the independent wholesale distributors placed orders with the Company for more than one million Ruger firearms.
• Despite the Company's continuing successful efforts to increase production rates, the incoming order rate exceeds our capacity to rapidly fulfill these orders. Consequently, the Company has temporarily suspended the acceptance of new orders."

You might be waiting a while.

Dirtbikindad393
04-02-2012, 7:54 AM
All gone like can't put a dep on one and there will be no more in the distribution center or whse that Turners uses? Or all gone none in store? I want to buy one of these but do not want to drive from Ventura to Reseda to be told can't buy one can't put a dep on one can't get one period.

jessedlc2
04-02-2012, 8:49 AM
all gone in long beach, yesterday 1200 am

hooked on glock
04-02-2012, 4:34 PM
since they are all gone , can we get a different 10/22 special going or $10-$20 off your existing 10/22 ?

asking cuz i want to build my 11 year old daughter a nice one .... She is a great student and has been asking for one , and what better than having her do her own build ....

under my supervision of course and daddy has to try it first :84:.......

oh never mind i was just in there today and left a deposit on a 10/22 TD ....

Any word on when you should be recieving your next shipment on these ?

hooked on glock
04-02-2012, 4:36 PM
yeah that way I didnt leave a deposit , and bought the stainless 22/45 instead for the same price....

DinoPJR
04-02-2012, 5:43 PM
I talked to the manager today and was told that I will have no problem on getting takedowns because they took orders until they reached there allotted number and I am on the top of the Layaway list. So i should find out from now to the middle of next week. I feel better about it though.

TheHammerOfTruth
04-02-2012, 9:54 PM
I talked to one of the managers in Reseda today and he said that Ruger just shipped them a few hundred more guns. Looks like I'm gonna get mine too.

DinoPJR
04-03-2012, 9:07 AM
Ya good to hear man.

hooked on glock
04-03-2012, 8:10 PM
just came back from leaving a deposit for one of those Ruger's 10/22 TD .... guess i just couldn't resist .....

DinoPJR
04-03-2012, 8:44 PM
haha good for you hooked on glock, ya can't wait to get my hands on that gun. Thing feels real nice no wobble and a pretty good backpack/ camping gun.

ledman
04-04-2012, 8:25 PM

The LB store is open at 12AM?? Wow:eek:

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 2:03 PM
I bought two for my kids can I still get the discount when I pick them up?

Yes; just let make contact with one of the managers when you go in.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 2:32 PM

Thanks!

Didn't make it today...............Oh well!

Hello to everyone on the forum. I've been lurking for awhile but I think this is my 1st or second post. I took advantage of this deal at the San Marcos store today, and I am glad I did! They are certain to be sold out by tomorrow afternoon, so if anyone wants one, you better get down there fast. The associate who helped me said they were already down to 60-80 units left (out of over 500 originally received), and they had only been on sale since Wednesday.

All gone! So says Reseda store.

All gone like can't put a dep on one and there will be no more in the distribution center or whse that Turners uses? Or all gone none in store? I want to buy one of these but do not want to drive from Ventura to Reseda to be told can't buy one can't put a dep on one can't get one period.

since they are all gone , can we get a different 10/22 special going or $10-$20 off your existing 10/22 ?

oh never mind i was just in there today and left a deposit on a 10/22 TD ....

Any word on when you should be recieving your next shipment on these ?

We had 700 initially (came in two shipments) and just got another 100. We have another 500 on the way. We'll continue to sell and/or take deposits if we run out in between shipments on these.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-05-2012, 2:33 PM
Darn, I purchased mine, and paid in full, yesterday on my lunch break at the San Bernardino store, three hours before this coupon was posted. Can something still be worked out for me? Thanks.

As we mentioned above; yes, just contact one of the managers and they will take care of you.

DinoPJR
04-05-2012, 4:37 PM
Yeah turners when will i be able to go and start my dros. I have been hearing monday might be the day, is this true? I was told there shouldn't be a problem on getting these things so any news?

SoCal Gunner
04-05-2012, 7:51 PM
We had 700 initially (came in two shipments) and just got another 100. We have another 500 on the way. We'll continue to sell and/or take deposits if we run out in between shipments on these.

I was in the San Bernardino store early Monday afternoon, showed the CG add and was turned away. No deposits, no more orders, Ruger sold "a million" of these...

(That and no HX200 flashlights as in the spring flyer)

DinoPJR
04-05-2012, 10:25 PM
The pack is upside down in the picture.

yea you're right! That is pretty funny dude.

DinoPJR
04-05-2012, 10:28 PM
yea I went saturday and was there before the opened and first in line for the layaway. so I am hopin for the best. I am gonna harass them again tomorrow, see what I can find out.:devil2:

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-06-2012, 5:21 AM
I was in the San Bernardino store early Monday afternoon, showed the CG add and was turned away. No deposits, no more orders, Ruger sold "a million" of these...

