PDA

View Full Version : Orderd a Pelican storm case

jloffermann
03-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Hey I will be traveling by airline with some firearms so I purcahsed a Pelican storm im3300 case with foam etc.. any adivce on the locks or when cutting foam and just how to secure the guns?

3 handguns, mossberg 500 shotgun 18.5in barrel and ar-15

I already contacted the airlines about everything and all my firearms are CA legal etc.. I planned on bringing a couple handguns back and once I do I just go to a gun shop and register/pay sales tax?

Intimid8tor
03-29-2012, 11:57 AM
Should've bought a stinger missile case (shameless plug)

TSA has "approved" locks. Not sure what that means, but they have some requirements I believe.

Someone will correct me, but I don't think you can just buy handguns and bring them back if your residence isn't changing. In other words, I can't go to Reno, buy handguns and bring them back. I can go, buy them and have them shipped to a California FFL (assuming roster or SSE).

jloffermann
03-29-2012, 3:19 PM
This maybe the case It might be different for Military. I called the local sherrifs office (about 6 months ago) and they had an LEO and don't quote me... But he said since im not a CA resident I will just have to report them within 30days of bringing them and have the modified or ffld back if they can't, and then do paperwork. I will just stop by and ask them for the details before I go. I was planning on getting a glock 17 and just leaving the 17rd mags at my Dads and getting some 10rounders etc.. it would be a gen3 too.

Intimid8tor
03-29-2012, 3:27 PM
I'm not an expert on military bring firearms back, for new residents you just have to do the new resident papwerwork once you get here. The experts will be along shortly as I don't want to give you bad directions.

jloffermann
03-29-2012, 3:46 PM
It's all good. I thought you were kidding about the stinger missle case at first and then bam! alot of people are using them for cases etc... nice one!

Intimid8tor
03-29-2012, 4:04 PM
It's all good. I thought you were kidding about the stinger missle case at first and then bam! alot of people are using them for cases etc... nice one!

Not kidding about them. I have about 10 more to sell and they make super heavy duty rifle cases.

jloffermann
03-29-2012, 4:24 PM
Dang I just bought a case in a couple months if you still have one I might be interested I am working on builing up my collection by alot in a few months. I'll pm you for real.

jloffermann
03-30-2012, 2:08 PM
So does anyone have any experience? I believe I have all my bases covered airline and CA legal wise but with packing my case anyone recommend anything like how to cut foam (gun specific or general) or just any things people learned from taking some there guns with them flying.