PDA

View Full Version : Cant get comfortable behind my Savage MKII

FredoSD
03-29-2012, 12:13 PM
I took the Savage out again last night. Still not happy with my performance or should say lack of performance. Bench rest at 50 yrds.
I noticed two issues, one is I need taller scopre rings and the other is the stock is a bit too short so I'm kind of cramped onto the rifle..
I can get rings easy enough but I'm having a hard time finding a replacement stock. Everywhere I've checked there doesnt seem to be much of a market for replacement stocks for the MKII.
Any one know of a vendor they can point me to?
Of course I want good quality at a crap quality price HA!

G-forceJunkie
03-29-2012, 12:20 PM
Boyds makes a bunch of stocks. Adding a thicker recoil pad may help add some length as well.

NOTABIKER
03-29-2012, 12:24 PM
also richards microfit stocks is in the valley. if you have a wood stock savage mark 2 i will buy it from you. i have the FV with a plastic stock. let me know.

FredoSD
03-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Thanks guys, I thought about adding a thicker recoil pad. Might be funny telling folks about the 22lr kicking too hard :D

Notabiker, thanks I'll check that site. Sorry the stock on my MKII is plastic.

sofbak
03-29-2012, 3:11 PM
I have a MK II BV, and mine was uncomfortably short as well. I added a Morgan recoil pad (curved unit). It adds about 1-3/4" to the LOP, and with the curved pad, it doesn't slip on my shoulder. Problem solved for me. ymmv

sofbak