PDA

View Full Version : Very dissatisfied and upset...

Antyoo
03-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Back on 1/4/2012 I was bored and wanted to buy myself a birthday present.

I stopped at the Turner's in West Covina to look at the GSG1911CA before I had to go to class. During class I talked to a friend that has one and read some reviews. Decided to buy the gun. Went back, paid for it, and started the dros

1/15/2012
Picked up the firearm.

1/16/2012
Took the gun to the range and fired a couple hundred rounds. While cleaning the gun after the range trip I noticed that there was a machining defect in the rifling of the barrel.

I was kicking myself for not inspecting the gun more closely when I made the purchase.

I emailed ATI to see if it was possible to have a new barrel sent to me.

1/20/2012
After not receiving an email response from ATI, I called and was told that I would need to ship the whole gun to them.

1/23/2012
Went back to Turner's West Covina to have them ship the gun to ATI for me. I was told that it would be of no cost to me, but I was still upset that I only had it in my possession for a week. was told that it would take 4-6 weeks to get it back.

Two weeks passed and I had heard nothing from Turners or ATI. I stopped by the store to get an update 2-3 times in that time frame. All I was told was that the gun was shipped out the day after I dropped it off and that ATI had received the gun and was presumably working on it. Every time I asked for updates from the store, I was told I would be called the next day with an update. Never got updates.

2/27/2012
I called ATI to see what was going on after repeatedly not getting call backs from the store with the status of my gun.

I find out from ATI customer service that they received the gun on 2/20/2012, Nearly a month after I dropped it off.

This news angered me for 2 reasons.

1. pistols must be shipped next day air, which means it took nearly a month for turner's to ship my pistol to ATI.

2. I was told in the first days of February that ATI was in possession of my pistol, when they were not.

So ATI tells me that the pistol is in the queue and that it will be another 2-3 weeks for the work to be completed.

3/13/2012
Called ATI again to see what was up. I was told that the warranty work was completed and that they were shipping it out the following day.

3/20/2012
Called Turners store again and again was told that I would get a call back

3/21/2012
No call back from Turner's. Called again and was told that It is still in ATI's possession.

3/22/2012
1 am I sent an email to ATI with the subject "EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED: gsg1911CA warranty"

It got their attention as I received a reply just after 6am. In the reply I was given a tracking number which showed that the pistol was delivered to Turner's on 3/16/2012

around noon I called the turner's store and asked for an update on the gun. I was told I would get a call back, after they get in touch with the warehouse/corporate.

Around 3pm I call Turner's corporate to see if they could tell me where the gun is, but was only able to leave a message with the operator.

got a call from the store saying that the warehouse does not have my gun and that ATI still had it.

at this point I had enough. I told the man on the phone that ATI gave me a tracking number saying that the pistol was delivered 6 days ago on the 16th. I also told him that it was completely unacceptable that a pistol under my name has been unaccounted for, for a WEEK! I then demanded a refund on the pistol as well as what ever paperwork is necessary to show that I am no longer the owner of the missing firearm.

I was then told that they would track down the pistol and get back to me as it is necessary for the pistol to be back in the store before "taking care of the situation"

Called corporate again around 4pm and was sent to a voice mail after the operator told me "you can leave a message but I can't guaranty you will get a call back"

Left a message saying how its unacceptable that they have had my gun since 3/16/2012 but I am told they do not have the gun. I also said how I considered the firearm lost and wanted a full refund and a call back as soon as possible.

I then made plans to make all the necessary calls the next day to report a lost firearm

3/23/2012
8am I receive a call from Turner's West Covina saying that the warehouse found my gun and that it will be on the next truck to the store.

The store gets deliveries on Thursdays... which meant another week of waiting, provided they actually found it and that it makes it on the truck.

either way, the news was enough to keep me from reporting the firearm lost.

I am supposed to hear from the store tomorrow(3/29/2012)

monkeylice
03-28-2012, 11:14 PM
Good luck :(

Sleighter
03-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Wow... I'm eager to hear from Turners about these accusations. To have a firearm misplaced so frequently and simply unaccounted for is ludicrous.

sxything
03-29-2012, 12:04 AM
That is messed up but not surprising, only thing they have going is the gun selection and now they mess up the delivery NICE!!! I went there to buy a Ruger and was advised they didn't have it anywhere, after reading many CALGUNS posts, I go home call another Turners store and they advised me to come on down we have 5 in the warehouse.....uuummm what ...must be the nice "new computer system" that still doesn't work....so I went to BASSPRO

drifter2be
03-29-2012, 12:09 AM
Exactly the level of competence and professionalism that I have come to expect from Turners. If I were in your position I wouldn't even want the gun back. I would make Turners completely refund purchase price, tax and dros and go buy another one elsewhere, there is no reason they should make any money off you with the craptacular service you were given. Good luck, hope you have something to show for all your troubles by the end of the day.

IntoForever
03-29-2012, 12:12 AM
Damn! Even Big-5 is better than that!