(That and no HX200 flashlights as in the spring flyer)

We did put things on hold for about 3 hours or so when we were working with our rep about getting more guns; but we are right back to taking orders as of that afternoon.

winnre
04-06-2012, 5:17 PM
I'm going to get my 10/22 takedown in a few days (woohoo!) and I will bring my $10 coupon with me. Do I need to reference these emails or do they all know to cut some slack and issue credit on pickup day with the coupon?

Napalm Bulldog
04-07-2012, 9:45 AM
Are these still available?

xoutxkastx
04-09-2012, 1:03 PM
Just got back and picked up my Ruger. Spoke with one of the managers at Turner's in Reseda. He said they still have a shipment coming in and are taking deposits until told other wise by corporate.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-10-2012, 9:19 AM
I'm going to get my 10/22 takedown in a few days (woohoo!) and I will bring my $10 coupon with me. Do I need to reference these emails or do they all know to cut some slack and issue credit on pickup day with the coupon?

Just get with Roy or Jason and they'll take care of you.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-10-2012, 9:20 AM
Are these still available?

Just got back and picked up my Ruger. Spoke with one of the managers at Turner's in Reseda. He said they still have a shipment coming in and are taking deposits until told other wise by corporate.

Yep; we have another 500 on the way- they won't ship all at once but we should stay reasonably caught up.

hooked on glock
04-11-2012, 8:31 PM
I put a deposit on a 10/22 td on 4/2 @ norwalk store , do you have a ETA on the next shipment ?

ETAviator
04-11-2012, 11:49 PM
Been a lurker here for quite a while. A friend at work told me about the 10/22 TD and I knew I wanted it. Just checked my paperwork for the deposit...on 4/5 (Fountain Valley) so I should be eligible for the coupon. Just keeping my fingers crossed that Turners gets enough in stock and that I get a SN.

I put a deposit on a 10/22 td on mon.april 2nd @ norwalk store , do you have a ETA on the next shipment ?

Any updates on the next shipment and how many have been allocated? Should one store get more than another? Thank you.

DinoPJR
04-12-2012, 11:55 AM
Yeah any news turners? I put my deposit on 3/31 just waiting for the call!

DinoPJR
04-13-2012, 3:55 PM
Well i got my call today. I got the serial numbers for two 1022 takedowns. Gonna go do my DROS tomorrow as it is snowing where I am.

hooked on glock
04-13-2012, 4:47 PM
:44: started dros my mine today , So only 10 more days to go ....

DinoPJR
04-14-2012, 8:48 PM
I couldn't get out there. I am goin tomorrow. I live up gnarly dirt roads and we got snowed out and the electricity was out all day, so tomorrow will be the day! What turners do you go to hooked on glock? I am going to the Rancho Cucumonga turners tomorrow

hooked on glock
04-15-2012, 5:53 PM
I couldn't get out there. I am goin tomorrow. I live up gnarly dirt roads and we got snowed out and the electricity was out all day, so tomorrow will be the day! What turners do you go to hooked on glock? I am going to the Rancho Cucumonga turners tomorrow

I always go to the one in Norwalk bro ........

ETAviator
04-15-2012, 11:04 PM
This afternoon while getting the jail paperwork filled out I asked the clerk about the calguns discount and he acted like he had never heard of such a thing. He followed up stating that I could bring in the coupon later and get the discount. To do the paperwork I had to pay in full. I didn't have the coupon with me at the time. Is there still a chance to get the $10 off?

DinoPJR
04-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Ya when I went in I just told them I am a member and she went back and printed the coupon out for me.

Turner's Outdoorsman
04-19-2012, 2:37 PM
This afternoon while getting the jail paperwork filled out I asked the clerk about the calguns discount and he acted like he had never heard of such a thing. He followed up stating that I could bring in the coupon later and get the discount. To do the paperwork I had to pay in full. I didn't have the coupon with me at the time. Is there still a chance to get the $10 off?

PM sent.

USAbodypilot
04-19-2012, 3:44 PM
I went to Turners in FV today and all is complete. While they didn't have any in the FV store the helpful guy I dealt with called the warehouse and got me a serial number to start the DROS. The actual gun will show up in the store in a week and I can pick up in the good old 10 x 24 hours :-)

Calguns coupon accepted with no problems and the total out the door price was $341 inc DROS and Tax

Thanks again!

DinoPJR
04-20-2012, 12:13 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

SemperFlexibus
04-20-2012, 5:56 PM
I went to Turners in FV today and all is complete. While they didn't have any in the FV store the helpful guy I dealt with called the warehouse and got me a serial number to start the DROS. The actual gun will show up in the store in a week and I can pick up in the good old 10 x 24 hours :-)

Calguns coupon accepted with no problems and the total out the door price was $341 inc DROS and Tax

Thanks again!

FV is the best Turner's store to deal with...