Chrushev
03-29-2012, 9:07 AM
I made 2 purchases form Turners in the last couple months and both were scary.

First one was (same as you) GSG 1911CA, bought the gun, waited 10 days, gun didnt make the truck... had to wait an extra week. Went to pick it up.. NOT MY GUN. Serial number on my paperwork didnt match the firearm. So basically they lost or sold the gun with MY serial number. Ended up having to ammend the paperwork to show the new serial number.

Second, bought a Beretta 92FS... similar story.. go the serial number... show up to DROS the gun (I had to wait 30 days after GSG to DROS it). They dont know where the gun is, so again... had to ammend paperwork with the new serial number. No idea where my serial number went.

Im picking up the Beretta this coming tuesday from the 10day jail... I hope they didnt lose that one, the had it in store when I DROSed it.

antmarc217
04-09-2012, 4:00 PM
Ouch. Good luck buddy. I'm currently in firearm limbo as well. Apparently the AK on my name was omehow released at another location. It's been exactly a week that I've been waiting for a new shipment... blah blah same story different firearm. :banghead:

winnre
04-09-2012, 4:09 PM
Two weeks.

Antyoo
04-10-2012, 9:55 AM
here's an update

I did finally get the firearm back on the 30th of March. The finish on the slide was damaged all along the ejection port and the finish on the new barrel is of poor quality

I sent out a one week old gun and got back a gun that looks more used than my 22 year old Ruger p85mk2

in addition to the cosmetic flaws, the new barrel is garbage. every single shot fails to extract. the extractor has no chips or cracks and the extractor spring is strong. everything is clean and oiled as well.

after every shot I have to use my pocket knife or a screwdriver to pry out the spent casing.

during the first week after my dros was over the gun cycled perfectly, firing hundreds of rounds with out issue. now I have a scratched up single shot pistol

I can't even sell it now, because despite only actually having it my possession for a total of less than 20 days, it is probably worth less than half of what I paid for it.

I do not blame Turner's for the damages to the finish. That is on ATI. But the whole warranty process was a headache. I really did not appreciate how hard it was to get updates and call backs with the the status of the gun or that it two twice as long as I was told when I first dropped off the gun.

That being said, Tom at the West Covina store was very patient with me(not that I made a scene or anything, I do my best to keep frustration from altering how I interact with people) and helpful in the week leading up to when I finally got the gun back

Tee Why
04-10-2012, 9:40 PM
Man, sorry to hear. If I were you, I'd call the manager at the Service/warranty department at ATI and let him have it.

Antyoo
04-11-2012, 9:48 AM
Man, sorry to hear. If I were you, I'd call the manager at the Service/warranty department at ATI and let him have it.

Called ATI on 4/2. the California barrels are back ordered. I'm on the list to receive one but who knows how long that will take. They don't even have a way to notify me when they finally do send me a replacement barrel, It will just show up one day.

at least I don't have to pay for the replacement barrel.

paul0660
04-11-2012, 9:53 AM
1. pistols must be shipped next day air, which means it took nearly a month for turner's to ship my pistol to ATI.

FFL's can send pistols via USPS.

em9sredbeam
04-11-2012, 10:15 AM
That sucks man, sorry to hear about that. I would ask for a manager and nicely tell them to find a solution and if they don't you are going on every site in the world to leave awful feed back.

Manolito
04-11-2012, 10:34 AM
There are a couple of things you can do to bring pressure against the manufacturer.
1. What magazines do they advertise in? Contact the magazine and explain the problem.
2. Ship off the entire documented story to corporate headquarters for the manufacturer. (Often the service given by an employee is not what the company expects)
3. Contact the Better Business bureau they do make a difference.
4. Contact Turners corporate office with the documented file and simply ask is this what their company represents.
5. Send a registered letter to the company demanding a new replacement weapon immediately and that you have been deprived of your purchase for x amount of months and this is not acceptable.
6. If all of this fails file small claims court against the manufacturer and demand a replacement weapon.
There is one final opportunity but lets see how this goes before we send the silver bullet down the barrel.
Respectfully,
Bill
Good Luck and keep us posted as to the outcome.

Mateba
04-13-2012, 6:38 AM
Pistols do NOT need to be shipped next day air when going from dealer to dealer, they can be shipped USPS if they are going from FFL to FFL. Dealers do it all the time as do manufacturers, if YOU'RE shipping a pistol it must go 2nd day air.

Dirtbikindad393
04-13-2012, 8:22 PM
Pistols do NOT need to be shipped next day air when going from dealer to dealer, they can be shipped USPS if they are going from FFL to FFL. Dealers do it all the time as do manufacturers, if YOU'RE shipping a pistol it must go 2nd day air.

I have never heard this. I sent a new pistol in for warranty work to the factory and sent ground and insured for replacment value. The people at the factory didn't say anything about sending it 2nd day air.

Mateba
04-14-2012, 6:01 PM
Did you declare it?
Did you send it from a hub?